• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guildies v.1.15

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
full

Establish the best team of Heroes you can and prepare to face opposing guild in honorable battlegrounds. Level up, gather materials and craft items, complete battleground objectives and claim the title of Lord of Northrend.

• Old school and relaxed gameplay
  • easy to learn
  • Best played with at least 5v5 players
  • Lasts anywhere from 40 minutes to one hour
  • No A.I support
  • two teams Stormhearths and Frostborn
Custom soundtrack: All of the game's music if from a rpg game Radiant Historia made by Atlus. All of the soundtrack is written and composed by Yoko Shimomura.

How to play:
- pick Hero and profession
- first player of the guild is the guildmaster who cannot pick profession nor Hero but can vote for next battleground
- level up and get items for your guild
- in 16 mins the first battleground starts
- if game is even after 2 battlegrounds final deathmatch begins

full

- only one pusher is enough to get the full speed out of the wagon
- wagon will always stop if hostile unit stands next to it
- wagon reveal invisible units around it

Night time side objectives:
- moon bridges will spawn and grant acces into the center island
- capture the observatory found from the island and get great vision around it
- watch out the graveyard golem

Day time side objectives:
- kill bandit lord and get stolen goods item
- drop this item into red circle of power next to market
- market opens and anyone can buy goods from it
full

Capture the Points side objectives:

Blacksmith
- kill treants and gather wood item
- while controlling the Blacksmith drop the item into the red circle of power next to it to get armor buff for a while

Moon Well
- kill creatures of the night and gather moonstone item
- while controlling the Moon Well use the moonstone to refill it
- all of your guildies can recover health and mana from the Moon Well

Gold Mine
- the guild controlling the Goldmine gets passive gold income
full

- player carrying the flag has 60% health handicap
- if the flag carrier dies the flag is returned instantly back to its own place
- you cannot be invisible or teleport while carrying the flag
- take captured enemy flag to any of your guild's flag sites

Capture the Flag side objectives:
- there are 2 observatories at the top and at the bottom of the map
- capture observatory to get vision around it
- there is fountain of health in middle of the map
- use this fountain as base for your guild in attacking and protecting flag carriers

What makes this map casual and newbie friendly:

- no penalty on death other than enemy gets exp if made the kill
- basic warcraft 3 spells or lightly modified versions of them
- no notifications when Hero dies
- global exp
- no kill counters
- simple crafting
- 10 players team gives group support in fighting

-unit can kick football without finishing attack animation
-in single player custom game music trigger does not work properly if player is reading quest menu
-upkeep text appearing in wrong places!
Patch 1.0 released
Patch 1.1
-reduced map file size
-added platinum golems
Patch 1.15
-removed cincematic speech indicators
-fixed passive icons
-increased trueshot aura damage
-improved tavern's regeneration aura
Composer, writer: Yoko Shimomura
Nintendo DS Rpg: Radiant Historia
Co-developed by Atlus and Headlock

Tracklist - Game Start
1. Forever Proud
2. To the Future that Awaits Ahead
3. The Garden Where the Celestite Lies
4. Affectionate Moment
5. Radiant Historia
6. Mechanical Kingdom

Tracklist - 1st Battleground
1. The Red Locus
2. The Edge of Green
3. Blue Radiance
4. Memories of the World
5. An Earnest Desire of Grey

After the first battleground the soundtrack gets mixed using the same songs seen here.

other info:
- resource amount and creeps health does scale depending on total number of players
- type -claim to get back control of your units
- type -show to show multiboard in case of it bugging out
- killing boss after the first battleground gives huge amount of exp and acces to artifact items with special abilities
- each of the professions give different passive ability to the Hero

Model Credits:
HeroGlow by assasin_lord
Contents

Guildies v.1.15 (Map)

Reviews
FeelsGoodMan
After playing with @deepstrasz, where he was a normal player and I was a guildmaster I have the following to say: I heard the custom music while @deepstrasz could hear the Warcraft 3 classic music. Instead of replacing the internal music, you should...
deepstrasz
So, I've played this with @FeelsGoodMan and couldn't get people in, they just entered and left. Actually, we were both guildmasters, lol. Anyways, the creeping in between voted mini-games should be faster. 20 minutes is too much that it gets boring...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The loading screen text is pretty ugly to read because of its colour.

Played solo as a Stormheart guild master.

1. Spells could use better descriptions. Slowing by how much? (Burning Judgement).
    Tooltip Tutorial
    Creating Good Descriptions
  2. Abilities are regular Warcraft III ones.
  3. None of the shops do anything.
  4. Can't get any crafting materials.
I guess maybe singleplayer has some issues?
I'll have to test this in multiplayer.

After playing with @deepstrasz, where he was a normal player and I was a guildmaster I have the following to say:

1. I heard the custom music while @deepstrasz could hear the Warcraft 3 classic music. Instead of replacing the internal music, you should make playlists with strings, and call the playlist through a custom script. I was playing as orc so it seems you have replaced the internal orc music.
  2. The football should be moved through a periodic trigger, constantly setting its location instead of being a unit being ordered to move. The football movement is very clunky.
  3. The beginning and objectives is very confusing, especially as a guildmaster. Sure, I voted for a game to play, but what am I supposed to do for 15 minutes? Just kill creeps? My Furbolgs died, so I was standing there with a weak hero and no backup, not able to go anywhere because the creeps are too strong.
  4. The shops doesn't actually sell anything.
  5. The spells are normal Warcraft 3 spells. Some of them has been slightly edited (changed projectile arts and icons), but essentially classic content.
  6. Tried push the wagon. The whole push the wagon game seemed very clunky. How do I push it? I could make it move SLIGHTLY faster by just standing next to it. You should use a knockback system, leave the wagon static and then move it only with the pushback system.
  7. After push the wagon I am yet again teleported back to the waiting area with no Furbolgs and only strong creeps around me, including a LvL 80(!!!) boss that I have no hopes of ever killing.

It has potential, and I like the music although you should play the music for all players. You need to streamline the gameplay more, and get rid of the boring parts (the creeping/waiting). Make the heroes level up and get better IN THE GAMES, not as part of some creeping/farming extravaganza. You should also introduce difficulties for different player amounts so you don't need 10+ players to kill the creeps.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
So, I've played this with @FeelsGoodMan and couldn't get people in, they just entered and left.

Actually, we were both guildmasters, lol.
  1. Anyways, the creeping in between voted mini-games should be faster. 20 minutes is too much that it gets boring.
  2. The wagon pushing needs work. It's staccato and doesn't always work.
  3. Shops still seem not to do anything. I'm referring to those in the creeping zones (main bases).
  4. Not sure Furbolgs are balanced with Sasquatches. These remain in battle with the creeps instead of paused during mini-games. I gather that the guildmaster pets are only for the beginning while afterwards it gets easier to kill creeps with your allies.
  5. Creeps don't reappear. What's the point of the next creeping phases? The boss is pretty strong after the first mini-game ends to be defeated.
Anyways,
Awaiting Update.

(previous comments: Guildies v.1.15)

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

EDIT:

No reply and update in 3 months.
Substandard.

Last edited: