• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

We need directors cut things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
And by this i mean high quality resources deserve their own gategory/section/stickied thread.

Who would be qualified to choose these resources?

- I think moderators who accept resources should/could nominate these resources and if like 3 moderators agree its very good, then it would be added to directors cut thingy.

Why do i suggest this?

Most spells/maps dont have rating and it would become easier to find high quality resourche (better maps, better spells with better code, better models) and this way maybe good maps would gain the attention they deserve.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
LordOglog what you said makes no sense.

All sections have director cut support in them but spells which is still waiting its update so it does.

The rating is only given by high level moderators of that section or recource directors.

User votes do not influence it at all and also can be checked for up ratting by looking at the vote patterens (crap recources with pure 1's from generic accounts will have their rating reset).

We basically already have what he wants. He may be asking for more thou but that is up the the directors to do.

Level 13
LordOglog what you said makes no sense.

All sections have director cut support in them but spells which is still waiting its update so it does.

The rating is only given by high level moderators of that section or recource directors.

User votes do not influence it at all and also can be checked for up ratting by looking at the vote patterens (crap recources with pure 1's from generic accounts will have their rating reset).

We basically already have what he wants. He may be asking for more thou but that is up the the directors to do.

Indeed. I dont think all mods rate maps/spells etch at all. They might just write Great spell, gj. And i also didnt notice there was option to search for directors cut, but I dont see that for spells (you could atleast add that)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Like I said, the new spell section supports it but the current one does not (is out of date). If Ralle finally complets that section then it will.

Also remember that most recources were ratted before the new sections (before that ratting type existed) and so have missing data for that field.

Newly moderated recources should all have a ratting.

Level 13
Like I said, the new spell section supports it but the current one does not (is out of date). If Ralle finally complets that section then it will.

Also remember that most recources were ratted before the new sections (before that ratting type existed) and so have missing data for that field.

Newly moderated recources should all have a ratting.

that sounds good to me. gj for the future work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.