• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
If you have some proper buff and healing systems, you can pretty easily reward players from buffing/debuffing and healing.

And from dealing damage ofc.

edit.

You could make a team to receive a static amount of gold that is distributed between team members, ( Gold caravan ) as well as make some of both dead allied and enemy troops to drop some gold coins or other personal items when they die, so you can do some nice pillage stuff for money.

If you wanna achieve this 2 factions at war feeling, the team should not receive more gold from the faction than the faction has. ( From the gold caravan, for example. )

edit2. There should be some reward from hero killing, though. ( Something like Blood in ToB. )

Dont know yet what it could be, but it some "reputation" or "honor" stuff might work. Something that aint physical stuff, because those should be limited and brought by caravans. ( At least thats how I would do it. )

Mmmm something like "War Titles" maybe? It could be nice =)

- Examples -

Borealis ("Human"?) : Peasant -> Squire -> Knight -> Crusader -> Paladin

Australis ("Orcs"?) : Peon -> Grunt -> Skirmisher -> Bezerker -> Warchief

Again these are examples... they would be given according to battle veterancy/Outcome. Then again what would the do as a reward.... just being titles? =S Special buffs maybe?

One thing it could be linked to would be would be the system I heard about of "Super Ultimates"... I think it was discussed lightly before.... the one with fallen enemy souls and what not. They could be a way to access a "tier" of those powers... being on higher rank you would access more powerful "Super ultimates" than if you were low level.

Then again they might aswell just be titles, period... it's up to you guys and Xarwin.

Flame -> I'll check it out when i have time then :)

The buff / debuff idea is simply genious. I don't agree with the other ideas however since there will be no such thing as "last hit".

Dash: I love the title ideas. I had them in my map as well. This way the team knows who is the MVP and the enemy knows that as well, thus making the game more instering. Showing such data on a multiboard would be even better :p

Level 2
How about... You can buy\get better weapons the higher your rank is? Or perhaps you get discounts for items if you reach higher ranks.

I disapprove this due to the fact that with this system less experienced players will tend to get killed/ganked much and that their rank will not raise while boosting the other players rank later... wich makes you unable to get better weapons that they do, or have harder time recovering by trying to farm/alternative ways while they get discounts... after that it's just a simple leap to feedfeast on that one player and ruin the experience for the whole team.

Again, like Viikuna said, items and physical things should stay to caravans and general farm/killing opposite faction heroes.

Level 8
Id also like to see somekind of ability system. I know that cooldown is kinda hard to change, without generating tons of dummy abilities, and even if mana cost can be triggered, you cant have dynamic tooltips for showing it, but some more ability control would be cool.

So any of you has any ideas?

Manipulating abilitys level would be cool. It would be nice to have some weakening spell that reduces levels of enemys abilities for a duration, or possibly some counter magic thingy that reduces level of spell casted on you.

Just an idea.

I know that cooldown is kinda hard to change,
Not really, there is a native that resets all cooldowns of abilities.
If, however, you mean "changing the coldown cost" of the spell, then I agree it is boring to create dezens of dummy abilities, but it is not impossible. In my project I had an ability with 100 levels and with different tooltips. There are tools that help you do this kind of job, and to be honest, I kinda like dynamic cooldowns :D

You could use the object editor tools in Wc3c, but I am not sure if it is a good idea since I never used them myself.

Manipulating abilitys level would be cool. It would be nice to have some weakening spell that reduces levels of enemys abilities for a duration, or possibly some counter magic thingy that reduces level of spell casted on you.
I agree, and I love the idea.However, what if the enemy has the ability in lv1 ? It gets removed? and what if the enemy has no abilities ? It does nothing?
An idea worth exploring.

Level 8
Generating objects is not really a problem, if you have some tools for it. Tides of Blood guys generated tens of thousands item types in order to achieve this, and it works just fine, thanks to Widgetizer. ( Otherwise that amount of object data would kill any map. )

Mana cost could easily be triggred. I just dont really know how to nicely display ability mana cost then, because you cant eduit tooltips dynamically.

But yea. Wc3 has horrible little control over abilities and especially UI elemens. I just hope that they dont repeat their mistakes with sc2, however Im pretty sure that they do, sadly.

Level 8
Yea, GMSI is cool. I havent forced myself to learn any gsl yet, ( Because Im kinda out of the game now, cant really mod before summer ) but it should be quite powerful tool for stuff like this.

Level 7
That's a hero arena.
This is an AoS.

Oh, my bad.

Id also like to see somekind of ability system. I know that cooldown is kinda hard to change, without generating tons of dummy abilities, and even if mana cost can be triggered, you cant have dynamic tooltips for showing it, but some more ability control would be cool.

So any of you has any ideas?

Just an idea.

Viikuna, this idea is BRILLIANT! In my opinion, It's like "One of a kind" and pretty original. This Idea of something like a weakening spell that reduces a level of some enemy's ability for a duration would be like a refresh for the Modern War3 player.

Level 11
First of, don't double post. Use Edit button.
Second, a any kill steal system id being developed to combat the kill stealing. So don't worry about that.
As for weapon upgrades, I don't understand what you mean. What weapons? Creeps or heroes or...?

Level 7
I think he meanth the upgrades for items, it could be kinda cool to have a "train" option. Like, to master using a weapon kind of system. To have a building called "Dojo" in where for money you can master some kind of weapon. I always thought in DotA it would be good to have more levels of some items, (well, you have of some, but not the "great" ones) like the Butterfly or Buriza (it's how I call it, i think it's called buriza do canyon something...).

Level 5
what i actually meant was for weapon items of heroes and creep weapons (upgrades adds attachements) so they kind of look cooler and game can last longer

I think he meanth the upgrades for items, it could be kinda cool to have a "train" option. Like, to master using a weapon kind of system. To have a building called "Dojo" in where for money you can master some kind of weapon. I always thought in DotA it would be good to have more levels of some items, (well, you have of some, but not the "great" ones) like the Butterfly or Buriza (it's how I call it, i think it's called buriza do canyon something...).

That kind of sounds good what i was thinking was like scrolls of upgrades
like if you have butterfly and you buy a scroll upgrade it will be butterfly+1 etc.

Level 25
But I always disliked the fact in dota that in lategame heroes are everything.

I think a system that provides +ability power would make the game more unique(like in League of Legends, where "inteligence" heroes can really play well even in late game).

Sorry for throwing out LoL ideas, but i think the ability power system in LoL is perfect for AoS games.

Level 7
But I always disliked the fact in dota that in lategame heroes are everything.

Yes, just like that. If you don't have a good start, Some guy pawns you once, then he pawns all the other players. He goes 10 levels in front of you, and there's no f***ing way to beat him. That sucks.
It shouldn't be like: "You are fucked when he's like 5 levels stronger. You can't come back to fight him."
It could be more like: "5 levels higher? Go kill some neutral creeps, get money, power up your weapons, go maybe a level up, and go fight him. Beat him. Pawn him. You're happy."
It should be just like that.

It could be more like: "5 levels higher? Go kill some neutral creeps, get money, power up your weapons, go maybe a level up, and go fight him. Beat him. Pawn him. You're happy."
It should be just like that.
This is just the way Dota works. If at first you don't succeed, then spend the rest of the game getting OP items to pawn an enemy.
This should not happen IMO. If you want to get back at heroes, you should be able to do it in a variety of way (denning his gold caravans, slowing his revivals once he gets up or even improving your creeps faster).

Level 7
To level up faster in DotA you must kill the enemy heroes. It's a little disapointing that, in DotA you don't have bosses (exept Roshan, a weak one). It would be good to have more bosses. Why not have like 3 or 4 of them all around the map placed? Hidden? Or like you need to buy a certain item and go to a certain spot to summon him and fight him? And he levels you up like 1 or 2 levels? That's would be like really good.
And now about the "roads". In DotA you got 3 of them: one up of the map, one down, and one in the middle. Why not make more o'them? like 4 or 5, to make the map even harder. And, by the way, how many players can play this map at once?

This is just the way Dota works. If at first you don't succeed, then spend the rest of the game getting OP items to pawn an enemy.
This should not happen IMO. If you want to get back at heroes, you should be able to do it in a variety of way (denning his gold caravans, slowing his revivals once he gets up or even improving your creeps faster).

Yeah, just like that.It would be cool to have items that are like traps, that trigger when one enemy does something while standing on them. Whatever you plan to add in this map, you should have some variety of attacks (plans).

Last edited:
Yeah, just like that.It would be cool to have items that are like traps, that trigger when one enemy does something while standing on them. Whatever you plan to add in this map, you should have some variety of attacks (plans).

Trap items ? That sounds pretty awesome if you ask me. The problem with items now is that WE HAVE NO ATTRIBUTE SYSTEM DEFINED, so we (or at least I) can't make proper items for the heroes.

To level up faster in DotA you must kill the enemy heroes. It's a little disapointing that, in DotA you don't have bosses
This is an AOS. Your objective is to attack and destroy an enemy base / fortification, not to spend the entire game on a jungle killing creeps and bosses so you can have OP items and upgrades. IMO, bosses make absolute no sense in this type of games. This is why I agree with tons of ideas from Viicuna, they add everything that's necessary for an interesting tactical game.
As for roads (the real name is "lanes" btw) I also think that having more than 3 would be a good idea ... however doing that would require a bigger map and a bigger terrain, thus stealing precious space for other things (such as creep camps, relics and other ideas).
It is still a good idea though.
^ what about reading info about the map first? thanks...
Who are you talking to again!?

Level 7
Trap items ? That sounds pretty awesome if you ask me. The problem with items now is that WE HAVE NO ATTRIBUTE SYSTEM DEFINED, so we (or at least I) can't make proper items for the heroes.

This is an AOS. Your objective is to attack and destroy an enemy base / fortification, not to spend the entire game on a jungle killing creeps and bosses so you can have OP items and upgrades. IMO, bosses make absolute no sense in this type of games. This is why I agree with tons of ideas from Viicuna, they add everything that's necessary for an interesting tactical game.
As for roads (the real name is "lanes" btw) I also think that having more than 3 would be a good idea ... however doing that would require a bigger map and a bigger terrain, thus stealing precious space for other things (such as creep camps, relics and other ideas).
It is still a good idea though.

Who are you talking to again!?

I think he was talking to me :p I was asking how many players can play this map at once...

Level 7
about the number of lanes...

i think that more of you should read it...

About the trap items...that wouldnt be that bad if we made a limit for them or made places where you cannot put them...

Yes, I mean... It would be stupid to add them around your own fortification/base. You should be able to add them to some points of the map (more than 50 % is enough), like around the level 1,2,3 tower/defensive building. Somewhere around the rivers (it could be really great if you could buy something looking like a rune (that weakens you), take a rune from the map, and place the Trap (rune) on the spot where you took the rune. When an enemy tries to take it (let's say double damage), instead of double damage, he gets weakened by the half of his damage. Millions of frustration for the enemy, for you not... I'm evil :mwahaha:

and btw... It should be good if your allies (players on your team) could see that that is a trap, the enemy not.

i think that more of you should read it...
I think you should learn how to interpret comments before making half-assed judgements about them.I said it would be a nice idea to have more than 3, I didn't say the project was not going to have more than 3.Afaik there may be added even more lanes for other tasks you are not familiar with.
About the trap items...that wouldnt be that bad if we made a limit for them or made places where you cannot put them...
If you need to restrict the number of traps you can buy then it means the project is poorly balanced. They should not be limited. If you want balance then do it using the amount of gold each trap costs. If they are expensive the players won't be able to spam them.
As for the places, it kinda depends... I don't see why you shouldn't be able to trap a creep camp or even a relic place to prevent the enemy from reaching it safely or even to know when an enemy is there.

Level 7
Well, I was thinking about this a long time, so, gonna finally post it. Why don't we instead of the icons for the heroes we use right now use the avatars of the specific user?
Example: instead of my hero's mage icon, I could use something like this:

CO_onward_11-05-91.jpg

Level 5
or you can make the traps have cooldown:
you buy one and the shop have 0 traps left so you gotta wait till it charges... or you buy X trap but it have cooldown because you recently used another trap so you gotta wait till you can use a trap again.

Level 7
Hmm, Aren't we supposed to be the genial warcraft 3 community THW? Come on, more ideas plz! I can't think of something right now, since I don't know if someone posted in here something like that or just we have too much good ideas there r no good ideas left to give :p

Level 5
What about names of units? If you ever can't think of anything, who wouldn't want a unit to be named after them? :D

Level 15
I was looking at the accepted heros thread and noticed that almost all of you'r heroes are offensive and dps-based. The only real support hero was Jarets (there were a few others that were semi-supportive I guess).

One thing alot of AoS maps fail at is different hero styles. My suggestion would be to implement heroes that focus on healing their allies OR heroes that don't do much damage themselves but have alot of slows, stuns, or other de-buffs that they can use to help set-up enemies OR heroes that mainly buff their teammates (give more spell damage to friendlies, or make them gain gold faster, or have an aura that improves other aura's it comes in contact with). Remember synergy and balance are everything in an AoS and adding extra hero styles would go a long way towards making the game more fun, advanced, unique, and difficult to master.

I don't know, just a thought I had. The project is looking great so far and I wish you luck on it. I look foward to its release ^-^

Level 19
I understand what you mean.
It is a great idea, though it doesn't fit in the current scenario for the map.
This map its purpose is having heroes made by members, these heroes represent the member in the map. So if anyone likes himself offensive/defensive it'd be like that.
(Now you actually know how aggressive hive really is ;P)

Level 38
Carry heroes are also just plain funner to use, though I think a big part of that is how well they are rewarded for doing so by the game mechanics.

That gave me an idea with the reputation/lumber resource discussed earlier in this thread. Perhaps gold could still be awarded in much the same way it already is, through slaying heros and creeps and all around being aggresive and offensive.

Inversely, reputation could be awarded solely through supportive and defensive rolls. Absorbing damage, healing, placing buffs on allies, protecting caravans, etc. In that way the two separate currencies could aid heroes in acquiring the items they need. One problem with playing a support roll hero is that it is not only harder to acquire gold, but items always boost health, armor, regeneration, and any other sort of defensive measure with a flat bonus. A hero that only has 500 health stands to gain a lot more from an item that boosts health by 500 than one that has 2000 health.

If gold was only awarded through offensive action and lumber/reputation through defensive action, it would allow offensive items to be more affordable to offensive characters and defensive items more affordable for support roll heroes.

Level 10
... Why not make it for every blow you do to the enemy you get like +5 gold or something? Well, it would be a great idea to have some kind of motivate/raise moral system, the more units/creeps/heroes you go with to attack the enemy, the stronger your hero becomes. (Example: 5 creeps and 1 hero, your hero gets 10+ in attack, 3+ in defense, 150+ in HP.)

WOW, and this is one thing I was thinking about the whole time, but it wasn't really... anything serious. There could be neutral units that are called like Trollers and Flamers... THAT WOULD BE AWESOMENALISTICSAUSEMAJISTIC!

Level 17
Everytime you die, you lose a percentage of your hero's life and/or mana that makes the game harder.
You may think this is a bitch, but it's actually seperating the noobs from the pros so people become way better and start loving the game now they don't die :D

Status
Not open for further replies.