• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #4 - Puzzle & Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I'm finished! xD Ok guys... The Core of the Mirror is waiting for reviews!! :D

Good luck for the other participants.

Take note of this!! I know that the second puzzle it's too hard for the people who doesn't like puzzles, so, do you know the "WASD" movement system? W:Up A:Left S:Down and D:Right. This is the exactly combination that you have to introduce when you enter in the puzzle:

dsawdssawasddwwaassdd

Attachments

• The_Core_of_the_mirror.w3x
    542.3 KB · Views: 725
  • war3mapMap.jpg
    war3mapMap.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 104
Level 5
I'm finished! xD Ok guys... The Core of the Mirror is waiting for reviews!! :D

Good luck for the other participants.

Take note of this!! I know that the second puzzle it's too hard for the people who doesn't like puzzles, so, do you know the "WASD" movement system? W:Up A:Left S:Down and D:Right. This is the exactly combination that you have to introduce when you enter in the puzzle:

dsawdssawasddwwaassdd

Kays , i'm sure that you posted the wrong map... it's exactly like your first wip, and completely different than your latest wips.:vw_wtf:

I finished one of the puzzles. now i will take a break and make the rest of the map . If the things goes right, i will be able to post my wip too.

Level 16
Kays , i'm sure that you posted the wrong map... it's exactly like your first wip, and completely different than your latest wips.:vw_wtf:

I finished one of the puzzles. now i will take a break and make the rest of the map . If the things goes right, i will be able to post my wip too.

The trick is upload a first wip which is a really bullshit, and then all will think I'm a newcomer, and after that, upload the good version :D

Level 16
:D
well, now i tested your map, and i have to say, its a incredible job that you made, i really enjoyed playing your game. :ogre_love:

Thanks :) I always try to make my maps cleanest as possible, and also is the first time that I use that kind of systems of movement of the doodads, and when I look the result I'm satisfied with my work :D

The only problem that I saw is the fact that my entry isn't so mysterious... :S and It hasn't nothing of action, I mean, it needs enemies in the dungeon and critters :(

And it's great for me to have the opinion of the one that I think's the best wip of the contest at the moment.

Good Luck!

Level 5
Thanks :) I always try to make my maps cleanest as possible, and also is the first time that I use that kind of systems of movement of the doodads, and when I look the result I'm satisfied with my work :D

The only problem that I saw is the fact that my entry isn't so mysterious... :S and It hasn't nothing of action, I mean, it needs enemies in the dungeon and critters :(

Yeah , i noticed, you did a hell of a job with those doodads, im still trying to figure out how did you did that :D

and about the critters, i dont think you need to put some enemies in the dungeon, for example, my map has humans chasing one of the enemies generals, and at the same time trying to survive.
But in your case, the shaman is already dead lol. I liked the sensation of solitude in the dungeon, looks like if you dont solve the puzzle you will be trapped there forever .

Now i will be working on my map, i have only something like 50 % now, and only 6-8 days to finish it:ogre_rage:
good luck to you too. :grin:

I can judge since I certainly won't have the time to finish my map (my progress: I almost decided on the dimensions of the map).

*Writes a list of stuff for busterkomo to do while I'm chilling in Turkey* xD
Just kidding, we both have to judge all the maps anyway :p

-----
I'm writing a template for all the maps so I can easily insert each grade and a comment ^^

Guuuurl whatchyu doin in TURKEY?

We be trollin up the country mon :ogre_datass:

Level 16
Their all looking good :D going to give some of em a try!

EDIT: KayS you'r map is good but.. it lacks something. I remember walking around and all I see is graffiti LOL. But your map is good can;t wait to give it the full review :D

That graffiti, is the mysterious part of the map!! :D :vw_sleep:

Really it was a project which I was trying to introduce in a map: a graffiti of someone, this one is from Cope 2 (But it isn't original, is a copy of one crew of spain).

I love that kind of strange things in my maps :D

Level 5
Despair is what i'm feeling now, 5 days left, and 30 % to do yet.
also i dont know if you guys are gonna like this wip, so maybe i will have to fix some other things.

OK, my map, as always, is very hard at the beggining. Now the map will be average (when you use the assassin) however, until you solve the puzzles the map will be hard. the puzzles are not so hard, and one of them i give you a hint to solve it.

i tested the map a few times and i correct all the bugs that i found. Please, tell me if the Arrow trap is working properly too. i had some problems with it.

my advice for you guys, with the assassin, hold your breath, and watch your step.

this demo ends like the other one, in a boss battle, use your head to kill him.

Attachments

• Catacomb of Elend (DEMO 70%).w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
Level 16
I wonder if I could join the contest :p

Silly judge, maps are for contestants. Although it would be great to see a map, you sexy beast.

WiP, Again
On a somewhat related to the contest sidenote, I'm 39% done with my rushed map. Lemme give a breif WiP (all text baby) in case I decide to finish it seriously

In the map "Assassin in the Village", you must choose either the role of the Detective or the Assasin. The Detective must use detectifying skills to identify the Assassin from the regular townspeople, and kill him. The Assassin must murder 8 townspeople to win the game. However, the Assassin is weak, and will die fast to the Detective, and must utilize his disguise capability. Disguise makes the Assassin look like a villager, changes his color to blue (villager color), and allies him with both the Detective and the Villagers.

The Detectives abilities are still in the air as of now, but there will be a way to detect if a disguised villager is or isnt the assassin. Other abilities might include sentry wards, reviving villagers, or fake villagers which explode when killed (to hurt the Assassin when he wrongly murders)

The Assassins abilities so far are Murder, which instantly kills a villager after 4 seconds, and Disguise. Another ability idea I've been tossing around is Suggestion, which allows the Assassin to tell a villager to move to a new spot. Of course Villagers will automatically move around via triggers and the wander ability, but this will allow the Assassin to move villagers how he needs them.

As you can imagine, this intense PvP will be mind games and puzzling mysteries the whole way through. The Puzzle is the gameplay itself and psyching out your opponent so he reveals himself or lets you kill a villager, and the Mystery is finding out who the killer is.

If you don't consider this a *sufficient* work in progress, I shall attach a demo version of the map. I had to do another WiP because I scrapped my old idea.

Level 5
Its good to see more contestants :grin:

well, this is another wip from the terrain, this one is ridiculously hard to make, but the result was better than i expected, check it out the concept and the terrain.

Attachments

• the-new-catacomb1.jpg
    the-new-catacomb1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Inner crypt.jpg
    Inner crypt.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 89
eubz I found some errors.
When you kill explosive barrel you die (even with infernal or stone golem).
I killed gatekeeper and nothing happened.
Sir: I really set the hero that if he dies he will lose the game... It is just in this case a player could lose the game...
For the GateKeeper, it is for the player to know how the gatekeeper will help him. Actually he will just let the gatekeeper go and stand beside the second gate and open it and she (the gatekeeper) will then open it for the player. The player doesn't have the power to open the gate, but only the gate keeper has. Isn't it puzzling? I intend not to right hint for this because of the contests theme. Hope you understand, sir.

I mean when infernal kill barrel hero die (even if he move to another room)
If the infernal is your unit, your hero will surely die... That's part of the game its about being careful of what to destroy/kill during the finding of the orb on the first room of the game. Now, if the orb is found still there is a danger of killing those explosives. It's like you and your summoned units is one when it comes to killing the barrels of explosive.

This time I am prepared with my final 100% functioning map this contest :)
Here is my final entry so have fun :)
I might attach screen shots if I can be bothered of the terrain in-game.
I am hoping for a better score this time although I have not had time to make a preview image for my map.

Attachments

• Forest Assasins v1.0.w3x
    160.8 KB · Views: 209
Level 16
I will upload mine today :)
Oh if few of you still need day or 2, we can increase deadline.
But I must know exactly how many of you can have use of day or 2.

FIVE NOW

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! I HAVE TO BEAT AT LEAST 3 FOR THIRD PLACE! But anyways I could use a day or two if you are willing to extend. I rehashed my idea into something I like and I'm working on it right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.