• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Staff Changes(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
You have a point there, but I think setting our standards that high is too unrealistic. It might be okay if our users were more serious, like at WC3C for example, but I think it's rather uncalled for with our lot. Hive is a casual site, and most of our users like it that way.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I think that's why Dusk and Ghan weren't accepted right away, because they are too serious (for lack of a better word) and most users here feel confronted when someone like that comes into power simply because it's not what they are used to.

Level 40
Yeah, I definitely hear you that people who don't just mess around every once in a while get hell for it. As I said, find the balance, even if it takes a while.

Hell, damaging as it may seem to lay back once in a while, it's actually productive somewhere like here; if people dislike you, they won't cooperate, and thus nothing gets done (or done well if there is no excuse for avoiding it entirely).

Level 14
I think it's also worth noting that both Ghan and I are from other websites, so there are other factors at play. I never have and doubt I ever will feel truly comfortable or at home here at the Hive.

Level 19
I think it's also worth noting that both Ghan and I are from other websites, so there are other factors at play. I never have and doubt I ever will feel truly comfortable or at home here at the Hive.

Unfortunately people here are'nt very accepting, its rather sad. But then again you have to make your way if no one gives you the oppurtunity, sometimes you have to have a "fuck off" attitude.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I don't think anyone has accused you of being too serious, Void.
He has just been promoted, give him time! :ar:

You have a point there, but I think setting our standards that high is too unrealistic. It might be okay if our users were more serious, like at WC3C for example, but I think it's rather uncalled for with our lot. Hive is a casual site, and most of our users like it that way.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I think that's why Dusk and Ghan weren't accepted right away, because they are too serious (for lack of a better word) and most users here feel confronted when someone like that comes into power simply because it's not what they are used to.
I like the Hive's average on standards as it is. Newbies are not arrogant, and unfortunately, intelligence, knowledge and talent mean, most of the times, arrogance.

Ghan is a member of various sites, I guess he was more prepared than Dusk for what they both would find here. On the other hand, people who grow with this community know what to expect.

Level 12
Newbies are not arrogant, and unfortunately, intelligence, knowledge and talent mean, most of the times, arrogance.

I disagree.

There is a distinction between confidence and arrogance. As well as distinguishing between the two.

As far as arrogance goes, idiots are in the lead, with newbies trailing slightly, followed by mistaken veterans.

Level 36
I disagree.

There is a distinction between confidence and arrogance. As well as distinguishing between the two.

As far as arrogance goes, idiots are in the lead, with newbies trailing slightly, followed by mistaken veterans.

Confidence often means arrogance, and it's true. If you're confident with your talent, you're proud of it, and most people enjoy letting other people know about it (ie bragging) and take criticism bitterly as if it were an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.