1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Role Playing Game] Kalak'a'hui - Phase 1 Version 3.10c Released [17.9.2018]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Neruvatar, Nov 4, 2016.

?

Throughout the journey to rescue the Gods, what would you like your character to do?

1. Explore regions fully

2. Solve puzzles

3. Defy the Gods

4. Switch roles between characters

5. Saving souls

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    TEST MAP P1V3 IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!

Important Notice: Map Version will be revamp into Phase and Versions. Current Test Map is P1V3 (Phase 1 Version 3).
    Phases

Phase 1 : Gateway to Hell
    First theme where the character journeys to the Gate of Hell.

Phase 2: Hellfire
    Second theme where the character embraces the culture of Hell.

Phase 3: Hellborn
    Third theme where the Gods are discovered and new revelations encircle.

Phase 4: Fire and Void
    Final theme where Hell is brought into major wars and conflicts.

[​IMG]
    Kalak'a'hui is a single player RPG started out around April 2015.
    The game focuses on exploration, adventure and a little riddle-solving and accessing secret areas. It is planned not to be a strict RPG but a trip to an infernal world where Gods, Ancients and poor soul exist.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[90%]

PROLOGUE
    [​IMG]

You play as a Rescuer to save two Gods from Kalak'a'hui, a Realm of Flames and Heat, in a typical slash and kill game.
    You gain experience by killing creeps and enhancing by collecting items.
    Items can be forged and combined with the help of an Alchemist.
    With only limited item space, you need to choose wisely to survive this world.

There are basically three regions to explore:

C O M M O N
    This place offers most of the gameplay arena with common interactions and quests to complete.

Loots can be in the form of Experience, Gold and/or Satisfaction.

S E C R E T
    This place can be accessed via uncommon ways, such as passwords, riddle-answer, puzzle solutions or state of the Hero (Attributes, Level, HP or MP).
    If you're lucky, certain Secret places offer a more robust backstory of Kalak'a'hui.

Loots can be in the form of Curse, Experience, Gold and/or Satisfaction.

L E G E N D A R Y
    This region offers generous blessings or ominous curse when you know how to interact with it.
    Merely entering this region will not have any effect on your Hero.
    The ways to interact with these Legendary places are often cryptic
    and may not even revealed to you in a usual way. Sometimes you need the help of the Internet (yes!) to help you.

Loots can be in the form of Curse, Experience, Gold and Satisfaction.

[​IMG]

Core storyline has already been established. Quests are mostly complete as of now. Date 6 June 2017

[​IMG]
    Key Characters
    H A E L E O N

Haeleon Portrait.png
    Disciple of Light, Haeleon is one of the Gods you must rescue. Haeleon compensates his poor combat skills with powerful supporting magics. He can boost your damage, armor, HP regen and heal you all the way! With careful manipulation, you can be storming through Kalak'a'hui without worrying about your health!

M I L A R O S A
    Milarosa Portrait.png
    Daughter of Eternal Nature, and may be a possible love interest of Haeleon, is a powerful Goddess. She could easily summon the powers of Nature to her bidding and binds her formidable foes with her magic. When angered, she can switch forms to allow her wrath to consume her preys. With powers of entangling, poison, and growth, she can outmatch her opponents quickly if you know when to switch forms.

E L I N A R
    Elinar Portrait.png
    War Maiden of Inix, she is a fierce disciple. Paralyzed from waist down, she could only move with her upper torso. Though limited, her weapons could prove to be lethal. When released from her master, she was only equipped with basic skills and a guardian wisp; as she grows on, she becomes a dangerous assaulter capable of bringing entire city down with only her spear.

Burning Terrain & Atmosphere
    If your Hero accidentally steps on a lava terrain, your Hero HP will drop 1% for every second you step there. Plus, there will be a Firestorm every few minutes that razes about everything non-native to Kalak'a'hui. It could be fatal in early game but annoying later on. Worse, you have flames that burns you if you get too close!

Spirit of Inixar (Guardian Wisp)
    It's like a pet/guardian system. You have a purple wisp floating around you wherever you go. When your HP runs too low, it will heal you for a significant amount. In the beginning it may seem weak, but later on, it will start damaging nearby foes and great DPS. Plus at some points, your Spirit gets an upgrade which will buff up your deceptively ordinary spells. And no, you cannot control it. It has free-will.

New Status - Satisfaction! (25 March 2017)
    Your hero has mood(swings). Being in a depressing and horrifying place, your hero will get less satisfied as time passes. But if you are able to crack the puzzle, kill some foes, eat some food (yes!) and perhaps fall in love (guess!), you get satisfied! What's with this Satisfaction thingy is, the higher the level the better the chances you get good items, low satisfaction will cause your hero to be exasperated and may run away from battles and interactions!

Items
    Unlike most RPG (I guess), Kalak'a'hui provides a handful of seemingly low level items in the beginning. When you begin to explore much of the map, more items will be available for forging! Forge your way up to enhance your item skills and when you have reached the Zenith Tier, you will be forfeited of the item abilities but grant you a powerful Spell Booster.

WALKTHROUGH

Chapter 1
    Secret: 1
    1. To gain access to the Entrance, go to the blind person called Noir to the North of where you are starting.
    2. Go to the South-West to find a very tiny plant near the rocks called Ubhat.
    3. Collect it (note this would not show in your item inventory) and go back to Noir.
    4. Slay him to get the Empty Pot.
    5. Go to the Well and use your Pot item on the Well, it would refill it.
    6. Use the Refilled Pot and douse the flames in the Firepot held by the guarding statues.
    7. Once both flames from the Firepots are doused, the Entrance would automatically open
    Hidden item: Charm of the Western Gates

If you are lucky, Noir would drop his Heart upon death. Collect it and bring it to the Statue holding a Glowing Globe. An animation would run and an item would drop!

Chapter 2
    Secret: -
    1. You now enter the forest of Suicides.
    2. Nothing much, just slay all enemies.
    3. There is a Treasure Box if you travel North. Click on it and it will dispense bonus gold.
    4. There is a Well to the West. Approach it and your wisp will fish for you
    5. Blood Crystal is there to heal you.
    6. A Galbor corpse can be destroyed by repetitively casting your first spell. Keep the item 'Stealth' for future use!
    Hidden item: Orb of Damage XVI (destroy the pus near the violet crystal to get it); Rocks and twigs (near the Well, well camouflaged!)

Chapter 3
    Secret: 2
    1. Find Jurahn
    2. After the cinematic, go look for the Alchemist in his house.
    3. Break the gates and kill all enemies to the North before the Haunted forest.
    1. If you enter Jurahn's mansion with low mana, this would initiate a very romantic cinematic with laughable and yet imaginative end-scene.
    2. Then, as Jurahn is asleep, click on his sleeping body incessantly to 'jerk off' his way to your delight (Satisfaction). Spammable too!

Video:

[​IMG]
    Special Thanks:

Click

• General Frank
    • HappyTauren
    • icewolf055
    • Judash137
    • the Inferno
    • Deimos2110
    • Satreas
    • Junk
    • Shamanyouranus
    • Koshak
    • JetFangInferno
    • Kitabatake
    • Dionesiist
    • Pins
    • Sin'dorei300
    • Amigurumi
    • CreatorD3292
    • Uncle Fester
    • RightField
    • Matarael
    • Gottfrei
    • eubz
    • Mr Yagyu
    • Dimbasik
    • blood raven
    • SuPa-
    • Champara Bros
    • Alchemist
    • Power
    • Tirlititi
    • Callahan
    • Nikikin
    • Sliph-M
    • Fingolfin
    • Bisnar13
    • Tranquil
    • KAIL333XZ
    • Hate

[​IMG]
    • tv1.00a0 - First test map launched
    • tv1.00a1 - Fixed several errors (statue status, item drops, bonus secrets, enabled Jhar'a'hui sequence
    • P1V3.00a - Renewed release
    • P1V3.01a - Accidental mistake eradicated
    • P1V3.10a - Better tool tips, abilities and visuals.
    • P1V3.10b - Amended wrong tooltips, abilities arrangement, wrong trigger
    • P1V3.10c - Mermaid spell forgot to nerf

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
    Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    A very interesting RPG map I must say. The features of the game shows promise, the interactive environment that is. I like that the environment around you affects the whole state of your hero. The puzzle looks interesting as well.

The terrain screenshot are great. You pretty much utilized the basic warcraft terraining set very well without using much custom doodads and props models. The lighting looks fairly amazing as well. Just a bit of decoration and props around and it's good to go.

So far, I wish you luck on the project. It's good to see projects like this!

3. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks @Hell_Master ! Your words have greatly motivated me. I will update this post at least weekly. Would be glad if you can contribute some ideas for my map too!

4. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    So far I got nothing yet. Perhaps, you are planning to release some test maps? That might make it much more easier for suggestions to come in.

5. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Hell_Master , well I do have. But I plan to upload a testmap somewhere around January 2017. I'm still polishing up the core storyline and quests. Maybe once I reached 75% of completion I will upload it, or else it would feel useless to play at.

6. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This sounds really interesting!
    Subscribed! :)

7. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LOL. THanks @Rufus ... currently working as a teacher really takes up most of my time. I'm trying to get as creative as possible without losing the traditional touch of Warcraft. Quite excited and worried at the same time!

8. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Expected release March 2017.
    Hopefully.

9. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Update:
    Introduction of Shurivar, Goddess of Traitor.

Profile:
    A tricky goddess who would punish anyone who is a traitor to the Family and Country. She stands guard over the Flameshadow Desert where strong winds continuously cast over the mountain canyons over strong convection current.

She owns a pet called Fwetib, a two-headed human-dog-thing. Tell Shurivar the origin of Fwetib and you will be granted access to the inner world of Kalak'a'hui. Tell her as soon as she has asked you to find Fwetib. Use your decoding skills on why the name is FWETIB.

10. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Update:
    Summoning Beam

I still haven't thought of the use of a summoning beam. I was thinking of a demon coming through but then, why the demon is summoned? OR should I make it into a location of a quest? If yes, what quest is it? What would you like this beam to do?

I need your ideas!

PS: I haven't smoothen the rough edges. So... yeah, that's why it looks horrible now.

11. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Update (24.12.2016):
    Keeper

It's a gigantic peaceful being that roams Kalak'a'hui. Only attacks when disturbed, these Keeper seems to hold a secret that is so devastating it might burn your mind. Your instruction here is to kill it before the secret unleashes. Will you?

*Hivers, you may post any ideas you want in the map and I'll try to incorporate them*
    :D

[​IMG]

Update (25.12.2016):
    Ingame Mode

Here, Elinar stumbles into a dangerous complex, not knowing what she could unleash when she overstayed Kalak'a'hui's welcome.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  12. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Another WIP: Creating a story arc for the Keepers
    [​IMG]
    An immortal corpse of a Keeper near a fiery post. Why? What had actually happened?

13. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Update 1.1.2017

Happy New Year!!! To celebrate, Kalak'a'hui introduces the Organ of Meletha! Created amongst the Divine Instruments, this Organ soothes the souls and flesh! But really, who's the headless organist there?

PS: the Organ plays itself when you approaches! The music is ...... oops, I can't tell!

14. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Interesting indeed, will keep watching.

15. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I've been refining the map since December, bear with me! Will upload more images (without spoiling it, I hope!)!

16. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey guys! It's been a while, I know. I've been busy for some months, well here it is, my next WIP.

Before that, I was asked why set up a poll for my map, and my answer is, your vote counts! Let's break that up a lil:

Explore regions fully (55.6%)
    Now, most of the C O M M O N regions are set up, except for those side quests, which I'm still struggling to create to prevent lost of coherence to the story. S E C R E T regions are laid up fully. Let's say there's a creature so cute you wanna burst it with lightning if you manage to unlock it! (Got a guess?). Well today I'm going to put up one of the L E G E N D A R Y places now, the Silvertree of Kalak. You can only access to it by cracking a S E C R E T place, and solving a puzzle posed by its guardians

Solve puzzles (38.9%)
    What can I say? It's the most headache part. I am trying to design a variety of puzzles, but I needed time. Look out for the dead Keepers! Their dead bodies carry certain treasures for solving puzzles! Well, since the percentage is 38.9%, most of the quests doesn't involve puzzles, but merely completing chores.
    Vote this more for me to add more spice!

Defy the Gods (50.0%)
    Tsk tsk tsk. Let's just say there's a slight chance you have to *ahem* to get what you need to cross the hostile lands of Kalak'a'hui. I'm not revealing here!

Switch roles between characters (5.6%)
    Yes, there is! There's a Guardian in the Haunted Forest called Axcek. Type "play Axcek" and you will be granted a limited time to control Axcek, a powerful guardian preventing any beings from harming the forest. Axcek also provides a background story on how souls evolved through time. Talk to him more!

Saving souls (11.1%)
    Click a soul and it changes into a black crow that flies to the South. The more souls you save, the better your chances are against bosses. Killing an organic unit doesn't count as saving, instead it goes into your soul counter. This is vital for certain quests.

OK, nuff said. Here's couple of screenshots of Silvertree of Kalak

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Near the Northwest corner, there is a sanctuary set up by a fierce Acolyte of the Moon with his Lunar Stag. This is a L E G E N D A R Y place where you can access only by a special transport. Notice the snowy terrain size with the remaining pictures

VOTE MORE BEFORE MY MAP COMPLETES!

17. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    No no. No, no, no. The path called Jahan Pass is littered with corpses and hanging souls. These poor souls couldn't find a way out and ended their lives before their souls wither. Sad, isn't it?

18. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy crap, that's looking grim :(.

19. Neruvatar

Neruvatar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    LOL. Yeah, Jahan Pass literally wears out the emotion of our hero(ine). If she can venture fast enough, she can make it through. True, emotions now affect the following:
    1) Item drop chance
    2) Item drop quality
    3) Reward
    4) Armour, AS, MS, damage, HP regen and MP regen!

Watch out for more!

20. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    damn screenshot look so badass!! and that lasf gif so creepy +.+ Subscribed