• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Olympics 2008 - Race Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
^Good. I'm nearly finished re-doing the "Death Knight"... Everything else is coming along pretty nicely.

if one team is left, he is the winner without even creating anything :b
Actually, I think that means the contest is over. With only 1 contestant, there's no winner.
(At least, I've seen that in some other contests... But I'd like to default-win, regardless. :p)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hawkwing said:
If I made the deadline in one week, would we get at least two submissions?
Possibly (for us/me). Right now, I can't see anything "big" coming up (except a research paper, due at the end of the month, which I would have to work on), so I could probably devote a relatively "good" amount of time to it... But then, that's the nature of "unexpected assignments, eh?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Oops, naw... Checking a calendar, I realized that the due date is halfway through the week after next... So this entire next week must be devoted to research + writing.

Gah. On the positive side, I got Earthbound! On the negative side, all my files got deleted... :/

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
*Whew*

^That's alright; mine will be rushed, too. :p Remember:

(U Building) - Ziggurat + Plague Cauldron

(U Hero) - your "Death Knight" hero (retextured?)

(U Unit) - either a "Graven One" (see WoWWiki entry), or... pretty much anything you feel like making, at this point)

(H Building) - some kind of tall Human Tower + "holy light prism" on top

(H Hero) - some kind of Geomerge with Garithos, a mega-Lance, etc (see beta Crusader pics and concept art)

Oh-Dear, I gave away all our secrets. :p

--UPDATE--

Undead side completely done, except for some bugs with the [Building]

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Hmm,sounds that you'll make it in time!
*points to Avatar*

Anachron said:
Like me :( We don't have that much freetime as other users here...
Wait, huh? You agree with his statement that "we have time", but then disagree by saying "we don't have time".

So are you gonna be finished with the terrain (lol) by Saturday?

~~~

Hawkwing: Permission to post the Coding portion, regardless of readiness of separate team-members? (at this point, as the only competitor (?), I don't see why the rules matter so much. :p)

*points to Avatar*

Wait, huh? You agree with his statement that "we have time", but then disagree by saying "we don't have time".

So are you gonna be finished with the terrain (lol) by Saturday?

I meant as far as I can until sunday.

Well and for the terrain, I'm not really sure if I have enough time for doing my insane ashenvale terrain :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
?? Wait, Sunday, or Saturday?

yeah... At this point, I don't really care how good or bad the terrain is. Just make something basic, and then spruce it up if you have time. It's more important that it's actually done... Oh dangit.

I won't really be able to get it this weekend (by Saturday). So i can't get the map and put on the "Coding" (spells/custom units/Object Editor stuff). Unless you have MSN, or can get it; then we can set up a 'Sharing Folder'.

yeah....

~~~
Hawkwing, at what time, exactly, on Saturday is this "due"? I've got a lot to do this weekend, and I need something definite (as much as I hate deadlines).

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Ah.

Lol, then I'm sorry everyone. I tried my best, and despite a pending research paper, a Virtual Starcraft LAN party, and loads of other stuff, I was intent on finishing... But to no avail.

Sorry, to everyone who was hoping Teen Girl Squad would make it. :p :/

***If anyone is interested in the work (can't imagine why), I can publicly put it up... Also, I'm not sure if Xatoga has officially released his "Silver Knight" model, so I won't distribute that unless he says it's OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.