• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Olympics 2008 - Race Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So I decided I was so bored I'd do a thing for this. Kyrbio, you should feel accomplished. :p

It's an upgrade to the human knight or whatever, like the paladin from Wc2 sorta. Has Death Knight anims and uses ingame textures. Subject to changes still, ofc.

Attachments

• crusader1.JPG
    crusader1.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 132

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Booyah! Boy do I ever!

Model: Looks great. Exactly what I was thinking; great interpretation. My only 2 questions:
1. Where is that "bird-footman-helm" part located, anyway?
2. What are the horns doing on that horses head? Are they part of the armor? If so, perhaps they should be gilded or something... Or just removed.

Unfortunately, while I was going to work on this (esp. now that I see models are being thrown together), I'm being kicked off in about 10 minutes, so I won't get anything done. :/ This weekend, who knows?

~~~

So would you like to move a bit of the discussion to PM's, the Wc3C Discussion topic, or just spam this thread here? :p

Would you like

Level 25
here are some WIPs from us

Executioner is our Undead hero :hohum: made 2 days before the day after deadline, if i finish a human race i'll remake it..
Stableyard is our Undead building...
Undeadraider is our Undead unit...
The Human race is in progress
and also 2 screens from our terrain

Attachments

• Executioner.jpg
    Executioner.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 105
  • stableyard.jpg
    stableyard.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 124
  • undeadraider.jpg
    undeadraider.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 113
  • screen1 [800x600].jpg
    screen1 [800x600].jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 120
  • screen2 [800x600].jpg
    screen2 [800x600].jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 71

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
@skrab+co.:
Very schweet. Although you used the same Skeletal Grunt for the two non-building models... But good effect; love the axe!
Terrain = super-win. It just looks very clean. Also looks very large, in that second screenshot; is it a trick of the light? :p

@DonDustin:
Woah.

My only complaint/question would be those strange "bow-like" things on the skeleton's arms... Huh?

Level 27
What poot said. You probably have two geoset animations for one geoset (thus resulting in contradictory alpha statements) or you have a geoset animation with no geoset (null geoset + alpha statements for a geoset = bad)
I suggest you scan the assigned geoset animations and scrutinize the geosets assigned to them.
--donut3.5--

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
^Bounteous, dude. Great stuff.

The only thing now is to maybe add some "holy" glowy particles... I could potentially do that in-game with attachment abilities, but you might have more control over it if you do it custom (like in Magos or whatever).

On the eyes? Hammer? Somewhere to symbolize that he's now "charged" with the Holy Light. IIRC, the Death Knight has fine spell anims, so no need to do stuff there (other than change from Death to Holy, of course. :p)

~~~

Right now, I've got to right a paper for school; then I'm thinking of sprucing up my last-minute submission for the Wc3C Spell Session #12... But then, I can work on this :p. I've already got the test-terrain set up; all that's necessary is to actually make the spells, import the models, assign everything (i.e. make this guy Upgrade from the Knight, etc). Then we just export/import into Anachron's terrain.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Weeellll.....

By member, for team "Teen Girl Squad":

Kyrbi0 (coder)
I actually need to sit down with the editor and finish. I am, perhaps, 30% done (part-way done with 1 race). I find a lot of time sucked up by my part-time job and part-time schooling, and sleep. i.e. Right now, have to write a paper, and I'm procrastinating by posting here :/... So two weeks, perhaps? If I am sufficiently "free" from Real-Life responsibilities.

Xatoga (modeller)
Has actually come back, and seems to be in business. However, I have no idea how he feels about how long it takes him to do his work. With 1 + 1/2 models finished out of 6, I'd say at least a few more weeks (3-4? He only seems to be free on weekends, unfortunately).

Anachron (terrainer)
No clue. Last I heard, he seems to be working on it, so perhaps a week, maybe 2?

Questions:

1. What do the rules (that you will have to make up, since frostwhisper didn't come up with provisions for these) say about custom sounds? Soundsets are too large, but I have a few small sound-bytes that would really add awexomeness if they work. :p
  2. I forget...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Hawkwing said:
I'm sure adding small sounds for that extra bit of awesomeness is fine, as for unit soundsets they're not required.
Awexome. And yeah, I neither have the soundsets nor the room for them in the map. AFAIK, there's no way to make them smaller, or one "medium" import; you have to import each sound-set file in individually and assign it to the correct file your replacing. Bleh.

But single sounds? Booyah. Can you say "Wc2 Exorcism"? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.