• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Directors - Theory and Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Directors don't really exist. We're back to the point of moderators - global mods (- Ghan) - Ralle.

This really is not good. You need discussion at the top, or stupid mistakes get made. In addition, how the heck can you run a site well if the people making the decisions are not also involved with actually running the place?

When we brought in directors, the idea was that the power would lie with the directors as a whole, or in the director of the particular area. This isn't happening. And yet theoretically it is. Basically, the current situation is a case of lying to yourselves, to your staff, and your community.

Want to know why you can't keep staff? You can't keep them because you don't respect them. Long term respect and support for your staff is essential - no one of quality or integrity will stay for long and work hard if you don't give them that.

Level 14
Yeah, it's kind of obvious that the directors need to communicate amongst each other better, but it's a two-way street. I have never, ever had Rui respond to any of my private messages; heck, how did I get put in charge of delivering messages from admin contact to admins in the first place? Yeah, okay, that makes a lot of sense. I can understand your frustration, don't worry.

In any case, this doesn't really merit discussion, I'll harass the director's enough and get this working properly.

Level 15
I'm sorry, but the Directors seem to have become lazy. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Rui and Ghan, they both did great, until their promotions. After they were promoted, they seemed to lose their sense of purpose, their motivation. I mean, where is there to go after earning the coveted title of Director? They don't seem nearly as dedicated.

I mean, the theory behind Directors is fine, but that's all it is, theory. Very little evidence of them properly fulfilling their role.

~Death

Level 15
Mods are here to keep the peace, punish accordingly, and fulfill all other duties pertaining to their title, whatever they may be.

I feel that they are not completely fulfilling their duties. However, this view could be born as an effect of their minimal community interaction. They need to try to be more active in the community.

Ninjasdontfight, and anyone for that matter, if you want to help, behave. Be a good member, help others, and report posts. Just be the best member you can be.

~Death

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm sorry, but the Directors seem to have become lazy. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for Rui and Ghan, they both did great, until their promotions. After they were promoted, they seemed to lose their sense of purpose, their motivation.

I mean, where is there to go after earning the coveted title of Director? They don't seem nearly as dedicated.

I mean, the theory behind Directors is fine, but that's all it is, theory. Very little evidence of them properly fulfilling their role.

~Death
I don't know concretely what you call "motivation", or "sense of purpose". I might have been more active in the beginning because there was more to be done than there is now. The only reason that could possibly take you to believe I'm less active now is due to the lack of "shitstorm" threads (as some people name them) here in the Site Discussion until now, which I could say is an improvement.If that was not what you meant, please elaborate.

My activity has decreased, that is due to school, which is being harder and more time-consuming than I thought. Still, it's not hard to find evidence of my work, which has lessened little. I still run through the World Editor Help Zone nearly every day, consulting 20 to 40 threads and marking them as [Solved] (if that is the case), I still clean the Map Development's threads every weekend, I still visit the Chatroom, I am still trying to reform the Map Section, dealing as well with the many reports we get daily.Summarizing, I still spend countless hours around, all for the sake of providing a better service to ungrateful people in a site that might shut down someday, resulting in every moderator's precious time here spent look so insignificant and such a waste of precious time, time that those moderators could have used for a hundred of other things. Life is short, and if you haven't realized it yet, you will, someday.

I didn't earn this title spamming the Introductions forum or sticking my nose on subjects I don't understand. I am in this position because I wanted the best for a site I personally find useful. How much it will last, nobody knows, but it is good to know you made the difference.

That is all I can squeeze of your un-elaborated post, I hope my response was accurate and not too painful to read.

Last edited:
Level 15
My message about you seeming to have lost a sense of purpose was mainly based on trends that I saw on other forums, which was a bad choice for me to make, but oh well, nothing I can do now.

Anyway, I often had fellow moderating buddies on forums that worked their little butts off to obtain that coveted position known as Administrator. Only to get there, and realise that it wasn't they thought. It was basically the same job with a lot more responsibility, and from there, it was all downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.