• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Staff Changes(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I must be fired is fine, I understand. I try to log once a day but it's hard to keep very active when I must study for university and keep with my social life. I hope, if needed, that you guys can find a good moderator that can help more than I could. I would suggest MechanicalMan or skrab as replacements.

Level 35
Simple Staff Reworkage:

I have a few ideas, that might help things straighten out a bit. I will soon add moderators underneath the directors in each "pod", these moderators being chosen based on their talents in that area, and of course placed there by suggestions from the users/staff/etc.

Moderators can be in multiple pods, and the weaving of their talents into these pods will help knit the community together, and help maintain communication, and other such good things.

Basically this is an interactive WIP of hierarchy.

Talent Based Directorate

Ralle: Webmaster:

Of course...He made the HIVE afterall.

Ghan_04: Hiveworkshop Steward:

Essentially the miscellaneous administrator, who goes about keeping order amongst the other directors, and keeps the moderators disciplined and in line.

Samuraid: Technical Director:

The Director of Technical things, keeps us up and running.

Hakeem: Community Director:

The Director of people, makes sure User-dom is taken care of, and keeps the Off-Topic forums ordered, as well as the Arena, and Social Profiles.

Moderators:

General Frank(?): Art Forums Director:

Keeps order amongst the forums dedicated to Artistic ventures.

Moderators:

General Frank: Resources Director:

Keeps order amongst the resources sections, these being Skins, Models, and Icons.

Moderators:

Rui(?): Maps Director:

Keeps order amongst the Map Sections.

Moderators:

Purplepoot, or HINDYhat: Spells Director:

Keeps order amongst the Spells/Jass/Trigger/Tools Sections

Moderators:

Rui: Development Director:

Directs the 'forums' that pertain to maps, spells, and requests.

Moderators:

Global Moderators:

Mecheon: Rule Enforcer

Rising_Dusk(?): Communications Advisor, Wc3c Diplomat.

Archian: Site Art Overlord (he would like that title I think)

WILLTHEALMIGHTY: Morale Officer
This is just a few ideas, and I'd be happy to carve it, and detail it as the thread goes along: Perhaps this can be something like an Addition or Addendum to Rising_Dusk's current plan.

Last edited:
Level 35
1 - No about Septimus. Hell no.

Needed someone to put as a name...

2 - Why Archian? He's not active. At all.

Well...it wouldn't hurt to keep him around anyway.

3 - What the heck is a "Moral Officer"

You essentially derail flame threads, derail drama, and keep a balance of work/play using your wit and your powers of speech...which you are already pretty darn good at these things, why not have a position for it?

"SIGH" was the best example of this.

EDIT: made a few minor changes.

Level 12
You're jumping the gun on shuffling that deck, Elenai. And we both know you're not going to be the one shuffling it.

I honestly thought the thread was going to be locked after they started SIGH spamming. I had already made my point and was tired of repeating myself. It's sad how we're so used to spam getting a thread locked, rather than the spam getting deleted and the thread continuing.

Level 35
You're jumping the gun on shuffling that deck, Elenai. And we both know you're not going to be the one shuffling it.

Its a 'suggestion' for a reason...

I honestly thought the thread was going to be locked after they started SIGH spamming. I had already made my point and was tired of repeating myself. It's sad how we're so used to spam getting a thread locked, rather than the spam getting deleted and the thread continuing.

Wrong drama thread.

Level 14
Hakeem as the Community Director would be a strong pick, actually.

I don't like the staff titles you picked for some persons, namely "HiveWorkshop Steward" (Which is both tacky and nondescript). I think I'd honestly multiaccount and get myself banned if I was ever called the "Wc3c Diplomat." I think I'm better off without a title and without an actual position. Otherwise, I think the way you've set it up is pretty much what I originally suggested anyways.

Hakeem as the Community Director would be a strong pick, actually.

I don't like the staff titles you picked for some persons, namely "HiveWorkshop Steward" (Which is both tacky and nondescript). I think I'd honestly multiaccount and get myself banned if I was ever called the "Wc3c Diplomat." I think I'm better off without a title and without an actual position. Otherwise, I think the way you've set it up is pretty much what I originally suggested anyways.
I like your idea better.

Although Hakeem for community director could work.

Level 36
And if he's referring to the thread in general, no, it's this kind of attitude that will stop the site from falling apart. Stagnation, and not doing anything, studiously ignoring problems, will cause the website to fall apart around us. This way, we're confronting the problem head-on.

Level 35
Well HINDYhat...its either you...PurplePoot...or Dr Super Good...

yep...I don't know of anyone else who even has talent in those fields.

As for the titles Rising Dusk: They were merely suggestions, though Ghan_04 liked the Hiveworkshop Steward title, which isn't entirely tacky if you know what a steward is. I am open to suggestions however, as that is why it is an "interactive" WIP.

Level 14
Elenai said:
As for the titles Rising Dusk: They were merely suggestions, though Ghan_04 liked the Hiveworkshop Steward title, which isn't entirely tacky if you know what a steward is. I am open to suggestions however, as that is why it is an "interactive" WIP.
I'm just going to nod in ignorance so as to prevent this topic from being discussed further.
hawk900 said:
Has anyone asked Hakeem?
I am quite sure that he's been reading and simply hasn't posted in order to avoid giving a final answer yet.

Level 8
I think the Site Discussion forum should be locked down along with Off Topic for a while.
People would get back to making maps instead of whining.
Main problem solved.
I'm serious.

EDIT: Also the chat should be run like it's unrelated to the site.
I mean no neg-rep etc. because of things people did on the chat.

Level 36
Very true, but we already know that everyone does, and we already know (and I'm sure they do too) that it's their fault. So let's take a more proactive solution and close the goddamn thread. Any serious suggestions can be brought up in admin contact, because I'd rather not see any more drama threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.