• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
screen-shot-2017-07-01-at-10-44-01-pm-png.272445

Kurtalos DLC, Might or might not be for the contest depending on how fast Me and Chen can do this

Level 50
screen-shot-2017-07-01-at-10-44-01-pm-png.272445

Kurtalos DLC, Might or might not be for the contest depending on how fast Me and Chen can do this
Shit, Hayate. Sick design you've made. I just hope you'll finish this, for the contest or not.

Yeah, I'm certain that I'll deliver in time. Although, an extension won't be turned down if it comes to that.
Great, partner. Hope to see it finished soon.

Seems like most of the teams don't need an extension. A few expressed they're favorable to the extension to embrace more entries. Those who didn't express that - I presume - prefer that the deadline is respected. (correct me if I'm wrong)

We might hear from the other teams who showed WIP's to reach a final decision, but I guess the most reasonable decision for now would be not giving it (In case we have at least 3 entries at the deadline time).

Level 50
Seems like most of the teams don't need an extension. A few expressed they're favorable to the extension to embrace more entries. Those who didn't express that - I presume - prefer that the deadline is respected. (correct me if I'm wrong)

We might hear from the other teams who showed WIP's to reach a final decision, but I guess the most reasonable decision for now would be not giving it (In case we have at least 3 entries at the deadline time).
I'm always up giving some times to the others to finish their entries.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Our model is done, I'm about ~90% done with the texture (mostly some cleanup stuff and improving the colour composition) so we should hopefully be done by the deadline (which is about 49 hours from now, right?).
A few other things have jumped up in priority for me lately, though, so I certainly wouldn't complain about an extension if one happened ;)

Attachments

• Paired Contest 3 WIP1.jpg
    Paired Contest 3 WIP1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 180
Level 50
Our model is done, I'm about ~90% done with the texture (mostly some cleanup stuff and improving the colour composition) so we should hopefully be done by the deadline (which is about 49 hours from now, right?).
A few other things have jumped up in priority for me lately, though, so I certainly wouldn't complain about an extension if one happened ;)
A little too skinny for warcraft, don't you think?

Looks nice. That not showing face to provoke curiosity strategy does work well with me :p

Well, me and @4eNNightmare have been putting up something those last few weeks. I didn't show because we're really uncertain we'll be able to finish and well, it's fine if we don't. At the same time, it's a waste to not even show a WIP, so here it goes:

upload_2017-7-1_23-12-2.png

Its name is Herald of the Deep Mother. It's an overweight murloc leader who likes to give orders and dislikes walking :p We might rush it in the next few hours we have, but well, don't have pity on us in case we don't make it :p We may finish it after the contest anyways.

Looks nice. That not showing face to provoke curiosity strategy does work well with me :p

Well, me and @4eNNightmare have been putting up something those last few weeks. I didn't show because we're really uncertain we'll be able to finish and well, it's fine if we don't. At the same time, it's a waste to not even show a WIP, so here it goes:

View attachment 272478

Its name is Herald of the Deep Mother. It's an overweight murloc leader who likes to give orders and dislikes walking :p We might rush it in the next few hours we have, but well, don't have pity on us in case we don't make it :p We may finish it after the contest anyways.
Seems like we have a winner here

This thing is so awesome and unique

Level 50
Unfortunately no "DLC" included

hopefully Chen can finish the texture before the deadline, seems to have some trouble with alpha

Untextured Sword :(

I've done my part, now I can only pray that chen can finish his wonderful texture, i can't wait to see the Sword to be textured

View attachment 272644
You can always wrap the sword to in game textures, Hayate.
Also, that sword looks huge..

You can always wrap the sword to in game textures, Hayate.
Also, that sword looks huge..

Im kinda horrible when it comes to wrapping ingame texture, pretty much already gave up on doing ingame texture anymore :p

Giant sword are great init? Its even bigger than frostmourne fufufufufu
Pretty good. Maybe the animations are odd since the angle makes it so...

Are the sword's blade and fur parts alpha-eable? Not TC, I mean as transparent when you add alpha on them.

No idea

Well then! We have 5 (incredible) entries submitted in good time to the contest before the deadline. So it may be declared closed.

Now, speaking as contestants, me and 4eNNightmare didn't finish yet. :( We'll be done in a few hours. And well, we might upload it here since it was meant to be an entry :p

One question would be: we include any late entrants with a -5 penalty on score? Or we close the contest without them? You may express your opinion here, or via PM in case you prefer. (just in case it matters to anyone, anonymity preserved.)

And here go the late ones :)

Herald of the Deep Mother

Bad planning, bad luck, in the end we had to rush many things, but it's done. We were 4.5 hours late. If we enter or not, it is really up to the current contestants, the bigger fun is doing the model :) (As I suggested above, we may apply a penalty to late entrants, to keep it fair to people who did finish in time)

Level 50
And here go the late ones :)

Herald of the Deep Mother

Bad planning, bad luck, in the end we had to rush many things, but it's done. We were 4.5 hours late. If we enter or not, it is really up to the current contestants, the bigger fun is doing the model :) (As I suggested above, we may apply a penalty to late entrants, to keep it fair to people who did finish in time)
We could just say you guys made it in time. :D

Since I couldn't participate I'll happily help out with the judging, I can judge both texture and model work, although the technical specifications regarding the WC3 engine such as attachment points and what not are beyond me.
Great! If anything we have you as a texturing judge only. I PM you soon to address this :)

As it is put at the guidelines, this is a test map with every entry implemented. Reasons are: It helps voters testing models in-game instead of in any viewer; It helps storing the entries here at the thread, even if bundles fade away/are deleted/updated; It comes in specially handy now since Import is broken at official WE.

• I did my best to do justice to each of the models. You're able to alter it in the next 72 hours in case you think it's worth it, and send it back to me.
  • No SFX, no spell names, no proper names, in-game missiles, or anything like that are used, so they don't create bias. It's only the raw model with animations playable through raw abilities.
  • Scaling Value is kept 1.00. Default scale is important in some mechanical regards.

Poll is ready and should be up soon

Attachments

• PairedModelingTexturingContest#3.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.