• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #7 - Siege Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I think it's too big for his size. Although he does have some big muscles.

Are you going to edit the Grunt at all?

say... since i am making all these warhammer 40k stuff, does a defiler count as a sieze wepon?
and where do you submit the model?
there is no poly limit is there?

Damn!Make your own idea rather than translate already exisiting work in model.
Having his own idea and trying to concretize it is far more exciting.

edit : btw i join the contest.

Level 22
Yay!!!!

My GruntMolisher's almost done, Just a matter of polishing his animations and adding a spell slam. (Smashing the ground with catapult).
Any feedback appreciated ^_^.

Attachments

• GruntMolisher.jpg
    GruntMolisher.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 254
Level 27
You can do a LOT of model editing with it, and you can do scaling and translation animation with it, however rotation bugs.
To do animation is very painful, and should only be used for simple tasks. However if you are up to it, right click on a bone, go to edit node, then click on translation or scaling. Then, enter keyframe: {x, y, z}
Keyframe is the frame at which you want it to change, x,y, and z are axis.
--donut3.5--

Level 9
Alright, decided to have a try at the modeling competition for the first time. So just begun to learn all this new stuff, it's really amazing how mush it is to learn and read before you even can do the simplest of things.

Anyway, here's a WIP of what im doing. I was trying to replicate a old traditional Cannon. It got some shitty ingame textures atm ( Haven't learned to Unwrap yet). Tho next step is to animate it, will be nice to see how that goes hehe.

[EDIT] Added a none texture Cannon, with the SuPa tut.

/MadseN

Attachments

• Cannon WIP.jpg
    Cannon WIP.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Cannon WIP2.jpg
    Cannon WIP2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Cannon WIP3.jpg
    Cannon WIP3.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Level 34
MadseN, seems good for a first model! My guess is, give it a few months, you will be blowing people away.

Level 9
Here's another WIP of the attack animation (Donno how to gif animate it :sad:), Most is done except the textures and some more animation and modeling tweeking (Working on to reduce the poly count).

/MadseN

Attachments

• Cannon WIP4.jpg
    Cannon WIP4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 306
Level 21
Ok, I just figured I'd post an mdx with animation WIPs. I decided to go with my alien plasma cannon thing. These WIPs include geoset animations so somethings will be there that aren't regularly there, m'kay? Also, some animations are still in the rough (birth and attack mainly)

Suggestions welcome

Attachments

• AlienPlasmaCannon.mdx
    103.6 KB · Views: 128
Level 9
Man, That's some awsome animations ! i like the birth one :xxd:

Btw i got a question, when i animate my Wheels for the Walk animation they tend to squeeze together and are not circle anymore but more egg shaped :angry: This only happens when i link them to my box bone and animate the box. But when i unlink it and animate the wheels for themself they stay circle.. Help ?

/MadseN

TDR

TDR

Level 18
You most likely scaled the box you use as bone. You should NEVER EVER do that. Don't ever scale the bones of your rig or you'll get weird results like that. There's an easy fix for it though. Just unlink the wheel from the box then apply a reset XForm on the box. Then you can link the wheel back and it will all be fine.

Level 9
Alright, my first ever Wc3 Model is done :smile: I've really learned a lot during the time i made it.

What im not so happy with is that the wheels spins back when it enters the stand mode in wc3. Donno what causing it but i don't think i can fix it anyway because i can't even enter the Dope Sheet anymore because of some errors..

Also im a nuub with textures so i had to make my own because i don't know how to change so the model uses an ingame texture ^^.

Anyway, The model got, Walk, Stand, Attack and a death animation.
The Polycount is 457, i know it's pritty mush, but i will reduce the amount to the next model.

/MadseN

Attachments

• IngameShot.jpg
    IngameShot.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Sideview.jpg
    Sideview.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Oldcannon.rar
    72.3 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.