1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

AUTOBattle v0.38b

Submitted by uyarrr
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
AUTOBattle is a round based strategy game which inspired by DOTA 2 Custom Map named "Autochess".
That challenges you to battle other players in a round by round fight to survive as the last player standing. You engage in fast paced economic and tactical decision making in order to out last, out smart, or overpower your opponents. The battles are automated as suggested by the title of the game, however, you have control of the starting positions of your chosen composition. Throughout the game your builder will receive experience each round and level up which will increase your food thus increasing the maximum number of units you can have on the field. Each round you will be given the option to purchase new heroes that are randomly selected from a globally limited inventory. Heroes have different degrees of rarity that is governed by a percentage chance to find a unit of that rarity and further modulated by the remaining total of all units of that rarity. In each round, your composition will be tested in two ways: firstly, through defense where your victory determines whether you lose lives, and secondly (possibly against a different player) through offense where you are able to cause your opponent to lose lives. Each hero that survives the offensive battle will cause the defending player to lose 1 life. Once a player loses all their lives, they are defeated and their units are then decomposed and returned to the global stock.
[​IMG]
  • Generally 40-50 minutes gameplay if player wins.
  • Easy to learn, hard to master.
  • 9 Player Slots, but playable with any amount of players. (Fullhouse Suggested.)
  • 35 Different Heroes.
  • Each Arena have different cool and detailed themes, beautiful terrain.
  • Active Developer and active community.
  • Pretty balanced gameplay

[​IMG]

• Gold Income: First 4 rounds give 1/2/3/4 gold after round end, 5th and all other rounds give 5 gold after round end.​
  • Win Reward: Players gain 1 bonus gold if they beat the round. (On Their Board)
  • Player Level: Players gain 4 exp after each round, whenever player levels up, food increases by 1.
  • Win/Lose Streaks: For 3/6/9 Win/Lose Streaks players gain 1/2/3 bonus gold.​
  • Interest: For each 10 gold player has, player gain 1 more gold after round ends. (Max 5 Interest.)
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Saken for his beautiful terrain work.
Abfal for Merge Unit ability.
Tasyen for His Item Fusion Shop
All Ghost Slayers community which helps me to make game better and balanced.

Models:
assasin_lord
General Frank

Icons:
PrinceYaser

[​IMG]
I dont own any of these but I found some on Youtube.

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
(Click the images for the link)
Contents

AUTOBattle v0.38b (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Changes made, Approved. (previous comments: AUTOBattle v0.33a)
  1. terrio

terrio

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well made and fun map, worth trying out

2. John Melvic

John Melvic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like DOTA 2's chess mini-game thing

3. uyarrr

uyarrr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, as written in description, I inspired from DOTA 2 AUTOCHESS, but it's not same game, there are differences.

4. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't wait for that Saken guy to finish the last arenas. ;)

5. uyarrr

uyarrr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah me too! He is doing awesome work! 5/5 :ogre_hurrhurr:

6. killshocktv

killshocktv

Resources:
    Resources:
    Need some overall completion but well developed overall!

7. uyarrr

uyarrr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, thanks for the comment , you know its still beta. It will be better in future :peasant-cheers-back:

8. matin45

matin45

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can you make it for old patches please?

9. Dimjin

Dimjin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am addicted to autobattle atm.

11/10

10. uyarrr

uyarrr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry, probably it will never happen. I'm using natives from patch 1.30. :peasant-sad:

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks like you've used some resources which you have not credited: Resources in Use by AUTOBattle v0.32d | HIVE

Please use hidden/spoiler tags on the images/screenshots for easier scrolling.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

12. uyarrr

uyarrr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry, I updated the description.

13. Maecrow

Maecrow

Resources:
    Resources:
    I absolutely love the game and look forward to seeing improvements as they come.

14. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really enjoy this map. Recommended.

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Appear to be working fine. It's a neat Strategy/Risk map so I suggest you replace the TD/Maul tag with this. It doesn't fit Defense/Survival but more like Arena, in a long stretch.

Awaiting Update.

(previous comments: AUTOBattle v0.33a)

16. uyarrr

uyarrr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Done, thanks for the comment and rating.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Changes made,
    Approved.

(previous comments: AUTOBattle v0.33a)

18. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I played my first game today.
    So i can give my first impressions from a single playthrough.
    Keep in mind i've never played autochess.

The presentation of it all seemed fine.
    I think i kind of got the hang of it after 1 game and understood the concepts, which is good.

I think the game needs better navigation for players, because the first 10 minutes didn't feel intuitive.
    -The game was flooded with text, it felt overbearing and whenever this happens i literally just turn my brain off and just play. Whatever happens happens. Less text would be good.
    -Buy button had too much text, i still don't know what its all about. The text wasn't well structured for readability.
    -The game seems very random at times, like i really don't get the point of placing your units since the AI just doesnt care about unit priority anyway. My tank which i intended to tank for my backline just ignored enemy frontline went straight for enemy backline and all my backline units just got shredded because of this random AI behaviour. There didn't seem like a way to deal with casters either. One of the players had Lich, Archmage in the back and it was dominating. It shredded everything. If the game had assassins would prioritise the backline i think that would make it better in terms of Rock Paper Scissor type balance.
    -Im not sure if players are picked randomly, but i think the game would be massively improved if you knew who you were playing against ahead of time so you could make adjustments. Maybe hide each others positions and unit compositions during this time. I dont know, the game just feels very random and this is a big turnoff for me personally.
    -Generally i think the game would be improved if options that concerned your owned unit table were separated from the random unit pool table and not have every command on the horse (maybe sth like pic related).

Attached Files:

19. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll let Uyarrr answer you on your questions, but I will comment on the SS you got from W3U discord. The parts you marked with the questions marks were just added as fluff, and will be deleted or replaced with something different. The idea of separating some of the abilities to other parts of the terrain is an interesting idea though, but that wouldn't be my call to make. I think the majority of player base come in to AutoBattle with a prior knowledge of the game so that's why everything is squeezed onto the builder unit. Also, thank you for sharing this picture again because it made me realized I never centered up the circles of power. :D