• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Iceborn

Which of the following options would be the most enjoyable for you?

• Long gameplay.

Votes: 38 22.4%
  • Complex ability interaction with each other.

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Abundance of ability special effects.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Astonishing feel and atmosphere, also a great storyline to follow.

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • More events where mind is put to the test and less of hack'n'slash.

Votes: 25 14.7%
  • Something else. (I would be thankful to be informed about it)

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
nah. This done voluntarily and not for a request or some sort. It's not appropriate to include it's done by me anyway. :) plus as a personal preference, I never did like to include it in my works, not to mention it isn't made entirely from scratch(the dude in the circle obviously isn't).

Roland

R

Roland

@AP: Your Project is amazing! The Terrains, the Units and the Gameplay, Outstanding! I will really Nominated your project and I will support it for sure ^^

Level 31
Thanks, Felipe. :)

Terrain update.
n61y.png

jg4.bmp

5oxo.png

Level 31
Aww. But GUI is inefficient right?
Why? I pretty much achieve everything I wish for the map, this map may not contain complex systems like custom inventories or talent tables because I try to make the game simple, also it is single player so I allow leaks.
Probably the best terrain I've ever seen from the gameplay videos.
Thank you, I appreciate it. :)

Level 16
also it is single player so I allow leaks.

No, don't do that. I've already seen single player maps lag hard, and the vastly detailed terrain doesn't help either. It doesn't take much effor to do things properly, but it can improve the map a lot. (Making the spells in JASS/vJASS would have made it even easier, and typing is actually faster than that re****ed clickfest one has to do with GUI. We also have numerous snippets to fasten the creation of spells).

No, don't do that. I've already seen single player maps lag hard, and the vastly detailed terrain doesn't help either. It doesn't take much effor to do things properly, but it can improve the map a lot. (Making the spells in JASS/vJASS would have made it even easier, and typing is actually faster than that re****ed clickfest one has to do with GUI. We also have numerous snippets to fasten the creation of spells).

Indeed. JASS has many features that aren't possible in GUI(some can't be custom script-ed) and GUI is highly inefficient.

Level 31
I understand that GUI is limited and Jass & vJass has their pros, but I have no clue how to work with it and I have no will learn that. This map is also one-man project as pretty much the rest of my maps not including requests. This may sound like a bunch of excuses though, hehe.

As for the leaks, people must do some kind of harsh mistake to cause so much lag, usually by abuse of special effects in my opinion, because I never faced lag in my final products also I haven't faced anyone complaining that lags were hard in later game. To my mind the key is not to make a mistake in coding and there would be no lags even though it slightly leaks.

And no, there will bo no beta, only final product.

Level 31
I_am_Death, have you watched all three videos? There is gameplay video with plenty of sights. :)

EDIT: I have been banned on wcunderground forum for some days by now because of an accusation of spamming even though I did not spam a message and I have been a member there for a rather long time, yet I had very little amount of posts and mainly I have been downloading resources. These resources were the core of all Iceborn's import material of high quality models and now I am cut on all of this. I tried to get account back, but I received no response from administrators, I also could not contact any moderator so far. I tried creating an account, but verification letter would not be sent.

They had a system that 15 posts are needed to be able to download, so some people spammed, I did not have to do it because I joined time ago and already had those posts, but I still was considered as a spam, because clearly a POST there means an upload of a resource and other posts are probably considered to be spam. They said all these bans are for the good of community, member activity and no more leech downloads.

I'd like to point out that the true benefit of entire warcraft modding community is shown by the number of downloads and not the number of people who post stuff that no one really use. Now wcunderground staff can enjoy 10-20 downloads per resource instead of 100-200. If I were to upload a resource, number of people who download would be more satisfying than few downloads by actively posting members, because then contribution to entire warcraft modding community would be much bigger.

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter because all this nonsense and lack of understanding towards warcraft modding community shown by wcunderground staff is very disappointing & unprofessional and it will affect the future of this project negatively. But I may not give up and I'll try my best to solve this.

Level 6
I_am_Death, have you watched all three videos? There is gameplay video with plenty of sights. :)

EDIT: I have been banned on wcunderground forum for some days by now because of an accusation of spamming even though I did not spam a message and I have been a member there for a rather long time, yet I had very little amount of posts and mainly I have been downloading resources. These resources were the core of all Iceborn's import material of high quality models and now I am cut on all of this. I tried to get account back, but I received no response from administrators, I also could not contact any moderator so far. I tried creating an account, but verification letter would not be sent.

They had a system that 15 posts are needed to be able to download, so some people spammed, I did not have to do it because I joined time ago and already had those posts, but I still was considered as a spam, because clearly a POST there means an upload of a resource and other posts are probably considered to be spam. They said all these bans are for the good of community, member activity and no more leech downloads.

I'd like to point out that the true benefit of entire warcraft modding community is shown by the number of downloads and not the number of people who post stuff that no one really use. Now wcunderground staff can enjoy 10-20 downloads per resource instead of 100-200. If I were to upload a resource, number of people who download would be more satisfying than few downloads by actively posting members, because then contribution to entire warcraft modding community would be much bigger.

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter because all this nonsense and lack of understanding towards warcraft modding community shown by wcunderground staff is very disappointing & unprofessional and it will affect the future of this project negatively. But I may not give up and I'll try my best to solve this.

VM me if your interested in my account.. i will allow you to use it.. since i am not banned.. in wcunderground.. also i can download models using that account so go ahead use it just VM me..

EDIT: I log in and the account is still working!

Level 14
As always, a fine project by you! Really magnificent!

My only complaint is again, the sound effects quality. While complete voice-over is a fine idea, the one that is present in the videos is quite bad and it only distracts. Also, at times there should be sound fx that are not present (e.g. that huge, slow giant moving should make, you know, the sounds that giants make when walking - earth trembling).

Good luck, I await it eagerly!

Level 31
Thanks, guys. :)

@Amargaard, I'll keep you in mind. :)

@WerBackIII, perhaps it distracts because it is too lound? I see your point, I'll see what I can do about it, thanks. :)

I am currently done with Sunken City most urgen terrain and so I may get back to this project as soon as Uni examination gonna fall from concern next week. Here are some sights from Sunken City map by SpasOrc.

Note: following pictures are not from Iceborn project
1p8r.png

4b5w.png

Level 14
Very nice as always. I always thought really good terrain can keep a player interested even during slow points in a map, but from what I've seen of your maps you have great terrain, and excellent gameplay. What more could we ask for!?

Status
Not open for further replies.