• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Staff Changes(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I'm no ordinary 13 year old! but yes ... It was a joke... although Ash is right, I think the world would still be better off xD

Well, if we have the current generation in power right now, they wouldn't have enough experience to do the job well. If we have the previous generation, they aren't fully caught up with the current. It's a bit of a paradox.

Dont make Py Art director. No offense Py but your not the most talented candidate.
I'm certainly the most active in terms of moderating them.

It's not the talent that counts, it's the ability to moderate. I think Elenai would do a good job if he wasn't so stubborn at times.
Elenai already has the forums. And even when he was a model moderator he only ever did like one page and that was it.

Level 19
I don't support the idea of not allowing people to upload their maps.
However, deleting all pending maps sounds like quite an idea.

I never said not aloud to upload i said that..

Only 4-5 maps maybe less should be in the pending que per day so it doesnt create a mass of pending shit.

And when its full it should display a message saying, "Sorry but you must submit your map 24 hours from now. Or have a list of people lined up to submit.

Level 17
I agree that all current pending maps should be removed. If the administration is able to find qualified enough qualified individuals with the will to moderate, it should not be much of a problem. However, it doesn't look like any administrators are willing to promote (excluding Rui).

Level 35
Elenai already has the forums. And even when he was a model moderator he only ever did like one page and that was it.

The Art Directorship is for the forums, Resource Directorship is for the models/skins/etc. Of which you were suggested for, but General Frank already has secured/proven his capability/control over.

The Art section (the forums) are relatively calm and peaceful, it is my opinion that General Frank should stay as the Director over this section as well, until it is pressing that there be a separate director, or until he asks for help.

Maps however....that is where the big bad wolf of problems now lives.

Level 12
I'd like to apologize in advance for this long winded post. If you choose to read it, please read it carefully, as it contains two suggestions that may prove useful.

What are we talking about next here?
If you want to actually have a discussion about issues and what can be done, someone will have to find a way to get rid of all the people posting stupid shit, enforce a serious discussion policy where if someone is posting stupid shit, they're not allowed to post in thread further for decent a period of time(12-24 hours), as well as have a defined set of rules as to how you should not be responding.

But this is under the premise that the moderators/administrators aren't bias, or abusive with their powers; two things that do not hold true with a handful of you.

Here's a sample of what they might look like: You should not flame. You should not troll. Saying you agree, or disagree with someones point is not spam and should be followed with an explanation as to why. You should not start walls of text, as they can only be responded to with walls of text. You should not post if you're posting something irrelevant and nonconstructive towards the discussion. You should not use fictitious examples/reasons/quotes/etc. You must attack the argument, or the credibility of the argument, but not the person. The list of general rules of discussion goes on and on. It's part of the "decency towards another person" thing I talked about earlier.

Whats the next issue on the list.
As far as the pending maps problem goes, I'd say there should be a limit on uploading. Perhaps a cumulative limit on map uploads. It could also be used for other resources, but definitely less harsh.

Say the first map upload came with a 2 week cooldown as to when you could upload another map, followed by a 1 week period where if you uploaded another map within that week, the following cooldown period would be 3 weeks. And so on, and so forth. Cumulative.

This would prevent bad maps from being spammed all the time, as well as encourage users to enforce better standards as to what kind of maps they upload, seeing how they would have to pick their best work first. Designated Moderators could be allowed to reduce the limit towards a user if that user was a consistent publisher of decent quality work.

Though I'm not keen on the details of how many uploads there are daily/weekly/etc by individual users, I think something like that would be of great use to the map moderation workload.

And I believe you could have a group effort in moderating the large amount of pending maps. Cut off sections for each moderator to go through them. If it has a long period of inactive time, no rating, no description, is terrible, etc, they could give notice to the creator of the map that if they want the map to hosted again, he needs to fix a few things first, and then elaborate what things those are, or direct him to a guideline, or example, of what it should look like.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Level 14
Your font makes me never actually read your posts anymore. Sorry.

I still think Pyritie would do a good job as an art director. He's got the charisma, willpower to do things, and capacity to do more for the site than just lord over the art forums. That last point is something no other candidate has.

But anyways, if no one wants him to be it, then he would never be given the chance to do the site good, so he wouldn't be able to ever actually do the site good. It's sad to honestly have to say this, but just make the most popular person the art director; that seems to be the only way to make the users happy with the decision.

Level 8
Bout Mech. If he is only a global, then why does he have the administrator icon, and pretty much every other feature of an admin? Forgive me if this was already answered, but I only read the last couple of pages.

Level 45
Py? For Art director?
No.
Ralle never wanted him to be on staff in the first place because he isn't linear and things only happen when it suits him due to his medical condition, he can also be quite arrogant and stubborn on certain issues. I dont think he will do much in the art department, becuase he doesnt have the skills to find theft, manage theft, punish users, command users and such.
He just sits there grinning. If kept occupied on a repetative task with incentive, he is fine, if not though he is useless.

Level 35
It isn't about his charisma, willpower, or capacity Rising_Dusk...

It is about things I would rather not go into.

EDIT: Though Kimberly made a rather good point just now, no offense to Py.
___

As for maps:

A cooldown might work, and also a feature similar to the "Icons" name thing, something to prevent maps with the default name, (this might save a few grains of salt on the 2 ton weight, but may also help keep down spam maps), and also you could filter out maps with certain 'words' in it. Words that would get the map rejected anyway.

Level 14
I find that a lot of peoples' opinions on Pyritie stem from how he used to act. I don't see any of what you say in how I have come to know him.

Level 14
Kimberly said:
Considering how long iv known Pyritie and that fact I argue alot recently with him due to his CURRENT actions I can definitely relate with my opinion towards him.
You're an incredibly incendiary and argumentative person, that you argue with him -- or anyone for that matter -- doesn't shock me at all. Of course you're free your opinion, I merely think people overlook his promising traits in spite of his negative ones. This whole topic does carry a big "if" associated with my line about Pyritie, in case you've forgotten.

Level 35
What is wrong with General Frank maintaining directorship of the non-map/systems resources as he already does?

He seems to have done a good job so far...and has 5x the charisma, and also lacks the blackened past that Pyritie has. Not to mention supreme mdl work, which is now expanding into scratch, and a great capacity to detect thieves and work with the moderators, having not only the respect and adoration of users all across the wc3 world, but also the responsibility that goes with it.

Level 14
Your dodging the topic of discussion and setting up a straw man is disheartening, Ele.

There's nothing wrong with Frank, as I've already explained repeatedly. I think Pyritie, assisting Frank, would work even better than just Frank, though. Anyways, I don't expect it to ever change, because of this --
Rising_Dusk said:
But anyways, if no one wants him to be it, then he would never be given the chance to do the site good, so he wouldn't be able to ever actually do the site good. It's sad to honestly have to say this, but just make the most popular person the art director; that seems to be the only way to make the users happy with the decision.

Level 45
Yeah, im free to my opinion as with yours. Im obviously showing my disagreement with it since you seem to be ridiculously for him without having being closer to him than simply watching him from the sidelines from what I can see. You seem to be developing your opinions of his "inner" personal qualities that will effect how he moderates the site when i dont think you know him personally at all.

And more important to his personal qualities that differ his current position works is how he handles others to do his bidding since he isnt simply apart of the usual team, he will now have his own.

Pyritie ever being able to command a team and deal with people in both punishment and reward seems like folly if you know him personally.

Pyritie is better for a drone than a captain, keep him occupied on a repetative task with some oddities in it and constantly reward him and thats how he works I beleive.

Level 35
Your dodging the topic of discussion and setting up a straw man is disheartening, Ele.

We should take care of maps first anyhow. The art section is not the priority problem.

Dodging a bullet to focus on the bomb I suppose...

Besides...You don't have "two captains" for one squad. You have one. He already is an assistant in the resources sections as a moderator.

Director < Moderator

Don't spoil the soup with too many cooks. Especially when one cook already knows what he is doing in the first place, in a relatively calm kitchen.

The Map section is what needs the assistants. There aren't even ANY moderators there.

There is a bomb in the kitchen and it is ticking Dusk, we need not pay so much heed to the little bullet that just hit the wall, when we'll all go kaboom in about...<insert timeframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.