• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chat Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Why can't Hive just go back to the way it was a year ago?

Because people are no longer mature enough to know when to be serious after their play, and because people are no longer mature enough not to tattle for silly things.

This is essentially what a good friend of mine told me:

We could have kick battles and things amongst the staff (for fun) if we could learn when to stop when needed. And likewise, if the users did not tattle on it, calling it 'abuse' when it is simply letting loose and splashing water at each other in the local pool.

The users and staff likewise no longer get along amongst each other, due to grudges, and various drama storms that have shaken their trust in each other.

The Staff doesn't work with each other, and the users can't seem to not see the staff as lovely scapegoats for problems that are inherently 'not the staff's fault' but is instead simply due to the fluctuation of the forum's purpose. Which is steadily waning from modding, to a social gathering place, and will eventually be modding again (SC2) and the cycle will continue as long as the HIVE exists.

Likewise, now that we have entered this state of stale modding, and entered a social realm...cliques have developed, and differences in opinion, once numbed by a focus and need to work together on a project, have now become brilliantly lit pain spikes in the nervous system of the user structure. This applies to both the staff, and the users.

"we began moderating people, not product"

And it will be that way until there is a focusable product to moderate. (SC2)

Level 12
Obviously not, hence why I discussed it with her at length. However, certainly you'll agree with me that a moderator actually banning someone with no justification is meriting of more reprimand than simply the threat.

Please don't accuse me of "encouraging button pushing." You know well and good what I mean, and I think you should stop trying to be aggressive with every post you make. It doesn't help anyone solve anything and makes you very difficult to work with. Thanks.
What you stated does encourage button pushing.

You're saying that the threat of a ban, for an unjust cause, is no worse than the ban itself. And I strongly disagree.

By your logic, if anyone wants those who abuse their power to be removed, they must act to ensure that when the power abusers start abusing, that their buttons are pushed, ensuring that the moderator be reprimanded for their terribly wrong choice of action to begin with.

What can we agree on here, Dusk? Would you agree with me that a moderator who constantly threatens to ban for no reason doesn't deserve their post?

A loaded gun pointed at your head is still dangerous, even if it's not fired yet.

Level 40
Elenai said:
We could have kick battles and things amongst the staff (for fun) if we could learn when to stop when needed. And likewise, if the users did not tattle on it, calling it 'abuse' when it is simply letting loose and splashing water at each other in the local pool.
brad, wyrm, donut and I, the chat, 2007. Good times.

Elenai said:
Likewise, now that we have entered this state of stale modding, and entered a social realm...cliques have developed, and differences in opinion, once numbed by a focus and need to work together on a project, have now become brilliantly lit pain spikes in the nervous system of the user structure. This applies to both the staff, and the users.
I can agree with you there; back in the day, not a fraction as many people bothered to read or post in Site Discussion or related sections.

Level 4
I think you missed the point. My point was that it doesn't belong in a forum where it is public to everyone. If I had specific problems with you, I would contact you privately or discuss it in the chat.

The chat was public, in the first place, and people saw it, even if nobody else felt like reporting it.

Oh, wait...what's that? Nobody felt like reporting it, even though, Kimberly and myself were obviously disrupting the chat in one way or another?

Hmm...why's that? I'll let you guys figure that one out.

Kimberly said:
For this situation to be solved was to have a simple chat with me without any accusations, insults, pulling up the situation again or attempts to demean me by acting like you were a victim and pushing the chat to attack me.

A victim? Hardly. Said you had every right ban me. I hardly call that a victim. That isn't the reason I made up this crapstorm. It's because I want to help this site, and you, yourself, are an obstacle. Unless you can fix yourself, you need to be removed, and since I know humans aren't very flexible, especially to personality changes, it would have to be the latter choice. If I see you breaking your rules, then you are a target. If I see you abusing your powers, you are a target. If I see you doing anything that isn't suppose to be done, you, are, a, target. Period. I'm not saying you, or anyone else specifically. I'll reiteriate that. If you are doing something you aren't suppose to be doing, then you are a target. This is how I got rid of Xantan, Bushido, Durchdringen and others at wc3edit.net. They did stuff that they were NOT suppose to be doing. Guess what? They're all banned. Xantan is banned because he abused his powers, talked trash, didn't listen to his superiors, (Dekar, me, and others!), among other things. Durchdringen was banned because I forced him into a position where he could live with public disgust, or leave. But, instead, he tried to steal our members by creating a spin-off forum. Failed. Xantan did this after he was banned, too. Failed, he's quit Warcraft 3, now. Bushido is banned because he was a complete idiot and power-abuser, and ended up joining Durchdringen, AND Xantan.

Do something you're not suppose to be doing while I'm around, and you'll pay for it, one way or another.

Level 34
,,I'm fighting for my bloody rights."- This is fucking right!
MrBimbo and Bartimaeus you are my men! I am impressed by you two! Clear statements!
Bartimaeus man do not appologize to her especially! She cannot control herself often you both and plus vegavak are right about that. I remember her since I joined in September 2007. She must understand at once that she must show respect for people!

Level 22
I think the topic here has been fully exhausted - I'm going to close this for a couple of reasons.

1. It appears no one is going to change anyone else's opinion.
2. This really originally was about a matter that involved only a couple of people.
3. I'm heading off any heated argument we may get into.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.