• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Kalak'a'hui - Phase 1 Version 3.10c Released [17.9.2018]

Throughout the journey to rescue the Gods, what would you like your character to do?

• Explore regions fully

• Solve puzzles

• Defy the Gods

• Switch roles between characters

• Saving souls

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Thanks, I just got past the bull into Jahan pass

Hey, congratz on getting to Jahan Pass! The journey ahead will be easier I think!

The unforgivable twins got me. . .

Hey yo! That Unforgivable Twins? It has no true AI, just don't get too close. He can sense you from afar.
Stun him till he dies!

Level 11
Lost in Axcek game or lost in the fight of the Haunted Forest? I am still working on his mechanics. I would recommend you to go straight to the Plains of Murmur. Axcek game is a little flawed, as in almost impossible to first-time players. I have already revamp the game, it will be released 2 months later, among with other major upgrades and settings.

Level 11
Managed to squeeze a little time to do some modification/editing. So far everything is complete, except for aesthetics (music, sound effect, quest log [maybe i will remove quest log], descriptions, efficient triggering). I am experiencing save/load crashes. Does anyone experience the same thing as I do?

Test map will update in November. I am trying to complete the game itself but I can't get pass to save Haeleon. Anyone has done so?

Well here's a screenshot to keep the thread alive:
Ura, the Bard! He is behind bars, guarded heavily by demons and minions! He may be useless but there's a secret requires him to unlock!
full

Level 11
Happy Halloween!
It's been some time and I'm facing some kind of writer's block, or designer's block, so I've decided to create a prequel at the meantime, the infamous, melancholic, nostalgic "Tragedy of Axcek".

For those who have yet to know who Axcek is (or how to pronounce his name: Aks-check), he is the last guardian for the pocket forest in Kalak'a'hui, given his heart to the devil (literally) so that the small forest he once had can remain unharmed.

The "Tragedy of Axcek" focuses on how Axcek gradually loses his great green forest to the inhabitants of Kalak'a'hui and causes one race to go extinct (yes!) and the entire sentient forest race of Nuadh (or ents, if you will) to die while they are migrating to a safe haven.

This game is still in its infancy, with an idea of two Episodes: one you play as the demon (RPG-style) and another as Axcek (Strategy-defense game). I can't reveal much, because I tend to change the content as I go. But here's two screenshot (GIF) for tease!

full

The primitive Sacrificial Pit, compare to the later advanced version in 'Kalak'a'hui' project. I intend to expand the use of this Sacrificial Pit in the gameplay. But I need time to develop its true potential, especially the use of the glyphs around the rim.

full

The Axcek Conclave is where his trusted allies and friends come for a council. Milarosa, one of the Goddess went missing in 'Kalak'a'hui' project will be shown here as a summonable unit through the... "Summoning Pit" (As opposed to the Sacrificial Pit)?

Have fun with the eye-candy!

Level 11
I'll get to playing this when I get more free time, right now I just got too many things on my hands

Take your time. It's been over two months since I last touched Kalak'a'hui map. Busy stuffs are getting my way + Writer/designer Block. I tried diverted my attention to Owl-keeping map (Now under status of Await Updates) and then moved my focus to the prequel of Kalak'a'hui - Tragedy of Axcek.

Still.
No.
Time.
and.
Passion.

Level 11
it's been a long time since this has had any updates...
Hey. Thanks for the care and kind attention. I really need those recently. Sorry for the missing updates. Please understand that I am a teacher and in my country it is coming to the academic year end, since I am part of the Academic Department, we have to do annual reviews and stuffs. It's taking up my time. But I ASSURE you, the next update will be next week.

At the meantime I need all your feedbacks on my test map. =) Because I hope the next and better version of the map can be released by Christmas!

My standalone spin-off prequel: Tragedy of Axcek will be released before New Year. So maybe that could compensate? =)

Again, thank you everyone. =)

Level 11
Hi guys! It's been a long while since I work on Kalak'a'hui. The updates are not yet available because:

I need your feedback!

Because it's an epic map by its standard, many would not have the time or liberty to complete it. As such, I propose another way, that is, by segmenting it into chapters.

So since 40+ of you have downloaded my map, I need you guys to give me valuable inputs. Try playing up to this part:
full

This is the true entrance to the Kalak'a'hui realm. Once you reach this (its the southern part of the map), tell me what you find and how can I improve it. I really appreciate it if the entire December is dedicated to play this, because I am having a holiday now, so I am a little free. Please, I beg you, give me your insights!

BTW, I have played somewhere a little further than this, and I realised I can't save my game: it crashes. Anyone knows why?
Also, when I load my game, the river water turns back to orange (it's custom red here) and the fog disappears. How can I prevent this from happening?

Feedbacks, people! I await you!

Level 11
Update:

I have deleted much of the redundant doodads and structures. I prefer a more... natural settings. So here it is, it's a pier to the Beyond.

full

Nobody knows what lies there. Originally it's a vast sea where ships were seen leaving but never returning. After the Eternal Flames of Kalak'a'hui devoured this place, a pitch-dark void blankets the surface. The pier has been modified for a new purpose. It is the gateway to... another gateway.

I can't reveal much, spoilers. Just that, the pier is uplifted to prevent undesirable visitors and these floating rocks? They serve a purpose. Find the artifact and you can journey close to Beyond.

Level 11
I will give your map a go when I got some free time, Im quite busy with finals at the moment

WOW. Still in high school or...? It's OK. I am just eager to know.

==========*=====*=====*==========

Hivers, there's been some significant work in progress, but for those who have downloaded my map, bear in mind that these coming up WIPs are not available in your version. I plan to upload a (slight) improved version by Christmas (yay (?)).

For those who have started playing, please... PERSIST, don't RESIST. I need your valuable feedback. I have 2 weeks left before I bury myself into work again. And if you somehow got stuck at some places, please tell me, I will provide you with some tips and hints.

For this week update, I have included another lore:
full

The Monument of Assantha

Yes, many of you may recognize this from WoW. But I intend to create a new lore myself (as evidenced in Tragedy of Axcek - the lore of dryads and ancients). What lore, you may ask. It's the uprising of a defiled race Naga. You will have chance to witness their evolution in this map, from a humanoid creature to a serpentine one. No, there's no Old God's pact as such.

Enough said.

The Monument of Assantha is a powerful totem set up by Sui'iri.

full

Conversation between Suzara (a mid-evolved naga) to the Queen-God Sui'iri deep in the caverns. Notice that they still preserve a human-like face.

This totem enables magical flux around the worshippers and grants them unprecedented blessings (and curse) if you find the right items to be given. Any other than that, I am sorry I have none. Let's keep it short and simple, shall we?

Update notes:
1. Established the Beyond pier
2. Erected the Monument of Assantha
3. Retriggered some triggers

It's not much, sorry.

Level 20
You got me hooked on the riddle solving part,then i scroled down to the screenshot section and how do i explain it to you...

IT looks...looks...Sexy!
Will give this one a try asap!!!!

Level 11
Thank you. Riddle stands only a few percent in the overall game, but there are two requires breaking the fourth wall thinking. Nothing is final yet, including the screenshots. You might have noticed the Pier to the Beyond wasn't like this before - it had bridges.

Go on and try! I intend to complete the final version by Dec 2018!

Level 11
"The Heart of Dyx beats, echoing the Lands of Kalak'a'hui, condemning the coming of a New Year. Denizens of Kalak'a'hui slaughter the first wave of humans who descend in glorious lights - which they gradually fade - and the blood from the bodies gathers, forming pools and lakes thick. Nkeba the Feeder, remains loyal at the Lake, feeding Infernoids with the Happiness of the Descended. With his grim boat rocking by, he stares at anyone who stares at him. He clutches his staff and grits his teeth.

The distant Heart beats again...

It's time to feed, Nkeba, he whispers to himself...

full

Happy New Year everyone! Still working on refining the details *grumbles*. I thought I can upload a new version before 2018. Gosh. I underestimated.

Expected changelog in the next test version:

1. Noir has a chance to drop his heart upon death; his heart can be used to activate powerful magic in the vicinity.
  2. Circle of the Kings sequence will be disabled. Elinar and others can no longer enter the Circle - which creates 8 hooded knights - until further developed.
  3. Better Treasure Boxes to replace Coin Box. Clicking on it will grant immense amount of gold/loot.
  4. Axcek sequence balanced(?).
  5. Introduce Naytharok Crystals that greatly disrupts the life of Elinar
  6. Remove Twin Towers before the Firestorm Desert and replaced with one.
  7. AoS-style conflict in the Firestorm Desert.
  8. Introduce new character (I) Re'i. A tall cyclopean creature that deals damage over time.
  9. Remove Blast Cannon at the Front Gate.
  10. Naga Mermaid with new skin, including Suzara and Sui'iri.
  11. Introduce pustules in the Land of Traitors that spawns Pus-crawler when destroyed. Pus-crawler explodes upon death and deal high DPS.
  12. Laelath balanced (?) with lower HP and lower HP regen.
  13. Demon spawning pool will now be protected by 3 Energy Crystals with immense HP and armor.
  14. Demon spawning at a longer rate, i.e. less demon is produced in a same period of time.
  15. Introduce new character (2) Magvanor. A guardian to Urobakka.
  16. Urobakka sequence will be disabled.
  17. Remove confusing, terrible Oberok part where camera will be readjusted and lighting is off.
  18. Bholgar sequence will be disabled for future development.
  19. Introduce new character (3) Teyja, Complement of Haeleon, which is moon-themed.
  20. Introduce new character (4) Lotushead Minotaur, guardian of a prison.
  21. Remove Spectre, the spirit who periodically controls Elinar movement.
  22. Jhar'a'hui sequence will be rebalanced,
  23. Introduce Hal'burat Crystal minigame
  24. Introduce Food vs Strength sequence
  25. Repurpose Bloodwine Pool Bathhouse
  26. Remove Succorbenoth Tower sequence
  27. Miniature arena "Makh'alah Dhum" created: Fight of Poora and Rugolyth elements.
  28. Replace the Pier with floating rocks.
  29. Introduce new character (5) Sui'iri, Queen-God of Naga Mermaids.
  30. Introduce new character (6) Adhramak, a black demon, ironhide and dangerous in the Druharjai Center.

School is opening tomorrow! I will be busy again, and I hope I can release the next test version before Chinese New Year!
Here, another "wallpaper" for you guys - "Makh'alah Dhum" the Miniature Arena:
full

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R
T O A L L H I V E R S !

Level 14
@Neruvatar
I played this map for a few hours and I think it has a great mood but it's really lacking polish and a global direction. The map must be clearer when communicating with the player. I got stuck multiple times and at the end I was just unable to progress because I didn't know what I should do next. That's too bad.

Here is all the notes I took while playing :

-start with 36 experience ?
-start with mana not full
-green icon - no DISBTN (the black one in Noir inventory). You can just reimprot the BTN and make its path to DISBTN so you have no more green icon for this icon.
-can attack Noir (intended ?). Killed him and he dropped an empty bowl and a filled one.
-suggestion: make Noir hostile after he loose x% of his hp ?
-destroyed the magic well thinking it was needed for the quest. Nothing happened ?
-suggestion: add a visible timer for the firestorm
-I guess killing Noir locked me out so I restart
-lol at smiley face fx
-I really like the mood but green plants near lava isn't fitting imo (the ones near Noir)
-getting random exp ? I leveled up without doing anything. Maybe because of some creeps dying far away ?
-struggling to find what Noir wants. Found the coin box and the magic well but didn't change a thing.
-well by reading the thread I guess you have to kill Noir.. seems strange to be honest.
-aura says that it heals but it can't be activated...
-okay opened the gate and got past the guarding demon
-place has too many tree doodads, kinda hard to see
-also the periodic dying sound is annoying and hilarious at the same time
-death = game over ? seems strange to no announce it or to make at least a checkpoint system since you can killed so fast and it's a pain to re-watch the intro each time
-restarted the map again
-found a plant this time, seems to anger Noir. I guess there are multiple ways to clear this quest though you'd better just kill him when he is not hostile. Kinda a let down that the harder route gives no bonus reward. I even got only one bowl from him doing the quest that way so I guess I got even less reward lol
-what does satisfaction do ?
-also I find it strange how the bowl works. It would be more logical for the empty bowl to drain mana and for the filled bowl to replenish mana, no ?
-Also when filled it is still written that the bowl can be filled at a magic well
-killed the guarding beast this time by baiting it with Q but it gave nothing.. underwhelming
-ah and it revived soon after with no animation or visual effect
-killed him a second time. I notice he doesn't even give a soul :/
-seems like he revive non stop
-not clear what's the liberation of a soul
-wtf are those naked souls with some dope ass cloak ?
-gold is gained form gold mine" - you should change that
-wow a fire dragon passed by, that's fun
-the twin that killed me last time are really strong, can kill you fast if you don't back up fast. Good thing I can shoot them from afar with Q
-so cool to have maggots spawn when they die (no cool reward but some nice orbs of damage at least)
-the icon to research the aura shouldn't be a PAS icon but a classic BTN
-there is a graphical purple bug on the red fountain that you find in the middle of the first structure you encounter after leaving the passage
-you can actually target Galbor with Q and kill him that way (hope it doesn't break anything that I do that..)
-well got some sweet loot even though I don't know what the essence did exactly
-using Q on all the Galbor I found (understood what the essence did)
-Chaotic Essence is really bad
-you find so many damage orbs that you soon deal almost as much as your Q with a simple auto-attack
-suggestion: make spells scale with stats
-the keeper prompt can appear while the keeper is not here. Kinda strange to have such a huge beast in such a small space
-keeper appear as friendly (he gets the bonus from our aura lol) but is hostile towards us
-suggestion: make keeper neutral and only hostile when we attack him
-kinda strange to see kratos
-the dialogue needs some rework, there are some small errors here and there
-lol at that sex scene
-Insulah bonuses should be clearer (it's kinda confusing what you get from them sometimes)
-projectiles coming form unknown unkillable sources that deal heavy damage and are fired at super spped is kinda overused
-guardians' (nazgul model) ambush trigger multiple times so you can farm them for orbs and souls I guess
-met Axcek, seems to be doing nothing for now
-so many footmen! Dangerous if you aggro too many (they follow you without rest it seems)
-ultimate is kinda underwhelming. I guess with scaling it would be better
-while fighting you have unlimited mana with the wisp regen it seems
-way too many footman, kinda tedious to kill them all by hit&run
-terrain is kinda meh at footman's place (the main problem is how vision is messed up there)
-managed to hit the fire dragon but he got away
-oh my sister's coming ? nice
-what's the point of the transforming humans (like they chill in the middle of lava) ?
-the sister should have keybinding for her spells (though I found the one for healing by myself)
-omg there are even more footmen than I thought lol
-got a mysterious scroll from a Galbor
-much easier to clean the footman with my sister now
-you can spam the healing spell with no cost and no cd so it's impossible to die with her
-got a second sister !
-oh I guess the heal affect enemies too
-found Unyyar
-the aura effect on allies is kinda too much once you get a good sized party
-Found Taur
-Found Ujinar
-Found Ash'Tyra
-In the quest log "Freezing Inferno" states that you need 4 crystals but the item says 5
-If you get a second azurion and pick it up, it will disappear
-the stacking system seems to be broken and eating my items (like one item (stealth) increased my azurite stack and disapeared)
-lost all my sisters to scarabs aoe
-where can I sell items ?
-can't really know where to use azurion
-killed all the footmen but reclamation didn't complete. Maybe because I killed them all before taking the quest ?
-stack def broken as my bowl increased the azurite stack again and it transformed into another azurion
-destroyed the obelisk where the guardians spawn and nothing happened (well got an orb of damage 2) ? The guardians still spawn
-keeper is a strange fight. He attacks once and then just stand there taking hits
-got heart of the keeper but missed what it did
-killed axcek, nothing happened
-sometimes sisters get just murdered on the spot when they spawn
-managed to finish footman quest (I just had to go back lol)
-killed all the unyyar, nothing happened
-I guess the azurion is just so you have a easier time in the following area ?
-at this point I am stuck, can't find way to progress. Visited all I could (even killed some Re'i). Maybe the caves are bugged because none of them transport me anywhere
-pulled a lever near some Re'i, don't know what it did
-found you can enter kratos' home
-killed the fire dragon, no reward
-then my hero just died for no reason and I got like -1 satisfaction which seem to have made an overflow so I had 4294967 satisfaction displayed

Level 11
@Wareditor , your reply here! I really thank you for these!

@Neruvatar
I played this map for a few hours and I think it has a great mood but it's really lacking polish and a global direction. The map must be clearer when communicating with the player. I got stuck multiple times and at the end I was just unable to progress because I didn't know what I should do next. That's too bad.

Here is all the notes I took while playing :

-start with 36 experience ?
A: Elinar grows 3 exp pt over 4 secs I think. But I have removed this nonsense in the later version but not yet uploaded.

-start with mana not full
A: Later version will have a fix on this.

-green icon - no DISBTN (the black one in Noir inventory). You can just reimprot the BTN and make its path to DISBTN so you have no more green icon for this icon.
A: Oh? I didn't notice that. I'll fix this in the later version.

-can attack Noir (intended ?). Killed him and he dropped an empty bowl and a filled one.
A: I didn't mean for him to drop two bowls. Ha. I will fix that as well.

-suggestion: make Noir hostile after he loose x% of his hp ?
A: Yes, of course. Thanks! =)

-destroyed the magic well thinking it was needed for the quest. Nothing happened ?
A: The well is not meant to be destroyed haha. Alright, I'll fix the first quest tooltip.

-suggestion: add a visible timer for the firestorm
A: Firestorm comes at random, but I think I've set a warning 20 secs before the storm for Elinar to run cover. Should I prolong it?

-I guess killing Noir locked me out so I restart
A: Killing Noir is intended. =D

-lol at smiley face fx
A: Haha, it kinda make the mood cartoonic, dontcha think?

-I really like the mood but green plants near lava isn't fitting imo (the ones near Noir)
A: It is intended. Noir is the remaining garden-keeper of Kalak'a'hui, of course his back-story is not completed yet, maybe in the near future.

-getting random exp ? I leveled up without doing anything. Maybe because of some creeps dying far away ?
A: Oh, like I've mentioned, Elinar grows, but I remove this nonsense in the later version.

-struggling to find what Noir wants. Found the coin box and the magic well but didn't change a thing.
A: There's a tiny plant called Ubhat. Pick it up. It's near the coin box. Sorry for failing the tips. I will improve it.

-well by reading the thread I guess you have to kill Noir.. seems strange to be honest.
A: Noir is meant to DIE. Haha. CUrse his cockiness. But he will drop something at a chance.

-aura says that it heals but it can't be activated...
A: What aura? @@?

-okay opened the gate and got past the guarding demon
A: Great! That demon kills!

-place has too many tree doodads, kinda hard to see
A: The Suicide Forest? Jahan Pass? It's meant to be that way so you have to be careful of undiscovered items (later versions)

-also the periodic dying sound is annoying and hilarious at the same time
A: Haha, it wants you to run away from them.

-death = game over ? seems strange to no announce it or to make at least a checkpoint system since you can killed so fast and it's a pain to re-watch the intro each time
A: Yes, someone pointed this out. I will manage next time.

-restarted the map again
A: Oops, sorry.

-found a plant this time, seems to anger Noir. I guess there are multiple ways to clear this quest though you'd better just kill him when he is not hostile. Kinda a let down that the harder route gives no bonus reward. I even got only one bowl from him doing the quest that way so I guess I
got even less reward lol
A: Thanks god!

-what does satisfaction do ?
A: At this version, it seems to affect loot drop. Soon I will add on other features.

-also I find it strange how the bowl works. It would be more logical for the empty bowl to drain mana and for the filled bowl to replenish mana, no ?
A: Mana in the lands are burning energy that fuels their strength, so water will drain them.

-Also when filled it is still written that the bowl can be filled at a magic well
A: Later version has this fixed =D

-killed the guarding beast this time by baiting it with Q but it gave nothing.. underwhelming
A: Later version has this fixed. No worries.

-ah and it revived soon after with no animation or visual effect
A: It's meant to be a surprise element.

-killed him a second time. I notice he doesn't even give a soul :/
A: Haha, sorry man.

-seems like he revive non stop
A: There's a way to kill him forever.

-not clear what's the liberation of a soul
A: It supposed to heal you. You mean the item right?

-wtf are those naked souls with some dope ass cloak ?
A: Rotten soul who got too long in the lands.

-gold is gained form gold mine" - you should change that
A: Oh? OK I will change it.

-wow a fire dragon passed by, that's fun
A: Beware! I changed it in the next version because it may insta'kill you upon low levels.

-the twin that killed me last time are really strong, can kill you fast if you don't back up fast. Good thing I can shoot them from afar with Q
A: Stay out of range! They spew vomit on you!

-so cool to have maggots spawn when they die (no cool reward but some nice orbs of damage at least)
A: Items not repurpose yet. Bear with me for the moment.

-the icon to research the aura shouldn't be a PAS icon but a classic BTN
A: OK.

-there is a graphical purple bug on the red fountain that you find in the middle of the first structure you encounter after leaving the passage
A: The fountain will have a new model in the form of crystal rather than that. So watch out for the next release.

-you can actually target Galbor with Q and kill him that way (hope it doesn't break anything that I do that..)
A: It is intended. And No, it doesn't break anything.

-well got some sweet loot even though I don't know what the essence did exactly
A: For now, nothing. Later, yes. It's needed.

-using Q on all the Galbor I found (understood what the essence did)
A: Q them all! =D

-Chaotic Essence is really bad
A: I know right? I will remove it and think of something.

-you find so many damage orbs that you soon deal almost as much as your Q with a simple auto-attack
A: Q wil launch a damage of 10% of max HP of target before the missile hits. I wil rescale it.

-suggestion: make spells scale with stats
A: Thinking about that too. =(

-the keeper prompt can appear while the keeper is not here. Kinda strange to have such a huge beast in such a small space
A: That Jurahn doesn't care! HA.

-keeper appear as friendly (he gets the bonus from our aura lol) but is hostile towards us
A: They are peaceful giants. Don't disturb them, they hate it.

-suggestion: make keeper neutral and only hostile when we attack him
A: Yeah, I will.

-kinda strange to see kratos
A: Intended join-in. You see, we now need to save gods, and this... Kratos, kills them.

-the dialogue needs some rework, there are some small errors here and there
A: I hate this part of dialogue. The lousiest. I intend to look into this after a while.

-lol at that sex scene
A: Just a play of Warcraft generic sounds. HAHA. Never thought you could access to it

-Insulah bonuses should be clearer (it's kinda confusing what you get from them sometimes)
A: Insulah is nonsensical. I remove the bonuses, Useless. Utterly.

-projectiles coming form unknown unkillable sources that deal heavy damage and are fired at super spped is kinda overused
A: I remove most of them. They deals worst damage if you have any mana left.

-guardians' (nazgul model) ambush trigger multiple times so you can farm them for orbs and souls I guess
A: I disable this sequence in the next release for future use.

-met Axcek, seems to be doing nothing for now
A: Next version, you can play him,

-so many footmen! Dangerous if you aggro too many (they follow you without rest it seems)
A: Watch out! I thought nobody could get pass them. Stealth! Use stealth and bypass them to get to Unyyar so that you can buy Nung'a to kill them!

-ultimate is kinda underwhelming. I guess with scaling it would be better
A: Really, I know. I will upscale it.

-while fighting you have unlimited mana with the wisp regen it seems
A: For now. In the middle of the lands, you find mana is annoyingly less.

-way too many footman, kinda tedious to kill them all by hit&run
A: Nung'a! Get them!

-terrain is kinda meh at footman's place (the main problem is how vision is messed up there)
A: Intended frustration induced. HEHE.

-managed to hit the fire dragon but he got away
A: Kill it in the next version. It drops pretty nice experience and gold. Loot? For the moment, none. I am developing items much later.

-oh my sister's coming ? nice
A: Yes! But no longer in the next version.

-what's the point of the transforming humans (like they chill in the middle of lava) ?
A: Giving you satisfaction that you have helped liberating them from this cursed land.

-the sister should have keybinding for her spells (though I found the one for healing by myself)
A: Sorry, sister is dead in the next version.

-omg there are even more footmen than I thought lol
A: OMG. Where you've seen them. Sounds scary.

-got a mysterious scroll from a Galbor
A: Hint for future quest.

-much easier to clean the footman with my sister now
A: Go sister go!

-you can spam the healing spell with no cost and no cd so it's impossible to die with her
A: Well, she's gone in the next version.

-got a second sister !
A: They just keep coming at yo! Next version is a farewell.

-oh I guess the heal affect enemies too
A: Really? I will look into it

-found Unyyar
A: good!

-the aura effect on allies is kinda too much once you get a good sized party
A: Intended party rock!

-Found Taur
A: Handsome dude.

-Found Ujinar
A: Useless 'titan' who lost his land. Useless.

-Found Ash'Tyra
A: Good. Have some reading!

-In the quest log "Freezing Inferno" states that you need 4 crystals but the item says 5
A: I will change it.

-If you get a second azurion and pick it up, it will disappear
A: Sorry, my bad

-the stacking system seems to be broken and eating my items (like one item (stealth) increased my azurite stack and disapeared)
A: I'm struggling with this. Be patient.

-lost all my sisters to scarabs aoe
A: You will lost them in the next version =(

-where can I sell items ?
A: There will be a merchant in the lands wandering about. Sell to him. You can even forge new items in the future.

-can't really know where to use azurion
A: Anywhere. It heals EVERYONE. Place at key locations throughout the map. It helps in the later stages.

-killed all the footmen but reclamation didn't complete. Maybe because I killed them all before taking the quest ?
A: Visit Unnyar first, sorry. But I will change it.

-stack def broken as my bowl increased the azurite stack again and it transformed into another azurion
A: I... honestly don't know what's going on. I will check.

-destroyed the obelisk where the guardians spawn and nothing happened (well got an orb of damage 2) ? The guardians still spawn
A: I have disabled this sequence in the next version.

-keeper is a strange fight. He attacks once and then just stand there taking hits
A: He's a peaceful, territorial giant. Be nice.

-got heart of the keeper but missed what it did
A: Not yet. I need to modify it.

-killed axcek, nothing happened
A: NOOOOOOOOOOOO. you've killed the last Guardian of the Forest.

-sometimes sisters get just murdered on the spot when they spawn
A: Curse those unkillable thingies!

-managed to finish footman quest (I just had to go back lol)
A: Good! =D

-killed all the unyyar, nothing happened
A: How dare you. They are cute swamp guardians. LOL

-I guess the azurion is just so you have a easier time in the following area ?
A: What area?

-at this point I am stuck, can't find way to progress. Visited all I could (even killed some Re'i). Maybe the caves are bugged because none of them transport me anywhere
A: Find a secret lever

-pulled a lever near some Re'i, don't know what it did
A: Get a mermaid somewhere. There are 3 levers here. Next version has only 1. Pull the correct one, a bridge will be built.

-found you can enter kratos' home
A: Did you... him?

-killed the fire dragon, no reward
A: Sorry, not in this version. Heh.

-then my hero just died for no reason and I got like -1 satisfaction which seem to have made an overflow so I had 4294967 satisfaction displayed
A: It's impossible to get -1 Satisfaction. What did you do? LOL

This looks really good, hard work and inspiration pays off
You have no idea. I am exhausted with work-life-design balance. Thanks!

Level 14
Glad you like my feedback :)

- "Firestorm comes at random, but I think I've set a warning 20 secs before the storm for Elinar to run cover. Should I prolong it?"
You can still do a timer dialog even if the timer is random. But you might not want to display that I guess to keep the surprise ?

- "What aura? @@?"
The E spell.

- "It supposed to heal you. You mean the item right?"
No I am talking about what increase the stack of this item. It seemed random to me.

- "It is intended. And No, it doesn't break anything."
Then you should at least not play their death animation when they die. RIght now, it's pretty strange. They are dead but can die a second time.

- "What area?"
the one with scarabs and a lot of lava

- "Get a mermaid somewhere."
But where ?

Level 11
Yo, @Wareditor , just finished working. Here's my second reply to you! I really loved your feedbacks! Just stay tuned for the later version!

Glad you like my feedback :)

- "Firestorm comes at random, but I think I've set a warning 20 secs before the storm for Elinar to run cover. Should I prolong it?"
You can still do a timer dialog even if the timer is random. But you might not want to display that I guess to keep the surprise ?
A: Yes. A rather last minute surprise. But in the end, this firestorm is just an annoying weather, unless you are in a dangerous situation.

- "What aura? @@?"
The E spell.
A: E spell boosts the total HP healed cast by the floating orb around you, the Spirit. So learning E spell does an armor aura for you, and also enables the spirit to heal you at a larger amount of HP.

- "It supposed to heal you. You mean the item right?"
No I am talking about what increase the stack of this item. It seemed random to me.
A: For now, item plays no serious part in the map, unless it is intended to complete a quest. Items are a major headache for me right now =(

- "It is intended. And No, it doesn't break anything."
Then you should at least not play their death animation when they die. RIght now, it's pretty strange. They are dead but can die a second time.
A: Hee. Because they aren't really dead. I have to include the backstory. Not now. =D

- "What area?"
the one with scarabs and a lot of lava
A: Yes. If you place the Azurion strategically, it can be used as a restorative artefact. But I wouldn't use up all the Azurion in that area if I were you. Some parts in the middle of the map are also teeming with life-threatening elements.

- "Get a mermaid somewhere."
But where ?
A: Get near the 'beach'. After the scarab (Firetorn Desert), you will slay a beast called Lavaroc (quite easy to slay for now). Then you will move upwards and encounter a few Re'i. Continue your journey till the end. You will reach a region of shallow water. Notice how it splashes under your feet. Keep triggering that splash and a bridge is formed. It will lead you to a mermaid.

I really thank your patience in this. It takes hours to reach that part. I really do appreciate that! *hugs*

Level 11
After much struggle, I've managed to micro-refine the game. Introducing a new way to work myself around, I have separated my efforts into phases (see homepage for more information).

Current working phase will be phase 1. For every subsequent versions under this phase will only have changes made to the phase itself. For example, Phase 1 will be Gateway to Hell. It's the part of journey where Elinar will undertake till she reaches the main Gate of Hell. New versions under this phase means changes are only made from the starting to the end of the journey to Gate of Hell. Beyond that, gladly (sadly?) will receive no updates until the next Phase.

FAQs
Q: Will the part beyond Phase 1 be playable?
A: Of course. You are most encouraged to play it. Give feedbacks for me to improve.

Q: How long will each phase last?
A: Depends. Phase 1 will be somewhat easier to be completed compare to Phase 3 & 4 where balancing could quite be an issue.

Q: I've heard some technicals are still disabled or incomplete. Is it true?
A: Yes. Items are largely underdeveloped. This extents to the workings of combining items, item drops and legendary items. Cinematics are unskippable too.

Q: Your game lacks tooltip. Could you provide some?
A: I will, but not now. It takes time because I don't see that as the top priority in developing it. But I will take it seriously where players find tooltips are most important in some areas.

Q: Walkthroughs?
A: Basically you don't have to wander your hero in and out too often. Puzzles are sometimes frustrating without tips. I will include them in the future, like tooltips.

Q: When will your map be ready?
A: Based on the time I have, I have a tough time guessing. I just wish I could finish this once and for all, but that wouldn't be nice.

Sorry for the long post and long hibernation. Here:

full

Update (15.2.2018): I removed the P1V3 map and re-uploaded it. Reason, because that stupid Kalak's Noir refuse to drop that item even after I've killed it. Damn him!

Update (16.2.2018): Re-upload the map again because *sigh* Elinar's mood descends inappropriately.
Here, a candy for you all:

full

Proud Elinar, you don't fear death, do you now?

Last edited:
Level 11
Thanks!

Bad news, people.

Bad news: I'm sorry, everyone. My work seems to be endless and I am seeing no light at the end of the tunnel. I am constantly polishing this project and I don't know when will it be released to the world. My real work has made me into a machine. I hope I won't end up like wasted. I am trying to eke out some time. I also hope this year this game can be finally placed in the Map Section. In the mean time, I need your help in constant playing. Most of Wareditor's feedback has been settled, except for items. So, I would really appreciate you all to keep giving me feedbacks so that Phase 1 can be completed.

For those of you who haven't downloaded. Please do so, if you are interested in this game. I get it that some of you are hiding, lurking beneath to wait for this game to be completed. I am here to tell you that, the game is ALREADY completed, just not perfected. You can, in fact, play the whole game. The only issues would be balancing. The rest of it is already pretty much completed.

So get your mouse clickin' !

full
Adhramak's (above)birthday is coming soon! He plans to give you all a gift!
P1V3.01 is coming!
Wish him an infernal birthday and he will increase the fun in the game (seriously in P1V3.01)!

Level 11
OK, so I've been tinkering about with the coming version P1V3.01. These are the major updates:
- removed Chaotic Essence from Elinar. Looking for ideas on her substitute ability. It could be a super-ultimate or just a supportive ability.
- removed Redemption of Souls item from Elinar. May consider turning this item into a hero ability to replace Chaotic Essence.
- sealed several parts of the map for future use.
- added the chance to miss when attack. The chance to miss will decrease when Elinar kills more of the same species/kind
- reworked some items. Able to combine items at the Jurahn's Mansion
- increase overall damage of enemy units
- removed Obelisk of Power. Served no purpose other than granting experience points.
- removed many annoying mana-burning orbs. Higher survivability yo!

I have changed the homepage too. For freshness sake. =P

The picture below shows the Summoning Obelisk. You used to spam enemies here, now I have LOCKED it. BLeh. I will only reopen it under P2V1.
Summoning Obelisk.png

Level 11
this looked like an awesome project, you've done an excellent job @Neruvatar , ill dl this. play it and give u some feedback once I have the time

I do hope it is an awesome one for you all. Right now I am racing against time. I have short attention span, (un)fortunately. I can't focus full force on one project at one time. I tend to switch attention and get things outta my chest. Remember I did a prequel spin-off "Tragedy of Axcek"?
The "Tragedy of Axcek" focuses on how Axcek gradually loses his great green forest to the inhabitants of Kalak'a'hui and causes one race to go extinct (yes!) and the entire sentient forest race of Nuadh (or ents, if you will) to die while they are migrating to a safe haven.

This game is still in its infancy, with an idea of two Episodes: one you play as the demon (RPG-style) and another as Axcek (Strategy-defense game). I can't reveal much, because I tend to change the content as I go. But here's two screenshot (GIF) for tease!

full

The primitive Sacrificial Pit, compare to the later advanced version in 'Kalak'a'hui' project. I intend to expand the use of this Sacrificial Pit in the gameplay. But I need time to develop its true potential, especially the use of the glyphs around the rim.

full

The Axcek Conclave is where his trusted allies and friends come for a council. Milarosa, one of the Goddess went missing in 'Kalak'a'hui' project will be shown here as a summonable unit through the... "Summoning Pit" (As opposed to the Sacrificial Pit)?

Here, I have another prequel spin-off but a sequel to "Tragedy of Axcek": Adhramak's Guardian. It's a short game, however. To keep it nice, it's a game where you, once again, control Nue'mo, a seductress demon to feed the hungry Adhramak. It's more of finding hidden stuffs to give you an upperhand and it's otherwise very simple and straightforward compared to the previous two works.

Adhramak Prison.png

Level 11
full

OK, so P1V3.01a is released. Just a minor tweak on the aesthetics.
Keep playing and commenting! I left with two major parts to deal with!

BTW, the one above is one of the Emotions you have to deal with. This is anger and agony. This can be found near North. Continue your journey!

Level 11
OK, time is still not my friend, especially when I've got news that I am taking over another teacher's classes. In case you wonder how serious it is, let me refresh you on this: 1 class averagely has 40 students. And now, I have 8 classes. And tests are just over and I have to mark 320 students papers, not to say there are Paper 1 and Paper 2.

And, the annual ISO audit is around the corner, which unfortunately I am still the Lead Auditor. Gosh.

Enough whining.

Because of little time, I have decided to work on the Prequel to Kalak'a'hui, temporarily titled "Tragedy of Axcek". Don't get me wrong. I only work on this prequel because I haven't had any time; else, I would work on Kalak'a'hui itself. Adhramak's Guardian, the direct sequel to Tragedy of Axcek, has to put aside because the storyline is incomplete to-date.

I don't know whether you guys have noticed this screenshot:
full

It is a place where the peaceful half-deer race Atreians reside. I did hint on the incoming omen that would burn the place down and also did comment that the green Stream of Darenya will slowly turn red because of the bloodspill, well, here it is:

full

This is the entrance to the lair of Atreians and this particular stream is indeed the Stream of Darenya which extends to where you could see from the first picture. Look how green and clear the stream is.

And now, whenever an Atreian is killed by a demon, the stream will slowly be tainted red. It will take a number of dead Atreians to turn it into pure red.
full

Look how the stream has now a little tinted with blood, yet the Demons are still marching in. More bloodshed people. It's supposed to be a tragedy, after all.

This project is coming to an end pretty quickly, unlike the major Kalak'a'hui. With only two episodes left, this map is ready to be released.

Will it be a campaign?
No. It won't be. Although characters may reappear in different maps, they don't carry their stories over, only some major parts, so that players can play them independently without worrying to complete one map to get to another.

So what it will be?

An anthology, perhaps. An anthology on Hell and Demons.

This is the base of the Demon, built upon lava and its Bulwark drilled to the mantle of the world to unleash its fury:
full

Happy Wesak Day!

Level 11
Since May, this project was intentionally quiet down. I have 'test-played' it too much till I've got bored with it. So I stopped looking at it for three months and I'm glad I'm back!

Here are some news:
I will remove several contents from the Kalak'a'hui map, including a TD-styled section to the North and the Decimation by Baellarum. These two parts will be largely modified into something else. I will try to keep the mini-segments of the game to just enough.

Environment is a lag-disaster. I will remove the fog as it plays no purpose for the moment and the heat storm will strike at better rate. Water tinting is another major headache. I found out one saved file shows that the water return to original tint, how can I keep my custom tint? Need some help here.

Some pointed out dropping Essence as item that boosts your attack and HP is not a good choice. But lemme tell you my idea. Hell beings are empowered to live with the heat, when they die, their essence can be transferred. Of course the scaling will be readjusted.

So I am looking forward for the next version update!

full

Elinar looking at Insulah

Insulah power has yet to be unleashed. There are places I have locked down, including this particular scene. Look at the minimap and you can see it is in the early part of the gameplay. Should it be a blessing or curse? I don't know yet.

full

Elinar and the Well
This is the part where traditional fishing is being held. This magic well holds magic fish that can only be caught using your wisp. Currently the catch rate is 100 %. You can roast the fish over fire or eat it raw, both granting you different type of HP regen.

Stay tuned!

Level 11
Kalak'a'hui P1V3.01b Release!

Changelog:
- improved mechanics
- locked certain features to prevent spamming
- better scaling
- improved Jurahn's durability
- enemies become more challenging
- more random creeps spawning about
- Xp'arka no longer spews fire breath in early game
- better item tool tips
- better item forging

If you face any problems, please do let me know!

Level 11
Kalak'a'hui P1V3.10a Release!

Changelog:
- Replace "Chaotic Essence" with new spell "Dystopia"
Casts a violet cloud over an area which damages and slows the AS of the units within. At lower levels, it silences spells and towards the end it cripples the attack (physical or spell) totally.
- Better tool tip
- Moderate item drops for mini champions
- Better satisfaction point gain
- Some units are equipped with spells
Some have stunning spells, line damage spells (especially on archers) and shield to reduce incoming damage. The shield can be disabled by removing the unit's mana. This spell is intended to make battles harder and to expand the use of Pot of Cooling Water
- Tougher enemies in the later stage
- New spell of Haeleon: "Helios et Solaria"
Instantly releases waves of damaging sun energy around Haeleon while boosting ally units with 1000 armor and high HP regen for 4 seconds
- Revise triggers
- Rectify typos

Level 11
NEW EDITION COMING SOON

full

Celebrating the 2-year Anniversary of the Creation of Kalak'a'hui Project, a new edition will be released before 2019!

What to expect in this edition:

Presents!
Units now have the chance to drop presents! Hit the highest record among other players on Hive who venture into this world and screenshot them to me. The winner will stand a chance to get a gift from me!

Orb of Frost (Undroppable)
Removes Redemption of Souls and replaced with the typical Orb of Frost that slows units attack.

Blizzard
Instead of the devastating firestorm, your presence carrying the Orb of Frost now causes massive shift in the climate. A powerful blizzard will sweep across the land, dealing damage and slowing enemies.

Santa Claus!
Go get your gifts from Santa!

Frozen land
Each time you kill an enemy, the ground would turn into frost. At least the lava won't burn you now!

And many more winter wonders!

LOOK OUT FOR UPDATES, Y'ALL!

Level 11
full

Download now and get presents from me!

Step 1: Download game
Step 2: Collect presents
Step 3: Screenshot to prove your present count!
Step 4: Send to me either by replying this post or PM
Step 5: Winner waits for my real present! (Highest Score only!)

PS: This edition coincides with P1V3.10c of the original.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Attachments

• KalakahuiWinterP1V310c.w3x
    55.4 MB · Views: 151
Level 11
It looks very interesting!
Glad to hear that! Go and have a try!

And to the other supporters, I apologize for being inert for the past few months. Work is always taking up my time but hey, I am happy to announce that Phase 1 Version 3.10c is now phased out! Coming soon:

Kalak'a'hui Phase 2 Version 1.00!

What to expect?
  1. Phase 1 no longer have heavy fixes. All should be OK. But that does not mean it is flawless, it may have, but the major problems are identified and fixed.
  2. Phase 2 begins after Elinar enters the Gate of Kalak'a'hui where Elinar is on the journey of finding the trapped Gods in the realm.
  3. Elinar will find Haeleon much sooner than Milarosa. Haeleon will have ability upgrades that will boost his skills tremendously. Find the items!
  4. Micro- and mini-bosses will be buffed up significantly.
  5. Better items and more combinations available to exploit the power of the Alchemist!
  6. Adjusted tooltips and icons.
  7. May consider removing fogs and tints (sigh)

Report your problems to me!
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!

Level 11
Hmm. This seems appealing. And this one has already showed many things promising. I shall wait its proper release. Good luck to it.

Signed,
The Emperor of Humans

Hey Emperor of Humans,
The proper release won't be THAT soon, I reckon; because many of the things inside require tweaks, especially on these three things:
1. The water tinting won't work. It returns its original tileset color.
2. The fog won't work. It is gone when you load a saved game.
3. Destroyed items/hidden items are glitched. Destroyed items shows the puff effect even though they are destroyed are very long time in the game ago, and the hidden items are appearing and showing, ruining the fun.

These three issues have yet to be settled. The horror is, Warcraft REFORGED is coming soon. Will it spell doom to my work?

Signed,
Adhramak the Ironhide Demon

Level 11
Haeleon, one of the captured Gods, is initially weak against foes, but if you are careful enough, you can salvage his missing Aspects. Three Aspects would grant his ability upgrades as well as his HP, AS, MS and damage output:

Aspect of Light Speed (gives the flapping wing effect)
Aspect of Radiant Healing (gives the halo effect)
Aspect of Searing Sun (gives golden sword and trident)

Haeleon Upgrades.png

His skills include:
  • Solar Concentration : [No Target] Creates a (3*) powerful concentrated beam(s) of Sun ray that damages nearby units as it wanders aimlessly.
  • Igniis Fatuus : [Target Point] Summons a point of light that constantly radiating damaging energies at a fixed place for 80 seconds. Casting Ray of Sun on it will cause it to burst damage to nearby units
  • Ray of Sun: [Target Unit] Calls forth a wave of (greater*) healing energies that bounces between units. Each bounce (does not*) reduces heal. If it is cast on Igniis Fatuus on first target, Igniis will burst damage.
  • Helios et Solaria : [No Target] Calls down the power of the Sun, creating damaging energies spreading out from Haeleon. Empowers unit with near-invulnerability and insane HP regen for 7 seconds.
  • Sun Strike : [Passive] 15% (20%*)chance on attack to deal (greater*) AOE damage.
  • Soul Bind : [Target Unit] Binds a target, rendering it immobile for some time while taking periodic damage.

*upon receiving Aspects

More to come soon!
Have a blessed Dumpling Festival!

Status
Not open for further replies.