• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Director's Cut Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Unless you select the filter for Director's Cut, you won't actually know if a certain resource has such rating until you click on it and look at the moderator's rating. I personally think there should be an extra indicator for resources that do have Director's Cut like under the "Ratings" column or even have some type of emblem/extra text by their name or preview image.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Dood.
6/5 rating filter is very special enough already. No need to exaggerate things. Highlighting DC resources even more is unnecessary (imo). Resources which are included in DC category already have their eternal glory, there is no end to their awesomeness. Anyone who clicked "Director's Cut" category should be already prepared to meet some of the most bad-ass resources of all-time there is in Warcraft 3 universe (even tho this is not exactly true, meh at least mostly). So, no I disagree.

But I suggest giving award (icon) to the resource's author won't be a bad idea.

EDIT: if you are afraid that people (new comers) won't notice there is DC category in THW, I think you don't need to. When I came here for the first time, one of the earliest things I did was checking the DC category in every section . I think most of people did the same, bcs it's not hardly noticeable.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I also don't think it's necessary. It's basically sugar on top of frosting.

But I suggest giving award (icon) to the resource's author won't be a bad idea.
Adding awards for everything just sullies the worth they already have (if any). We already keep the Medal of Honor award for people who have contributed major stuff to the modding scene at large.

Status
Not open for further replies.