• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Staff Changes(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I don't understand why you guys keep saying that. Do you really think he doesn't know what forum he's browsing when he's browsing it? If you really think he can't differentiate between Hive and Wc3c, do you really think he's the right guy for the job?

You're a moderator for Christ's sake. If you want him to step up and do the job, perhaps a little more faith in him is in order.

I have plenty of faith in Dusk dont get me wrong, but if you have been paying attention his approach towards the hive is that of WC3C, and look where that got us, in the same pickle were in now. im just saying he needs a new gameplan if the old one didnt work.

Thanks Hawkwing :D

Level 12
I have plenty of faith in Dusk dont get me wrong, but if you have been paying attention his approach towards the hive is that of WC3C, and look where that got us, in the same pickle were in now. im just saying he needs a new gameplan if the old one didnt work.

Thanks Hawkwing :D
That's not what he meant. He means that the two sites are completely different and the way they should be run and how we should come about solving their problems is much different.

Just because this is The Hive that doesn't mean it's immune from everything bad or good that has happened on other sites. We should strive to learn from their examples, rather than continuously yelling about how much this site isn't that site.

It's stupid that you all keep reminding everyone that this is The Hive and not Wc3c, like it's some kind of catchphrase, or something that everyone doesn't already know.

Level 19
Just because this is The Hive that doesn't mean it's immune from everything bad or good that has happened on other sites. We should strive to learn from their examples, rather than continuously yelling about how much this site isn't that site.

It's stupid that you all keep reminding everyone that this is The Hive and not Wc3c, like it's some kind of catchphrase, or something that everyone doesn't already know.

Well im not going to keep argueing about my opnions, since you are not percieving the message. Also if alot of people are saying what i said about Dusks site to site similarity there might be some truth in that.

Level 12
Well im not going to keep argueing about my opnions, since you are not percieving the message. Also if alot of people are saying what i said about Dusks site to site similarity there might be some truth in that.

All I was saying is that he already knows that the two sites are not one in the same, and that he already knows the users of The Hive don't want the two sites to be the same, merely better than it currently is.

And while you claim that you believe in Dusk to do the best for The Hive, your words have not reflected it. There's a good reason as to why Dusk has been hesitant.

Level 19
All I was saying is that he already knows that the two sites are not one in the same, and that he already knows the users of The Hive don't want the two sites to be the same, merely better than it currently is.

And while you claim that you believe in Dusk to do the best for The Hive, your words have not reflected it. There's a good reason as to why Dusk has been hesitant.

Did you even read my posts? or are you just so thick headed that you dont understand what i said?

Let me reiderate what i said:

Dusk has good intentions but his plan for the hive has failed in that hes trying to make it geared more like WC3C. The i said He needs a new "Gameplan" when it comes to approaching the hive.

Level 14
I'm SICK of the whole WC3C vs. Hive crap. I know as well as any of you that the websites are different. I believe as well as any of you that them being different is a good thing. I do not and have never wanted the Hive to be closer to how WC3C is.

This site could use to be a bit more serious and treat WC3 modding with higher regard. It advertises itself on the front page as a WC3 modding community, and yet once you get past spamming your resources in those sections, it really isn't much of one at all. That I think the site could be a better modding community does not mean that I think it should be more like WC3C. Please get that out of your heads; just because I'm an admin and a long-standing member there means nothing. I know the difference.

I am me, and I do things my way because I am me. Surprised? I am a serious person, I don't do the internet, I hate youtube, I'd rather spend my day browsing wikipedia's astronomy and physics sections and correcting mistakes in them. I don't know what half of the websites on all of your favorites lists even are. That is just how I am, and how I solve problems is by addressing them personally (as in that I take care of as much as I can), succinctly, and at a distance (without emotional attachment). I try hard to remove myself emotionally because it's very difficult to properly dole out punishments and rewards when you're biased. So what you're all saying is not that my approach is incompatible with the Hive, but that I am not compatible with the Hive. I get that now, you have all made it quite clear, stop beating it to a pulp. Thanks.

Level 14
Oh shush with that kind of stuff. I respect that you support me, but I don't like my actions to be mistaken as cries for attention - they're not.

Level 36
Yeah, hate to lay down the pain but:

Archian shows up a few times a year, claims he's revolutionizing things, defends himself from constant attack by claiming about how much he's put into the website behind the scenes, and then admits that he hasn't been around at all and apologizes, promising to be active from then on.

I've seen it too many times.

Level 30
Its not like it would cost us anything to have him going.
You do not want me get started about that. Archian just comes and goes, people that were new three months ago, he sees for the very first time now. Even though they have learned about the things here at the hive, he still sees them as noobs. He's not active, he has no connections to the new guys that can be very nice and "pro" ...
Seriously, as I stated before, Archian leave or don't leave but don't stay in the middle.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
You do not want me get started about that. Archian just comes and goes, people that were new three months ago, he sees for the very first time now. Even though they have learned about the things here at the hive, he still sees them as noobs. He's not active, he has no connections to the new guys that can be very nice and "pro" ...
Seriously, as I stated before, Archian leave or don't leave but don't stay in the middle.

Are we talking about Ghan, or Archian here?

Level 36
He officially calls himself a Liaison. Why we need a Liaison as an Admin is beyond me, for starters. [1]

He's not really that active, and when he is he doesn't reply to users queries. [2]

Also, see his map reviews. [3]

[1] = User Title

[2] = http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/Ghan_04/

[3] = Dawn of the Undead -Reshot- - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Samuraid isn't very active, but he helps a lot with the backstage stuff. I'm assuming that's what Ghan does as well.

Level 14
I don't think Ghan is incompetent or inactive. He only really enjoys the site development, like Samuraid, except he has a tendency to avoid the parts of the site he doesn't like dealing with. Like I once said, regardless of how good a staff member is, if it's not fun, he/she won't do it (with regard to site stuff). If that's a problem, then the users should have him come forth and acknowledge it and pose his own thoughts on it. That's important.

Level 19
Like I once said, regardless of how good a staff member is, if it's not fun, he/she won't do it (with regard to site stuff).

I beg to differ, I just became a request moderator, along with my previous moderating duties, not because its fun (I can assure its not FUN) but because the section is in need of reform, I think Lazyness is just a factor in what your talking about Dusk.

Level 14
But if the section is in need of reform, isn't the motivation to fix it so that it can then be clean and fun to work with at some point in the future? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.