• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Staff Changes(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Pyritie is one of the few moderators who uses reputation respectably. He is also one of the few moderators that actually offered to help Ralle and I when we were trying to get in touch with the rest of the staff and make changes to help improve the quality of the site. He is also one of the only staff members who has, bar the occasional spam, actually contributed significantly to staff discussion on matters of importance.

Like I said, I am basing my 'opinion' on purely his capacity to do good. The potential in him is gigantic, and that's all I'm going to say of the matter. You disagree with me, that's okay, I hate arguing so I am ending it here. Thanks for your input.

Level 12
Besides...You don't have "two captains" for one squad. You have one. He already is an assistant in the resources sections as a moderator.

You have a constant habit of using terrible "examples". They're terrible because they're wrong.

Captains don't make you run laps, coaches do. You've got them mixed up.

Level 36
Yeah, im free to my opinion as with yours. Im obviously showing my disagreement with it since you seem to be ridiculously for him without having being closer to him than simply watching him from the sidelines from what I can see. You seem to be developing your opinions of his "inner" personal qualities that will effect how he moderates the site when i dont think you know him personally at all.

And more important to his personal qualities that differ his current position works is how he handles others to do his bidding since he isnt simply apart of the usual team, he will now have his own.

Pyritie ever being able to command a team and deal with people in both punishment and reward seems like folly if you know him personally.

Pyritie is better for a drone than a captain, keep him occupied on a repetative task with some oddities in it and constantly reward him and thats how he works I beleive.

You really try your hardest to understand people and break them down but it's utter failure considering you completely lack the ability to relate to other human beings.

Level 45
I dont think im being over the top at all. I just think this site doesn't need new staff considering all the flaws we have and its best to keep it as it is, no one fits in my little golden book (yes, not even me). You think your problems will be solved with new people, but no, they will never be solved, in this case you will just have new problems.

Level 22
I think some of the problem is distance among the staff members - they don't work together enough and argue amongst themselves about way too many things.

Solutions?
Well, ultimately, you need staff members that are easy to get along with, and all of them know what's going on, what's expected of them, where the "line" has been drawn, who to refer to up the ladder if it's out of their league, where their off button is, how not to get too emotional over stuff, and how to work with others more than against them.

Level 14
That's well and good and all, Ghan, but who? We've been over this before, the options just aren't there for the wondrous and idealized people you speak of. If you think you can teach the staff to be that way, then as always, actions speak louder than words.

And for the love of God, promote Hakeem and Poot.
You want people who fit your bill, there you go. The bloody coding side of the site doesn't even have a staff member that knows anything about it right now.

Level 31
Septimus was not. He could do a lot of work, of course, but his English was so terrible his reviews were unreadable, and he was biased toward his own work and the work of MH. Not what we need in a Moderator.

My english might be weak, but not at the stage of unreadable.

Well, I disagree about this. If MH work was rather weak, I would not going to show mercy to him as well. Ask him, he does get 1-2 trash from me for an error in his work.
If you refer to me about unable to accept negative critism, you're wrong. I do accept it as long as it have a strong, valid and yet supportive reason. But, not everybody does that.
Infact, the person who I seen given review with good reason are usually the staff or mini-moderator only; user rarely give a negative critique with valid reason.
And I never think highly about my work either, or else I won't be asking opinion from expert such as Rising_Dusk

And Ash had said he see no reason of not appoint me as moderator as long as my english was good, which naturally it isn't at this moment. My english might be my weak part at this moment, just need time to improve it.

The main reason why I still active reviewing map at hive is because this site doesn't have multiple version of the same map just like epicwar does, which make the search of resources much convenience and better.

Level 35
Why not just make a review template for the common user to fill out when reviewing a map:

Like a rating button that says "Review this Map", and then a mod or someone can pick the best one, rate it, and if the people like it set it to approved.

Level 18
Why not just make a review template for the common user to fill out when reviewing a map:

Like a rating button that says "Review this Map", and then a mod or someone can pick the best one, rate it, and if the people like it set it to approved.

That is basically the mini mod vote buttons purpose. Well not entirely but you point the link of your review in the field that pops up when clicking that button. Mods do see the list of the mini mods votes and comments, and mini mods are all users, so mini mod = reviewer.

Level 31
Removing the rating system isn't the solution, it would be shutting off the only thing that was keeping some form of quality within peoples reviews.

Well, approve/reject/review status could be use to determine the map quality. Map with at least decent quality would then be set to approve. Of course, moderator review could help user decide.

Level 34
I'd like to see the Directors Choice actually be used well. Right now I think it's rather pathetic.

Level 35
I support the removal of the map rating system. I've heard cases when some guys had an argument and they downrated each other's maps as a revenge. There are also numerous cases of users downrating maps for "fun". Of course, these behaviours cause nothing but more drama and arguments, totally unnecessary if you ask me.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
WC3C does the same thing as the hive, really. It just needs 2+ Moderators to review the map, extensively to say the least, and say whether they would approve it or not.

Take into consideration they don't use templates, as nobody on WC3C has an IQ lower than 135.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I lol'd.

The moment it seems I could be promoted to moderator position, I get perma-banned in chat. Such irony. I don't actually mind being perma-banned, I just want to know why.

I have to mention though, this comes out of seemingly nowhere, with no PM or message from the administration. Nice moderation, there.

It just shows how 'far from grace'--if you want me to be epically SRSBUSIENESSFDSW--the hive has fallen when someone like WILL, who has contributed a shit load, gets banned from the chat with no reason or warning.

GG Hive.

Level 14
If you have an issue with your ban (whatever it was for), please post it in the admin contact, someone will get to it within the month. I really need to talk to Ralle about what's transpired and come to pass in this thread, but he just hasn't been available lately. C'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.