• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I still like the idea of using the soul to revive the hero, are those times wait times between the soul spawn time or revive at base times?

Either way I think 10 second per level is a bit too long, so maybe a initial 10 second + 1-2 second per level? The amount of available levels and how fast you can gain levels will have to be considered too.

Level 14
For the death system, rather then creating one that the time goes up with the amount of times you have died, why not create one where it goes up with level.
The thing that I don't like about that is that you're punished with a huge wait time if you're a high leveled hero which I found very annoying about DotA.
I like the idea that you're punished more with a longer wait time if you die constantly so that you won't be constantly "feeding" the enemy team.
Of course, you could put some kind of level factor so that a Hero with Level 15 who has his first death doesn't revive 5 seconds later; it might revive 8 seconds later.

Is there also a gold/exp penalty if you die?

Level 8
Yep, but thats not how its supposed to be, I guess.

I guess some moderator should move our revival medic caravan discussion here or something.

Level 8
this post is moved out of the Hero thread

I dont mind if you dont create a hero like this, but I hope I can post this anyways.

Here comes the first scethiey. Ill post spell ideas and some pictures of them later.

viikuna.jpg

Here is Viikuna. Hes supposed to look kinda like Jamie Hector, who plays Marlo Stanfield in The Wire tv serie. ( My avatar lols )

Hes a fighter who uses his fist and feet to kill his enemies without any mercy. He learned to fight in the streets in a poor neighbourhood. He learned to be ruthless, which sometimes kinda makes him not so nice fellow.
Later he became a capoerista ( Because Im too capoerista in real life ) and also learned some nasty voodoo magic from the voodoo priestess of Bahia in Brazil. ( I know no voodoo magic :´( )

He uses his magic to do some sick stuff that no normal man is capable, He also "eats" enemis magic with his voodoo powers.

Viikunas fightning thecnique is to summon more power from the energy of the fight. The longer he remains in the fight, beating guys and taking hits, the stronger he becomes.

Some ability ideas

Seven Seconds Away.
Viikuna punhes the target damaging it, and leaving a Seven Seconds buff to it for 7 Seconds. Units with this buff get the damage dealt by this spell stacked, so each time Viikuna uses this spell against buffed target, it deals more damage than last time.

( Attached a lil comic for more information. )

In game effect: Stacking damage and a little knockback.

Half Moon In A Compass, With A Hammer.

( Descriptions and pictures come later. )

I Enjoy Eating Your Magic.
Every time enemy uses a spell around Viikuna, he becomes physically stronger for a moment.

In game effect: Possibly gains more strength. Maybe attack damage too. Dont know yet. Passive ability.

Try Harder.
The more units are attacking at Viikuna, the faster he moves.

In game effect: Passive, Viikuna gains the more attack and move speed the more units are attacking him.

Zombie Mangangá.

( Descriptions and pictures come later. )

Attachments

• Viikuna.jpg
    Viikuna.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Seven Seconds Away.jpg
    Seven Seconds Away.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Level 11
Any basically. Just something that describes the user well. So GF won't be a sorceress that heals now will he.
And to answer the question about hive's battlefield main tread. Since this is a hosted project now (YAY!!) we don't have to put everything in it. That tread was created in project recruitment, and was then transferred here by Ralle when we got the hosted project. Probably the best thing to do is transfer related sots here. But that us a lot of work.

As for ideas I like amargaard ones. The one that items should be named after users that don't get a hero.
And one that changes experience name in to reputation (just the name). These small, mostly cosmetic changes could make the map simple but fun, and kinda new compared to war3 standard.

~HailFireer

Level 19
Thank you for posting.
I would like to recall a few subjects which require idea's. Please post your idea about it and bring your motivation why we should use it.

- Name of the two forces. We still miss two good names for the sides. Suggestions are very welcome.
- Lumber. We still need a replacer for the lumber.
- Food. Another thing, we still need to use this in another way.
I was thinking using the food to recharge the attributes over time. Anachron suggested to display K/D ratio. Bring your idea up!
- Spells which creeps can cast.

That's it for now, bring your idea's on!

Level 11
I gave you spells creeps can cast. I think its best to have just mages, cuz if fighters and rangers had them then it would kill the point.

Here is the list of creeps. They are balanced, except for some spells of creeps, because they need to be arranged to not be too powerful compared to heroes.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=yg255z

Please read it all. There is not a lot of weapons because its hard to implement all weapons humans ever made, cuz they all had a specific purpose. Here that purpose s forefeet in war3, thus low number.

~HailFireer

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
For the death system you could try an adaptive one. The time and loss of gold is based on your current gold and your kills before death and number of deaths.

If you are dieing a lot with few kills, the time is low and gold cost also low.
Equally if you have not died and have a kill steak of 10 kills, dieing would cost you a realitivly long ammount of time and also a large loss in gold.
To make this system more fair, killing someone with a long winning steak yields bonous gold while killing someone with a lot of deaths yields less gold.

In the end, not dieing and killing lots will have a positive net gain on your team while dieing a lot and killing little yields a net loss to your team.
As your hero levels up (or game progresses) the time per death will increase so dieing early is worth less than dieing late game as late game you are harder to kill so more skill is needed at making kills.

This idea is simlar to ranking systems used in many games. Basically poor players give less of a penalty to the team than good players who die. It is also possible to go through streaks of doing well and then badly without a major disadvantage.

The problem with it though is it lowers the penalties for death, especially early game which would be shunted by serious players due to it being fair on noobs and poor teams (in DotA if someone on your team dies alot, he can cost you the game). Equally well if you die late game in DotA you can be down for a short ammount of time if you have not died before but using this system you are looking at a much longer delay putting a peanlty on skill.

Thus if you do impliment a system like this, consider also allowing a classic death rule mode to appeal to more serious gamers.

@DSG: NIce ideas, but I feel forced to agree with Viikuna. You are actually punishing players who play good, and that is quite unfair.

- Lumber. We still need a replacer for the lumber.
In TCO lumber was honor points. You could collect honor points by doing hard quests and then use them to buy legendary equipment. In AoM the lumber represented the number of heroes you killed and depending on that item you could also buy equipment.

- Spells which creeps can cast.
One of the things I am proud in my project was to have badass neutral creeps. I specially liked the wolfs. The wolfs used to work as a real pack and their main power resided in the numbers.
Wolf lv2:
- Wolf Strike

Wolf lv4:
- Wolf Strike
- Wolf Roar

Wolf lv6:
- Wolf Strike
- Wolf Aura
- Fear

Wolf Strike (passive ability): Gives the wolf X% chance to cause a critical strike attack where X is equal to N + Y. N is the number the player choose and Y is the number of allied wolfs nearby (more wolfs = more critical strike chance).

Wolf Roar (active): Gives allied wolfs X attack bonus, where X is the number of allied wolfs nearby. Does not stack.

Wolf Aura (passive ability): An aura that adds X damage and Y bonus attack speed to all nearby wolfs. X is the number of allied wolfs and Y = X * 2.

Fear(active): Reduces the armor of nearby enemies by X, where X is the number of wolfs.

I also had ideas for other neutral creeps (such as kuskar and bears, often seen together in ladder maps. Bears had tanking and DPS abilities while kuskars had support / healing abilities) but I didn't had time to implement these.
I really hope you like the wolf ideas.

I will post more ideas once I have time.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

- Food. Another thing, we still need to use this in another way.
I was thinking using the food to recharge the attributes over time. Anachron suggested to display K/D ratio. Bring your idea up!
Showing the K/D ratio would not be a bad idea. What do you mean by "recharge attributes over time"?

@HailFireer: His magic ideas sound quite nice. I don't think magicians should have all the spells at the start, they should instead start with a basic spell (heal, per example) and then the player's team could upgrade them. I also think the mages have far too many abilities. The armor, slow spells should be given to soldiers and rangers, so the players can have an idea on what to focus (soldiers could have armor abilities to help them tank, rangers could have attack abilities to have them DPS, and mages could have heal, dispell and move bonuses to help support).
I also think the other units (rangers and soldiers) should have abilities on their own, so here I will suggest some:

Ranger:
Scatter Shot (passive): attacks multiple enemies at one time
Eagle Eye (passive): increases range by X
Iron Bow (passive): increases attack by X

More suggestions comming when I have time.

Last edited:
Level 19
DSG great idea, however I still agree with Flame_Phoenix.
It would be an unfair system for those that play good.

Hmm Phoenix.. I was talking about the creeps which fight side to side. However HailFireer made something up, check his post. And those spells you showed us look pretty basic but should work fine (I just saw you check it, well great :p).

As for the lumber I just gained another idea. Perhaps we could rename lumber into reputation. Reputation is gained through your actions (teamplay - assists - killing heroes - killing creeps - and so on). With this reputation you could buy one advanced mercenary which helps pushing one lane, or more. It could also be used to upgrade casters, and things like that.

What I meant about the food system is as followed.
As you know we'll be using a custom attribute system which can bring something extra.
Say if your main attribute would be 'Wisdom', it will be recharged until reaching 100.
Once at 100, Wisdom its special effect is activated or can be activated.
The food system would show the recharging by 1/10 .. 2/10 .. 3/10.. and so on. Once at 10/10 it gives +1 and would start over again.

---- Edit ----

I was planning to post some items however I suddenly gained another idea.
I was thinking to add a "blacksmith" somewhere on the map which can "upgrade" certain weapons for a price.
I will post an example soon (at the item thread), give me your opinion :).

Level 21
I have some ideas for lumber and for the force names:

For the Lumber, what about having a special "money" which can be spent to buy BIG creeps or cast spells on a line (like a monsoon) or something like that... and if you kill a hero or a super creep you get that "special money".

For the Names: Evil: The Banned, The Good: The Members.... it is hard with such a specific theme.

For the Lumber, what about having a special "money" which can be spent to buy BIG creeps
Don't you read posts at all? That's exactly the idea Xarwin gave but with different names.

or cast spells on a line (like a monsoon) or something like that
I was going to suggest this right now.

I think lumber should be reputation (like Xarwin said) and that it should allow:
- your base to cast spells on lanes, helping them
- your base to make special upgrades on units and buildings
- the player to buy special items

How to get lumber? I suggest:
- When taking a relic from an enemy (if we implement relics)
- having K kills
- having 2*K assists
- When taking enemy creep camps (if we implement them)
- When you make something extraordinary, like a triple kill
What I meant about the food system is as followed.
As you know we'll be using a custom attribute system which can bring something extra.
Say if your main attribute would be 'Wisdom', it will be recharged until reaching 100.
Once at 100, Wisdom its special effect is activated or can be activated.
The food system would show the recharging by 1/10 .. 2/10 .. 3/10.. and so on. Once at 10/10 it gives +1 and would start over again.
I totally agree with this. Classes should have special abilities.

Level 21
Don't you read posts at all? That's exactly the idea Xarwin gave but with different names.

I was going to suggest this right now.

I think lumber should be reputation (like Xarwin said) and that it should allow:
- your base to cast spells on lanes, helping them
- your base to make special upgrades on units and buildings
- the player to buy special items

How to get lumber? I suggest:
- When taking a relic from an enemy (if we implement relics)
- having K kills
- having 2*K assists
- When taking enemy creep camps (if we implement them)
- When you make something extraordinary, like a triple kill

I totally agree with this. Classes should have special abilities.

I did not read the post of xarwin, and don't try to steal a idea I brought up.

And I never talked about mercenaries, more super creeps, so please...

Last edited by a moderator:
@syltman:
Is there anywhere we can find all ideas that are set in stone?
Afaik, not yet. However, I think that the main ideas that we are certain to implement are here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ttlefield-official-information-thread-163753/

This thread also has some "set in stone" ideas as well:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/hives-battlefield-653/hives-battlefield-community-map-161884/

And I advise you to keep an eye on this thread as well because Septimus will soon make suggestions that (afaik) will be implemented:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/hives-battlefield-653/heroes-163621/

Hope it helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
I don't like these attitudes. This thread is meant for idea's and not to discuss things about your awesomeness or anything around your opinion about others. Even if you dislike people which are helping, you still need to behave no matter what.
Keep it clean, thanks.

Posts are removed and edited to follow the thread's main goal.

Anyway to respond on your replies:
I think its a great idea using the lumber (reputation) to add extra support.
That's settled, and will be used.

Secondary,
most of the idea's will be indeed posted at the information thread.
I'm still working on it though :)

And about the creeps in the middle lane. Perhaps we should add a system which gives a lower amount of xp once there.
It would be stupid seeing units split and don't know where to go :p.

Btw Viikuna is currently in the army so I don't think he will respond fast.

Level 11
Mage has only 1 spell. It is randomly selected from a pool of 10. Sp 10% to get one of the spells.

And giving spells to fighters and rangers is kinda stupid since it kills the point of mages.
Remember, mages are weaker then any unit, but have spells to support fighters and rangers.

And giving spells to fighters and rangers is kinda stupid since it kills the point of mages.
Remember, mages are weaker then any unit, but have spells to support fighters and rangers.
I don't see why it is a bad idea to upgrade your units with stronger spells and abilites. In Dota and Hon and LoL (and nearly any AoS I know) creeps grow stronger over time (for no apparent reason). In this map we could let players choose if they want to make the creeps stronger by allowing them to purchase abilities for the AI to use. I think it would be a clever idea, and it would remove the need of magically making creeps stronger over time.

Level 22
Well, actually I have an idea too for the lumber of food, please don't go harsh on me if it's to much like dota based:

If there is going to be something like Roshan from DotA (Roshan is a boss in the Dota map, which is located near the middle of the map, he's quite strong, that sometime requires teamwork to kill)
Then once the boss was killed, lumber or food could be used to display how long until the boss respawns?

Level 11
Creeps will upgrade over time yes. But spells is stupid. We could give them a little passive ability, but active spells no. They are for mages. here are 10 of them currently and they are chosen randomly. A mage can have only 1 of them.

And not a bad idea for a boss timer. And we will have 2 bosses. I think.

Creeps will upgrade over time yes. But spells is stupid. We could give them a little passive ability, but active spells no. They are for mages. here are 10 of them currently and they are chosen randomly. A mage can have only 1 of them.
So, you can't upgrade mages to have more abilities ? What about relics ? they could allow for special upgrades :D
I like the "random" idea. Perhaps Neutral creeps should have random builds as well?

@Barathrum: All ideas are welcome. It could be a good idea, but I still think that replacing wood by stone (that allows you to upgrade your base) is better.
Basically, I agree with Vikuna's idea.

Level 19
Last time I removed these posts.
Redscores stop provoking.
If you can't work like how it should be then I'm forced to take action.

-- Edit --

For the spells:
I think only magicians should have spells since they're created for it.
About the other units: they could have passive abilities.
The other spellcasting belongs to the heroes.

Oh and don't forget we can always add game modes.

Last edited:
Level 2
For the spells:
I think only magicians should have spells since they're created for it.
About the other units: they could have passive abilities.
The other spellcasting belongs to the heroes.

Oh and don't forget we can always add game modes.

I think how the creeps' ability should be depends on how you want the game to be like.

How strong and how smart creeps are will change the style of play. I like the setting where they are about the same level as the hero, and have no skill, except the mage, and they remain the same unless upgraded by the team so they get stronger/ more abilities.

This will give the team the choice of whether to use the special resource on upgrading the creep or use them to buy special items which will improve the hero.

Like some other mentioned earlier, changing lumber to reputation as the special resource, and the food for recharge meter for special ability is also a good idea, maybe for those "global" lane effects.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
calbert, I am pretty sure you are refering to the lane spawns and not the creeps when you say "creeps" as creeps usually are the neutral hostile things off the main lanes (dota has them in the forests).

The problem with being able to upgrade the spawns with resources shared with items is that the items may be more worth it in the end. Yes your side may have better spawns but for that the enemy has a nice weapon making him able to kill heroes easier. Additionally on the opposite side, you could try swamping the enemy by everyone on your team upgrading the spawns so that the enemy gets overwhelmed by powerful units, this would make items late game viability. Generally it is easier just to make a seperate pool for their upgrades which each upgrade removes from (and the pool is shared with everyone on the team). That way both sides will default to equally powerful spawns. On top of that you could add elements which will affect the spawn progression. For example, if your base is threatened (multiple lanes at its doorsteps) you gain extra upgrade points or some hero types might speed up the advancement of points.

As for the upgrades avaialblee for the creeps? Well an idea I thought of is the upgrades available for the creeps depend on what enemy heroes you are fighting. For example ranged units could gain mana burn if you are fighting mage like heroes. Melee units could gain temporary defense upgrades or a short duration middle cooldown divine shield. Long range heroes might make evasion for units available. You could further this by making some of them abilities which will only be effective on certain heroes (or extra effective). This would basically allow you to make your units evolve to suit the area most needed. If a hero is getting a lot of kills, you can make the spawns more difficult for him so he is more likly to be killed.

Ofcourse there is your normal attack, armor and hp type upgrades with potential additional unit type changes. These basically are the counter to the above upgrades as the anti hero ones will not particually make them better against the other spawns while this will. A general upgrade solution for if no particular enemy hero is a problem.

As for food, the idea of an ability system sounds good. Each hero has a soul ability which will be able to be used only when the gauge is charged. The power of the soul ability is based upon the maximum of the gauge. The gauge maximum is based on hero type, hero level and items. There are 2 generic ways to fill the gauge, one being kill stuff and the other being killed. Killing spawns will yield you +1 to the gauge while killing other heores will yield you +3. On the other hand if you are killed, your gauge will always be filled an exta half, simulating a form of vengence for dieing (this is rather small boost considering the gold and exp the killer got and all the time you lost). Additionally the main way to gain soul points late game is based on hero type and actions and will improve as you level up. Heroes made for pushing will have a chance for bonous points when killing other creeps, while assassin heroes will gain more points from hero kills as examples. Soul abilities can not kill other heroes directly, they can aid in their demise (and at higher charges do so quite well) but will never be able to out right kill an enemy hero. Basically an additional form of ultimate ability, which has no real cooldown but is always available and can suprise you if caught off gaurd.

Examples could be ...
Boosts heroes stats by 33%, lasts for the length of the gague in seconds.
Destorys the targets gauge by the gauge magnitude, if the result is largly negative the target gets stunned for a second or two and you are refunded 33% of the excess.
Boosts your movement speed for 5-7 second based on the magnitude of the gauge (can exceed 544 at high gauge levels which means triggers provide the extra speed).
Damages the target unit by upto 50% of its max life. If target unit is below 50% HP it will do upto 66% of its curent life at reduced efficency. Ammount of damage delt is based on gauge magnitude while can not exceed the caps.
Stores your current health and then allows you to take infinite damage for 10 seconds. Ammount of damage that can be received before prematurly expiring is based on gauge. Spell resets your current hitpoints to the one that was stored before the ability use.

Level 2
Yes I do mean the lane spawns but as the others are already calling them creeps...

I think having the upgrades and items using the same resource will make the game more interesting as the team have to choose which one to get, of course will it be good really depends on the cost of the items and upgrades and what they do.

On the other hand it would be more noob friendly if the items use one resource and the upgrades use another. Each one has their advantages. One thing is, if this other resource is also gained in the same/similar way as gold is, (ie. killing stuff) it would not be as meaningful.

I remember on the other thread there was some idea about "random events" and quests related to them. I think this is where those quests can be made more valuable. Of course such events shouldn't be really random but with a reason.

For example it could be an event triggered when one of the towers is in low hp, then the team owning that tower will spawn a worker to go repair it. The quest will be something like protecting the worker until he reaches the tower, or keeping the tower alive until the worker arrives. As reward you get a tower repaired and gain some special resources(reputation?).

I also like your idea about different types of upgrades to make the spawns specialized in doing something, as that will certainly be a factor in the outcome of the game. I don't think this will be too complicated.

There can always be the mode options so the game goes in the "classic" way for those who don't want to deal with all these new things.

Level 11
Having creeps upgraded with your gold is not worth it. I would newer use it, I would get an item. And same is wit 95% of players who play any kind of AoS. Items are things that win the game, the right combo that is.
Creeps (spawns, we call em creeps here DSG) will and should be upgraded over time. In DotA that is achieved by killing enemy buildings. We should also get something cool, like if a spawn kills enemy hero (lands the last blow, no matter how much DMG it did), it researches and upgrade for the units. And things like that.
Basically, you don't do anything much with your gold.

DON'T FORGET: AoSs are popular because of a rather simple gameplay. You have your hero, you need to level him, get him good item combination and go help your team gank other heroes and kill enemy base. You don't pay that much attention to creeps, except at start and in late game if enemy creeps are in a bunch and are coming, so you go and kill em so they don't waste that lane.
So please, stop discussing that doctor caravan way of revival, it is so bad for an AoS (although it could be good for other types of mods, yes). And why don't creeps have multiple level ability, and why not all of them have ability.
Imagine you get a creep that casts slow, then another casts -armor, and a third one -dmg on your hero. You are probably dead in seconds, especially on low levels. People would get pissed very fast and leave the game. And we don't need that.
So instead you have only 1 caster on enamy side that has 40% of having a debuffing spell. But you also have an ally mage who has 60% to have a buff spell, thus chances are good that debuff you have will be negated in similar way by the buff your ally mage casts.

For example it could be an event triggered when one of the towers is in low hp, then the team owning that tower will spawn a worker to go repair it. The quest will be something like protecting the worker until he reaches the tower, or keeping the tower alive until the worker arrives. As reward you get a tower repaired and gain some special resources(reputation?).
Instead of destroying towers you could take them for your own. If you can't protect the caravan worker, then you can always destroy the tower completely from the game.
I like this idea +1.

I also like your idea about different types of upgrades to make the spawns specialized in doing something, as that will certainly be a factor in the outcome of the game. I don't think this will be too complicated.
I also agree with this, however HailFireer says it is stupid and therefore he won't add it.
On the other hand (since most newbs won't like wasting gold on item) we could create a stone / merchant caravan (suggested by Viikuna). This caravans would bring resources to your base, and every X minutes you could choose to upgrade a special ability or creep without wasting your own gold. You would only need to defend the caravan.

Level 11
Making a spawn specialized for something will put to much effort on players to watch what they spawns do. If they are simpler you can leave them be.
You guys want to make spawns complicated. I want to keep them simple, and focus on hero action more. Its way mroe fun when you go kill enemy heroes then to have to watch what are your spawns doing.

And taking over towers is a great idea, refreshing.

Making a spawn specialized for something will put to much effort on players to watch what they spawns do. If they are simpler you can leave them be.
You guys want to make spawns complicated. I want to keep them simple, and focus on hero action more. Its way mroe fun when you go kill enemy heroes then to have to watch what are your spawns doing.
Then we have a dilemma. How can you make spwans intelligent if you don't want players to worry about them? If they are going to have a smart AI, players will need to be careful.

Personally I don't think that complicated spawns prevent people from enjoying PvP. In fact, I believe it makes it more interesting to take down an enemy.
Anyway, this is something Xarwin should decide, not we.

Level 11
If spawns are intelligent, then you don't have to worry about them, because they can do everything on their own.
If they are dumb, then you need to worry over them.

Making spawns simpler makes it easier to make them smart.

But your right. Xarwin should decide.

Level 11
Well, you do need to worry about enemy spawns. Here we are discussing should players worry about spawns on their team.

Level 19
Okay here we go guys.
We'll use the gold for items.

Lumber will be converted into reputation and used for:
- Casting defensive spells (for example making a building invulnerable for 2 seconds, teleporting in, etc)
- Upgrading creeps their special abilities (mages their spells, passive abilities)
- Upgrade specific towers (this adds a new twists so the winning players can be pushed back)
- Buying mercenaries to support allied spawns.
And perhaps more!

The food system will be used to recharge your specific attribute (Body,Soul,Wisdom).
In this way you can easily follow the interval and items can eventually support it.

Creeps will always have an automatic upgrade each xx duration in order to keep up with the heroes their stats.

Level 2
I dunno if this has been discussed, but Flame_Phoenix told me about the system you're trying to put about "Super Ultimates" with soul points for each hero, or so he told me... I figured the idea very appealing and an Interesting mechanic to have. He did say that the name was yet not decided for that system however...

What I meant to suggest was the name that rang in my head when I heard of that system.. "Heroic Stances" is what came to mind. So each hero has their 4 skills and 1 "Heroic Stance" bought with those soul points.

What do you guys think, does it sound wierd?

Level 2
I suppose the what he means is that the creeps will grow stronger automatically as in their stats, while the resources can be used to upgrade the ability they they use.

As for the don't have to concentrate on your own creep thing, I think it is ok as the caravan will not always be there, and if it's triggered by the "low hp tower" event, it is likely to be in the same lane that the opposite side is pushing and you have to defend that lane anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

About the recharge your specific attribute I'm not sure what your idea is, but I was assuming it is for some kind of special you can use besides the 4 skills.

As for buying mercenaries or casting spells with reputation, those should better be good ones as upgrades are permanent and mercenaries/spells are one time only. I think it would make more sense if it was like "unlocking" spells that could be used every n second or permanently adding new unit to every time the creep spawns.

Anyway I also like the idea that the towers could be upgraded, or maybe make it so there could be those mini tower items so there is an option of rebuilding a tower after it is destroyed or even put a tower in the previous spot where the enemy tower was. The only thing is that if this is the case there would be a change to the terrain as it has to be made so that there won't be a tower spam.

Level 19
I think adding caravans in the normal mode is not a good thing.
People have to focus on so many things that the game becomes no fun anymore.
Caravans are out in the normal mode however we could add a special mode for it.

Creeps will be automatically updated through xx duration without anything else.

And making it able to build different towers will not be included. Remember, its a fast paced game and not a strategy game conquering spot by spot.

Oh and Otaku Dash, Heroic Stances just sounds awesome to replace the current name "attributes".
We will use it!

--EDIT--

We still need a name for the two forces!
Please give suggestions as we really need to start creating their base soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.