• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Well, I'll quote it for you --
Lobby 2009-01-21 04:00:12: Rising_Dusk: Maybe I'm just used to a nicer standard of people is all.
Lobby 2009-01-21 04:00:17: Rising_Dusk: I don't come on the internet to deal with shit.
Lobby 2009-01-21 04:00:21: Samuraid: Although the fad of taking screenshots of funny chat things seems to have passed long ago.
Lobby 2009-01-21 04:00:38: GhostWolf has left the channel
Lobby 2009-01-21 04:00:39: Ghost765: Samuraid, i find editing screenshots of chat is more fun.
Lobby 2009-01-21 04:00:42: Traxamillion: Rising_Dusk, LOL YOUR A FUCKING LEADER AT WC3C AND YOUR USED TO NICER PPL LOL GOOD JOKE DUSK

I'm revealing all of the truth. People mistreating me like this when all I do is try and try and try takes all of my motivation and throws it all away.

Well, people like that are the trolls of this site. I respect your efforts wholeheartedly, but I think you may have overlooked that on a site like this there will be people like that (quite a lot).

Level 15
I think Dusk makes a good point. Even if it's just one member (which it isn't) who's immature, that's still enough to turn a person off. Any form of negative connotation can hurt.

And I think it's especially worse that he took a shot at WC3C...I mean, they have a bad rep for being "too serious" but they really aren't mean little nazi children. Sure, they take it serious, but from a good approach. Most people don't agree with this, but I personally think that if the Hive wants to advance it's popularity, it will have to take the same approach that WC3C has taken to mapping.

Level 14
PurplePoot said:
They're different ways of saying the same thing.
Maybe it should finally make sense to you why then some people specifically seek communities with the capacity to be civil more often than not. 'Take it with a grain of sugar' is nice and all until after a week you get diabetes.

Level 14
I have found maybe three people on the site thus far that I can even remotely be personable with. Now, if you're done talking about me...

Level 14
See, if I felt that the site had no problems whatsoever and that I had nothing to fix, I wouldn't try so damned hard to be serious about improving it. The site isn't at that point yet, though, and if I have to be every lulzy person's enemy to get it to a point where Ralle can honestly tell me on AIM that he's happy with it, then I will happily do so. This site needs a serious person, someone who actually cares and shows it by trying.

And I appreciate the cookie.

Level 9
thus is why we have you. People just don't understand what they've got until it's gone.

Although about the hating stuff, I think it would be funny to see all of the nubs calling me dumb for something smarter than most of what they've done so far, then again, I would probably get mad sooner or later, like you did.

See, if I felt that the site had no problems whatsoever and that I had nothing to fix, I wouldn't try so damned hard to be serious about improving it. The site isn't at that point yet, though, and if I have to be every lulzy person's enemy to get it to a point where Ralle can honestly tell me on AIM that he's happy with it, then I will happily do so. This site needs a serious person, someone who actually cares and shows it by trying.

And I appreciate the cookie.

Out of pure interest, nothing offensive, why did you start caring about this place?

Level 14
I have lurked this site for years, but just never cared enough to post or speak my mind particularly because Wolverabid was around. When he left and the site started degrading, though, I eventually came to Ralle in the chat and spoke my mind about where the site sucked and where it needed improvement. Much to my surprise, he listened to my suggestions. The fact I'm still active at all can much be attributed to Ralle; after spending a lot of talking with him, it became clear to me that he wanted a lot of the same for the site that I had thought would help improve it. From there, I've made it a type of self-prerogative to try to get the site to a point where it could honestly be a reputable and respectable member of the modding scene.

As you can see from that, it was not because I had friends here that I came here. I am here to help, and honestly, that's really it.

Level 9
I can fully agree with all the thoughts. Personally when I look at the Hive and I look at WC3C, I would rather be here to hang out and talk about projects but if I really needed help with something, without someone being stupid about the whole thing I'd go to WC3C. They have more "civil" users if you will. Yes they act like the Hive members by being "immature" but they also can be very serious. I think people flock here to either be stupid or post their bad work. The users here don't have the guts to say it really isn't good and not accept it. Which is personally why I see so many "noobs" coming here to post their shitty maps and resources.

The site could definitely use a hint of maturity every now and then. Yes be immature on the chat but don't give us the "fun community only" brand. We should be right up there with WC3C with top quality maps among other things. Instead we are an area for people to joke around and have fun, which isn't bad, but I think we should be a mix of maturity and serious modding potential. I'm not saying people here aren't skilled but their are many here to to socialize and not to help.

Level 15
Meh, I've never been flamed like that for helping. The only time I ever get remotely "flamed" or "disrespected" is when I help someone and those damn people who registered like, 2-3 weeks ago try to bash my idea for some reason.

Or when they c+p what a moderator says in the same thread, just to act smart. If you want examples, go look at any thread that regards map protection.

I mean, it only takes 1 moderator (maybe someone hit the idea before the moderator got to it, but the moderator atleast makes it seem real) to enforce a rule. Not 1 moderator and 10 other members.

Level 14
At the expense of those who don't care about a good time and only want to see the site improve. If they're only here for a good time, ignoring these topics is an easy task to undertake. There's plenty of spam to be had in the other forums.

Level 28
We, the minority of the site, really care about this, and I think we should do something. As Rising Dusk said, most of the staff don't give a shit anymore due to the threatment users are giving them.

But some of them also don't give a shit because they simply don't give a shit.

Anyway I'm serious in this, and I think we've got problems from both sides.

Level 34
At the expense of those who don't care about a good time and only want to see the site improve. If they're only here for a good time, ignoring these topics is an easy task to undertake. There's plenty of spam to be had in the other forums.
Agreed. People don't seem to see the difference between SE and SD.

I hope you realize that there are people who really appreciate what you've done, or at least tried to do for the site Dusk. I don't think people are used to an Admin (or whatever you are/were) actually stepping up and calling them out when they do something. Especially staff members.

Level 35
This site needs a serious person, someone who actually cares and shows it by trying.

Take it from experience Dusk:

Serious people are anathema, and you will find yourself alienated, and pushed down a very, very long fall to ruin.

The secret is a balance of work and play Dusk. Be serious in the changes, be serious in your dealings with a bad users. Be quick to forgive, and forget. Be quick to laughter when you are 'resting'.

I am having to learn the hard way what my leaps to seriousness have done, and its not very good.

Take it from ol' Jacob Mar-lenai. "Scroooooge Mc'Dusk, look at the 'chains of seriousness when laughter is more appropriate' that I have forged. You will be visited by three mini-mods!"

You could try to learn our language (as I said before). Post in some of the silly off topic threads, do a little spam in Something Else, have a /me party in chat. And when you have to deal with an issue like a roudy user, or an important site changing doodad...put on the serious face.

I hope you realize that there are people who really appreciate what you've done, or at least tried to do for the site Dusk. I don't think people are used to an Admin (or whatever you are/were) actually stepping up and calling them out when they do something. Especially staff members.

...Yes I have to admit..that was rather awkward when that happened.

Level 34
Elenai said:
You could try to learn our language (as I said before). Post in some of the silly off topic threads, do a little spam in Something Else, have a /me party in chat. And when you have to deal with an issue like a roudy user, or an important site changing doodad...put on the serious face.
I wouldn't blame anyone for not taking part in our "silly off topic threads", over half of them are 4chan worthy.

Level 30
Why would you even care ...?
I haven't had a problem with the mods since last year ...
I seriously doubt anything should change.

If mods have problems with eachother, who cares?
As long as they don't start to fight with me, I don't care.
I haven't had any problem with mods fighting, I actually never noticed it.

I don't care about a bunch of noobs that get banned, really, I don't.
Mods should be respected no matther what ... If the noobs don't like it ... then ban them.

Level 20
I don't care about a bunch of noobs that get banned, really, I don't.
Mods should be respected no matther what ... If the noobs don't like it ... then ban them.

It is OK to respect mods but too ban people for not respecting?
And maybe they care for being banned?Selfish people like you are the problem in this site also.
Ever bother to read this:
The Hive is a Warcraft III modding community. If you are totally new to the game or very skilled, you may either learn and get help or teach others: there is a place reserved here for you! The site also contains a vast resource section including most of the resources that anyone will ever need for a Warcraft project. You will find campaigns, icons, maps, models, skins, spells and tools. Extensive tutorials contain realms of information on how to create, improve and perfect your resources and maps. The Hive's forum allows everyone to talk about the game, modding, making resources and many other subjects.

Level 14
No.. if they still punish you post in admin contact and get the matter resolved. Or you could try talking to them first.

I'm pretty damn sure if you say "Screw you" and walk away then it will do nothing but exacerbate the situation.

Anyway, I don't know if that's off-topic or not anymore.

Level 30
There are rules, people.
Noobs aren't the guys I refer to as the new people, They are the dudes that aren't aware of the rules after they registered. Break the rules and you're screwed, I don't see why you should have mercy as a mod. Ofcourse, a mod can also abuse their powers or break rules ... And they should be punished too by a superior but i'm just the kind of guy that doesn't give a *youknowwhat* after a while. I'm just to damn lazy.

Now ... what was this thread about again?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Within the news batch, you state that you're the only one ever doing anything, creating a very whiny tone throughout the post, while simultaneously making yourself look like a complete horse's ass. You even degrade several staff members in the process. That news batch post was terribly written and did more bad than good, and served to distance Rising_Disk further from the very community he is trying to help. Myself and a few others who shall not be named agreed on this. Was that easier to understand?
What I said in the "Opening..." section was: "(...) but nobody took the initiative of actually posting the news (...)". Let me translate: people who created a drama about my previous "November News" thread did next to nothing until Christmas week, and I took the initiative of posting it.

The news batch was terribly written? Thank god, we have people like you who like to give constructive feedback...
What a terrible post.
Moving on. You're the only one I can remember who ever said I degraded the staff. Oh wait, brad said something similar too. Shall I point to his post? I especially liked the part where he answered your lovely phrase, quoted above.
Fortunately for us, not everyone looses their sense of humor when they are stripped of one point of reputation (that insignificant number under your post count)...

Status
Not open for further replies.