• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruitment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Greetings everyone.

This thread is made for people wanting to help us in the project and eventually join our team.
We have a lot of awesome people in our team with various skills.
However, we still may miss a few skills and that's why I made up this one thread.

We are currently searching for:
- Vjassers
- Master GUI (hero spells only)

Last edited:
Level 8
For even the most simple spell theyd still have to be able to call user funtions from your main vJass systems, and even though most of so called "GUI Masters" probably know how to use custom script, I still think that it would be quite hard for most of them.

For even the most simple spell theyd still have to be able to call user funtions from your main vJass systems, and even though most of so called "GUI Masters" probably know how to use custom script, I still think that it would be quite hard for most of them.
I agree.

Even the most basic thing as the arrow that an archer shoots will require the projectile system made by Anacrhon.
One of the things that scares me the most is that we will have to simulate all ranged attacks, from both units and buildings in order to use projectiles from the system.
Your GUI masters will most likely be overwhelmed.

If you need help count on me, however I will only be able to code in summer, when I am on vacation.

I am already starting the CustomAttack engine which uses an optional link to CustomMissile to be able to trigger perfect attacks. You will mostly be surprised what it allows you to do, only a few hints:

IsUnitAttacking(theUnit) returns a boolean whether an unit is attacking or not.
IsUnitAttacked(theUnit) returns a boolean whether an unit is under attack or not.
Use missileHitEvents to connect it with your attackengine.
Trigger your own dodgeengine with CustomAttack which is more realistic as wc3s one.
And much more.

Level 8
Actually those are possible without attack engine too. Theres a spell that incereases units armor by X * number of units attacking it, in some AoS in TheHelper.

Also theres this one spell called One Against Many, in ToB, which works in pretty same way, expect it just gives more evasion chance, the more units are attacking you.

Theres a spell that incereases units armor by X * number of units attacking it, in some AoS in TheHelper.
Also theres this one spell called One Against Many, in ToB, which works in pretty same way, expect it just gives more evasion chance, the more units are attacking to you.
Scripted

Well I did not literally mean nobody did them, but it will mostly surprise people how easy this stuff will be to use.

Level 8
Yep.

Custom attack system does have some cool possibilities, though. ( That one guy posted some damn good ideas to your thread. )

Id just like to know, how are you gonna do that attack panel thingy in UI. Even if you decide to get rid of it, you still gotta add some nice UI element for players to find out current attack damage, speed and type.

Status
Not open for further replies.