• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Modeling contest #4 - TOWERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Happy halloween? Its not halloween yet. If it was, I wouldn't be on my PC. I would under my bed with my dads shotgun, waiting for that scary tower thing to bust out of my closet.

Level 31
Here's my final entry:

Alien Tower

- only ingame textures
- custom animations
- low poly count: 164
- small filesize

91430d1287752927-mini-modeling-contest-4-towers-alientoweringame.jpg

91431d1287752927-mini-modeling-contest-4-towers-alientowermagos.jpg

You should see it ingame before judging.
For that I created a little test map, where you can see it ingame with all animations. Have fun with this masacre :D

I hope you like my little tower.

Greets chilla_killa

Attachments

• Alien Tower.mdx
    23.5 KB · Views: 103
  • AlienTowerIngame.jpg
    AlienTowerIngame.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 4,026
  • AlienTowerMagos.jpg
    AlienTowerMagos.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 3,991
  • ALienTowerIconPreview.jpg
    ALienTowerIconPreview.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 566
  • BTNAlienTowerIcon.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DISBTNAlienTowerIcon.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 130
  • AlienTowerTestmap.w3x
    32 KB · Views: 275
Level 26
No.
only 1 of the other three did have poly limit. Probably because the name of the theme was "128 triangles"
But the other two say "There is no poly limit but please keep it reasonable"

look.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-archive-227/modeling-mini-contest-2-a-156078/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-archive-227/modeling-mini-contest-3-a-165064/

oh :/ i guess that "critters" and "critters" theme dont exactly need a poly limit.... :/ meh /me shrugs

HappyCockroach, I'm pretty sure that's not allowed though I'm no one to decide. I don't see the big deal in just making him again from scratch. Might as well make him seem different, like still a fetish, but some other kinda fetish. Like change his clothes or make him just in any way different.
Yeah, the rules are clear. We're not allowed to use old works. I'll make another one from scratch. And another texture too.

i hope you make the head unique and not some look alike demon (diablo) that looks like it was ripped from another model

And actually i think the texture on the demon doesnt fit with everything else.
the tower has a definite and very crisp wrap, while the demon looks enlarged and kinda low quality.
i don't know if you can fix it, but just putting it out there.

View attachment 91549

Added the Demon on the top, though he's not finished yet. Still need to add some thorns and horns and a head, and there are still some wrapped parts that needs tweaking.
lol this is becoming better and better! Still I expected more blood and horror things from ya, will wait until finish for sure ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.