• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Staff Changes(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Let's do random changes. Eventually we'll get it right.

You mean that Dusk must have the member list infront off him, close his eyes, whirl his finger in a circle, tap it on the list, open his eyes and than finally see who his new moderator is?

And if that person gets elected, s/he'll must then do his/her job or face the consequences.

I like it.

Level 22
I really am of the opinion that we should wipe the map section and start over once we have a good team of moderators.

Otherwise we'll have to do an Epicwar-like system where there is no approval process - or at least a passive-approval process.

Level 31
I really am of the opinion that we should wipe the map section and start over once we have a good team of moderators.

Otherwise we'll have to do an Epicwar-like system where there is no approval process - or at least a passive-approval process.

Oh no, wipe off the entire data means that mapper like me, satomi and aero would have to re-upload a huge amount of our map and wrote back all those description. Which would be a pain in the ass to do so.

Level 25
that sound good, because some people join the hive, upload 1 to 4 maps (low quality) without even looking at the rules then never appear again

and Ralle should redo what he did before: give a notice in the news about removing all pending maps in a specific time and if the owners want to keep them then they must click some button

Rui

Rui

Level 41
we need to delete all pending maps then have a procedure that only allows 4 maps to be uploaded per day that way the moderation isnt flushed. Then they can re-upload.
Deleting all the maps did not work, as it was already stated in this thread.
Allowing a maximum of 4 maps to be uploaded per day is not a good solution either. The users of the Hive do not need to be penalized for something they did not willingly contribute to.

(...)
Personally, I'd like to know the whole plan for the map section as it currently stands, like what Rui's thoughts were for it by not having mods.
I already have candidates for map moderators. I am sure I am going to promote at least 1 in the near future, but it's being a tough choice.

The best is to remove rating system. END OF STORY.
Bad idea. I previously suggested reserving the comment section only for people appointed by the director. That would include mini-moderators, which would justify their existence, a lot.

P.S. – I'm sorry but I skipped a few pages, there are lot of off-topic posts here.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Wow 54 pages.

I will do what I can to make the site better for all of us. But I don't believe all this is needed. For one I think General Frank is very valuable to the staff. The inactive ones should be dealt with.

I am working on changing the map section to have more quick moderation. I know this means less quality but its better than non-responsive moderators.

Level 12
Allowing a maximum of 4 maps to be uploaded per day is not a good solution either.

Whoever came up with that number of max map uploads per day is either stupid as hell, or simply not aware that it's almost impossible to even make 1 map, that isn't a piece of crap, a day.

Hell, even 1 map upload per 7 days seems fine to me. Not only will the map spammers have to come back to upload all their crap, they would probably end up participating in the forums and eventually pump out better maps.

I know this means less quality but its better than non-responsive moderators.

What's better than non-responsive moderators?
Responsive ones.

And there's gotta be a way to change how many threads you view per page, Ralle. I'm counting 11 pages for this thread, 54 seems like a bit much, don't you think?

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Wow 54 pages.

I will do what I can to make the site better for all of us. But I don't believe all this is needed. For one I think General Frank is very valuable to the staff. The inactive ones should be dealt with.

I am working on changing the map section to have more quick moderation. I know this means less quality but its better than non-responsive moderators.

You could make the site better by unbanning WILL, for a start :p

Level 4
Why? Please don't make the argument that I think you're going to make.

Off-Topic: For just criticisming a moderator. Probably shouldn't have flamed him at the same time, but since I have seen MasterHaosis flame other staff members, I think it's fine. If there is no rule saying that moderators cannot flame other people, then I don't think there should be one for regular users, too.

On-Topic: I think this site would do a whole lot better if there were rules for the moderators and administrators. At wc3edit.net, if I see anybody flaming/trolling anybody, whether an administrator, moderator or a regular user, I warn them, and if they've done it multiple times, then I ban them, even if they are an administrator. If you don't enforce rules on staff members, and let them get away with it, they'll keep doing it. Period. From what I've seen of this site, none of the staff really ever listen to the rules themselves. I mean, you've got your moderators screaming and yelling at users, telling them not to flame, while they're flaming worse than the user themself. Very hypocritical, if you ask me. It's impossible, IMPOSSIBLE, to have an argument here without turning it into a flame war. Which, is why me and WILL have decided that the Obsidian forums are ultimately better, because you don't have jerks flaming you left and right for disagreeing with you, unlike here. This needs to change, otherwise you cannot have people expressing their opinions without fear of retribution, which is bad. Prevent flaming, prevent trolling, but don't prevent criticism, and don't prevent people expressing their opinions. That's called a community.

Level 4
Ralle is the webmaster, not a moderator. If you're stupid enough to flame him, you deserve to be banned. If you did it because you just don't care, well then why are you here? I think WILL deserved punishment, maybe not a permanent ban, but still.

WILL didn't deserve punishment, because if Ralle hadn't said something like that, he wouldn't have said something like that, either. If you do not allow criticism, you will never know if there's anything wrong with your site, and eventually, users will simply stop coming, or simply allow themselves to get banned, because they don't care anymore: WILL.

(edit) What I'm saying here...Ralle shouldn't have been flamed, no. But WILL should've been able to tell the truth from what he saw without being told he was completely wrong, and his post was unecesarry.

Level 4
I don't think WILL needed to call Ralle a fascist prick, though.

I wouldn't really agree with prick, (mainly because I don't know Ralle enough/at all), but I DO agree with being a fascist.

"Fascist governments permanently forbid and suppress all criticism and opposition to the government and the fascist movement."

Which is the point I'm trying to get across.

You're all fascists, :grin: At wc3edit.net, I encourage criticism, because I seek to better myself, rather than let it go unnoticed, simply because people are afraid I will ban them because I'm an administrator. But no, I say if they think something is wrong with me, then they should tell me, so I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.