• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Respected User Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'd like to point out that a few newly re-promoted members of the staff still have the "Respected User" award where they were given said reward because they left the staff in the first place. Notable instances are Hawkwing and PurplePoot.

I mentioned this in chat at one point to some staff members at the time, but apparently it was never relayed to the proper people.

Level 12
Cause this aint very old thread, i just might comment on it.

I dont think there is actually anything wrong on the award icons. Theyre admins or mods afterall, so they should be respected anyway.

Level 14
Hawkwing said:
Shhh. I want to keep my award icon. :X
That's silly. I'd rather get rid of the stupid thing in my profile, but Ralle won't have it.
Belgarath said:
"People who have done a lot for the site in the past and have since relinquished their rights."
This is correct.

Level 31
Yeah, it's supposed to be for retirees or just generally really well known people (Vex, etc), but not for standing staff.

Strange, then why some people who once work as mod does not have it? If I remember correctly, we have a few mod who retired such as firelord213 (Errr, I could be wrong).

Then again, based on Hawkwing and poot merit. I do not think it was necessary to remove it.

Apparently Firelord didn't contribute as much to the site as Poot and Hawk did. I guess.

Indeed. It's not about just being on the staff and then retiring, but it's about giving everything you've got for the site. IMHO, Wolverabid deserves his title ten fold for all what he had done in the past for the Hive.

So chins up and be proud of what these people have done for the site and Warcraft 3 modding. Everybody should try to be like them, mostly like Wolv.

Level 14
Septimus said:
Strange, then why some people who once work as mod does not have it? If I remember correctly, we have a few mod who retired such as firelord213 (Errr, I could be wrong).
The exact criteria require they have done an inescapably sufficient amount of work in the past in support of the website and have relinquished their powers had they had any in the first place. Furthermore, at the Hive, it also accounts for greatly reputable members of the community - even if they don't frequent this site at all. Only at WC3C is the Respected User award used for any retiree of the staff. (Unless it magickally is changed here to apply to them as well)
Septimus said:
Then again, based on Hawkwing and poot merit. I do not think it was necessary to remove it.
It is not an icon that says "I'm a staff member and have done a lot for the site." As long as you wear a staff icon/title of any sort, you are not a 'respected user', you are a 'staff member.' This does not preclude you from being respected, just doesn't give you the reward.

Level 14
I'm not concerned with my reward, I should have never brought it up; this thread is merely to discuss those who have it and should not. I'd appreciate it if we could keep it to that end.

Level 14
~Void~ said:
I'd like to think that the respected user award has nothing to do with the staff, but the two go hand in hand; for example a user who is capable of getting promoted to Director is also very capable of getting the respected user award.
Precisely, hence:
PurplePoot said:
But if they're a director, them being respected should be a given. Seems redundant and pointless.
This.
Just_Spectating said:
i don't see what the point of it is anyway
It's supposed to represent people who have either contributed a lot to WC3 modding or the Hive, but do not carry staff positions. This is why it's redundant for staff members to have the respected user award.

Level 34
Sorry if it's already been said, but I'd like to see the old user icons back for respected users. I hate the little award things.

Level 14
You know, if we're able to just request them away.. I'm going to ask that mine be removed as well. Unlike Hawkwing, I don't get off to having something I don't deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.