• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Mapping Contest #1 - 1v1[$100 Prize Pool]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Quick question, are we able to use any type of triggers? I assume no, but on my melee's I change the camera view because the normal war3 view is so zoomed in. Also, when are we able to start the maps?
No extra triggers. Only melee initialization.
Everyone can start on this Saturday, October 21.

How can I submit the map? Is it okay to just post a thread under the "Map" forum by 10/21?
Submit under the map section by November 21, the due date.

ALSO,
Back2Warcraft recently got a donation. The donator (who wishes to stay anonymous) wishes to give second place $50 and 3rd place $25, and that is what we're going to do :)

Level 32
Posting a second reply as an update and to notify people. (This is also on the second post)

Please post if you plan to participate! You may start working on the map any time between the start date (October 21) and the finish date (November 21). There is no penalty for those who join late.

Participant
WIPFinal Entry

1. @Fnif
------

2. @Flute
------

3. @Miacis
------

4. @The Panda
------

5. @Abovegame
------

6. @Svetli
------

7. @Mr.Henci
------

8. @Erkan
------

9. @MysteryMaze
------

10. @Knecht
------

11. @zhica
------

12. @Arrr
------

13. @ysuk9127
------

14. @Darfi
------

15. @mafe
------

16. @Alex-dqw
------

17. @XanderD
------

18. @forsaker
------

19. @Razvan
------

20. @Maxwell
------

21. @Kaer#2460
------

22. @Mads Buus
------

23. @Adney
------

24. @Ascrelle
------

25. @Paillan
------
Total: 25/25
(Considering to raise limit, will talk with other judges - limit raised to 25)

WAITLIST (if someone drops out, the next person in line will be added if they please)
26. @moyackx
27. @doom_sheep
28. @aeman
29. @Blood Raven
30. @RehcraM

"Maybe?" Participants (If you have made up your mind, please tell so I can add you to the waitlist)
@Nolyp
@CampScouter
@stonneash
@BLazeKraze

DISCLAIMER:
If you decide to drop the contest any time, PLEASE make sure to state it so I can remove your name off the list. This is so I can add anyone the next person in the queue for the waitlist.

Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
No extra triggers. Only melee initialization.
Everyone can start on this Saturday, October 21.

Submit under the map section by November 21, the due date.

ALSO,
Back2Warcraft recently got a donation. The donator (who wishes to stay anonymous) wishes to give second place $50 and 3rd place $25, and that is what we're going to do :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Level 4
Two more questions.
1. How many maps can be allowed for submission for each participant?
2. While I was reading replies, someone asked and got replied that the maps already uploaded in the past are not qualified for the contest. Does this mean that the maps created before contest are not admitted? Or is it okay to be in if maps were created in the past but not uploaded at Hive?

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Two more questions.
2. While I was reading replies, someone asked and got replied that the maps already uploaded in the past are not qualified for the contest. Does this mean that the maps created before contest are not admitted? Or is it okay to be in if maps were created in the past but not uploaded at Hive?

Honestly i would just create a whole new map from scratch after the start date of the contest.

Level 32
Two more questions.
1. Uno, un, only one map as your submission :]
2. Maps created or started before October 21 will not be accepted.

@StoPCampinGn00b Is there any way to let me participate?? I'm dying! :/
You're currently banned from participating in contests.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I know but I thought there should be some ways.
I am pretty sure that you have been told several times about your current status when it comes to contests.
In addition, I suggest you discuss this in Staff Contact instead of here if you insist on doing that.
I highly recommend you to stop bringing that drama of yours to public.

I am pretty sure that you have been told several times about your current status when it comes to contests.
In addition, I suggest you discuss this in Staff Contact instead of here if you insist on doing that.
I highly recommend you to stop bringing that drama of yours to public.
You're right but I've never stole my maps. I made my maps from scratch without any rule breaking. Sorry for Off-Topic guys! Good luck!

Level 32
Alright, we've raised the limit to 25 and at the same time, we had almost a dozen more people post that they wanted to participate. Raising the limit to 30 is unlikely, but it's not completely off the table.

Since we're capped right now, I also added a waitlist.
26. @moyackx
27. @doom_sheep
28. @aeman
29. @Blood Raven
30. @RehcraM
+Maybe / Unsure participants

Please see the second post for all the details regarding participants.

I just want to be 100% sure.
ANYTHING can be imported as long as it only affects doodads/terrain? That mean terrain textures custom rocks etc... Just want to be sure guys :)
Yes, but they must be credited.

Level 32
I'd say melee maps would be easier and faster to judge than other map types. A limit wouldn't be too good for how enthusiastic the people seem.
Don't kill me if I'm wrong.
I actually disagree with this if we're seriously judging the balance of the maps. There are so many more factors to consider if we're looking at maps to be judged in a competitive way, compared to judging the fun factor and creativity for custom maps. I do agree that it's generally faster to judge melee maps, but not as much as people might think. For me it's easier to judge custom maps, anyway.

Reactions: San
Level 32
I would also like to join or at least be on the waiting list. I see the list is full but I guess there will be anyways less people handing in a final map than people registering at the start
Added to the waiting list.

Plan to participate. Any special restrictions or just melee 1v1?

Custom tilesets allowed?
Added to the waiting list. And yes, custom tiles are allowed.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I will throw in my hat (to the Waitlist) as well. Seems incredibly unlikely that I would make it in, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Just because I have no talents in mapmaking whatsoever (much less melee mapmaking), doesn't mean I can't sadly attempt. ; )

Level 7
  • *For melee maps, any gameplay altering data may not be changed.
  • *For melee maps, the game data in the editor must be set to "Melee (latest patch)"

Hey there! I just want to ask about these points. Is the first about to not change the units' and items' data and not add custom ones? Like changing the Merchenant items or adding custom creeps. And in the second point which is the latest patch?

Level 32
Raised limit to 30. That's it, we really can't push it more than that else it'd take an eternity to judge. I'm sorry that some of you may not be able to make it :/

Hey there! I just want to ask about these points. Is the first about to not change the units' and items' data and not add custom ones? Like changing the Merchenant items or adding custom creeps. And in the second point which is the latest patch?
First point, yes. You cannot alter any existing data that affect gameplay, nor bring in new units / items / buildings etc.
"Melee (latest patch)" is the same for the past few years of versions, so you don't need to worry about your WC3 version. The default is set to melee stats when TFT was launched, and no one has the version anyway.

I'd like to join but is there still space? :D
There's no more space but I have added you to the waiting list queue. Please see the second post to see the list and situation.

I want to join the contest...
And how to PM on this site?
There an "404 no found" page on "map submission rules" link in hat of this thread.
Hey, I got your PM. There's no need to send a map to me via PM, all that's needed to is to post at least one work in progress version in this thread, then one final version before the due date. But do note that I haven't admitted you because we're full. So, I added you to the waitlist since we're really full on the amount contestants.

@Kyrbi0 added

-----

Important:

For those of you who don't know, TODAY is the day you are allowed to start creating your maps. It's been October 21st for most of the world for quite a while now, so get to it :)

Before starting your map, MAKE SURE TO READ THE FIRST AND SECOND POSTS OVER AGAIN. The last thing we want is for contestants to submit something they did not know was not allowed.
ALSO, I will say this one last time (I'm lying, I might remind people), if you plan to drop out of the competition, tell me so I can remove you from the list and put the next person in line in.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.