• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadow of the Twilight's Hammer v1.4

Command the Horde in their war against Cho'gall and Twilight's Hammer.

Description:
Shadow of the Twilight's Hammer (aka Dawn of the Twilight's Hammer) is a custom campaign that follows the story of the Horde in the events of World of Warcraft: Catalycsm as they wage war against the corrupted ogre mage Cho'gall and his Twilight's Hammer cult.

Features:
- 12 playable maps, 4 submaps and 3 interludes.
- Custom music and voices.
- Variable difficulty.

Known Issues:
- Gazlowe's talents will reset after every mission due to an issue with Engineering Upgrade.

Requirements:
Patch 1.29.2

v1.0 - 24/11/2022
  • Released.
v1.1 - 29/11/2022
  • Merged the audio files into the campaign. You may now play without having to download the external files and enabling local files.
  • The fleshy corpses will now show up in Chapter 1.
  • Decreased the intial attack wave size in Chapter 3.
  • Added upgrades to the enemies in Chapter 6.
  • Anachronos will now be visible if you skip his cinematic.
  • Fixed lightning lord obelisks in Chapter 7.
  • Fixed Cho'gall's boss fight.
  • Made the 2nd part of Chapter 12 visible in the campaign menu.
v1.2 - 08/02/2023
  • Fireball tootip now shows how much damage it does.
  • Changed the Tauren Wyvern's projectile missile.
  • Renamed the Brave's Berzerker to Enrage and made it autocastable.
  • The Peons in Chapter 1 no longer cut trees fast.
  • Overseer Tregg and his guards now attack together.
  • Removed Bloodlust from Centaur Sorcerers.
  • Removed Endurance Aura, War Stomp, and Reincarnation from Centaur Khan.
  • The AI now longer attack at the same time.
  • Maraudon - Replaced the rock chunks with cages.
  • Removed Spell Immunity from elementals.
  • Removed Charm from Silithid Queen.
  • Removed Sleep from Silithid.
  • Removed Shockwave from Silithid Lord.
  • Removed Silence from Silithid Seer.
  • Removed Animate Dead from Silithid Emperor.
  • Removed flying units in Chapter 6.
  • Added upgrades to ogres in Chapter 8.
  • Changed Bloodaxe Legion color to Brown.
  • Gemstones in Chapter 10 are now undroppable.
  • Changed orc units models to blackrock units in Chapter 11.
  • Fixed the player AI in Chapter 12.
  • Removed Mana Burn and Sleep from Cho'gall.
  • Cho'gall's minions now drop rune of healing.
  • Fixed Sinestra quest description.
  • Changed the owner of spirit of fire to neutral passive.
  • Fixed Garrosh's Command Aura level requirement.
  • Fixed Toradin Greybeard's dialogue.
  • Fixed Eye of Oblivion that prevents Cho'gall from sending the next attack batch.
  • Heroes are no longer hostile when closing the gates in Chapter 12.
v1.3 - 16/08/2023
  • Fixed the difficulty.
  • Added two difficulties: Insane and Nightmare.
v1.4 - 24/11/2023
  • Fixed Garrosh's tooltip.
  • Replaced Garrosh's Charge with Battle Shout (Roar)
  • Replaced Garrosh's Command Aura with Cleaving Attack.
  • Garrosh's Berserker Rage no longer causes him to take more damage.
  • Fixed Brave's tooltip.
  • Replaced Brave's Enrage with Berserker Strength upgrade.
  • Renamed Defender to Watcher.
  • Renamed Seer to Druid.
  • Replaced Warlock' Soul Burn with Unholy Frenzy.
  • Renamed Gunner to Sharpshooter.
  • Removed the defeat cheat on insane and nightmare difficulty.
  • Difficulty can now be changed in-game (Requires Game Restart)
  • Fixed Gazlowe's skill points.
  • Added a path to the Hydralik island in Chapter 3.
  • Fixed Allies AI in Chapter 12.
  • Replaced Alchemist's Frenzy with Banish.
  • Renamed Conjurer to Shadow Priest and replaced his abilities.
  • Tauren and Trolls units can now be trained in orc buildings in Chapter 6.

Models:
@levigeorge, @General Frank , @Ujimasa Hojo, @johnwar, @Deolrin, @Explobomb, @Just_Spectating, @Khazmo, @JetFangInferno, @Kwaliti, @handclaw, @Gluma, @Tranquil, @bakr, @GreyArchon, @IamMclovin, @Norinrad, @SuPa-, @Tauer, @Sephiroth_VII, @Burning_Dragoon5, @tillinghast, @donut3.5, @Himperion, @assasin_lord, @Tarrasque, @MatiS, @-Grendel, @Filip95, @Direfury, @jj84, @takakenji, @Kuhneghetz, @Murlocologist, @Kirym, @Mike, @PROXY, @Sellenisko, @Vendro the Wind Mage, @Taylor Mouse
Icons:
@Altruistic Anduin, @viiva, @Scias, @CRAZYRUSSIAN, @Mr.Goblin, @Sin'dorei300, @NFWar, @General Frank, @Marcos DAB, @PrinceYaser, @Blizzard Entertainment, @PeeKay, @Jimmy Page, @Hellx-Magnus, @MN Lahmar, @NO_exe, @BLazeKraze, @dansaDisco, @Murlocologist, @YubelHaouJudai, @Traggey, @stonneash
Textures:
@Juice_F, @Hawkwing, @Val_09, @HungaryMaster (Magyar), @mattdraw
Spells & Systems:
@PurgeandFire - Walkability Check

Join my Discord channel for discussions and updates: https://discord.gg/3mkG693UCH
Contents

Shadow of the Twilight's Hammer v1.4 (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
While my time reviewing is less than before and because I played the previous version and remember it was good, I can only Approve this. Ah, the map thread description could give some details about the gameplay/campaign since not everyone has played...
Level 26
I also wanted to pointing out in Chapter 2 when you destroy the first outpost, during cinematic three collector appear: two of them are building something (A hut and Barracks), but the third one does nothing. During cinematic the building what I mention are ready. Homever, the third collector are just standing in the background and doing nothing. No Great Hall was build in the end of the cinematic. The map was some sort of a challenge with the current state, and there is no info or hints how to solve the puzzle for the Ancient Tablet. (Just the quest is visible, no hints no anything.)
Hydralisk on the map was present, but how Am I suppose to trasport that creature to the mainland, to use it for the upcoming battle is still a question unanswered.

Tauren Warrior update mention's tauren Brave, so when the training time is over: you have a Tauren Brave, but in the Barracks it's named Tauren Warrior.
Sandfury map, Trolls: Conjourer ability "Parasite" mentions "minion minion". It's watery minion.

Chapter 5:
In the Start, two shredders are already in the base. But they are not upgradeable: they are probably the ones that you can buy from a Goblin Laboratory normally.

Chapter 5, Dire Maul:

"We need two keys to open the doors" (Or something)
The player not need any keys, they need to activate two switches.

Update: CET+1 17:50

Chapter 6
Wyvern has piercing attack and attack's like a Wind Rider, but there is no Rider on the Wyvern, plus it's description of the unit is the Wind Rider. Every other race than orc spellcasters are not have any upgrade to have more spells, etc. Only Orc Spellcasters are upgradeable. Tauren Seers are not even useable in this chapter: they can't be upgraded, and their only ability (Entangling Roots) are inactive. After Reaching the Gate, Tauren Seers are now useable. Tauren Armory and Troll Vodoo Lounge selling orb's(Fire and Poison Orb), but the Orc Vodoo Lounge is not selling any type of Orb.

Not chapter specific, but Tauren Spirit walkers are coming out from training in Ethereal form. Tauren Seer is named in the Wisdom Lodge as Druid.

Update CET+1 19:35
1669055759181.png

After the difficulty is choosen, the map does not restart, and the difficulty is not changed when I restart the map.

I begin to play and find all the hidden items on my channel
About your Fury of Sands named video from this playlist is not right. I playing this map and there is no tauren yet, just Trolls. Voljin is on the leadership.

Last edited:
Level 28
Bugfix:
  • Fixed the victory dialog after killing Angerforge in Chapter 9.
  • The troll worker will now build a great hall during the kulratha cinematic in Chapter 3.
  • The mission will no longer fail if you skip the kulratha cinematic in Chapter 3.
  • Added titles to the submaps the campaign should now work with Xetanth87's Campaign Spliter.

After the difficulty is choosen, the map does not restart, and the difficulty is not changed when I restart the map.
Just a typo, you don't need to restart the mission for the difficulty to take effect.
Plus I wanted to report, when I slay the guardians on the Cave entrance in Hooves of War, the game was not automatically continoued: I was able to unlock the entrance in the second time, because first time nothing happened, and I was unable to proceed. I don't cheated.
What you mean by continued?

Level 26
Out of curiosity, has anyone beaten the campaign yet? I just want to make sure the last chapters are working. Also, if you played chapter 12, how was the difficulty? I feel like it was be too hard and that I should nerf it.
I didn't done yet, I'm at chapter 6 and I decided to wait for update, a big bug fixing patch or something.

Level 28
Update 1.1:

• Merged the audio files into the campaign. You may now play without having to download the external files and enabling local files.
I didn't done yet, I'm at chapter 6 and I decided to wait for update, a big bug fixing patch or something.
What's the problem with chapter 6?

Level 7
can the ally ai adjusted? i feel like the ally ai is idling with so long to wait their attack waves, feels more like fight alone. as i remember, the rpg map of forsaken in the final mission ally ai is more balance

Level 26
Update 1.1:

What's the problem with chapter 6?
Statues asking questions (riddles), and I can't answer any of them. You know... English is my secondary language.... For a native, they have a better understanding and better answering capabilities than me.

Level 28
can the ally ai adjusted? i feel like the ally ai is idling with so long to wait their attack waves, feels more like fight alone. as i remember, the rpg map of forsaken in the final mission ally ai is more balance
I suppose you're right. The AI waits around 8 minutes or so before launching an attack wave. I may adjust that next.
Statues asking questions (riddles), and I can't answer any of them. You know... English is my secondary language.... For a native, they have a better understanding and better answering capabilities than me.
You can find the asnwers to all the riddles on my discord server, or google the answers.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
While my time reviewing is less than before and because I played the previous version and remember it was good, I can only Approve this.

Ah, the map thread description could give some details about the gameplay/campaign since not everyone has played the other one, probably.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited:
Level 28
The Lightning Lord didn't become vulnerable after destroying the Power Generator, this was after I had saved and loaded the mission earlier btw.
I thought this issue was fixed already. I will check again soon.
Anybody know how to solve Ancient Tablet puzzle in Chapter 3?
I am totally confused as well with this part. But so far, this campaign has been fun. <3
You have to lit up all the switches. The solution is in this video.

nv4

nv4

Level 8
Huh, I remember quite a few people praising the old campaign, and believing their praises I tried it with high expectations. And then I got so disappointed I dropped it after finishing chapter 3. Perhaps I overreacted back then, but it just felt too raw, and combined with failed expectations, I just didn't feel like spending my time on it.

And here I suddenly discover that you remade it. And so I thought: "Well, why not give a try again, Legacy of Lordaeron was enjoyable despite all its own shortcomings, so maybe it won't be that bad." And so I did, this time without expecting much from it.
The verdict? It really is good. Has quite a list of issues and bugs, but I certainly enjoyed it nonetheless. Most chapters felt like original Reign of Chaos campaigns, especially chapters 8-11.

Played on version 1.1, hard difficulty, except chapters 2.submap - 4.mainmap and 12.submap, which I had to play on easy due to bugged difficulty selection. So things I say about balance related stuff might not apply for all difficulties, I guess.

1) Firebolt - tooltip should mention how much damage it does.
2) Taurens' Wyvern has no orc rider, yet its attack animation is still throwing the spear. Projectile should be changed to that of orb of poison.
3) Brave should have Berserker ability autocastable.

Chapter 1
4) Peon at Doomsday Cult's base cuts trees so fast that by the time I got there (and I'm sure I didn't waste time), he finished cutting trees inside the base and went for the trees past watch towers. So it would be better if that peon didn't cut them so fast.
5) Overseer Tregg with his guards could use an increased aggro range, so that it wouldn't be possible to pull away only part of enemies there and instead they all would attack together.

Chapter 2
6) Loading screen map shows a mark near Orgrimmar, but the chapter takes place in Desolace. I know it's really a minor thing, but perhaps you could use any WoW map instead?
7) All 3 AIs attack at the same time and the attack waves are pretty big. And they even have higher attack & defense upgrades. And fucking sorcerers casting bloodlust on everyone and their mother. Oh and don't even get me started on those fucking khans with their fucking stomp. I can deal with 1 khan, 2 even if there's not much other units, but when I have to deal with 5-6 of them, permanently stunning my whole army - no, just no. That's the bookwise definition of unfair advantage. No way to beat them fairly, without abusing the AI, and even that is pretty hard to pull. I enjoy challenge when it's fair, but this crap is NOT enjoyable in the least.
So AIs either shouldn't attack at the same time, or (and I'd like this way more) waves should be smaller but AIs still attack at the same time (though no more than 2 AIs at the same time) - this way it's more interesting when you have to defend 2 sides. And interval between attacks should be adjusted too probably. And for the love of god, less fucking khans. And also would be nice to increase cooldown on bloodlust for sorcerers, dealing with fully bloodlusted centaur base\attack wave is a pretty sharp pain in the ass.
And also AI's aggro range (or whatever's the reason for such behavior) needs fixing - I attacked purple AI, then had to retreat to defend my base, and purple just kept constantly sending his units to attack me (and I mean as soon as new units were built they just ran to my attack my base), as if I was still attacking his base. Perpetual aggro basically.
8) Might also lower the health of centaur buildings. Combined with their huge numbers and the fact that they have like 6 barracks spewing units at the same time, it's too tedious to siege their bases.
Maraudon
9) I don't like that there are extra cave entrances with units behind destroyable rocks. It's immersion breaking that I had to fight through all these centaurs at the front entrance of the cave like an idiot, while some orcs just sneaked through extra entrances. I understand that it's done for gameplay purpose, but perhaps something else could be done instead? Maybe some enemies could drop healing salve with 1 charge or something like that. Or maybe drop rune of rebirth or rune of resurrection.
10) There are a couple healing runes at the start, when you don't really need them yet, and none of them later when you actually need them. Would be better to distribute those runes evenly throughout the whole cave.

Chapter 3
11) Harpy Queen should drop rune of healing instead of rune of dispel.
Zul'Farrak
12) Well, one of the main reasons I was so disappointed with the old campaign is terrain. Just look at it - the terrain is as basic as it gets - past the entrance it's almost entirely just floor and walls. I mean, I wouldn't say that Zul'Farrak in WoW is "rich in terrain objects", but it's certainly not that empty. It doesn't feel like a city, it feels like a giant cave, not even an inhabited one. Is there really absolutely nothing to make it look better? Like, I don't know, maybe it could look good enough with at least a few buildings here? It's a city, after all.

Chapter 4
Bael'dun Keep

13) First Mountain King should drop rune of healing.
14) Rune of mana at the south leftmost section should also be replaced with rune of healing.
15) Why do all these elementals have magic immunity? Elementals and shield breakers are ~50% of all enemies here, and half of my units deal magic damage, thus half of my units don't even attack anyone.

Chapter 5
Dire Maul

16) Okay, I can somewhat accept goblins being in cages, but shredders just standing there waiting to get under player's control are absolutely out of place and immersion-breaking.
17) While not as frustratingly empty as Zul'Farrak, this submap still feels lacking. I suppose it's hard to make anything resembling the terrain in WoW due to lack of similarly looking doodads, but it feels frustrating nonetheless.

Chapter 6
18) The loading screen map shows the area near Durnholde Keep, but the chapter takes place in Silithus. Again, minor thing but some WoW map would look much better.
19) Oh my fucking god, common units with sleep? That shit is both incredibly annoying and unbalanced. And they also have curse, raise undead and faerie fire. And all that from the start. And of course both AIs again attack at (almost) the same time, and there's like what, a 2 minute time before the first attack? But that's okay, I can deal with hardships, I just need my spirit walkers so they can dispel everyhing. Oh wait, they're tauren tech tree now, and taurens don't even have anything prebuilt. Okay, I can deal with that as well, after all, there's a goldmine nearby.
Aaaaand they don't have dispel in that chapter. Actually, both taurens' and trolls' casters don't have mastery upgrade research available and respective spells. Not even greyed out icons, they're just gone, void.
What. The. Fuck. Why? I hope it's just a bug and not an intentional decision.
20) Fucking hell, Silithid Emperor apparently even has charm and animate dead. And charm even works on demolishers, which are mechanical (or are they? Shadow strike also works on them). Can't have shit in Silithus. And Silithid Warrior spawns 2 hatchlings upon death. And someone has shadow strike.
And after some waves, the attack waves include 11 lvl 5 units with 2 lvl 7 units. Those lvl 5 units are casters with stats like those of 3-4 food cost units, so I'd say those lvl 5 silithids are worth 5 food cost. And lvl 7 units are 7 food. So in total that's 11*5+2*7=69 food worth attack wave. From 1 AI, and both AIs attack at almost the same time.
And you know the good old tower wall strategy? Well, purple silithids also got crushing wave so they can very effectively demolish towers.
How is this shit balanced? At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if some common unit also had mana burn.
21) And what do I get for exploring the map? Scroll of healing, scroll of mana, potion of mana, scroll of speed. Okay, I can use the first 3, but scroll of speed? Is that a joke? I can buy it in literally all 3 lounges and it costs 50 gold, why is it here even?
22) And same perpetual aggro bug happened with purple AI here, as was with centaurs in chapter 2.

But you know what? Despite all this incredible bullshit, I still made it. With several Greymane Walls of towers that took me a whole Ashenvale worth amount of wood and hit-and-run tactic with batriders. Certified "orcish honor" moment.
As for suggestions, it's hard to say what's best to change since there are so many thing that could use fixing, but at the same time fixing all of them would probably take away the challenge. For start though, I'd suggest fixing casters and do something with sleep, remove it or increase its cooldown and mana cost.

23) Also, hostile-neutral units have no upgrades even on hard difficulty and all 3 bosses are vulnerable to air units, even a sqaud of batriders can do the job. And for wyverns it's just a piece of a cake.
I guess it's even easier to rush a squad of wyverns, "stash" some builings around the map to prevent losing due to losing all buildings, and then just have wyverns clear enemy heroes while my heroes collect the required items and just finish this god-cursed chapter ASAP.

Chapter 7
24) Oh, so now enemies have no attack & defense upgrades while my units have lvl 2 attack, defense and mastery. Really, after the overwhelming difficulty in the previous chapter, suddenly I'm fighting weaklings here?
25) Perhaps, golems might be changed to attack after, for example, 3 wrong answers, and killing them would spawn the orb. That way people who don't want to solve riddles would get the orbs through combat.
26) This part with elevating platforms SUCKS. Period. It made sense in original campaign because there was a time limit + enemies that could damage Arthas with no way to heal quickly. Both are not the case here. The only difficulty here is dealing with Warcraft's crusty pathfinding and keeping cool trying not to get annoyed by needless time wasting.
Besides, it is implemented properly here in Chapter 11, so I'd think you do see the difference.
27) Lady Medusy is all alone here in that big room, that gives the impression that there's definitely going to be something more than just her. And the first thing she does is 45 seconds invulnerability, she doesn't even use charm until her invulnerability ends. And all she does besides that is autoattacking. My disappointment is immeasurable and my expectations are ruined. That's the opposite of exciting fight. Just more pointless, annoying time wasting.

Despite these disappointing moments, that was a pretty cool chapter. I'd even say the best one in this campaign.

Chapter 8
28) Enemies have no upgrades researched and don't research them with time. And ogres can't even benefit from attack & defense upgrades.
29) Bloodaxe Legion has the same orange color as Bloodhoof Taurens. Surely there are some other colors to assign to either of them so it would be possible to distinguish them by color.

Chapter 9 - part 1
30) Dark Iron Shield Breaker - why 600 hp only instead of 800? And his damage with lvl 3 attack upgrade is less than normal shield breaker's damage with no upgrades. Also, haven't seen a single bash from him, does Dark Iron variant even have it? Felt like a complete downgrade of normal shield breaker.
If anything, he should be stronger than the normal one. At this point RPG-styled map is a child-level in terms of difficulty compared to RTS-styled map - the heroes are already very strong, the enemies are limited and can't use the advantage of AI's unlimited resource and there's no need to take care of both offense and defense as there's no base to defend. And there's even a health fountain. So there's just no reason to make enemies here weaker than they were in RTS-styled maps.
Also, this reasoning applies to all maps, not just this one.

Chapter 10 - part 2
31) Had to restart because I dropped the gemstone and walked through the portal, and portal became only after I walked through it. So I got softlocked. If gemstone is required for progression, better just make it undroppable.

Chapter 11 - part 3
32) Suddenly orcs use normal models instead of Blackrock ones? Should be Blackrock ones.

Chapter 12
33) War Mill at orc base should be closer to trees.
34) Is it intentional that allies here are controlled by a player and an AI at the same time? First time I see it being that way.
Anyway, there are some serious problems with the AI. After each enemy attack, units get back to set positions which are scattered around the base. Apparently, each such position is set near building that produces respective unit, though setting rally points doesn't solve the issue.
AI is dumb in a very suicidal way, especially taurens. Units have dogshit positioning, taurens' ranged units end up being close enough to that ogre hero to get stunned by his stomp. And they can go as far as to they enemy base, naturally dying there. And I'd guess that it's an issue with aggro range or something, but despite doing that suicidal shit, when enemies attack horde's bases, not even all units move to defend it.
And for some reason Galzowe transforms back into goblin form when at low health. Also goblin workers do some stupid shit like repairing Gazlowe while he fights or repairing buildings on the frontline, resulting in workers getting killed. And what's even worse - he moves those workers that are assigned to gold mine, so AI even fucks up my own economy.
AI even made Gazlowe sell Themios the Darkbringer when all worksers got killed! Despite having 20k+ (yes, I cheated) gold! That's just beyond outrageous!
The way they use spells is also frustrating. If I knew how it would be, I'd just omit leveling hex for Vol'Jin and War Stomp for Bane. Good thing that Gazlowe is bugged and has all his skills unlearned.
Also, why the fuck are there siege units (sapper, demolisher, batrider) preproduced and AI keeps producing them? It's up for the player to decide when (or even if) he wants to attack enemy base, and before that having siege units is counterproductive - they don't do well against heavy armor type, take food limit and could be replaced with some better units.
Quite an interesting expirience nonetheless. Might be a pretty cool mission after fixing the AI.
35) Aside from AI issues, there's also a problem with resources. Starting lumber is 250 for all 4 bases, while all except goblins have only 3 workers assigned to collect lumber. That's by far not enough to do all the things needed to oppose aggressive enemy AIs. But starting food limits are: Orcs 38/40, Trolls 42/40, Taurens 49/40, Goblins 31/40. So Trolls and Taurens need to build extra farm before producing any new units, orcs have only 2 free limit. And that stalls lumber extraction a lot. Ironically, goblins have the least preproduced units despite them needing no more workers.
So my suggestion is - give all bases 1 extra farm, remove 1 seer from taurens' starting units, add some units for goblins. And replace siege units with something appropriate for the situation. Add 1 extra tower for each base and move goblins' laboratory and taurens' wisdom lodge somewhere else, frontline is not the best place for them. And perhaps something like 50 more starting lumber would also fit.
I'd also suggest to increase interval between enemy attacks, but that might not be necessary after fixing AI's behaviour.

Honestly, I just gave up on completing chapter 12 without cheats. I completed chapter 6 fairly despite all advantages that silithids had, because at least there it was all me, all rights and wrongs were my responsibility and everything depended on my skill. And another very important thing - I could focus on one place, put a heavy defense at some choke point and separate attacking and defending in time.
But it's a whole another story when I have to split my attention between 4 corners of the map, with 4 different bases each with its own economy, while AI can directly fuck up everything I do. I can find ways to battle superior enemy forces, but there's nothing I can do against AI that overrides my orders, misdirects my units, makes them suicide, wastes my mana and ruins my economy. I just physically can't control so many things constantly.

The Bastion of Twilight
36) In fight with Cho'Gall summoned units are apparently ordered to attack-move to the point where Cho'Gall stands. They should be ordered to attack player units instead.
37) I said I wouldn't be surprised if some common unit had mana burn and here I am - unsurprised and with all 4 heroes unable to cast anything. IMO Cho'Gall should have some other spell(s) instead of mana burn, like flame strike, fire breath.
38) Should also add some runes as a drop from enemies.
39) "The Twilight Queen" quest info has the same text as "Bring Down the Hammer" quest.
40) Units automaticaly try to attack Spirit of Fire since is's a hostile unit. Better make it neutral so units at least won't actively try to suicide.

1) Difficulty selection is completely bugged. It doesn't change the difficulty of current chapter, but instead changes the difficulty of the next map. And I emphasize the difference between "map" and "chapter" - some chapters here consist of main map and submap.
Another problem is that difficulty is set to easy by default. So unless you changed the difficulty in the previous map, next map is always set to easy.
So for example, to have desired difficulty in the main map of chapter 4, you have to set the difficulty in the submap of chapter 3 since it's previous map relative to the main map of chapter 4. And to have desired difficulty in the submap of chapter 4, you have to set the difficulty in the main map of chapter 4.
And all that wouldn't be that much of a problem if not for 1 thing - in order for the change to actually apply you have to finish the map, simply calling -difficulty and then qutting to menu doesn't save changes.
Also, for some reason -difficulty command doesn't work in chapter 12 so its submap is set to easy permanently.
2) Garrosh can take lvl 3 command aura at level 4. Perhaps his other spells also have wrong level requirements?
3) Gazlowe gets his skills unlearned at the start of every chapter.
4) WyvBern Roost
WC3ScrnShot_012223_152045_05.png

5) Dark Iron Mountaineer misspelled as Dark Iron Mountainner.
6) Twilight Stalker can use mana burn on Gazlowe in his mechanical form. And he gets stunned by war stomp.
Actually, what the fuck is wrong with mechanical units here? Demolisher can be affected by charm and shadow strike as well (and probably other spells, didn't test).
7) Orb of the Fallen God doesn't work on Gazlowe - he gains no health regen in mechanical form.

Chapter 4
8) Message that appears after acquiring the base, the one that describes Seer, misspells him as Druid instead. And in Wisdom Lodge he's also called Druid.
9) The dialogue about fire elementals is triggered for each base, resulting in duplicate message.
Bael'dun Keep
10) Mountain King said his dialogue only after I've already killed him. Also I'm not sure if those 2 step plates were supposed to open the gates behind MK, but gates got opened after MK's death.

Chapter 9 - part 1
11) Loading screen - misspelled as Chapter Ten - Part One.
12) In the starting cutscene General Angerforge is misspelled as General Angerforce.
13) General Angerforge gains divine shield after dropping to some hp %, and loses it after each golem is killed, but the animation persists. So killing golems too fast results in several animations happening simultaniously and overlapping.
With 4 animations active at the same time he could light up the whole Blackrock Mountain.

Chapter 11 - part 3
14) If Blademaster uses Windwalk, he just stands waiting instead of attacking.

Chapter 12
15) Cho'gall's name is misspelled here.
WC3ScrnShot_012623_232409_01.png

16) Didn't catch what exactly triggers such behaviour, but at some point while closing the gates, heroes stop just standing there - they can move, attack, use spells and they become hostile towards everyone, attacking even my own units. If such hostile hero uses Eye of Oblivion, galvanized units are also hostile. And Gazlowe (in mechanical form) becomes hostile the moment he starts closing the gate.
The Bastion of Twilight
17) Pretty sure it's "frail" and not "frayed".
WC3ScrnShot_012723_205541_01.png

18) During fight with Cho'Gall, he summons the next batch of enemies only after the previous batch is killed. Using Eye of Oblivion on the enemy corpses prevents Cho'Gall from summoning the next batch even after those galvanized units are killed, softlocking further progression.
Although it seems to only bug out while he stands near his throne doing casting animation. When I used Eye after he started moving around, new enemies were summoned just fine.
19) Sinestra summons lava spawns inside her pit, and melee units can't reach them here. Maybe not a bug, but just in case.

Finale
20) Loading screen text doesn't fit on screen.
21) You know how in some games the titles are unskippable and going so slowly, it just makes you wonder what's even the point? Well, absolutely not the case here with that text on blackscreen. First 3 paragraphs faded faster than I could read them.

Level 5
Has anyone beat Chapter 2 on Hard, is there any tactics? Because the second attack wave is brutal from all sides, and author seems ok with that.

Level 28
Huh, I remember quite a few people praising the old campaign, and believing their praises I tried it with high expectations. And then I got so disappointed I dropped it after finishing chapter 3. Perhaps I overreacted back then, but it just felt too raw, and combined with failed expectations, I just didn't feel like spending my time on it.

And here I suddenly discover that you remade it. And so I thought: "Well, why not give a try again, Legacy of Lordaeron was enjoyable despite all its own shortcomings, so maybe it won't be that bad." And so I did, this time without expecting much from it.
The verdict? It really is good. Has quite a list of issues and bugs, but I certainly enjoyed it nonetheless. Most chapters felt like original Reign of Chaos campaigns, especially chapters 8-11.

Played on version 1.1, hard difficulty, except chapters 2.submap - 4.mainmap and 12.submap, which I had to play on easy due to bugged difficulty selection. So things I say about balance related stuff might not apply for all difficulties, I guess.

1) Firebolt - tooltip should mention how much damage it does.
2) Taurens' Wyvern has no orc rider, yet its attack animation is still throwing the spear. Projectile should be changed to that of orb of poison.
3) Brave should have Berserker ability autocastable.

Chapter 1
4) Peon at Doomsday Cult's base cuts trees so fast that by the time I got there (and I'm sure I didn't waste time), he finished cutting trees inside the base and went for the trees past watch towers. So it would be better if that peon didn't cut them so fast.
5) Overseer Tregg with his guards could use an increased aggro range, so that it wouldn't be possible to pull away only part of enemies there and instead they all would attack together.

Chapter 2
6) Loading screen map shows a mark near Orgrimmar, but the chapter takes place in Desolace. I know it's really a minor thing, but perhaps you could use any WoW map instead?
7) All 3 AIs attack at the same time and the attack waves are pretty big. And they even have higher attack & defense upgrades. And fucking sorcerers casting bloodlust on everyone and their mother. Oh and don't even get me started on those fucking khans with their fucking stomp. I can deal with 1 khan, 2 even if there's not much other units, but when I have to deal with 5-6 of them, permanently stunning my whole army - no, just no. That's the bookwise definition of unfair advantage. No way to beat them fairly, without abusing the AI, and even that is pretty hard to pull. I enjoy challenge when it's fair, but this crap is NOT enjoyable in the least.
So AIs either shouldn't attack at the same time, or (and I'd like this way more) waves should be smaller but AIs still attack at the same time (though no more than 2 AIs at the same time) - this way it's more interesting when you have to defend 2 sides. And interval between attacks should be adjusted too probably. And for the love of god, less fucking khans. And also would be nice to increase cooldown on bloodlust for sorcerers, dealing with fully bloodlusted centaur base\attack wave is a pretty sharp pain in the ass.
And also AI's aggro range (or whatever's the reason for such behavior) needs fixing - I attacked purple AI, then had to retreat to defend my base, and purple just kept constantly sending his units to attack me (and I mean as soon as new units were built they just ran to my attack my base), as if I was still attacking his base. Perpetual aggro basically.
8) Might also lower the health of centaur buildings. Combined with their huge numbers and the fact that they have like 6 barracks spewing units at the same time, it's too tedious to siege their bases.
Maraudon
9) I don't like that there are extra cave entrances with units behind destroyable rocks. It's immersion breaking that I had to fight through all these centaurs at the front entrance of the cave like an idiot, while some orcs just sneaked through extra entrances. I understand that it's done for gameplay purpose, but perhaps something else could be done instead? Maybe some enemies could drop healing salve with 1 charge or something like that. Or maybe drop rune of rebirth or rune of resurrection.
10) There are a couple healing runes at the start, when you don't really need them yet, and none of them later when you actually need them. Would be better to distribute those runes evenly throughout the whole cave.

Chapter 3
11) Harpy Queen should drop rune of healing instead of rune of dispel.
Zul'Farrak
12) Well, one of the main reasons I was so disappointed with the old campaign is terrain. Just look at it - the terrain is as basic as it gets - past the entrance it's almost entirely just floor and walls. I mean, I wouldn't say that Zul'Farrak in WoW is "rich in terrain objects", but it's certainly not that empty. It doesn't feel like a city, it feels like a giant cave, not even an inhabited one. Is there really absolutely nothing to make it look better? Like, I don't know, maybe it could look good enough with at least a few buildings here? It's a city, after all.

Chapter 4
Bael'dun Keep

13) First Mountain King should drop rune of healing.
14) Rune of mana at the south leftmost section should also be replaced with rune of healing.
15) Why do all these elementals have magic immunity? Elementals and shield breakers are ~50% of all enemies here, and half of my units deal magic damage, thus half of my units don't even attack anyone.

Chapter 5
Dire Maul

16) Okay, I can somewhat accept goblins being in cages, but shredders just standing there waiting to get under player's control are absolutely out of place and immersion-breaking.
17) While not as frustratingly empty as Zul'Farrak, this submap still feels lacking. I suppose it's hard to make anything resembling the terrain in WoW due to lack of similarly looking doodads, but it feels frustrating nonetheless.

Chapter 6
18) The loading screen map shows the area near Durnholde Keep, but the chapter takes place in Silithus. Again, minor thing but some WoW map would look much better.
19) Oh my fucking god, common units with sleep? That shit is both incredibly annoying and unbalanced. And they also have curse, raise undead and faerie fire. And all that from the start. And of course both AIs again attack at (almost) the same time, and there's like what, a 2 minute time before the first attack? But that's okay, I can deal with hardships, I just need my spirit walkers so they can dispel everyhing. Oh wait, they're tauren tech tree now, and taurens don't even have anything prebuilt. Okay, I can deal with that as well, after all, there's a goldmine nearby.
Aaaaand they don't have dispel in that chapter. Actually, both taurens' and trolls' casters don't have mastery upgrade research available and respective spells. Not even greyed out icons, they're just gone, void.
What. The. Fuck. Why? I hope it's just a bug and not an intentional decision.
20) Fucking hell, Silithid Emperor apparently even has charm and animate dead. And charm even works on demolishers, which are mechanical (or are they? Shadow strike also works on them). Can't have shit in Silithus. And Silithid Warrior spawns 2 hatchlings upon death. And someone has shadow strike.
And after some waves, the attack waves include 11 lvl 5 units with 2 lvl 7 units. Those lvl 5 units are casters with stats like those of 3-4 food cost units, so I'd say those lvl 5 silithids are worth 5 food cost. And lvl 7 units are 7 food. So in total that's 11*5+2*7=69 food worth attack wave. From 1 AI, and both AIs attack at almost the same time.
And you know the good old tower wall strategy? Well, purple silithids also got crushing wave so they can very effectively demolish towers.
How is this shit balanced? At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if some common unit also had mana burn.
21) And what do I get for exploring the map? Scroll of healing, scroll of mana, potion of mana, scroll of speed. Okay, I can use the first 3, but scroll of speed? Is that a joke? I can buy it in literally all 3 lounges and it costs 50 gold, why is it here even?
22) And same perpetual aggro bug happened with purple AI here, as was with centaurs in chapter 2.

But you know what? Despite all this incredible bullshit, I still made it. With several Greymane Walls of towers that took me a whole Ashenvale worth amount of wood and hit-and-run tactic with batriders. Certified "orcish honor" moment.
As for suggestions, it's hard to say what's best to change since there are so many thing that could use fixing, but at the same time fixing all of them would probably take away the challenge. For start though, I'd suggest fixing casters and do something with sleep, remove it or increase its cooldown and mana cost.

23) Also, hostile-neutral units have no upgrades even on hard difficulty and all 3 bosses are vulnerable to air units, even a sqaud of batriders can do the job. And for wyverns it's just a piece of a cake.
I guess it's even easier to rush a squad of wyverns, "stash" some builings around the map to prevent losing due to losing all buildings, and then just have wyverns clear enemy heroes while my heroes collect the required items and just finish this god-cursed chapter ASAP.

Chapter 7
24) Oh, so now enemies have no attack & defense upgrades while my units have lvl 2 attack, defense and mastery. Really, after the overwhelming difficulty in the previous chapter, suddenly I'm fighting weaklings here?
25) Perhaps, golems might be changed to attack after, for example, 3 wrong answers, and killing them would spawn the orb. That way people who don't want to solve riddles would get the orbs through combat.
26) This part with elevating platforms SUCKS. Period. It made sense in original campaign because there was a time limit + enemies that could damage Arthas with no way to heal quickly. Both are not the case here. The only difficulty here is dealing with Warcraft's crusty pathfinding and keeping cool trying not to get annoyed by needless time wasting.
Besides, it is implemented properly here in Chapter 11, so I'd think you do see the difference.
27) Lady Medusy is all alone here in that big room, that gives the impression that there's definitely going to be something more than just her. And the first thing she does is 45 seconds invulnerability, she doesn't even use charm until her invulnerability ends. And all she does besides that is autoattacking. My disappointment is immeasurable and my expectations are ruined. That's the opposite of exciting fight. Just more pointless, annoying time wasting.

Despite these disappointing moments, that was a pretty cool chapter. I'd even say the best one in this campaign.

Chapter 8
28) Enemies have no upgrades researched and don't research them with time. And ogres can't even benefit from attack & defense upgrades.
29) Bloodaxe Legion has the same orange color as Bloodhoof Taurens. Surely there are some other colors to assign to either of them so it would be possible to distinguish them by color.

Chapter 9 - part 1
30) Dark Iron Shield Breaker - why 600 hp only instead of 800? And his damage with lvl 3 attack upgrade is less than normal shield breaker's damage with no upgrades. Also, haven't seen a single bash from him, does Dark Iron variant even have it? Felt like a complete downgrade of normal shield breaker.
If anything, he should be stronger than the normal one. At this point RPG-styled map is a child-level in terms of difficulty compared to RTS-styled map - the heroes are already very strong, the enemies are limited and can't use the advantage of AI's unlimited resource and there's no need to take care of both offense and defense as there's no base to defend. And there's even a health fountain. So there's just no reason to make enemies here weaker than they were in RTS-styled maps.
Also, this reasoning applies to all maps, not just this one.

Chapter 10 - part 2
31) Had to restart because I dropped the gemstone and walked through the portal, and portal became only after I walked through it. So I got softlocked. If gemstone is required for progression, better just make it undroppable.

Chapter 11 - part 3
32) Suddenly orcs use normal models instead of Blackrock ones? Should be Blackrock ones.

Chapter 12
33) War Mill at orc base should be closer to trees.
34) Is it intentional that allies here are controlled by a player and an AI at the same time? First time I see it being that way.
Anyway, there are some serious problems with the AI. After each enemy attack, units get back to set positions which are scattered around the base. Apparently, each such position is set near building that produces respective unit, though setting rally points doesn't solve the issue.
AI is dumb in a very suicidal way, especially taurens. Units have dogshit positioning, taurens' ranged units end up being close enough to that ogre hero to get stunned by his stomp. And they can go as far as to they enemy base, naturally dying there. And I'd guess that it's an issue with aggro range or something, but despite doing that suicidal shit, when enemies attack horde's bases, not even all units move to defend it.
And for some reason Galzowe transforms back into goblin form when at low health. Also goblin workers do some stupid shit like repairing Gazlowe while he fights or repairing buildings on the frontline, resulting in workers getting killed. And what's even worse - he moves those workers that are assigned to gold mine, so AI even fucks up my own economy.
AI even made Gazlowe sell Themios the Darkbringer when all worksers got killed! Despite having 20k+ (yes, I cheated) gold! That's just beyond outrageous!
The way they use spells is also frustrating. If I knew how it would be, I'd just omit leveling hex for Vol'Jin and War Stomp for Bane. Good thing that Gazlowe is bugged and has all his skills unlearned.
Also, why the fuck are there siege units (sapper, demolisher, batrider) preproduced and AI keeps producing them? It's up for the player to decide when (or even if) he wants to attack enemy base, and before that having siege units is counterproductive - they don't do well against heavy armor type, take food limit and could be replaced with some better units.
Quite an interesting expirience nonetheless. Might be a pretty cool mission after fixing the AI.
35) Aside from AI issues, there's also a problem with resources. Starting lumber is 250 for all 4 bases, while all except goblins have only 3 workers assigned to collect lumber. That's by far not enough to do all the things needed to oppose aggressive enemy AIs. But starting food limits are: Orcs 38/40, Trolls 42/40, Taurens 49/40, Goblins 31/40. So Trolls and Taurens need to build extra farm before producing any new units, orcs have only 2 free limit. And that stalls lumber extraction a lot. Ironically, goblins have the least preproduced units despite them needing no more workers.
So my suggestion is - give all bases 1 extra farm, remove 1 seer from taurens' starting units, add some units for goblins. And replace siege units with something appropriate for the situation. Add 1 extra tower for each base and move goblins' laboratory and taurens' wisdom lodge somewhere else, frontline is not the best place for them. And perhaps something like 50 more starting lumber would also fit.
I'd also suggest to increase interval between enemy attacks, but that might not be necessary after fixing AI's behaviour.

Honestly, I just gave up on completing chapter 12 without cheats. I completed chapter 6 fairly despite all advantages that silithids had, because at least there it was all me, all rights and wrongs were my responsibility and everything depended on my skill. And another very important thing - I could focus on one place, put a heavy defense at some choke point and separate attacking and defending in time.
But it's a whole another story when I have to split my attention between 4 corners of the map, with 4 different bases each with its own economy, while AI can directly fuck up everything I do. I can find ways to battle superior enemy forces, but there's nothing I can do against AI that overrides my orders, misdirects my units, makes them suicide, wastes my mana and ruins my economy. I just physically can't control so many things constantly.

The Bastion of Twilight
36) In fight with Cho'Gall summoned units are apparently ordered to attack-move to the point where Cho'Gall stands. They should be ordered to attack player units instead.
37) I said I wouldn't be surprised if some common unit had mana burn and here I am - unsurprised and with all 4 heroes unable to cast anything. IMO Cho'Gall should have some other spell(s) instead of mana burn, like flame strike, fire breath.
38) Should also add some runes as a drop from enemies.
39) "The Twilight Queen" quest info has the same text as "Bring Down the Hammer" quest.
40) Units automaticaly try to attack Spirit of Fire since is's a hostile unit. Better make it neutral so units at least won't actively try to suicide.

1) Difficulty selection is completely bugged. It doesn't change the difficulty of current chapter, but instead changes the difficulty of the next map. And I emphasize the difference between "map" and "chapter" - some chapters here consist of main map and submap.
Another problem is that difficulty is set to easy by default. So unless you changed the difficulty in the previous map, next map is always set to easy.
So for example, to have desired difficulty in the main map of chapter 4, you have to set the difficulty in the submap of chapter 3 since it's previous map relative to the main map of chapter 4. And to have desired difficulty in the submap of chapter 4, you have to set the difficulty in the main map of chapter 4.
And all that wouldn't be that much of a problem if not for 1 thing - in order for the change to actually apply you have to finish the map, simply calling -difficulty and then qutting to menu doesn't save changes.
Also, for some reason -difficulty command doesn't work in chapter 12 so its submap is set to easy permanently.
2) Garrosh can take lvl 3 command aura at level 4. Perhaps his other spells also have wrong level requirements?
4) WyvBern Roost
View attachment 421731
5) Dark Iron Mountaineer misspelled as Dark Iron Mountainner.
6) Twilight Stalker can use mana burn on Gazlowe in his mechanical form. And he gets stunned by war stomp.
Actually, what the fuck is wrong with mechanical units here? Demolisher can be affected by charm and shadow strike as well (and probably other spells, didn't test).
7) Orb of the Fallen God doesn't work on Gazlowe - he gains no health regen in mechanical form.

Chapter 4
8) Message that appears after acquiring the base, the one that describes Seer, misspells him as Druid instead. And in Wisdom Lodge he's also called Druid.
9) The dialogue about fire elementals is triggered for each base, resulting in duplicate message.
Bael'dun Keep
10) Mountain King said his dialogue only after I've already killed him. Also I'm not sure if those 2 step plates were supposed to open the gates behind MK, but gates got opened after MK's death.

Chapter 9 - part 1
11) Loading screen - misspelled as Chapter Ten - Part One.
12) In the starting cutscene General Angerforge is misspelled as General Angerforce.
13) General Angerforge gains divine shield after dropping to some hp %, and loses it after each golem is killed, but the animation persists. So killing golems too fast results in several animations happening simultaniously and overlapping.
With 4 animations active at the same time he could light up the whole Blackrock Mountain.

Chapter 11 - part 3
14) If Blademaster uses Windwalk, he just stands waiting instead of attacking.

Chapter 12
15) Cho'gall's name is misspelled here.
View attachment 421733
16) Didn't catch what exactly triggers such behaviour, but at some point while closing the gates, heroes stop just standing there - they can move, attack, use spells and they become hostile towards everyone, attacking even my own units. If such hostile hero uses Eye of Oblivion, galvanized units are also hostile. And Gazlowe (in mechanical form) becomes hostile the moment he starts closing the gate.
The Bastion of Twilight
17) Pretty sure it's "frail" and not "frayed".
View attachment 421735
18) During fight with Cho'Gall, he summons the next batch of enemies only after the previous batch is killed. Using Eye of Oblivion on the enemy corpses prevents Cho'Gall from summoning the next batch even after those galvanized units are killed, softlocking further progression.
Although it seems to only bug out while he stands near his throne doing casting animation. When I used Eye after he started moving around, new enemies were summoned just fine.
19) Sinestra summons lava spawns inside her pit, and melee units can't reach them here. Maybe not a bug, but just in case.

Finale
20) Loading screen text doesn't fit on screen.
21) You know how in some games the titles are unskippable and going so slowly, it just makes you wonder what's even the point? Well, absolutely not the case here with that text on blackscreen. First 3 paragraphs faded faster than I could read them.
Thanks for the in-depth review, @nv4! I'm glad you gave this campaign another chance.
I don't blame you for quitting the old campaign, I was disappointed as much as you were which is the whole reason I deleted it. Everything about this campaign feels wrong, and yet, strangly, many people seem to have enjoyed it and asked me to reupload it. So I gave it another shot and started making some improvements, and yet it's still not good enough for my taste. Honestly, I have no idea what to do with this campaign anymore. But anyway I'll try to fix what i can.

nv4

nv4

Level 8
Has anyone beat Chapter 2 on Hard, is there any tactics? Because the second attack wave is brutal from all sides, and author seems ok with that.
With all those RPG elements, people seem to forget that at its core Warcraft is a strategy game. Centaurs' bases are irrelevant to your objective here, so the easiest way to win is to accumulate units and resources, and then just rush to the cave, ditching your own base, only leaving a couple peons to build something somewhere so you don't lose due to all buildings being destroyed.
So basically you start with killing centaurs at the bottom right corner for resource bundles and xp. After the first attack you just accumulate resources and units, waiting for the second attack. When second attack commences, run past the blue AI's base to the cave, while using a couple units to lure away enemies at the blue base to make safe passage for the rest of your units. "Hide" your workers around the map where they can build something to prevent losing. Well, that's pretty much it, I had 49 food worth of units before second attack, fucked up a lot and still managed to win relatively effortlessly.
WC3ScrnShot_020323_224658_01.png WC3ScrnShot_020323_225030_02.png WC3ScrnShot_020323_225040_03.png
Also, might want to wait for the corpses around to fully decay before fighting Maraudos so that he doesn't resurrect everyone. But even then it's not that much of an issue, as I made this mistake and still won, as you can see here.

If that's not a strategy for you, there's also a possible way to destroy all bases. Again, accumulate units and resources until second attack, might also complete secondary quest for that sweet infernal. Then just destroy any 1 of enemy bases, ditching your own, except this time you're going to rebuild in place of destroyed enemy base. Repeat until you're victorious. Although destroying enemy bases isn't easy, so you might consider offensive placement of watch towers, using a bunch of catapults, abusing AI aggro.
But overall, it's way harder to win that way than via "cave rush".

Level 5
With all those RPG elements, people seem to forget that at its core Warcraft is a strategy game. Centaurs' bases are irrelevant to your objective here, so the easiest way to win is to accumulate units and resources, and then just rush to the cave, ditching your own base, only leaving a couple peons to build something somewhere so you don't lose due to all buildings being destroyed.
So basically you start with killing centaurs at the bottom right corner for resource bundles and xp. After the first attack you just accumulate resources and units, waiting for the second attack. When second attack commences, run past the blue AI's base to the cave, while using a couple units to lure away enemies at the blue base to make safe passage for the rest of your units. "Hide" your workers around the map where they can build something to prevent losing. Well, that's pretty much it, I had 49 food worth of units before second attack, fucked up a lot and still managed to win relatively effortlessly.
View attachment 423549 View attachment 423550 View attachment 423551
Also, might want to wait for the corpses around to fully decay before fighting Maraudos so that he doesn't resurrect everyone. But even then it's not that much of an issue, as I made this mistake and still won, as you can see here.

If that's not a strategy for you, there's also a possible way to destroy all bases. Again, accumulate units and resources until second attack, might also complete secondary quest for that sweet infernal. Then just destroy any 1 of enemy bases, ditching your own, except this time you're going to rebuild in place of destroyed enemy base. Repeat until you're victorious. Although destroying enemy bases isn't easy, so you might consider offensive placement of watch towers, using a bunch of catapults, abusing AI aggro.
But overall, it's way harder to win that way than via "cave rush".
Yeah, I already beat it on easy, cuz doing it intentional way is harder on hard, lol.
Your first suggestion seems good.

Level 28
Version 1.2:
  • Fireball tootip now shows how much damage it does.
  • Changed the Tauren Wyvern's projectile missile.
  • Renamed the Brave's Berzerker to Enrage and made it autocastable.
  • The Peons in Chapter 1 no longer cut trees fast.
  • Overseer Tregg and his guards now attack together.
  • Removed Bloodlust from Centaur Sorcerers.
  • Removed Endurance Aura, War Stomp, and Reincarnation from Centaur Khan.
  • The AI now longer attack at the same time.
  • Maraudon - Replaced the rock chunks with cages.
  • Removed Spell Immunity from elementals.
  • Removed Charm from Silithid Queen.
  • Removed Sleep from Silithid.
  • Removed Shockwave from Silithid Lord.
  • Removed Silence from Silithid Seer.
  • Removed Animate Dead from Silithid Emperor.
  • Removed flying units in Chapter 6.
  • Added upgrades to ogres in Chapter 8.
  • Changed Bloodaxe Legion color to Brown.
  • Gemstones in Chapter 10 are now undroppable.
  • Changed orc units models to blackrock units in Chapter 11.
  • Fixed the player AI in Chapter 12.
  • Removed Mana Burn and Sleep from Cho'gall.
  • Cho'gall's minions now drop rune of healing.
  • Fixed Sinestra quest description.
  • Changed the owner of spirit of fire to neutral passive.
  • Fixed Garrosh's Command Aura level requirement.
  • Fixed Toradin Greybeard's dialogue.
  • Fixed Eye of Oblivion that prevents Cho'gall from sending the next attack batch.
  • Heroes are no longer hostile when closing the gates in Chapter 12.

Changing the difficulty mid-game affects only the AI bahavior. For example if you switch from Hard to Easy, the AI will send small attack waves instead of big ones. However, the handicap, upgrades and abilities will remain the same.
This was intentional. Gazlowe's Enginerring upgrade is bugged, it disables all his abilties when he is restored in the next chapter. This is a workaround I made to solve the issue.

Level 26
I can't complete chapter 12, because it's just too many things are wrong with this map on my side.
Here is the map from 1.0 state of the campaign: @johnmax video about it, thank you for that johnmax.

Here is my side of the map:

I can fully control, train units, upgrade buildings & units only in Garrosh camp.

I can't train units, build structures, use non-hero units abilites, upgrade buildings and units in the camps of Trolls, Tauerens, and Goblins.
Here is a pic:
SoTH Pic.png

I'm just the only one who have this issue with the latest version of the campaign, or other people has it too? I use WC3 1.29.2

No reload from previous saves can fix this, or restarting this map can't fix anything with that. The map basically broken.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello, I am having trouble with Chapter 3 as no matter what I do I can't seem to find the Ancient Tablet, I've searched the Map 3 times now. Can anyone help me?

Level 28
- Fixed chapter 12. You can now train and build units from your ally bases.

If you want to continue your progress in the campaign, do the following:

• Open Chapter 1:
  • Skip the intro cinematic.
  • Type "-load campaign" without the quotes in the chat.
  • Quit Chapter 1.
  • Go back to the campaign menu

Now you should see all the chapters and interlude buttons on the screen

Level 26
- Fixed chapter 12. You can now train and build units from your ally bases.

If you want to continue your progress in the campaign, do the following:

• Open Chapter 1:
  • Skip the intro cinematic.
  • Type "-load campaign" without the quotes in the chat.
  • Quit Chapter 1.
  • Go back to the campaign menu

Now you should see all the chapters and interlude buttons on the screen
Thank you very much for the fix, but it's like always: I need to replay the whole campaign again to reach that point, where I left, and even with commands of yours, I can reach the destined chapter with it, but can't get the items and stats from the missions previous of that.

Level 28
Thank you very much for the fix, but it's like always: I need to replay the whole campaign again to reach that point, where I left, and even with commands of yours, I can reach the destined chapter with it, but can't get the items and stats from the missions previous of that.
Hm? That's odd. I still had my items from the previous missions. Did you delete the game cache?

Level 26
Hm? That's odd. I still had my items from the previous missions. Did you delete the game cache?
Oh I didn't test it, sorry. I come back with my results. My save files from previous version of the campaign says it can't be loaded. But if you saying, that there is no issue what so ever with items and stats, than I happy to try.
Update: Just as you writed up there, everything is fine. Thank you very much!

Level 26
I'm risking double posting here. So:
- Chapter 12 bugs
Heroes can sell their items automatically, if there is a Market/Vodoo Lounge/Armory. Yes, they sell the legendary and other type of items. (Probably not a bug, but the AI is sabotaging the player.
Troll and Tauren units cannot be upgraded furthermore than level one armor and weapons (Steel weapons and armor, nothing more). Goblin and Garrosh camp is OK.
Troll camp: some units cannot be train, the option is here, and if the player fulfill the requirement to be able to train them: no luck. Because I have a stronghold, and I can't train some Tier 2-Troll units, and if I have a fortress I can't train and upgrade tier 2-3 units.

Last edited:
Level 27
I've just finished your campaign, so I'll drop a review right here, mostly focusing on gameplay and a bit about character.

- Chapter 1:
  • Garrosh was introduced as quite a chill dude when talking to Thrall, and other Orcs seem to also approve of him being the new Warchief. Sure hope he wouldn't turn out to be a bloodthirsty warmonger later.
  • The Teal player was called Doomsday Cult right from the get-go, which was pretty sus, so I attacked them before they could attack me. After I destroyed a Watch Tower, they start treating Garrosh & Co. as enemies, while Garrosh still treats them as Neutral.
  • The rest of the level was straightforward, and easy to full clear on Hard.

- Chapter 2:
  • The first macro mission, with the new unit Warlocks and Spearthrowers. I took my time trying to build up stuff, figuring out there's any more change to the techtree, scouting the map, etc... and then the first attack wave hits. And then the second wave. Then the third wave. Then fourth then filth. Then they start to attack together. And I lost.
  • If they're unbearable in the late game, all I need to do is to attack early... Nope. Each base has a pre-placed Hero, an Altar (Centaur Haven), five Barracks, alongside 2/2 Impalers as guards. Good luck breaking through that with basic infantry with 1/1 upgrades.
  • Needless to say, this is a bit unfair.
  • Tons of restarts later. I finally figured out that since they have no Worker, each building loss is permanent. So I assembled a band of Raiders to do hit-and-run tactics on the Purple base, taking away each Centaur Tent with each attack, while Garrosh and the rest defends the base. When Purple no longer had any supply, I sent everyone to kill the remaining defenders (and the Haven, because the Khan hero doesn't cost supply), and established the new base there with the saved-up resources. The old base was used as bait for the attack waves while the new one was being built up.
  • Now undisturbed, I trained an army to wipe out the remaining Centaurs. Full clear achieved.

WC3ScrnShot_030323_120811_04.png

• When I entered the submap however, the difficulty was set to Easy, for whatever reason. I tried setting it back to Hard, but the handicap was still there so I ignored it for the time being. SURELY, it wouldn't become an annoying, recurring problem later, right?
  • The side quest was named Kolkar Khan instead of Burning Blade. Also, everytime Garrosh exited the submap and reentered it, the quest would be duplicated like this:

WC3ScrnShot_030323_154749_07.png

- Chapter 3:
  • In this level, a new protagonist is introduced, and it is Vol'jin the Turtle Riders. Because of them, this seemingly nightmarish level turned mediocre. I know they're vanilla Dragon Turtles, but let's analyze it for a moment:
  • Enemies send big attack wave: Devour half of them, and finish off the rest.
  • Enemies try to stop them with melee attack: Nope. Spiked Shell.
  • Enemies try to stop them with ranged attack: Nope. Hardened Skin.
  • Enemies try to stop them with Spells? Nope. 750 HP.
  • Low single target damage: Nope. It benefits from upgrades. And it can destroy factories super fast.
  • And the list goes on. But let's talk about something else.
  • Vol'jin got some really good item, even in the first section, especially the Ancient Tablet. Slow Poison from those Hatchlings are insane for dealing with spell immune units.
  • When I entered the submap however, the difficulty was also set to Easy. Again, I tried, and failed, to identify and fix the issue.

- Chapter 4:
  • Similar to Chapter 2, but the Tauren had more toys, so no hit-and-run was needed. A frontal assault was mounted on the southern Dwarven base, which granted me access to Zeppelins to easily destroy the rest.
  • When I entered the submap however, the difficulty was...not set to Easy?
  • Although, there's something much, much more horrible. Shieldbreakers. Spell Immunity, 5 base armor, 800 base HP and Bash? I couldn't Entangle or Stun them, so I had to literally wait for my units to regenerate, before moving on.
  • And as if that was not painful enough, I rescued a bunch of units that basically doubled my army size...after all of the strong enemies had been cleared. The next section was super easy, but was still riddled with Runes that would have been greatly beneficial in the first tedious section.
  • Also, Baine was called "Cairne" in this one dialogue.

WC3ScrnShot_030523_110719_02.png

- Another issue is that Enrage is not on autocast. But then again, does it really need to be an autocast ability? It's a damage boost with 0s cooldown, so why not give the Brave something based on Command Aura instead?

- Chapter 5:
  • Gunners with AoE damage is OP af. And I have a feeling that Turrets shoot faster than Watch Towers, so I like it. The easier full clear so far.
  • ...and then I discovered the side quest that required an Ogre Magi. I had to restart the level and did everything again, simply because no additional Magi spawned. At least Zorbin is worth it.
  • The way you deal with Engineering Upgrade, despite not elegant, was a step forward compared to other campaigns I've played, which usually forget about the bug altogether.
  • When I entered the submap, I...forgot to check the difficulty. I was having too much fun shooting stuff with the Gunners to notice. I even snatched a dope Cloak of Flames behind the treeline for Zorbin, and used Pocket Factories to lure some Ogres into the spike trap... Quite a fun experience.
  • (I found out about New Game Plus while writing this, and the Engineering Upgrade thingy happened to my LV10 Gazlowe.)

- Chapter 6:
  • Also a chapter where the enemies came in large groups.
  • With the power of three Heroes and three techtrees, I was fully prepared. Defenders for AoE damage, Kodo Beasts for damage boost, and Witch Doctors for healing completely decimated the enemy bases.
  • In actuality, none of that happened. The Trolls and Taurens have many ability upgrades unavailable (except Axethrowers' Ensnare), meaning no Pulverize, no Adept Training, no Enrage, no a lot of things. The ones that were available, however, require not a Fortress, but the SPECIFIC Fortress of that Techtree, or a specific War Mill, which require a lot of resources that can't be afforded early game. If only there's a unit from the Troll techtree that only requires a Barracks and a Stronghold, is tanky, can deal a lot of siege damage, can Devour, and can benefit from weapon upgrades.
  • tl;dr Turtle spam = win.

- Chapter 7:
  • Micro mission with tons of good loot, like Scepter of Healing and Blink Dagger. There's not much to say here except that it's fun to explore around, although I don't know how to get the Crown of Kings +5 behind the door. (pls tell me how to get it).
  • Elevator sucks. I always hate it.
  • The puzzles and riddles are a bit unimmersive. A statue in an ancient ruins wants me to know a word in the English language with three pairs of consecutive letters? For what reasons? And why are there like a hundred chickens inside a cage, and why do I have to click on them?
  • Also, a rare bug occurred when I clicked the Rubic Tiles puzzle a bit too fast. It made one of the tile stop moving altogether, no matter what I did, unless I reload a save.

- Chapter 8:
  • The gang was assembled, but the difficulty was f'd up again. I fixed and failed and bla bla bla I gave up. I just played on Easy from there on because too lazy to restart, but I still used -difficulty to set it back to Hard, in case it carried my option to the next level.
  • And Zorbin abandoned the struggle. He took the Cloak of Flames with him too. And the Talisman of Evasion. Damn.
  • Blackrock Raiders have light armor, which turned them from into a laughing stock because of how easy they died to Piercing attacks.
  • Not a single good loot here. Sad.

- Chapter 9:
  • Difficulty: Easy. I hate seeing those words in those particular orders.
  • The big Fire Elemental is called "Fire Revenant".
  • General Angerforge's golems, upon coming to life, just slid into action instead of walking, which was funny af.
  • Also, the Divine Shield special effects weren't remove after each phase, so four of them just stack on top of each other.

- Chapter 10:
  • ysaE: ytluciffiD. I'm losing my mind to this stupid bug.
  • To open the way gate, I needd to pick up an undroppable Enchanted Gemstone, which forced me to drop a valuable Medallion of Courage. Surely, the Way Gate on the other side would be activated later, so that I could go back and picked the item up and go to the remaining unexplored section of the map to pick up the Gold Coin that I missed, right?
  • Right?
  • Sadly, nothing happened. Instead of activating, the useless gate stood as a testament of mockery and inadequacy, laughing at my suffering.
  • OhgodGazlowealsohadtodothesamethingsonowIlosttwoitemsinsteadofone.
  • The rest of the chapter was an easy clear. Thank god there were other good loot to make up for the losses.

- Chapter 11:
  • A race against time (in Easy difficulty, why), but thankfully, I already knew the drill.
  • Hit and run, hit and run, spam skills, pick up loots, until finally, the Boss section.
  • No, I'm not talking about Nefarian. I'm talking about the fucking Elevators and Fire Traps. Literally Scourge Campaign PTSD. If it weren't for Blink Dagger, I would be dead irl.

- Chapter 12:
  • Look, it's supposed to be the near-climax, but holy Tauren, it's an absolute horror. I'm not go into details, because it will involve a lot of expletives, but I'm going to say this one single thing: Please, change the allied bases from Computer to Neutral.
  • And the upgrades of Tauren/Troll are capped at 1/1 because of the SPECIFIC Stronghold/Fortress shenanigan (which also make Batriders and Liquid Fire unavailable). Please use Dependency Equivalent, or Any Tier 1/2/3 Hall.. I tried using the 'synergy' cheat to temporarily fix it...only to find out that the Trolls are now capped at 2/2 instead of 3/3.
  • Robo-Goblin Gazlowe was AI-controlled when he was closing the portal instead of standing still. Garrosh could use Charge to close the portal at a slightly safer spot.
  • The mobs are even weaker than in Chapter 2. It's not that they don't have upgrades, but they also don't benefit from them. And why do they have Tauren Totems?
  • Also, Scrolls of Town Portals and Mini Great Halls exist, so I might as well have some fun.

WC3ScrnShot_030623_202656_04.png

- Chapter 12B:
  • Lots of enemies throughout the campaign gathered for the final showdown. Except that, in my opinion, it's not as good as Chapter 7, and the mini-bosses are only okay at most.
  • Let's talk about the difficulty curve. At first, it was trash mobs, then stronger mobs, then Spell Immune bosses. Surely Cho'gall must be super strong right?
  • Once again, I'm baffled. He sent TWELVE attack waves of the same units over and over again at me, and when they're finally done, Cho'gall only uses his boring Dark Portals/Rain of Chaos, while Vol'jin just Hexed him to dead. I'm not a fan of Spell Immunity, but why is he not Spell Immune, but almost all of the other bosses are?
  • And boom. Abrupt end. No victory speech.

- Ending:
  • There's no growing hostility shown between Vol'jin and Garrosh throughout the campaign, so them insulting each other seem to be quite out of place for someone who didn't know about WoW lore.
  • Gazlowe, one of the Heroes who slayed Cho'gall, didn't even appear or spoke his mind. No Zorbin either.
  • It was like salt in my wound when it said "Come back after Hard difficulty." I clearly tried to, but bullshit circumstances didn't let me. Fuck Easy difficulty.

Overall:

Pros:
  • Creativity shown through diverse mission designs and item placements.
  • Submaps, by themselves, deserve praise because of the effort put into making them work.
  • No unacceptably game-breaking bugs.

Cons:
  • The existence of Easy difficulty.
  • Lack of custom playable units and heroes' abilities.
  • Imbalanced difficulty curve.
  • Minor bugs.

For those reasons, I will give a 4/5. Despite me complaining a lot, I still had fun playing it, and there's a lot of things I've learned to implement into my own maps in the future as well.

Level 9
How are you guys checking the difficulty?
I change the difficulty of every mission to hard? But I don't know if it actually changes the difficulty. I just assume it does.

Level 9
Shadow of the Twilight Hammer

Played on Hard(?). Used iseedeadpeople. Played on 1.31.1. Spoilers Included

Mission 1:

Short mission. When you get to the end where the mage is and you see the two headed ogre the first time. If your ranged units are close enough when the cutscene plays they kill the mage. Completing the mission.

Mission 2:

This one was pretty fun. but isn't the map a bit empty? Killed everyone at the map but could only do it with Tower Spam. There isn't a ton of variety with Units. The difficulty was pretty hard but I find it funny how everyone else is complaining about the difficulty of this mission. Shamans are completely useless outside of bloodlust. Warlocks were far more useful.

Mission 2A:

You should give some of the units backpacks. Carrying Healing items would help instead of going back everytime. One of the empty crates drops an Ironwood branch. but the Merchant Store sold Circlet of Nobility. Don't really see the point. Firebolt of the Warlock Hotkey is F instead of Q.

Mission 3:

Dat woman?... You sure? Nevermind Zoomed in. She has boobs. Hydralisk is reachable but not rescuable.

Mission 3A:

Something wrong with the rain of fury. Does like 150 damage per rain. Pretty difficult mission as well. But considering its difficulty I wonder if I did actually do the 2A on hard mode.

Mission 4:

High Upkeep affects selling items and creep gold. You should make the Dwarven Shipyard Neutral units in comparison to enemy invulnerable enemy units. Fantagraphics

Mission 4A:

We Don't see the character portraits at the bottom anymore after the cinematic that results in the mountaineer dying. Man that Flame Breath took me by surprise legit only was able to kill the final boss with less than a 100 health left and all my units dead.

Mission 5:

No Repairing Animation. I was a bit curious on how to handle this. I remember feeling incredibly clever with the previous way. By mass producing Gyrocopters. And using them to destroy the enemy peons and what not. Here it seemed more straightforward. Ish. Too bad I can't create my own Ogre Army. Very Easy. Probably didn't activate Hard Mode.

Mission 5A

EAZY

Mission 6:

Tech Tree oddity. Also Loaded a Save and somebody dropped a wirt's leg? Not really sure what thats about. after destroying these two bases easily enough tbh. Had No issue with the difficulty. Honestly I thought it was a little too easy. Was able to casually make everything. Including individual Fortresses.

Mission 7:

Rubik's cube mission was very difficult. Riddles are Caps and Space sensitive. Honestly? I dropped a buncha good items here. I felt less inclined to drop orbs as my Hero's will lose there ability to attack Air.

Mission 8:

Ah. I remember this mission. 3 gigantic armies... Too bad we don't have that here. Baine isn't revived after being killed in battle. They make other units but not revive Baine. I recall my main issue being a lack of trees as a resource. Something that I retain as a problem in this mission

Mission 9:

EAZY. Also a lack of items no?

Mission 10:

Gazlowe dropped an item in the opening Cinematic? Using iseedeadpeople its a Belt of Giant Strength. Is it because I didn't pick it up in the previous mission. in Mission 8 I wish we could actually control the heroes that way to swap around the items tbh. I found 6 gold coins

Mission 11:

honestly with so many items dropped I wish we had more heroes to pick up all these amazing loot.

Mission 12:

I've never met more brain dead Allies in my life. They sold there own items.... They repeatedly hurry up to the gold Despite overencumbering. I don't understand what kind of AI your using man but like... These guys are breaking my heart with the crap there doing. Baine sold all his items.... Why would he do this? To hurt me?

Also this level is just completely broken. Unlike everyone else who only made a puny air military's I had in my ensemble a total of a monstrous 64 Heroes at my disposal. majority of them being level 6 and a good chunk of them being level 10. I will say if the auto AI wasn't activated I probably wouldn't be able to save them. So this is the cost of Baine selling his items.

Honestly this was a ton of fun. If anything I wish the enemies kept throwing stuff at me so I can keep doing this shit.

Mission 12B:

More than half the items gone the heroes become only mildly powerful as before. Defenders cost no food. infact outside of the Troll race in the barracks nobody cost food. Weird? Alchemist doesn't have all her upgrades. Only Frenzy. Frenzy does in fact not stack with Bloodlust

Finale:

• Garrosh's descent into bloodthirsty seems a bit last minute. We didn't see him defy orders or do slowly descent into madness like arthas.
  • Come back after you beat Hard Difficulty. pretty much confirms it that I didn't play it in hard mode. At least for some of the campaign
  • Overall I really enjoyed the campaign. The story was a bit more straightforward than the previous time but this allowed for a more fluid story telling.
  • I'm a bit conflicted on this campaign. I feel like partly the reason I was able to beat it is because I already knew the tricks of this game. If I played this the first it wouldn't be the first time. I really liked the previous campaign because it pushed me to the absolute limit. It was crazy. Overall I guess my only real contention is that I wish we had 1 more hero or literally a backpack. Some of these items are pretty good. Dropping them breaks my heart.
  • Outside of the Odd allies AI working against me at time. Some bugs here and there (not that they weren't fun) I'd give this a 4/5

Level 13
Nefarian's level timer and the fight with Cho'Gal spoiled my enjoyment so far of the game. Well done. Good job. Thanks for sharing.

What I wouldn't recommend is to restart saved game files many times, especially during the battle with Cho'Gal, so that in the end it doesn't turn out that he is permanently Invulnerable and doesn't call any units. But it could also be due to something else.

The gap between the bars on this door is very wide and some units were able to pass between them.

Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.07.21 - 21.00.15.78.png ..... just kidding - they just bypassed her. Warcraft III Screenshot 2023.07.22 - 19.31.04.36.png

1. You measure my life in hours... - Candle
2...but no cities...but no trees...but no fish - Map
3. I speak without a mouth... - Echo
4. I have keys but no locks... - Keyboard
5. What disappears as soon as you say its name? - Silence
6. I come from a mine and get... - Pencil
7. What English word has three... - Bookkeeper
8. What belongs to you but... - Name
9. First you eat me then... - Fishhook
10. Which word in the dictionary is always... - Incorrectly

Wc3 game options always shows Game Difficulty - Easy no matter what difficulty you choose.

Another good news is that if you get tired of thrashing Cho'Gal's units or the fight breaks(bug) down the cheat code AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs works. For now. Played on 1.30 (game v.1.2b)

Level 1
Shadow of the Twilight Hammer

Played on Hard(?). Used iseedeadpeople. Played on 1.31.1. Spoilers Included

Mission 1:

Short mission. When you get to the end where the mage is and you see the two headed ogre the first time. If your ranged units are close enough when the cutscene plays they kill the mage. Completing the mission.

Mission 2:

This one was pretty fun. but isn't the map a bit empty? Killed everyone at the map but could only do it with Tower Spam. There isn't a ton of variety with Units. The difficulty was pretty hard but I find it funny how everyone else is complaining about the difficulty of this mission. Shamans are completely useless outside of bloodlust. Warlocks were far more useful.

Mission 2A:

You should give some of the units backpacks. Carrying Healing items would help instead of going back everytime. One of the empty crates drops an Ironwood branch. but the Merchant Store sold Circlet of Nobility. Don't really see the point. Firebolt of the Warlock Hotkey is F instead of Q.

Mission 3:

Dat woman?... You sure? Nevermind Zoomed in. She has boobs. Hydralisk is reachable but not rescuable.

Mission 3A:

Something wrong with the rain of fury. Does like 150 damage per rain. Pretty difficult mission as well. But considering its difficulty I wonder if I did actually do the 2A on hard mode.

Mission 4:

High Upkeep affects selling items and creep gold. You should make the Dwarven Shipyard Neutral units in comparison to enemy invulnerable enemy units. Fantagraphics

Mission 4A:

We Don't see the character portraits at the bottom anymore after the cinematic that results in the mountaineer dying. Man that Flame Breath took me by surprise legit only was able to kill the final boss with less than a 100 health left and all my units dead.

Mission 5:

No Repairing Animation. I was a bit curious on how to handle this. I remember feeling incredibly clever with the previous way. By mass producing Gyrocopters. And using them to destroy the enemy peons and what not. Here it seemed more straightforward. Ish. Too bad I can't create my own Ogre Army. Very Easy. Probably didn't activate Hard Mode.

Mission 5A

EAZY

Mission 6:

Tech Tree oddity. Also Loaded a Save and somebody dropped a wirt's leg? Not really sure what thats about. after destroying these two bases easily enough tbh. Had No issue with the difficulty. Honestly I thought it was a little too easy. Was able to casually make everything. Including individual Fortresses.

Mission 7:

Rubik's cube mission was very difficult. Riddles are Caps and Space sensitive. Honestly? I dropped a buncha good items here. I felt less inclined to drop orbs as my Hero's will lose there ability to attack Air.

Mission 8:

Ah. I remember this mission. 3 gigantic armies... Too bad we don't have that here. Baine isn't revived after being killed in battle. They make other units but not revive Baine. I recall my main issue being a lack of trees as a resource. Something that I retain as a problem in this mission

Mission 9:

EAZY. Also a lack of items no?

Mission 10:

Gazlowe dropped an item in the opening Cinematic? Using iseedeadpeople its a Belt of Giant Strength. Is it because I didn't pick it up in the previous mission. in Mission 8 I wish we could actually control the heroes that way to swap around the items tbh. I found 6 gold coins

Mission 11:

honestly with so many items dropped I wish we had more heroes to pick up all these amazing loot.

Mission 12:

I've never met more brain dead Allies in my life. They sold there own items.... They repeatedly hurry up to the gold Despite overencumbering. I don't understand what kind of AI your using man but like... These guys are breaking my heart with the crap there doing. Baine sold all his items.... Why would he do this? To hurt me?

Also this level is just completely broken. Unlike everyone else who only made a puny air military's I had in my ensemble a total of a monstrous 64 Heroes at my disposal. majority of them being level 6 and a good chunk of them being level 10. I will say if the auto AI wasn't activated I probably wouldn't be able to save them. So this is the cost of Baine selling his items.

Honestly this was a ton of fun. If anything I wish the enemies kept throwing stuff at me so I can keep doing this shit.

Mission 12B:

More than half the items gone the heroes become only mildly powerful as before. Defenders cost no food. infact outside of the Troll race in the barracks nobody cost food. Weird? Alchemist doesn't have all her upgrades. Only Frenzy. Frenzy does in fact not stack with Bloodlust

Finale:

• Garrosh's descent into bloodthirsty seems a bit last minute. We didn't see him defy orders or do slowly descent into madness like arthas.
  • Come back after you beat Hard Difficulty. pretty much confirms it that I didn't play it in hard mode. At least for some of the campaign
  • Overall I really enjoyed the campaign. The story was a bit more straightforward than the previous time but this allowed for a more fluid story telling.
  • I'm a bit conflicted on this campaign. I feel like partly the reason I was able to beat it is because I already knew the tricks of this game. If I played this the first it wouldn't be the first time. I really liked the previous campaign because it pushed me to the absolute limit. It was crazy. Overall I guess my only real contention is that I wish we had 1 more hero or literally a backpack. Some of these items are pretty good. Dropping them breaks my heart.
  • Outside of the Odd allies AI working against me at time. Some bugs here and there (not that they weren't fun) I'd give this a 4/5
can you help me solve the rubik cube puzzle

Level 28
v1.3 - 16/08/2023
  • Fixed the Difficulty.
  • Added two difficulties: Insane and Nightmare*
* Insane and Nightmare difficulty can be unlocked after beating the campaign on Hard mode. These two difficuties uses the same AI difficulty as Hard but with extra things:

Insane = No Upgrades.
Nightmare = No Upgrades + No Inventory.

Warning: Using the god mode cheat on Insane or Nightmare mode will result in a defeat.

Level 9
Ok So immediatly I have a problem.

Garrosh is Level 10. and has the items I previously saved from the previous time i played the game? Is this supposed to be Normal. I don't think it is

EDIT: I haven't deleted Shadow of the Twilight Hammer 1.2. That might be the reason

EDIT2: Deleting Shadow of the Twilight Hammer 1.2 does not fix the problem.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    774.5 KB · Views: 37

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69

Garrosh is Level 10. and has the items I previously saved from the previous time i played the game? Is this supposed to be Normal. I don't think it is

EDIT: I haven't deleted Shadow of the Twilight Hammer 1.2. That might be the reason

If you want to start the campaign again, either make a new game profile or delete the campaign cache. Probably the author made it so that the cache is read in each map including the first one?

Level 28

If you want to start the campaign again, either make a new game profile or delete the campaign cache. Probably the author made it so that the cache is read in each map including the first one?
Yes, it is intentional. If you want to start a new game without the items you've obtained in your previous playthrough do what deepstrasz said.

Level 9
Shadow of the Twilight Hammer.

Difficulty: Hard

Chapter 1:

Make sure to not unlock the Fountain of Health Side mission. That way you can kill the harpies without the final boss. Then activate and then there is only 1 harpie to deal with

Chapter 2:

The easy trick here is to make a 3x3 or 4x4 watch towers on the left side of the great hall and another one on the right of the great hall. When the centaurs attack just do a bit of micro. Have a 12 Raiders. And use them to snipe the buildings. I destroyed 2 centaur bases and had made another 4x4 near the entrance of the blue centaur base After them snipe the blue buildings and just relax.

Chapter 2A:

There is an Ironwood branch and a Bracer of Agility, but you can buy a Circlet of Nobility.

Chapter 3:

The orange bases stops attacking properly after a while. Doesn't even have any units to defend. I sent 50 workers to attack and they won.
The workers won.

You can save the Hydralisk using a Scroll of Town Portal.

Chapter 3A:

Dragon Turtles seemed to aggro from much further than every other unit?

Game is Glitched after you beat the Hydromancer. the mission doesn't end.

Used Allyourbasearebelongtous

Chapter 4:

i made a wall of watch towers after cutting down the trees. And then left my computer on and went to the dentist.
got 30k gold and 90k Trees. use the Speed, Potion of Healing and Scroll of Town portal to quickly get a Goblin Shredder Early in the game. Be careful not to get firebolted and stunned by the enemies magic users.

Chapter 4A:

Lost my Save. So I used Who's your Daddy cheat. (Though the black portrait thing happened again)

Chapter 5

Probably the weakest macro mission.

Chapter 5A:

I cheated. Was too burnt out...

Chapter 6:

This mission was pretty easy. Seems like the upgrades are fixed.

Chapter 7:

Long exploration mission. I did actually enjoy this one.

Chapter 8:

This mission was pretty difficult. There is a general way you should fight way.
  • In front of your base there is a ramp that goes lower, and there is a ramp that goes to the enemies base. Just before this there is a bunch of trees, Build a war mill underneath and cut this down. You shouldn't destroy them as Trees are actually pretty low in quality. You will need these trees.
  • On the left side of these trees build towers.
  • Expand to the left and right Gold Mine.
  • If Garrosh didn't have an Orb he's going to need one now. If possible make sure to Give Baine an Orb too. though I don't know if you actually can.
  • Once the trees are cut down you should build some towers on where they cut down the trees. This is to intercept the rights attacks.
  • Baine's army does not have any strong Anti-Air. he WILL be overrun unless you defend his base actively.
  • After you have enough Gold Build Wyverns and Snipe The Dragon Roost. The Dragon Roost are not rebuild. So you can snipe them and destroy there Air.
  • If you've run out of Gold I do recommend attacking the right base first as purple cannot reach the right base without going through the Watch Towers.
  • Next attack the Green base. I ran out of Gold at this point.
  • I had enough to build Great Halls however.
  • I didn't actually need to harvest gold at this point as your allies can actually overrun the Purple base.

My annoyance with this mission comes with 2 forms. One after an ally's base gets relatively destroyed they don't properly repair or restore it. They go up to 50 keep and then stop. And for whatever reason Baine does not revive. His endurance aura is insanely useful to his army and his strength is irreplaceable.

I also wish we could control all 4 bases in this mission but maybe that would make the mission too easy.

Chapter 9A:

Voljin Used his Mana Stones that I had stockpiled for him. This is Incredibly sad. I wish a trigger can be added so he doesn't use the Mana Stones that I had stockpiled for him.

Chapter 9B:

tome of Retraining replaces my Talsman of Evasion. This is a problem. I cannot pick the item back up. Unless I have the Dagger of Escape or something. Gazlowe Despite being Level 5 can really only have 3 levels of skills. Some kind of Glitch.

Chapter 9C:

man really killing with the time limit here

Chapter 10:

best mission. 40 level 10 heroes baby. My allies still sold some of there items. And they keep all of them going into the Gold Mine for some reason.

Chapter 10A:

Cool Final Boss. 2 items were randomly sold. I bought Great Hall and you can make it but it doesn't really do anything. Probably better to sell it if anything.

Final:

Did I play Guardians of Hyjal mission last time? I don't recall that.

Overall:

• Change the Berserk to Frenzy. Berserk is actually the worst fucking thing ever existed. Why is this even an ability?
  • Playing it again. I guess I'm too bored of the Micro Missions. Maybe I'll play this later on. However, I'm a bit confused. The
  • SOME ADVICE. You should give Gazlowe all the good items. You should give Garrosh the Dagger of Escape. Since Gazlowe is the only character that still has level 2 items. Later missions you team up with Gazlowe and he has still pretty weak items.

How do I do this? I can't create a new account because then I won't have Hard or Insane mode unlocked.

Level 29
How do I do this? I can't create a new account because then I won't have Hard or Insane mode unlocked.
You mean "create a new game profile"? Assuming you have pre-1.32, it's pretty straightforward. Look on the image below:
WC3ScrnShot_082123_092048_01.jpg

If you talk about deleting the campaign caches, you'll have to completely delete BOTH "Campaigns.w3v" and "Campaigns.w3p".
Those files are found in the "Users/[yourname]/Saved Games/Warcraft III/Profile" folders.
Be mindful that this will ALSO affect the vanilla campaigns' progression. If you want to continue the vanilla campaign as well, you might want to place the said files on anywhere else first.

Level 28
Please manifest whether it;'s RPT or RTS.........
RTS.
Sir @Warseeker , I see that some people are complaining about the AI.
I am willing to help as best as I can to help you improve it.
I will try to look at the scripts you've written when I can and if you are willing to, I could write some scripts for you (obviously for free).
Go ahead.
Shadow of the Twilight Hammer.

Difficulty: Hard

Chapter 1:

Make sure to not unlock the Fountain of Health Side mission. That way you can kill the harpies without the final boss. Then activate and then there is only 1 harpie to deal with

Chapter 2:

The easy trick here is to make a 3x3 or 4x4 watch towers on the left side of the great hall and another one on the right of the great hall. When the centaurs attack just do a bit of micro. Have a 12 Raiders. And use them to snipe the buildings. I destroyed 2 centaur bases and had made another 4x4 near the entrance of the blue centaur base After them snipe the blue buildings and just relax.

Chapter 2A:

There is an Ironwood branch and a Bracer of Agility, but you can buy a Circlet of Nobility.

Chapter 3:

The orange bases stops attacking properly after a while. Doesn't even have any units to defend. I sent 50 workers to attack and they won.
The workers won.

You can save the Hydralisk using a Scroll of Town Portal.

Chapter 3A:

Dragon Turtles seemed to aggro from much further than every other unit?

Game is Glitched after you beat the Hydromancer. the mission doesn't end.

Used Allyourbasearebelongtous

Chapter 4:

i made a wall of watch towers after cutting down the trees. And then left my computer on and went to the dentist.
got 30k gold and 90k Trees. use the Speed, Potion of Healing and Scroll of Town portal to quickly get a Goblin Shredder Early in the game. Be careful not to get firebolted and stunned by the enemies magic users.

Chapter 4A:

Lost my Save. So I used Who's your Daddy cheat. (Though the black portrait thing happened again)

Chapter 5

Probably the weakest macro mission.

Chapter 5A:

I cheated. Was too burnt out...

Chapter 6:

This mission was pretty easy. Seems like the upgrades are fixed.

Chapter 7:

Long exploration mission. I did actually enjoy this one.

Chapter 8:

This mission was pretty difficult. There is a general way you should fight way.
  • In front of your base there is a ramp that goes lower, and there is a ramp that goes to the enemies base. Just before this there is a bunch of trees, Build a war mill underneath and cut this down. You shouldn't destroy them as Trees are actually pretty low in quality. You will need these trees.
  • On the left side of these trees build towers.
  • Expand to the left and right Gold Mine.
  • If Garrosh didn't have an Orb he's going to need one now. If possible make sure to Give Baine an Orb too. though I don't know if you actually can.
  • Once the trees are cut down you should build some towers on where they cut down the trees. This is to intercept the rights attacks.
  • Baine's army does not have any strong Anti-Air. he WILL be overrun unless you defend his base actively.
  • After you have enough Gold Build Wyverns and Snipe The Dragon Roost. The Dragon Roost are not rebuild. So you can snipe them and destroy there Air.
  • If you've run out of Gold I do recommend attacking the right base first as purple cannot reach the right base without going through the Watch Towers.
  • Next attack the Green base. I ran out of Gold at this point.
  • I had enough to build Great Halls however.
  • I didn't actually need to harvest gold at this point as your allies can actually overrun the Purple base.

My annoyance with this mission comes with 2 forms. One after an ally's base gets relatively destroyed they don't properly repair or restore it. They go up to 50 keep and then stop. And for whatever reason Baine does not revive. His endurance aura is insanely useful to his army and his strength is irreplaceable.

I also wish we could control all 4 bases in this mission but maybe that would make the mission too easy.

Chapter 9A:

Voljin Used his Mana Stones that I had stockpiled for him. This is Incredibly sad. I wish a trigger can be added so he doesn't use the Mana Stones that I had stockpiled for him.

Chapter 9B:

tome of Retraining replaces my Talsman of Evasion. This is a problem. I cannot pick the item back up. Unless I have the Dagger of Escape or something. Gazlowe Despite being Level 5 can really only have 3 levels of skills. Some kind of Glitch.

Chapter 9C:

man really killing with the time limit here

Chapter 10:

best mission. 40 level 10 heroes baby. My allies still sold some of there items. And they keep all of them going into the Gold Mine for some reason.

Chapter 10A:

Cool Final Boss. 2 items were randomly sold. I bought Great Hall and you can make it but it doesn't really do anything. Probably better to sell it if anything.

Final:

Overall:

• Change the Berserk to Frenzy. Berserk is actually the worst fucking thing ever existed. Why is this even an ability?
  • Playing it again. I guess I'm too bored of the Micro Missions. Maybe I'll play this later on. However, I'm a bit confused. The
  • SOME ADVICE. You should give Gazlowe all the good items. You should give Garrosh the Dagger of Escape. Since Gazlowe is the only character that still has level 2 items. Later missions you team up with Gazlowe and he has still pretty weak items.

Thanks for the feedback!
Only if you play on Hard difficulty.
@Warseeker

Am I supposed to play Hard and Insane mode with Level 10 Heroes? Are these difficulties meant to be played with a New Game Plus Factor?
Yes. Insane and Nightmare can be challenging on a fresh new game without upgrades and items imo, which is why starting at max level may give you a little advantage. Although, if people are okay with it, I could make a option to choose whether you want to start a new game with or without the items you obtained in your first run.