• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #15 - Colossus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Burning_Dragoon5: so that thing is going to float? i am guessing its demonic right? looks pretty cool. i wonder what the texture will be like
btw, is that a scratch made titan i see in your album? :>

and wow. lots of people joining now :D
lets see we have..

anarchian
mr.Bob
General frank
Lord_T
Burning_Dragoon5
Mulgrim
DvO
Xatago
TDR
Rizz_Boomer
Don Dustin
Devine
tee.dubs
N.O
WILL THE ALMIGHTY

hope i havent forgot anyone. this is the most turnout for a modeling comp i've seen i think. even if only half the people finishes, we would have a fairly good amount of models
:> and i start modelling in 4 days. yay!

Level 31
Ok, obviously, it is not complete. BUT, I am about to go on a business trip for a week, so here is the preview. The only thing left to do is node work.

Attachments

• Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 448
  • MechGiant1.mdx
    304.1 KB · Views: 112
Level 26
Eheheheh. I cheated with the painting. It only looks like that cause of the kickass program I used. al.chemy is brilliant for making concepts, cause it has all these little randomiser functions and thingies that basically force you to do something different. Awesome for concepts. Kinda like doing a controlled fractal, really.

Anyway, enough advertising :>

Will have wips soon. ish.

Eheheheh. I cheated with the painting. It only looks like that cause of the kickass program I used. al.chemy is brilliant for making concepts, cause it has all these little randomiser functions and thingies that basically force you to do something different. Awesome for concepts. Kinda like doing a controlled fractal, really.

Anyway, enough advertising :>

Will have wips soon. ish.

I could never really get the hang of it

Level 15
Ok i've nearly finished building my mesh (if anyone is interested to know). Started on 2nd of Nov, and is 950 polies atm, though i haven't made the mouth yet.

everyone's ideas and wips look awesome so far, i'm diggin this colossus theme.

Attachments

• WIP.JPG
    WIP.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 276
  • WIP2.JPG
    WIP2.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 178
  • WIP3.JPG
    WIP3.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 177
I want to enter, but I think I'm not good enough, I nearly just make attachments :(
But I will try, don't expect too much.
I got inspired by PyramideHead, who sent me the link to Warhammer Online Concept Arts, where I found awesome shit egypt style.
My model shall be an egypt Anubis monster
relief-anubis.jpg
nice choice bro. what a shame I picked the damn same thing right before you. ;[

EDIT: Inspired by Pyramidhe@d? uh-huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.