• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #21 - Chess

Status
Not open for further replies.
prev.jpg

decided to knight. cos ya.

Level 22
View attachment 106312

quick model up. not uvwrapped, driver not done and weapon not done. 1600 tris without clean-up.

Damn model-making speedrun.

EDIT:
Looks like my final Entry. The aparration of the white knight itself.
Fast and tactical, also flexible and smart movement like a boss knight piece.

Attachments

• White Knight.png
    White Knight.png
    488.4 KB · Views: 808
  • Ingame.png
    Ingame.png
    908.6 KB · Views: 396
  • White Knight.rar
    37.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Level 17
Even a month before the end of the competition. During this time, you could make a more interesting concept, and improve visual disign of your models....

PS: I just don't understand why all so hurry.I for example, already thinking on a new concept, as old now does not meet my needs ....

Level 22
Even a month before the end of the competition. During this time, you could make a more interesting concept, and improve visual disign of your models....

PS: I just don't understand why all so hurry.I for example, already thinking on a new concept, as old now does not meet my needs ....
I'm busy with school from next week

we're fucked

we're doomed
I wondered why Tarrasque's avatar reminds me of my model.

-Peper-, I don't get how he is a white knight when he is a black dragon :/
It fits a white horse very much, even being a black dragon

edit: checked the model further.. it has a skull on the shoulder pad, what can pull it towards being black, but still whiteness absolutely prevail, it has shiny armor, shiny helmet, a white armored horse, and sparkles everywhere
the skull can be faced as the eccentric aspect of a dragon knight, he carries trophy of his deeds, or whatever.

Level 22
It fits a white horse very much, even being a black dragon

edit: checked the model further.. it has a skull on the shoulder pad, what can pull it towards being black, but still whiteness absolutely prevail, it has shiny armor, shiny helmet, a white armored horse, and sparkles everywhere
the skull can be faced as the eccentric aspect of a dragon knight, he carries trophy of his deeds, or whatever.
Yayz.
Yeah, you were right about the skull part. Like Predator who keeps the skull of his prey as a trophy.
Oh and the sparkle, it is meant to be a lightning (thunder horse ftw). As in swift and flexible.
One thing that ruined the model : he has wings. Why would he ride a horse?

Level 7
Yayz.
Yeah, you were right about the skull part. Like Predator who keeps the skull of his prey as a trophy.
Oh and the sparkle, it is meant to be a lightning (thunder horse ftw). As in swift and flexible.
One thing that ruined the model : he has wings. Why would he ride a horse?

Same reason a dreadlord always walks?

Love all the fantastic work so far everyone.

"5 points for creativity"

well if everyone makes a generic rook, that look all pretty much the same, then i would presume that they would get less points from the judges for creativity. i hope this would be incentive enough for people to start changing their design

or come up with their own

PS: that last part was like directed at one person

Last edited:
Level 51
Better use UndeadArthas.blp for the left half of his face. Otherwise it's creative, but then who's that? White or black king?

Actually did that at the beginning, but then I thought: Why does the black and dark side always has to be evil/demonic/undead? So I decided to make him clearly dark/black, but not necessarily evil.
That's the problem. The main idea was to create a Whiteblack King :/

Suddenly Fan arrives and pwns everyone with his awesomeness...

Edit: Oh my.. Read HappyCockroaches post at the beginning of the thread, I'm making a model of black and white?!
Is my entry okay or do I need to make it really one, specific colour? :((
I'm ok with it, your model can be the white/black king duality, and, now let's think of a situation:

49%7Echess%7Eset%7E-%7Eside%7Eview.jpg

In a chess game sideview, in which every piece faces the other side of the chessboard, you have a nice set of two kings in one model.

Status
Not open for further replies.