• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #15 - Colossus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Guys, ill actually enter, i got a head wip, no wrap there yet.

I think i will make some sort of Mecha Gnome Robot, wich is a giant thing ;P

Attachments

• skillz.jpg
    skillz.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 249
someone know how to color? and do i need to animate?

Those colors aren't visible in WC3, you know. It'll just replace them with either team color or a completely transparent texture.

As for animating, dex's script can't export animations correctly. So I'd suggest you either get milkshape or learn to use animtransfer.

@Slaydon, your way to make models are too primitive as you've just created a bunch of spheres, streched the shapes and placed them together.
You should consider look at some basic modeling tutorials from the internet. Maybe this one can be helpful for instance.

@HapyCockroach, I think the spiritwolf texture would fit better due to having a more agressive face expression.

Level 15
@Slaydon, your way to make models are too primitive as you've just created a bunch of spheres, streched the shapes and placed them together.
You should consider look at some basic modeling tutorials from the internet. Maybe this one can be helpful for instance.

@HapyCockroach, I think the spiritwolf texture would fit better due to having a more agressive face expression.

but starting from primitives isn't exactly bad (specially spheres) you just have to be good at it,

i don't like placing the verteces myself... but both techniques have to be combined.

but starting from primitives isn't exactly bad (specially spheres) you just have to be good at it,

i don't like placing the verteces myself... but both techniques have to be combined.
I always start from boxes...

I tried to make a wrap to the chest with the Huntress skin, but...it's been turning out like this:

attachment.php

In case nothing better comes out, which looks better?

Attachments

• wip7.JPG
    wip7.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 623
Level 11
I agree.

First one looks like lines on the stomach are going upwards, while on the second one side to side,which is more accurate (well it looks more accurate,cant say if it actually is.)

Chest wrap is awesome on second one if you ask me.

Level 1
Colossal Models

Very good theme indeed :thumbs_up: I'm sure the models will be massively epic!! I am only able to create 3d models with milkshape :cry: I would appreciate it if somone could help me on how to animate it and skin it :wink: Anyways, good luck to all modders :thumbs_up: !!!

Level 26
ROFL i just realized something. Slaydon has a point... how WOULD it be used as a unit? given the wc3 camera.... i dont think you could see the MAC from the wc3 perspective, that would mean that the planet is either fucking ridiculously huge... or the MAC is ridiculously close to the planet... and like... about to crash-land onto the surface, like a meteor or something. lulz... but i do like the idea... ive been a pretty avid Halo fan >.>i dont like a large portion of the fanbase... but i love the game/lore

Status
Not open for further replies.