1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ask the Hive Staff

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Archian, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Jozz

Jozz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I have a few questions for the one who made the new search system. While I think it looks great so far, it's come to my attention that something went missing during the transition to the new system: it's no longer possible to search for projectiles, while these are quite often the hardest to find. I really miss that feature. So my questions are:
    Is this feature going to be reintroduced anytime soon?
    Why was it removed? Or was it just simply forgotten?
    Will I ever be able to search for projectiles again?
    Will I ever stop asking questions?
    Probably now, presumably not?

2. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Well if you want to search projectiles or missiles if i am right then if you search then click on 'more' then on 'Search Bundles and Resources' and look for a 'tags'-section. If you found it (easily found) then search there for 'SFX' and then you check 'missile'.

3. Jozz

Jozz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you. This is very helpful indeed. I feel like a total idiot for completely not noticing the tag while actively searching for it multiple times.

4. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah well, you wouldn't be the first to have problems with the new search. You are not an idiot because you cannot figure a technical thing out, the thing is ;-).

5. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What are the rules concerning Hive model download limitations? My Matrix Eater tool has become very useful to me because it quickly loads up Warcraft III models from the game data and presents them in a style similar to the World Editor. If I added a menu in the same place that would basically just hit the Hive's search thing with HTTP requests and parsed the results back into a display that let the user browse models from within the Matrix Eater, then download and start editing them, would this violate site rules?

Obviously the Matrix Eater GUI would need to include Hive logos on that section and encourage users to give credit for models downloaded in this way.

I thought of this because somebody in a discord channel I am a part of asked why so many new Wc3 models were being created from original Wc3 animations and not re-using community animations where permitted. Perhaps, does the download API include license tokens for whether modifying the model is permitted without direct permission (So this theoretical Matrix Eater utility could be coded only to download models for which users were allowed to make changes)?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ; )

7. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Get in touch with me on Discord. I think we can possibly come to some kind of agreement.

8. Lake Bodom

Lake Bodom

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like to suggest you to "divide" topics, themes, labs-overall to think way, due to 1.29. I can feel Warcraft 3 community definetily to be divided to 2 camps. So to prevent mess and misunderstanding, misdownloads etc. I mean overall to think up smth like that.

9. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When I start Scrolling up, inbox & alerts do not appear until I have reached the very top of the page.

It is much better to make inbox/alerts show as soon as the user scrolls up, and hidden as soon as he/she scrolls down.

Thanks!

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, you get a temporary pop-up when they get to you (live) down in the left corner of the screen.

11. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    and?

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can't find the proper words to explain it to you how much it doesn't matter.

13. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Other forums do it, and they are not should not be better than hive.

Edit: also, what you do not find important could be the most important to someone else.

Its just more neat and appealing that, don't we agree on this?

Erit2:
    Imagine in World Editor you have to scroll all the way up (from your custom unit up to the human folder) to change the tab from units to abilities and that you won't be able to go to abilties directly from your custom unit. Would that be neat?

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  14. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Have you look to your right side of the screen when new notifications arrive? Unless that's not what you seek. Not all resolutions would benefit and from what I assume, Hive is trying to be mobile compatible as well, and this might cause unpleasant experiences there (less area to look content for the sake of alert bar).

15. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    How is the activity here on the Hive?

Hi, I haven't been around for a while

Are you still having problems with reviews, and massive pending lists?

Not that I'm offering to help, I would just like to be in the know

16. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

well, in some other forums this happens on desktop version but not mobile version so...

I guess hive is doing just fine.

17. TheLordOfChaos201

TheLordOfChaos201

Resources:
    Resources:
    does that mean that these problems I mentioned... are no longer problems of the hive

18. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    No there are still problems. But life goes on.

19. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    what problems?

My resources dont go un-moderated for more than 2 weeks.

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That means they are moderated within 2 weeks.