• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Kalak'a'hui - Phase 1 Version 3.10c Released [17.9.2018]

Throughout the journey to rescue the Gods, what would you like your character to do?

• Explore regions fully

• Solve puzzles

• Defy the Gods

• Switch roles between characters

• Saving souls

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This is quite interesting subject. Do you know XGM.guru WarCraft 3 MODding web-site? I can help you with searching for another ripped WoW models.

Hey Nosferoh! Thanks for that! Is it possible I reduce the use of ripped models? Yes, I'm looking for some models, but I do not wish to have a ripped model. =). Could you help? Many thanks!

So no release date yet?

As of now, no. =(. I plan to release test map around Halloween, but before that I need someone to clear up my cluttered triggers. The map will come in 2 versions, which I'm not sure which to upload. But if everything goes well, I intend to post it around Christmas!

Level 3
A mortal one who tries to rescue the god. "Me liek tiz!"
Hey Nosferoh! Thanks for that! Is it possible I reduce the use of ripped models? Yes, I'm looking for some models, but I do not wish to have a ripped model. =). Could you help? Many thanks!
I can help to search models and modifying them in some cases. In example from russian WC 3 modding communities. IMHO it is easier to get help from one who knows some language than get a headache with on-line translators. You are welcome to write PM.

Level 11
A mortal one who tries to rescue the god. "Me liek tiz!"

I can help to search models and modifying them in some cases. In example from russian WC 3 modding communities. IMHO it is easier to get help from one who knows some language than get a headache with on-line translators. You are welcome to write PM.

I hope the character development is not that... bland. Well, I'm trying hard to work things out. Sure, if it's a good working model, I might use it!

Level 11
====================WIP====================
full

Screenshot of one of the hidden quests.

The man next to the flaming enchanted statue, is transfixed to the monument, doomed. Though inactive, you may interact with him to learn why he is like so. He will only answer cryptically. You have to cure his... condition. If you really do, you are awarded handsomely.

I have finished the Suzara & Sui'iri part cinematics and gameplay, but Aerinies proved to be a challenge for me for some technical reasons, especially on balancing, so I have to pause my progress on Aerinies until I get a fresh idea on how to complete it. Meanwhile, I've established the lair of Mantiscorpus Leo. I will post the screenies once I'm done.

So far, with teaching, marking and auditing at hand, I barely touch any doodads this week. It's mother's day too. *sigh*. Now I know why APproject cannot proceed his work that smoothly. I need hours of concentration and ideas. I'm starting to fall off and fall short. Is this sort of a Writer's Block? The moment where you can't go further until something kicks in?

Well, enough said, I hope this screenie can cure your pseudo-addiction to Kalak'a'hui.

PS, I have created a blog to put my lore there. Look out for it for more background stories! Here: World of K'os

HELP.

().()
(._.)
(^^)o

Level 11
Damn busy week, sorry guys for the late update. I've been testing things here and there for the past weekend, so not much of a screenie, except this:

ob_58d7da_palace-of-dyx.png

The Palace of Dyx

It's a house to dreaded female executors. With two chambers, it's enough to wreak horror across the lands, even the wandering souls dare not venture too close. Enter only when your HP and damage is high for the females in there will not show any mercy upon any intruders, let alone you have the mighty quest of saving the Gods.

Oh yeah, before I forgot, I was testing a puzzle, you see, it's a homage to WOW. I didn't really play WOW, but I saw one of the puzzles and I thought "yeah, why not?". I've incorporated the puzzle in there, but with a little twist. I will reveal soon, but not now, cuz things are still in its infancy, and I have a question:

If I want a trigger to check whether all the units in the same region are of the same type and grants items for this, how would my trigger look like? To refine a little, my units are constantly morphing. If all units are morphed into the same type, items will be dropped for my hero(ine).

Help?

PS: Blog updated with the post of the Palace of Dyx. Click here: World of K'os
PPS: I will look for a better blog next time, but for the time being, I'm just lazy.

Level 11
Alright, I'm late.
This is the next weekly WIP for you guys.
ob_238222_globus.png

Jhar'a'hui, Ash of the Star
Sorry for the low definition, my computer isn't new so bear with me.
I've been working on this location for so long. It's tedious work for me, but no, it's not complicated. It's another minigame where you must ignite the star inside. If you are quick enough, the dead star would erupt and shine bright once again.

Jhar'a'hui is actually created to prevent the flames of Kalak'a'hui from dying out one day. The engineer Narhoteth captured one of the stars from Eye of Kalak and brought it in the fiery crater shown here. Numerous efforts have been done to ignite the star but it seems all in vain.

As the player, you will make a choice of leaving it dead or igniting it, and both grant you different bonuses.

I'm working on another location as well. Hope this serves me and you well. I am rushing against deadline and hope that a CLEAN version of this demo map can release in a month or two. Why CLEAN, you ask? Well, let's say Hell (Kalak'a'hui) has a lot to offer, especially punishments. There are a couple of instances that the scenario is NOT suitable for minors, and one such has included nudity (it only appears a couple of seconds). If the Hive community do NOT wish this in a map, then I will only upload the CLEAN version. Nonetheless I keep both versions!

Tell me what you think!

Level 11
Nice work, some really good lore there
+rep

Unfortunately, the map doesn't support so much backstory. Instead I have to keep all the lore on my blog for reference and future development. So far I have 4 ideas in the future (if I have time to work things out):

1) Rise of the Naga (completely new lore from Warcraft, a spin-off sequel)
2) Tragedy of Axcek's Exodus (about a race of tree ents escaping from the Flames of Kalak'a'hui, a spin-off prequel)
3) Narhoteth and the Three Prophecies (how Jhar'a'hui idea is mooted and how Narhoteth suffered from the prophecies, a spin-off prequel)
4) Reign of Flames (direct sequel to Kalak'a'hui)

Anyhow, let's focus on Kalak'a'hui first!

Reactions: Rem
Level 11
Hey there! WIP coming up!
This week has been a hectic week for me to design this game since it's holidays for me for 2 weeks. I have finally started designing the final climactic sequence and I hope I can complete it by the end of this Saturday! If that's the case I can release a demo map end of June! Great news isn't it?

For those who wishes to have a pre-demo map, you may leave a reply here. And I wonder how do you attach map files on forum posts?

Well without much further ado, I present to you a redesigned place: Urobakka, Eye of the Four Winds!

ob_a1ddf0_eye-of-the-four-winds.png
Previously this place was a plateau where a dragon rests in the middle, but I sort of feel that dragons don't quite blend well with hellish theme, so I placed Urobakka instead! Prophetic and may be abused to provide cryptic clues for your next quest!

I've got my inspiration from Hell
I've read his books and he's fantastic!
barlowe_watchtower.jpg

This is the Watchtower

More story about my World can be found in World of K'os , just remember to check it out every week because I update it weekly! Oh, someone was also fascinated with Infernoids post!

Have fun and remember to vote more! My story is coming to a closing!

Level 11
That's some dark stuff
Not dark enough though. I wish the contrast is much starker. I will learn as I go!

That's some extreme art right there. Disturbingly so.
You mean the Watchtower where I've gotten my inspiration from? Yeah, you should read that up.

Guys, I will be offline till Sunday, so my WIP will be a little late this time round. But nonetheless, let me update you on what's been going on:

1) Created loading screen and map preview (pffft!)

2) Established a scene where your hero is locked but you are to slay your opponent by clicking on Blood Fountains which will shoot Chain Lightning at random target. If the Blood Fountains are hit by the C. Lightning, they will cast again. Screenshot your most beautiful pattern formed from this!

3) Created a Beast Fight (Lotushead Minotaur).

4) Created a serene scene for you to feed the fish (because fishing is too mainstream in RPG maps LOL). The fish will dash for your food but if the food depletes, they dash for you! Oops!

5) Created a closing cinematic sequence for different endings (with music too!)

6) Remodified the minigame where a lavafish is tasked with fetching a serious item

7) Established a THIRD player in the game (You are the first player, all other enemies are the second player)

8) Established final sequence for the Quest but damn, the main antagonist walks too slow! Need time to adjust it!

Phew! These are the stuffs I've done since Monday!

PS: How do you attach map files on forum posts? Cuz my pre-pre-Alpha demo map is coming up!

Level 11
Your campaign has really awesome lore, I just think its getting progressively too dark

Hey, hey, hey! Well, it's NOT exactly a campaign, tbh. It's just a simple hack-and-slash weak RPG (weak as in, items don't play a crucial role). I don't know whether getting too dark is wrong, but so far, in my opinion, the map is fine. You have fun minigames to play with, some requires brain and some brawn.... and some by pure chance.

It is more... erm, Warcraft-ish, really. There's no horror element, or brutal element, or dark magic sort of things. Just an honest adventure through Hell-theme place. Compare to many superb mapmakers, mine... is fragile and loose. HAHA.

I hope the Hive likes it. But I am WORRIED about the nude scene. It can only be access with a certain trigger, if not it will not show. Nonetheless, will it be allowed?

Level 16
Just post a warning that there will be nude scenes, I don't think hive will ban it, if anything you can make two versions; one with the scenes and one without if its not too much work to do.

Level 11
Hello Hive! It's been many days since the last update. Damn, schedule is getting tighter and somehow I don't have the mood and time to finish off the climactic sequence. There are so many fine details needed to add in there.

Just post a warning that there will be nude scenes, I don't think hive will ban it, if anything you can make two versions; one with the scenes and one without if its not too much work to do.
Hmm, I need time for separating two. Argh. Hopefully I can still make it.

I support your project mate, infact I think your lore is excellent, I just wish the map wasn't so dark :)
It's a map of Hell (or something similar to) So far, nothing violent and dark has happened, but I planned to add in a sacrifice ritual there. Confirmed or not? Well I can't say.

WIP here:
Conversation of Flames
full
It is one of the Wonders in Kalak'a'hui. It unlocks a secret pathway when you know how the flames converse! Note that the lava terrain cannot be stepped on. It decreases your Hero's health by 1% per second. It applies to any lava terrain throughout the map.

I have started to list down the things I have yet to finish and it is staggering:

SUBJECT
EPISODE TYPEDETAILS

Final climactic sequence
PursuitYou have to run away from a chasing antagonist and may face challenges as you run

Terror of Baellarum
Race-against-timeKill Baellarum before the timer runs out

Revenants of the Heart
Puzzle-solvingCombine all pieces of clues to find out the answer to the mystery

Suzara and her Servants
BetrayalOne of your allies will betray you. You must finish it fast or more will come to aid the Betrayer!

Prison Defense
TDPrevent beasts from rampaging a prison

Feast of the Hunger
Resource ManagementYou will trade Strength points for Satisfaction points

Of course, there are issues with balancing.

The poll will close in August. Please VOTE. You can still change the plot!

Last edited:
Level 11
Looks really nice, looking forward to play this.
Nice to hear that from you! I wish I have more supporters and interested people. They do drive me forward!

OK, I have buried my head to create this scene, but the abilities are lacking.

full

This is the Lotushead Minotaur, his theme is more of crystal, flower and flame.

Powered by the 'Frozen Fyre', the Lotushead proved to be formidable. The Fyres channel energies to the Lotushead abilities, uniquely. When he gets into frenzy rage, he will burst into flames and deal high damage, and reduces all incoming damage to only a fraction of it, but at the same time losing all spells. The Lotushead often guards a key place. So, it's up to you to find out what's he protecting.

There are few Fyre that can be destroyed and will drop a shard for your hero. Collect the shard and you will receive a handsome surprise to kill the Lotushead

Level 12
Interesting, you have tons of lore that relatives to the map and its characters, really awesome for just a single map game, have you thought of maybe making a campaign? Also really good work with making all the various elements fit together into your map, I don't see lots of people doing this with as much skill as you do, overall great job!

Level 11
Interesting, you have tons of lore that relatives to the map and its characters, really awesome for just a single map game, have you thought of maybe making a campaign? Also really good work with making all the various elements fit together into your map, I don't see lots of people doing this with as much skill as you do, overall great job!

Yes, as I go on designing my map, I feel it's a pity it's not a campaign. But when I think about it, the campaign may only have the MOST five chapters, which, I could say, is lacking. I have considered this possibility, though, seriously. And another (unforgivable) reason is, I don't know how to make a campaign. I am pretty weak at managing triggers, especially storing things into ... handle? I forgot what's it.

Gee, thanks for the compliments! I see a lack of hell-related map on Hive (or perhaps other site as well?) and I feel that, I should create one, build a world on it. But, unfortunately, there isn't enough grotesque models/doodads laying around.

And I have to apologize to whoever following my thread, I did promise to release a pre-alpha demo map, but my time was consumed last few weeks, and I have to push the date further. Sorry guys!

Level 21
^ The dwarf campaign is one of my all time favorites. The first mission gripped me instantly and the maps where large and thorough (complex) enough to make the campaign feel big, although 3 maps in total.

Level 11
There have been campaigns that consist of 3 chapters (dwarf campaign, godfall, etc.) that were really good, 5 chapters wouldnt be bad at all.

But in one setting, would it be too much to become a campaign? Well maybe in the future, because my schedule is thick with work, I don't even have time to open my WE! Sad, isn't it?

^ The dwarf campaign is one of my all time favorites. The first mission gripped me instantly and the maps where large and thorough (complex) enough to make the campaign feel big, although 3 maps in total.

WOW! Can you show me which 'dwarf campaign'? I would like to know!

Level 11

Thank you! I'll play it when I have the time!

Well, another WIP, not finished yet. Looks horrible I think.
The Bath House!
a4a909_3397986fc9a44d86b1f09858f978f48b~mv2.png
Soul Sappers bathe and swim in the thick pool of wine made from fermented blood, waiting for a greedy soul to enter from the portal. This Bath House is used to lure souls who wasted food and yet refused to give some for the starved. The other end of the Bath House lay a table filled with scrumptious food. If any soul manages to reach this table, its soul is liberated!
a4a909_aba681ca27a44ac187a9ef072adc123c~mv2.png

And yes, I'm gradually moving my official blogsite to a new blog! Check this out: Welcome to K'os | World of K'os
Yes, many of the articles have yet to be moved over, but hey, give me time yeah!

Have a good week of July!

Level 12
Looks good, I'll definitely check out the blog.

so have you thought about my idea of developing this into a campaign rather than a single map?

Level 11
Looks good, I'll definitely check out the blog.

so have you thought about my idea of developing this into a campaign rather than a single map?

I do have the intention, but sadly work has been consuming my free time lately and I hardly come up with anything on my map. Maybe for my future maps regarding the WORLD OF K'OS. But I need help for this. I am greatly unfamiliar working with campaigns.

I am constantly reminded about my pending work and yet nothing meaningful is done. This is the list that burns my brain:

SUBJECT
EPISODE TYPEDETAILS

Final climactic sequence
PursuitYou have to run away from a chasing antagonist and may face challenges as you run

Terror of Baellarum
Race-against-timeKill Baellarum before the timer runs out

Revenants of the Heart
Puzzle-solvingCombine all pieces of clues to find out the answer to the mystery

Suzara and her Servants
BetrayalOne of your allies will betray you. You must finish it fast or more will come to aid the Betrayer!

Prison Defense
TDPrevent beasts from rampaging a prison

Feast of the Hunger
Resource ManagementYou will trade Strength points for Satisfaction points

Slight WIP here, and I don't even call it significant. It's the Lotushead Minotaur. I have added lightnings erupting from the crystals and added abilities and spellwork, nothing much actually.
full

Level 11
Heyy. Well, thank you for the compliment. It's my first ever map and I am no gamer. So stuffs may not be like those awesome games. I planned to issue a demo last month but work has taken over my time. I wish I can be quicker. I am suffering a 'writer's block' as well =(. So this week may not have any screenshots.

I am now tidying up some triggers and abilities. I needed more than 8 hours a day to work with this.

Level 11
Whoa. Expectations. Heh, I'm really compelled into finishing it. I've scrapped all the basic ideas on the Lotushead Minotaur beast fight and replaced it with something of a simpler concept, but balancing it is far from over: there are a couple of items dropped by many that will increase the damage and HP of your characters (not only your hero), so I'm not sure whether the beast fight would be exciting. So far the Lotushead has the following abilities:

1) Crystal Bolt - this is an old skill similar to frost bolt. I'm looking for a disabling spell but I find this most suitable. Yet, I will add on a couple of features that makes it a LITTLE different from frost bolt.

2) Crystal Burst - the Lotushead will launch several crystal shards that damages an area, after a while, fire beetles will erupt from there and aid in the Lotushead

3) Crystallized - the Lotushead has a tiny chance to transform into a furious entity. This entity has Resistant Skin, Hardened Skin and accelerated HP regen at night. It also has higher DPS and has chance to set an entire area on flames.

Well, subject to change.

Here's an in-game screenshot. Ignore 3 LVL 100 heroes. I'm just testing out the mini-game. I can't afford to waste time, so I placed a max level hero to complete the mini-game of igniting the star.

full

Here I want to show you the prime statistics that could affect your games:
BOUNTY - killing anything native to Kalak'a'hui will give you gold. You sometimes need gold to forge new weapons or bribe your way through.
LIFE KILLED - killing organic beings will increase your score here. The lower this value, the better your overall score in the end, but that does not mean you shouldn't kill anything, because some structures require the souls to repair. Yes, hell infrastructures are built using souls.
SATISFACTION POINTS - here you can see it is at optimum 100. It will degrade over time and failing a mission can severely affect this score.
SATISFACTION STATUS - here the word is HAPPY. If you are pro enough, you can strike a status 'SATISFIED'. These will increase your loot!

Here's the loading screen if you want to see it. It's not a made-up image, it's a scenery in one part of the map.
full

Level 11
Hello Hivers and supporters of my Kalak'a'hui project!
It's been nearly a month since I last updated anything. Time was very limited and fortunately I am having a week holiday for me to work things out. Throughout Aug I have been tweaking the project little by little and thank god I am left with the Prison Defense sequence and Final Climactic Sequence gameplay.

I hope I can really release a demo by the end of this month. Pray!

Well, today I'll be sharing with you guys on the latest minigame i have created on my map

The camera will swing up and show you a Mantiscorpus on the top and you at the bottom. The Mantiscorpus will fire numerous orbs at you and you have to click the right orbs to damage the Mantiscorpus. Orbs that reach you will damage you and orbs that are clicked WRONGLY will also deal you great damage. The orbs that you should NOT click are displayed on the right hand side.

Here's an in-game screenshot:
full

Colourful, isn't it?
Comment below on what you hope to see or what opinions you have on my game!
I miss your comments!

Level 11
nice minigame
Thank you Siler! You are one of my greatest encouragement!

full

Hello, I have uploaded the test map! Yeay! It's exciting but somewhat I feel myself a little insincere with stuffs. Why? Because this test map is NOT complete and FAR from completion because of the following reasons:
  1. Lack of items, item builds, recipes and varieties.
  2. Not aesthetically pleasing in descriptions of spells, units and items. You may find hotkeys missing too! Sorry!
  3. Not well-balanced. This could take months!
  4. No obvious mission or quests yet except for a few in the beginning.
  5. You may find hideous things lying around, these are unused doodads, units or items. I put there for a while.
  6. Certain features are disabled, especially the Urobakka! Takes time!

The reason I uploaded this test map is to have everyone a quick walkthrough in Kalak'a'hui, a world of fire. All feedback are welcome but guys, be constructive because:
  • I am not a gamer.
  • I never play games.
  • This is my first RPG project
  • I am weak in triggering

Have fun!

Level 21
Okay some suggestions & questions:

-since this is a singleplayer project why not use a higher quality loading screen?
-the music quality is too low, very unpleasant on the ears with that fizzling noise.
-the fire shooting totems behind the first gate can shoot through walls and all.

-got stuck after killing Noir, what gives?

Level 11
Okay some suggestions & questions:

-since this is a singleplayer project why not use a higher quality loading screen?
-the music quality is too low, very unpleasant on the ears with that fizzling noise.
-the fire shooting totems behind the first gate can shoot through walls and all.

-got stuck after killing Noir, what gives?

Hey, thanks for being the first!
Well, aesthetics will be improved when I finished the whole game design, including the music and loading screen. Once and for all.

Yeah, about that firing through the walls, I am still thinking how to solve it.

You've killed Noir?
If you didn't manually attack him and kill him, I can safely say you have collected Ubhat? Look for a camouflaging item dropped by Noir.

Level 21
Well you should make that bowl more visible, easily overlooked since it has the same color like the ground.

-also i didn't really have to fight, since that statue on the right mysteriously shot him down?!
-i just skipped fighting the demon, ran past and entered the world, is this intended?
-deaths means game over, this should be announced. Perhaps by adding an encyclopedia in F9, which would describe things of importance. It could also expand during the journey.
-some places seem strangely cluttered with doodads (valley of suicide treetops), thus making it hard to notice what's going on.

Level 11
Well you should make that bowl more visible, easily overlooked since it has the same color like the ground.

-also i didn't really have to fight, since that statue on the right mysteriously shot him down?!
-i just skipped fighting the demon, ran past and entered the world, is this intended?
-deaths means game over, this should be announced. Perhaps by adding an encyclopedia in F9, which would describe things of importance. It could also expand during the journey.
-some places seem strangely cluttered with doodads (valley of suicide treetops), thus making it hard to notice what's going on.

HAHA. Oops, my bad. I forgot to change the statue status. HAHAAHAHA. I will re-upload the map next few hours. HAHA. sorry. can't stop laughing at my absurdities.

About that demon, you can choose to skip or fight, it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, *thoughtful* I should have placed a warning right there about instant gameover upon death.

It was my intention to make things hard to notice, so that certain hidden stuffs remain hard to find. =)

==> I will amend these soon. =)

Level 11
Well I killed Noir, got the two bowls from him, dosed the two flames and then lost to the beast...

I think that Noir is supposed to drop some cloak so that you can get past the bull monster

Hey guys! Sorry it took me a while to reply you guys. My holidays are over and my busy schedule is returning. Having difficulties with the bull monster (Nan'dinh)? Read the following spoilers for clue, if not try harder!
You can choose to flee all the way to the portal and pray hard it won't kill you. There is something you should know: the orbs on the statue will fire rapidly that burns your mana and deal massive damage (it's mana burn ability). Use the Pot, refill it, and douse your mana away to avoid heavy damage by those orbs. Go in and lure Nan'dinh away from the corridor. If you can, kill it, but it will revive. It is POSSIBLE to kill it, but not advisable if you are on a quick game. As I said, lure it away and then stun it. Then, RUN! (make sure your mana is low)

Status
Not open for further replies.