• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crown of Outland

CROWN OF OUTLAND V1.33
Revised version of the "Lord of Outland" Campaign by Blizzard Entertainment
This is a classic Warcraft 3 Map and not Warcraft Reforged Map

DESCRIPTION

After Oburi resurrected both of Magtheridon's fallen lieutenants, Magtheridon rallied his army to the Black Citadel to reclaim his throne as the Lord of Outland.

WHAT'S NEW IN V1.33?
The 2-Player Map has bug fixes and minor Hero changes.

WHAT IS THIS MAP ABOUT?
This map includes two enemy Blood Elven bases and two enemy Naga bases protecting the Naga Guardians, Si'vashi and Vashj'ir. The primary quest is to slaughter Illidan's two lieutenants in order to seize their Shadowkeys and gain access to his throne chamber. The seemingly impenetrable defenses of the Black Citadel are powered by a series of magical Generators. If someone could sneak past the guardians and destroy the Generators, each layer of defenses could be negated, allowing easy access to the rest of the stronghold. Once you kill Si'vashi and Vashj'ir, the gates to his throne chamber will be thrown wide open, leaving the Demon Hunter vulnerable to attack. You will have to attack Illidan so that Magtheridon can reclaim power over Outland. Optional quest include Siege Bastion (same as the HumanX06 optional quest), with the description: Within the many halls of the Black Citadel lie old armaments of now-forgotten wars. To finish the quest, you must find and seize the old Infernal Machines so that you can bring them to bear against Illidan's defenses. The Infernal Machines are guarded by the Elder Sage, Akama, together with his elite guards of Draenei Saboteurs and Draenei Elite Assassins.

(Note: The Mistress of Torment and her demonic forces are in the aqueduct systems. You can enter the Blood Elven stronghold or destroy the ships with the use of your Shipyard right behind your Altar)

HEROES
1. MAGTHERIDON - Warrior Hero, adept at terrorizing enemies. Can learn Rain of Fire, Howl of Terror, Cleaving Attack, and Doom. Attacks land units.
2. OBURI - Warrior Hero, adept at offensive combat. Can learn Storm Bolt, Shockwave, Spell Resist, and Overlord's Wrath. Attacks land units.
3. MISTRESS OF TORMENT - Mystical Hero, adept at range assaults and dealing large amounts of spell damage towards enemies. Can learn Lash of Pain, Soothing Kiss, Distortion, and Seduction. Attacks land and air units.
4. MASTER OF PAIN - Warrior Hero, exceptional at inflicting venom towards enemies. Can learn Holocaust, Slam, Poison Sting, and Rampage. Attacks land and air units.

ADDITIONAL ABILITIES
MISTRESS OF TORMENT
Lash of Pain
: Calls a wave of negative energies that lashes at a target area, dealing heavy damage to all enemy units and structures within 3 seconds.
Level 1 - 120 damage.
Level 2 - 210 damage.
Level 3 - 300 damage.

Soothing Kiss: Transfers the essence of a target unit by taking mana from it and giving them to the Mistress of Torment. The mana given to the Mistress of Torment causes her to become invisible for 35 seconds.
Level 1 - 50 mana.
Level 2 - 100 mana.
Level 3 - 150 mana.

Distortion: Instantly teleports an enemy unit to the Mistress of Torment, draining hit points per second for 4 seconds.
Level 1 - 7 second cooldown, 20 hit points per second.
Level 2 - 6 second cooldown, 30 hit points per second.
Level 3 - 5 second cooldown, 40 hit points per second.

Seduction: The Mistress of Torment seduces the target, dealing random magical damage between 350 - 500 damage and preventing all actions up to 15 seconds. If the target enemy unit is a non-Hero and non-worker below level 6, the Mistress of Torment creates a replica of the afflicted unit. Replicated units are permanent, but only 5 can be controlled at a time. They have no spells, but are immune to magic and can heal 1% of their total hit points per second. Seduction cannot be used on mechanical units and structures.

OBURI
Storm Bolt
: A magical hammer that is thrown at an enemy unit, causing damage to all units in a small area and stunning the primary target for 5 seconds.
Level 1 - 75 damage, 25 AoE damage.
Level 2 - 150 damage, 50 AoE damage.
Level 3 - 200 damage, 75 AoE damage.

Battle Cry: Gives nearby friendly units a bonus to attack damage and armor. Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 1 - 7 damage, 1 armor.
Level 2 - 12 damage, 2 armor.
Level 3 - 17 damage, 3 armor.

Spell Resist: Blocks a negative spell that an enemy casts. If an enemy is able to cast a spell upon cooldown, magic damage will be reduced.
Level 1 - 20 seconds cooldown, 33% magic damage.
Level 2 - 15 seconds cooldown, 49% magic damage.
Level 3 - 10 seconds cooldown, 66% magic damage.

Overlord's Wrath: Channels Oburi into a powerful Bloodfiend with chaos attack and divine armor. Lasts 60 seconds.

MASTER OF PAIN
Holocaust
: Engulfs the enemy on fire, dealing damage over time.
Level 1 - 20 duration damage for 15 seconds.
Level 2 - 25 duration damage for 15 seconds.
Level 3 - 30 duration damage for 15 seconds.

Slam: Slams the ground, dealing damage to and slowing the movement speed and attack rate of nearby enemy land units.
Level 1 - 60 damage, 50% move, 50% attack.
Level 2 - 100 damage, 50% move, 50% attack.
Level 3 - 140 damage, 50% move, 50% attack.

Poison Sting: Adds bonus damage to the Master of Pain. Each attack deals poison damage per second and slowing the movement speed and attack rate of enemy units for 10 seconds.
Level 1 - 5 bonus damage, 6 damage per second, 5% attack rate, 10% movement speed.
Level 2 - 10 bonus damage, 12 damage per second, 10% attack rate, 20% movement speed.
Level 3 - 15 bonus damage, 18 damage per second, 15% attack rate, 30% movement speed.

Rampage: Causes the Master of Pain to attack 250% faster. Lasts 20 seconds.

DIFFICULTY
The difficulty of this map can be adjusted to three levels based on your personal preference. You can play on:
Easy Mode, Normal Mode, and Insane Mode

Easy Mode adjusts the handicap of every hostile unit to easy. Additional coins are added to the map and current research level of tech-trees for all Blood Elven enemy AI are limited to 2. Imbued Masonry on Blood Elven bases is set to level 2. Units are limited and both of the Naga Guardians, as well as Naz'jar (the Royal Guard in the Butcher area) and Illidan have their armors and hit points significantly lowered.
Normal Mode sets the research level of tech-trees for enemy AI to 3, enemy Nagas to 2. Imbued Masonry on Blood Elven buildings are set to level 3. Units are limited and both of the Naga Guardians, as well as Naz'jar (the Royal Guard in the Butcher area) and Illidan have increased armor and hit points.
Insane Mode sets the research level of tech-trees for enemy AI to max level, including the Imbued Masonry and Glyph of Fortification on Blood Elven buildings. Units are added on certain areas of the map, and both of the Naga Guardians, as well as Naz'jar (the Royal Guard in the Butcher area) and Illidan have max armor and hit points. The AI script on the Nagas in the water system is changed to insane.

RESOURCES
Chaos Building Models & BTN Resources by MasterHaosis
BTNRoyalGuardHeroV2 by handclaw
Chaos Altar of Kings by Grey Knight.
Royal Guard by Tarrasque
Archmage (Naga) by Ujimasa Hojo
Naga Brute by BardBord
RoarCaster by DarkEvil
Dark Harvest by Power
SpiritDragonMissile(Dark) by Shyrony
Water Blast by JesusHipster
Climax by Vinz
BTNSeduction by Sin'dorei300
BTNLashOfPain by Sin'dorei300
BTNDarkSphere by Darkfang
BTNManaLoss2 by D.ee
BTNAbilityWarriorShockwave by Blizzard Entertainment
BTNSpell_Holy_SealOfMight by Blizzard Entertainment
Tidecaller Blade by Blizzard Entertainment, bu3ny
BTNSpell_Holy_PowerWordShield by Blizzard Entertainment
BTNFlameEffect by The Panda
BTNDemonRage by PrinceYaser

NOTE: I added a secret in this map. I hope you find it and I hope you enjoy the game. By the way, this is a classic Warcraft 3 Map and not Warcraft Reforged Map. Thank you! 🙌
Contents

Crown of Outland V1.33 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A whole Kodo in a cage!? :D It's a nice edit. However, it could have been neater with custom spells and stuff rather than reused Warcraft III material. Would have been better if there were some more original things in like quests, secrets, stuff...
Level 4
I tried the map, so far so good, but the game did not know when I killed both Naga Guardians. Thus I remained locked outside, is there any problem?
I fixed some issues in this update and I added a new player slot for the map so 2 players can play. Please do tell me if you still find a bug so I can fix it right away. Thank you!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
A whole Kodo in a cage!? :D

It's a nice edit. However, it could have been neater with custom spells and stuff rather than reused Warcraft III material.
Would have been better if there were some more original things in like quests, secrets, stuff.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 4
A whole Kodo in a cage!? :D

It's a nice edit. However, it could have been neater with custom spells and stuff rather than reused Warcraft III material.
Would have been better if there were some more original things in like quests, secrets, stuff.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thanks for Approving my map. I've added a secret in the map itself just in case you missed. I'll be adding a quest in my next update to this map since my update as of now includes minor bug fixes and the Kodo inside the cage lol (changed it to Warlock). I haven't created a custom skill since I'm sticking into making the map somewhat close to the campaigns in Warcraft 3. I will create custom spells some time, I'll have to think about it since I really want this map to relate to melee map and campaigns in Warcraft 3.