• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.30.2 Update #3 #4 and #5 + Reforged Pre-order Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
wc3_ptr_nov_16_2018.PNG

Patch 1.30.2 PTR Update #3 #4 and #5

As the whispers of Reforged continue to sweep across Azeroth, more additions to the new hosting system have been added to the current game on the Public Testing Realm. It includes various bug fixes, a few hero and race balance changes, and more host/player commands akin to some provided by bots. This should help with both host and lobby commands along with furthering personal player control of their social experiences.

See to all the changes on the official Blizzard post here.
As always, please test the game on the PTR and provide your feedback. Thank you!

------

In addition, there was a known bug for Reforged pre-orders not including the game. Blizzard confirmed that you'll be able to get the original game as part of the Reforged pre-order on December 1, as stated here.

-----

4th PTR Update

More bug fixes for 1.30.2. Those who pre-ordered Reforged can also now play on the PTR!
PTR 1.30.2 Holiday Weekend Edition

----

5th PTR Update

More bug fixes and addressing desyncs.
PTR 1.30.2 Updated Update with Updates

Last edited:
Level 11
1200 HP down to 900, that's a huge nerf for taurens :eek: (Edit : not taurens, but tauren totem! Phew!)

Anyway, good stuff coming up, I guess these new options will calm things down for people who were worried about the end of bots :)

Reactions: pyf

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Update but nothing that would fix the problems for some sounds :/ :/ :/

Level 6
''For arranged forces, changing player color will change player slot in game list''

What do they mean with this?

Red is always #1
Blue is always #2?

Or what?

Level 3
Some commands to consider adding that could be used by all players in the game:

!ff *Forfeiting with a majority consensus for players on the same team*
!draw *Drawing the game with a majority consensus for players on the same team*
!votekick *Voting someone out of the game for possibly game ruining based on majority
consensus for all players (enemies / allies)*
!checkme *Checking current latency*

When we talk about a majority consensus for players on the same team, I would say ratio of 4 players out of 5 to pass the vote.
When we talk about a majority consensus for all players (enemies / alllies), 7 or 8 players out of 10 to pass the vote.

Level 12
Woah this is really impressive!!!! We are so damned lucky to have these guys from the classics team working on this project!!!! I remember in the early days of sc2, the community was so vocal about issues with the game and it took them like 2 expansions to finally listen to the community.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
'For arranged forces, changing player color will change player slot in game list''

Red is always #1
Blue is always #2?

Or what?

I assume that this player slot change thing is for multiplayer melee only and does not affect triggers etc?
Else changing color with the trigger editor is turning everything into a bloody mess.
Custom maps and even original campaigns would be in deep trouble.
I guess, it's for ladder only or it's related to the fixed player settings within forces? But wasn't this last one like that before?

I don't know what but something is wrong in this build, all models were working in the build before but some models(not sharing anything in common) now don't show up ingame but their portraits are working and it can't be about imported material cause well here is the wisp that uses only ingame assets:

Adsız.png

edit: interesting... I exported 'flare.blp' that 3 models shared, there is still one bug atleast but it might be from my side

edit2: Really weird game lost it's feature to read very compressed images

Last edited:
Level 10
!ff *Forfeiting with a majority consensus for players on the same team*
!draw *Drawing the game with a majority consensus for players on the same team*
!votekick *Voting someone out of the game for possibly game ruining based on majority
consensus for all players (enemies / allies)*
!checkme *Checking current latency*

The first one would be ones i will never want to see in the game. Custom maps are far too diverse to make outside existing commands enable stuff like that. Not even saying that the commands themself create defeatist attitude, which can be seen in games like LOL.

But On-Topic: I really appreciate the addition made in the update. Every step to make the people independing from outside bots that pollute lobbies is a step in the right direction.
Btw, PTR servers in EU. So now i think i will mess around with the ptr.

Level 3
Another thing that came to my mind now is the following concerning the !ban command:

1) When we use the !ban command, how does it function internally? Does the WC3 client create a list on your computer and keeps adding people to that list every time you use it?

2) Does the !ban command create a singular list attached to your CD-KEY or only to your actual username on B.NET ?
If it's attached to your CD-KEY, it means you maintain the same list whether you create 20 different accounts everyday.
Now if it's attached to your actual username, it means you will have a list for each single account you are actually using.

3) When you are in a game, is the host the only person who can use the !ban command or other people can use it as well to add people to their own lists?

4) Any possible thoughts about interconnecting/combining my banlist with someone's else banlists?

Level 16
''For arranged forces, changing player color will change player slot in game list''

Red is always #1
Blue is always #2?

Or what?

i think if you choose red color, you are moved to slot 1 in the lobby.

Level 12
Good. Funny thing is I was thinking of buying the game but I was a day too late and reforged hit - both the old games were removed from the store. I contacted support and they told me I'd get it if pre-purchased their new visual upgrade that's coming out next year. I didn't get it and I really felt scammed. I do hope they give me my warcraft 3 because the new warcraft 3 updates are all I wanted to pay for. They can keep their visual upgrade I just want my warcraft 3 with 1.30 on it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
What if I already own WC3:ROC and TFT and preorder Reforged?
You get a skin pack.
Will I get something? A discount? Some ingame item nod? I'm fine if I just get the ROC and TFT key in my mailbox, so I can give it to some friends.
It won't work because Reforged is like a blanket over the classic Warcraft III so the CD-Keys will be the same (I suppose).

Level 3
wc3_ptr_nov_16_2018.PNG

Patch 1.30.2 PTR Update #3

As the whispers of Reforged continue to sweep across Azeroth, more additions to the new hosting system have been added to the current game on the Public Testing Realm. It includes various bug fixes, a few hero and race balance changes, and more host/player commands akin to some provided by bots. This should help with both host and lobby commands along with furthering personal player control of their social experiences.

See to all the changes on the official Blizzard post here.
As always, please test the game on the PTR and provide your feedback. Thank you!

------

In addition, there was a known bug for Reforged pre-orders not including the game. Blizzard confirmed that you'll be able to get the original game as part of the Reforged pre-order on December 1, as stated here.

-----

More bug fixes for 1.30.2. Those who pre-ordered Reforged can also now play on the PTR!
PTR 1.30.2 Holiday Weekend Edition

Am I retarded or is my option to reply disabled somehow? Can't reply to the post in the link, and my PTR client starts in a small blank window with the title CD required - didn't even ask me to login with battle.net.

Level 4
I posted this a few update threads back, but here it is again:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know there's been a ton of reporting regarding sounds, I'd like to chip in on that.

I apologize in advance if this has been detailed elsewhere. I read and searched through several pages for keywords that match what I'm describing and haven't found anything specifically describing this issue.

Weather sounds are messed up. It seems that when a weather effect (rain, for example) is created, then turned on, the looping raining sound effect is instanced as a positional sound effect. It would also appear that it is created at the location of the camera view and also again when the camera enters the region containing the weather effect.

I made a quick recording that demonstrates the issue in-game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there elsewhere I should be posting this other than Blizzard's official forum? Ah, nvm. I'd do a back flip out of joy if this was acknowledged is all. I'm hoping the fix is in the pipeline.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Do like the new patch but warcraft 3 keeps crashing me when I about to play a new map or loading maps. Can someone help me how to stop that?
Also have this problem.
Edit: WE HAVE BEEN BAMBOOZLED! Join any channel and try to type something and you get sent to the void, some epic troll moment.
Edit2: Wait...this doesn't happen if you're in a channel with friends and clan members... is this even intentional?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.