1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Paired Mapping Contest #1

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Bob27, Jul 11, 2007.

1. 13lack.1)ragon

13lack.1)ragon

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Like to wish good luck to everybody and i have one question, where will the judgments/scores be shown and when will the public be able to vote?
    Deadline is today people :). Submit your unfinished maps! Ours was only about 85% finished (just missing trials) but its been sent!

2. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, if he cant give it to me, I cant submit it, can I?

3. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah that's true. I'm sorry if it sounded so harsh, I didn't mean to. But i suppose Bob can and will make an exception for you so that you can submit your map once your partner has sent it to you or so, I guess that would just be fair enough.

4. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont really care, I was in this for my partners sake...

I just think its sad, most people will probably give up on these maps, or finish them so closely after the deadline it would discurage them... and they are great maps

5. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Beer Beer Contest Submission!

I just uploaded BEER BEER to the download section, click here to download it if you'd like to ;). Please keep in mind that this is a well playable, yet unfinished version (as most other maps probably). For discussion on the map and also an important post on features that will soon be implemented, please visit our project development thread and read the information about the map there.
    In case you are going to play the map - have fun! :)
    I hope many other teams will be able to finish a playable version of their maps as well.

6. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like to add that Heavenbound is open to anyone who wants to add trials to it. Just give credit to me and 13lack.1)ragon :wink:

Also.. we kinda picked a bad map to work on cuz.. it gets really boring and repetative lol. At first it was rather fun but then it just got tedious to work on.

7. 13lack.1)ragon

13lack.1)ragon

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    although me and dread ran out of fresh ideas, new mapmakers might invent new trials and put some in! i'd love to see an updated version :)

8. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I assume contest deadline is over. Bob, what's the final count of entries and could you also link them all in your first post for faster access?

9. Xsilver07

Xsilver07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good luck to everyone in the contest, me and jan are very excited to see the results and play alot of the ones entered, looking forward to playing City of Drugs when we get a chance.

Also where will all the results etc be posted? If within this thread i'll just check back here, just wondering.

10. Doctor-Pepper

Doctor-Pepper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol, City Of Drugs DL link was posted long ago, it is also available (for weeks now) at the map resource section

11. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont think we will post the results in this spam-hole :). Since there is also a public poll, I think the results will be posted at that thread (which will be created later).

12. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I just want to say that I've updated the map at the downloads section to the newest version, but i still have version 0.25 (the one that was submit to the contest, uploaded yesterday night) so if you need it for judging, let me know (just so it's not unfair that by judging the newest version, we'd have had a day longer to work on the map ;))

13. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok everyone, the competition is closed now, and I am going to start searching through the thread and get a list of all the entries now.

14. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dont update your maps anymore that you have submitted to the contest.

15. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [rainbow]CONTEST CLOSED[/rainbow]
    [rainbow]No entries after this date will be accepted![/rainbow]

Ok heres the entires I have found. Theres a chance that I missed an entry, so if your entry isn't in the list, then post here in the thread, with a link to your old post with the entry.

Cardiators
    Armaggeden
    Fortress
    Heaven Bound
    Deadly Night
    City of Drugs
    Tides of Elements
    Beer Beer

And judges, you can all start judging the maps. I'll send a pm to all of you anyway though just to make sure that you are aware of these maps. And remember to use the Judging Criteria on the first page, and if you can't mark a map on a field (like a minigame on story), then just don't bother, as it doesn't really matter in the end, as all the scores get averaged.

And I will be setting up the Public Poll shortly.

16. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

CONTEST CLOSED![r]
    Entries after this date will not be accepted!

17. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol ok, made is dramatic :p

18. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The hover-text looks super-awesome, seriously dramatic :D

19. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If they notice it is [rainbow]"hover-text".[/rainbow] (If I understand what you mean)

20. Unhit

Unhit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yup i think you mean what i mean...but being on the internet for years has just caused me to hover anything that is underlined ;) sorry for being offtopic :p