• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ghan_04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Inactive doesn't mean not on the site; it means not doing stuff. As we addressed in the chat (it would help if the entire thing was posted, but it isn't, so you guys are getting a very small part of what went on), he does stuff, but not relevant stuff. This sort of goes back to the "being a sysadmin is fine and all, but that doesn't mean you are fulfilling your duties as a community director" style points.

What exactly is Ghan supposed to do? I thought he simply watches over admin contact, answers questions, and occasionally deals with a situation that people come to him with.

It wasn't meant to be an appeal so much as a few users ranting and/or asking questions. I assumed it would be left at that, but then Ghan came out of his cave and replied to some stuff, we replied to him, I again assumed it would be left at that, and then Ralle started this thread the next day.

Also, posting it in AC would accomplish absolutely nothing, as we all know very well (not that this will do anything other than raise awareness, but still).

Now that I think of it, yes. In this case, going to AC would probably accomplish nothing. And, I had no idea you didn't want this thread. I figured this was some long time argument between you guys and Ralle, and you both brought it here. It probably would have helped if I'd have read some of the replies to the original post.

Until I figure out exactly what he is supposed to do, I can't really see any reason to have him demoted though. As far as I can see, he is just a fairly nice guy who helps with stuff when you ask him.

Level 40
What exactly is Ghan supposed to do? I thought he simply watches over admin contact, answers questions, and occasionally deals with a situation that people come to him with.
The main issues with him came from the time in which he was the community director, but more recently the issue is that for some time he's been the only person other than Ralle to go to, and Ralle's often busy; when Ghan is inactive it hardly helps. I can't speak about the last few months because I haven't been around much.

Level 19
I'm getting tired of telling the story over and over again. Pretty much 2 years ago Ghan was hastil promoted to Gmod then admin. He prooved to be terrible at his newfound job. When you needed something of importance from him you would have to wait days at a time (inactivity) but always seemed to be active enough to turn the chatroom into his personal funhouse. Now he has regained his title, although in secret he was never even demoted. 2008 - 2009 Ghan was an admin and had next to nothing to show for it except for some bullshit hive holidays he created to reassure us that he was doing shit except messing around. All in all Ghan is not fit to be running any tiny section of this site let alone administrating, he showed us what he was/is capable and it's not good not even mediocre.

Level 6
Another Hive drama? Just make pool and let the people decide.

It's not and will not be up to the people, it will always be up to Ralle, who I'm assuming is giving Ghan some last chance ultimatum (or at least should be based on all the information here).

And at Trax., I'm sure he's done something here(whether it was substantial or not), behind-the-scene wise, that has kept him here. He couldn't possibly have done nothing productive in any way, and been promoted to his current position.

Status
Not open for further replies.