• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Olympics 2008 - Race Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hawkwing said:
If only you'd had that idea while the planning for this was still going on.

Ok, I'm sorry, but this just grinds my gears.

I have been consistently trying to do exactly that. I spent a great number of posts asking, nay pleading for changes to the scheme and requirements (specifically for modellers) of this contest in order to make it feasible. I'm currently busy, but if you don't believe me, just look up all of "Kyrbi0"s posts on the creation topic. No one listened. No compromises with "half custom models, half in-game models", or anything. So please don't give me that nonsense about raising this earlier.

(Moreoever, I've spent some time in this topic continuing to fight for lower workloads and/or increased deadline.)

/endrant.

Level 23
Sure thing! Friday is a bit .. to less time... How should I make a new 128x128 terrain playable 2on2 map with less then 4 hours to spend on?? :S

Well, since the fact is that if you would have showed up right in time for the contest to begin you would have had 24*7*6 hours instead of 4hours. That is 6*7*6 times more time than you have now... So who are you to blaim :)?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Alright...

Since we're all just beating around the bush here, might as well make it known (so no one can say we didn't try :p):

Frostwhisper:

1. There are currently no submissions (to my knowledge), which is a real shame.
Can we please have an extension?
IMO, at least 1 week, the Monday after next (to get the next two weekends for working people).

2. As aforementioned (copiously...), the workload on modellers is disproportionately huge, compared to the other 2 team members.
Can we please lessen the workload on modellers?
IMO, only 1 Custom (Geomerge or Scratch) Model per race (still 2 races, so 2 custom models), In-Game (Used w/ Attachments or Unused) for the other 2 per race (4 non-custom models)

Level 26
with your new rule I would be finished with my work because I have completed 2 models so there would be no work for meat all D:

My problem with the contest is that I don´t have an idea for an original concept for the human hero and that I don´t know what building I should create to get a good tech tree

Level 23
Since most of the teams has quit the competition already (in fact I only think its yours and one more group left) there is no point of trying to revive it with longer deadline. If it would have been extended before, like, two weeks ago, then maybe.... but now? Everyone has kind of stopped caring :_:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
^The teams are not broken up; not all of them. I haven't heard/seen from Xatoga in a while (though that's probably because he's now working on the Campaign Contest as well), but I'm still here. With 2 weeks (or just "suspended deadline") I'm sure we can whip something up.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Mine do too... Strange.

But you're not missing any of the posts, so meh?

~~~

@Anachron:
Alright, I'll PM Xatoga and see if he can't just whip up a few models. Normally I'd ask for your input, but in this situation, I'll just say "We're working on Undead and Human" (Undead were already half-made, but meh).

Break!

Status
Not open for further replies.