• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ask the Hive Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically we just ban multi accounts as far as I know, punishing the MAIN one (usually the first one that came to exist). The IP check method is not reliable because you could as well access certain accounts from certain places, or you could have friends log into their account from your computer, it is just something to consider.

All this being said, if you go through trouble to use proxies just to multiaccount here... I'd say the staff would be more so flattered (but if found out, you'll still get punished).

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Gaaah, so I am seriously stuck with this mark of death? ;(

For now, you can consider it like a Russian prison tattoo.

I must be careful not to get that fucking awful tattoo then.

Could sincere repentance and good deeds for the Hive community, help remove it ? Everyone should be encouraged to wise up and grow up. This implies being able to leave his/her past behind at some point.

...in which case laser tattoo removal might be considered. :wink:

Last edited:

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Well, the issue is that what we're referring to isn't anything. If it's a warning, then it has no impact on you whatsoever. If it's an expired infraction, it has no impact on you whatsoever. If it is an infraction, then these rules come into play. It is extremely rare that a neverending infraction will be given without a sufficient reason.

So these things are just in your UserCP at the moment. This will potentially be changed for Hive2.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Depends...

Warnings and infractions are designed to have some kind of psychological impact. It is *necessarily* something, be it expired or not, be it tangible or not.

The color red should not remain forever, even (especially ?) in the privacy of a UserCP. It should not feel like some kind of scarlet letter.

Level 19
just a strange question to through out there.

is there a place on the hive where you can publish fan fictions about warcraft?

I see on fanfiction. com there are atleast 60 fan fictions about warcraft with nearly no one reading them. I feel hive would appreciate them more and as a minor benefit increase traffic to the hive.

ok slight mistake, it's actually 60 000 different fan fictions just for warcraft.
https://m.fanfiction.net/game/Warcraft/

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

Do you guys have Staff meetings outside this website by using Skype?

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Do you guys have Staff meetings outside this website by using Skype?

Some of us do. It's not required, obviously. It's just easier to decide whose life to make radically more difficult in real time chat than it is via forum post (although you don't gain post-points on skype).

Importantly, we also voice chat on our Discord server. You guys should check it out, it's pretty cool on there.

Roland

R

Roland

Importantly, we also voice chat on our Discord server. You guys should check it out, it's pretty cool on there.

d6271a5588764f52a177e4cfbfe15d2d.png

I dislike Discord, Since I first came there (I followed my Danish Friend Bjorn there well, he's not from the hive but from Xat.com) I've seen the most horrid and obscure conversations of Disgusting anthropomorphic mating pictures and also Spongebob dark humor.... it's it's. Unpleasant for me. I still have an account there but I'd rather stay here. I don't care if it's better comparing to skype, Tungle or whatever gaming sites. I prefer skype or maybe here instead. or xat. :grin:

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Discord is nice.
But not confident enough to speak English vocally though.

The best way to become confident is to practice! Don't be shy. :D

I dislike Discord, Since I first came there (I followed my Danish Friend Bjorn there well, he's not from the hive but from Xat.com) I've seen the most horrid and obscure conversations of Disgusting anthropomorphic mating pictures and also Spongebob dark humor.... it's it's. Unpleasant for me. I still have an account there but I'd rather stay here. I don't care if it's better comparing to skype, Tungle or whatever gaming sites. I prefer skype or maybe here instead. or xat. :grin:

>Implying Hive rules aren't also enforced on Discord.

Naturally, anything weird (like pretty much anything you just described) would not be cool.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
One question -- not sure if I'm being paranoid or not -- what if my account was hacked or hijacked? What should I do?

The best thing you can do is be proactive instead of reactive. Start using reliable and vetted password managers (e.g. LastPass) and make sure you never use the same password elsewhere. Use two factor authentication in places that really matter (like your emails).

If the worst happens, and it shouldn't, just get in touch with us. We'll ask you to do a few things, but so long as you can we'll be able to get you back on board. :)

Level 32
Is there any link to Hive's "official" Discord channel?
Couldn't find one.
I hear that there is someone using my name there, I want to see that myself.
Here's the link Discord

There is an account (I think temporary guest account) named Shar Dundred which I've never seen used. It could be you if you clicked an invitation link and set a username long ago, or it could be someone else. I can remove it from the channel if you please.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
You're supposed to answer not ask. Yes but that's besides the core point. You're extrapolating. Many people still enjoy Warcraft without the Hive. Also, you don't generalize one person's view.

I'm not a mind reader. Our agenda depends on whether or not users are still enjoying messing around with a game that's now over ten year old. So, to answer your question, yeah - it seems like we're doing quite well. :cgrin:

Roland

R

Roland

@knight85 This isn't the place to ask world-editor related questions... Find a suitable forum section for your question.

Level 36
Let's stay on topic guys.

This thread is for asking the hive staff about hive stuff, site related stuff, and not for asking about the world editor.
We have an entire separate section for that, where you can make threads about it and ask to your hearts content.

Now, either take the discussion over to PMs (Personal Message) or to WEHZ (World Editor Help Zone), and please
don't continue it here. Thank you.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Because that's not a valid command.
[tab=x]xxxx[/tabs][/tab]

Though, I do think that worked in the old hive.

Unexpected tab 1

asdasda

This works though:

[tabs]
asdasda
[/tabs]

So, you can do something like:

Unexpected tab 1

asdasda

Unexpected tab 1

asdasda

Which is not as good, I admit.

Last edited:
Level 6
Maybe the tabs bb code only works on post coz everytime I save my changes in my signature when I check back only tab shows up

EDIT: Is there another update in the HIVES's bbcode if there is I would like to suggest a button which I saw in wc3c.net bbcode it does nothing but mixed with other codes. Example
Code:
[button=Hiveworkshop][url]hiveworkshop.com[/url][/button]
And another example
Code:
[button=ShadowBladeX]@ShadowBladeX[/button]
:thumbs_up:

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

He wants fancy links. Although I think it'd be better this way:

[url=google.com][button]Google[/button][/url]
-->
upload_2016-10-30_11-21-17.png

Mind me noting that doesn't even fully replicate the button effect: no hover or mouse down states. Also it doesn't fit with the other themes, oh wait..

Status
Not open for further replies.