• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Modeling contest #4 - TOWERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
Talking about the extremely sharp transition between cliff and grass.

I assumed it was wrap related.

I assume this is to fit in the style of normal Blizzard cliffs in WC3.

Poly spam in an old engine is for people who don't know how to model :p

This is actually true. There is a huge difference between a 100 poly model and a 5000 poly model in a game, and if most models are 100-500 poly big, a 5000 poly model will stand out a lot. I see a lot of places where you could have cut down the details. I also suggest, if you haven't already, to clear up the model - remove all the parts that can not be visible ingame(take cinematics in-mind though).

Level 45
Here comes the FNDCT [Floating Ninja Demon Chameleon Thing].

Untitled-1-2.png

Oh that. Unfortunately, there is no transition sutible for anything other than strait edges. Its actaully two seperate texures. I could extrude then overlap then apply alpha but it would look really strange.
Considering that in-game the cliffs are wrapped well and the transitions are visible, it's possible to reproduce it in your model. Add 1 poly per edge with the ground and give it the transition texture.

Level 31
Considering that in-game the cliffs are wrapped well and the transitions are visible, it's possible to reproduce it in your model. Add 1 poly per edge with the ground and give it the transition texture.

As I said it only works with strait long edges. An inset would work, but it would look cornered and then you would have another problem. But, that problem is better than the one I have now so I might as well try it.

Level 31
WELL SLAP ME SILLY.

Inset worked!...kinda....

The middle grass texture has to be lesser quality because it has to use the cliff texture to avoid separating it from the edge inset parts. That would cause smoothing issues. But, it looks a lot better than it did before.

:D Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Tada18.png
    Tada18.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 300
Level 35
mr. bob will get my vote so far... the farting creature pyramid is lame -
1 can i shoot more that one direction
2 what the fuck does it need at fart spell for - i mean if its a a tower it will apparently only have one facing angle
3 its a lot of copy/paste

so give it up - funny but not useful :)

I don't believe you should take it as a serious entry though :wink:

Level 26
I don't believe you should take it as a serious entry though :wink:

not a serious entry? are you kidding me?
:ogre_datass:
You guys are obviously all jealous because shaman can model way better than ya'll. and faster too. I cant even imagine how long it took him to make that from scratch. Personally, i cant imagine anyone beating that model. Perfect use of ingame textures, amazing high-poly detailed mesh, and as always, great particle work. this thing is going to be in 1st place for sure, you just wait
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
:O! Don't you dare talk like that about Shamanyouranus's model! It represents the world as it is, this model should be included in all maps, and in all games, and in real life, and in Starcraft 2! You all are just another horde of jealous maggots :ogre_rage:!!!!!@@!!@3@!!!111!!!11!!!!!!elevenelevenoneoneone!1!
His model is... beautiful!:ogre_love:
If you like it...:ogre_haosis:
If you hate it...:ogre_frown:

I just did some brainstorming/sketching now about a good tower idea...

towers2.JPG
this could be an armadillo morphing/uprooting/burrowing tower that attacks melee when uprooted (armadillo bites) and attacks ranged when burrowed (energy ball gets energized by nature's energy and shoots energy bolts yay)

towers3.jpg
I like this one a lot, its concept is a goat-skeleton based creepy tower that spits inferno-like fire by its mouth, I'd probably try to make a low-poly version of my Fetish interact with the tower. Facing could be a bit of a problem, but maybe I make a spinning neck :)
I want the fire to make sense, not just be "magical". So I put a cauldron there. there's gotta be a way to blow the fire coming from the cauldron ahead thru the skull.

towers1.jpg
nothing special about this one, it's just a twisted wizard towerish thing :ugly:

I just did some brainstorming/sketching now about a good tower idea...

View attachment 90833
this could be an armadillo morphing/uprooting/burrowing tower that attacks melee when uprooted (armadillo bites) and attacks ranged when burrowed (energy ball gets energized by nature's energy and shoots energy bolts yay)

View attachment 90834
I like this one a lot, its concept is a goat-skeleton based creepy tower that spits inferno-like fire by its mouth, I'd probably try to make a low-poly version of my Fetish interact with the tower. Facing could be a bit of a problem, but maybe I make a spinning neck :)
I want the fire to make sense, not just be "magical". So I put a cauldron there. there's gotta be a way to blow the fire coming from the cauldron ahead thru the skull.

View attachment 90832
nothing special about this one, it's just a twisted wizard towerish thing :ugly:

NUMBER 2!!!!! :ogre_love:

Status
Not open for further replies.