• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hive staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
NOW this is in know way a manner for you all to bash the staff, I am sure you will be dealt with if you do so.

I'm here to bring to attention things that I personally have noticed here as of late.

1: I have seen and heard people commenting on the amount of unreviewed submissions in the submission section. I even heard Ralle say this when he was on a while back.

2: All the conflicts. Staff members have been arguing and getting into confrontations recently, with each other and with other members.

3: Banning and unbanning members. I believe the staff should get together and discuss the banning process and how it is gone about. When someone is deliberately breaking rules, or is very visibly breaking rules they should be dealt with, BUT if you are dealing with someone who has been doing small things over and over again, or if someone has been getting into fights, another mod should figure out the situation, someone who has nothing to do with the event, and they should talk it out. If it is not resolved then banning should occur but if change occurs than banning should be postponed but that user should still be watched.

4: This is just something I believe should be looked into. I think the mods should be looked at, and should be evaluated on the work or contributions they give to the Hive. If they just abuse their power than I think they should either be brought down in rank or they should give up their power position.

I also believe that there may be willing able bodied people in the Hive that could be brought up in rank, ones that could help with troubling events going on right now, and even work hard to work up to the given standards of the mods and staff currently.

And here is another huge tip for those of you running as mods and staff.

Be like someone that was respected and seen as one of the Hive greats. I'm of course speaking of Wolverabid. If all the staff was like him then their would be no problems going about right now.

Now how about some opinions and maybe even action taken on what has been said here.

Remember watch what you say, you've been warned.

Level 9
I'm not sure if their really is a mod that doesn't do a thing but a few that work in the less active threads should maybe either be given power in other areas of their should only be one or two running the area.

and yes we don't want mods not doing any work, then there is no point in having staff at all.

Level 36
I'm happy to say that mostly everyone is doing their jobs right now, or at least doing some job.

I really think all this drama about the staff is unnecessary. Or at least here. I've seen enough of these goddamn topics to be pretty sick of them, so why don't you just post in admin contact instead?

Level 9
well I think that these things need to be dealt with in public and not in the foreground. These are visible problems and the hive shouldn't become a war ground for the staff. This way people may sit back a think clearer about what is happening in the Hive and maybe grow up a bit when it comes to their posts.

I know it's a long shot but it's a possibility.

Level 27
The thing I don't like about hidden threads like that is that you can't get good feedback. For example:

There is no need to demote someone unless they abuse their powers. Not using your powers is not considered abusing them. You give users the power you can trust them with. Why not let them do what they can to help when they are around to do it?

Level 14
Certain threads belong in Admin Contact, and threads, like this belong in the Site Discussion forum because it's what it is: A Discussion about the site, or how the site is "run."

As long as no one starts whining or getting their own personal drama into the thread there's no reason you can't have a reasonable discussion.

Anyway, I agree that seeing the staff arguing around the forums is a bit annoying.

Also, Staff and Ex-Staff fighting around the forums is even more annoying.

There is no need to demote someone unless they abuse their powers. Not using your powers is not considered abusing them.

But there is a point where not using your powers becomes as troublesome a problem as misusing your powers.

In other threads like this, I believe I've said that in general the Staff members do their jobs. But I do believe the things you've pointed out in your 4 points, hawk_767, are valid and should be addressed.

1: I have seen and heard people commenting on the amount of unreviewed submissions in the submission section. I even heard Ralle say this when he was on a while back.

The maps section is the only heavily unmoderated section, but there's been countless discussions regarding this and I think Rui and/or Ralle are working on something that should solve this problem - right now map moderation is in lock-down. It will remain so until they have found a solution.

2: All the conflicts. Staff members have been arguing and getting into confrontations recently, with each other and with other members.

True, but the best we can do to prevent this is tell each other to be nice and maybe take part in a couple anger-management classes.

3: Banning and unbanning members. I believe the staff should get together and discuss the banning process and how it is gone about. When someone is deliberately breaking rules, or is very visibly breaking rules they should be dealt with, BUT if you are dealing with someone who has been doing small things over and over again, or if someone has been getting into fights, another mod should figure out the situation, someone who has nothing to do with the event, and they should talk it out. If it is not resolved then banning should occur but if change occurs than banning should be postponed but that user should still be watched.

Our staff is bad at communication, this is an issue which they're trying to resolve. Sometimes administrators don't confront each other before doing stuff, and of course the discussion comes after the punishment being given - though it can be reversed. There's an infractions forum and whenever a user is banned/infracted a post is made. It is discussed there.

4: This is just something I believe should be looked into. I think the mods should be looked at, and should be evaluated on the work or contributions they give to the Hive. If they just abuse their power than I think they should either be brought down in rank or they should give up their power position.

We already have rules about this and stickied threads in the staff forums. If rules are broken - be it by a staff member or a user - a thread may be made and it will be discussed.

I also believe that there may be willing able bodied people in the Hive that could be brought up in rank, ones that could help with troubling events going on right now, and even work hard to work up to the given standards of the mods and staff currently.

Be like someone that was respected and seen as one of the Hive greats. I'm of course speaking of Wolverabid. If all the staff was like him then their would be no problems going about right now.

There are people who can provide solutions and if they have them they should speak up. That does not mean that they should be given some sort of promotion.

All in all you've brought up some good points and I hope some of the staff reads this.

Level 14
hawk_767 said:
We should be praising people for the things they are good at and not by asking them to be like someone already celebrated for his actions. We're.. We're not Wolverabids, none of us are. We're Rising_Dusks and Elenais and Ghan_04s and Samuraids and Dr Super Goods and Traxamillions and so many more. We need to work at what we're already good at and nurture the growth of the site around exactly that -- the users.

I wish that silly little icon next to a person's name didn't mean so much. I wish I could tell you that people treat you the same way or that people act like you're their equal, but they don't. Staff and user alike, we need to remember that at heart we're all the same; we're here for a reason, and regardless what that reason is, we don't like seeing the site like this. There needs to be a silent understanding and trust inherent to a staff and right now there just isn't. There's hesitation, fear, worry, and doubt; these things will rip a people apart.. And right now, we need to be together as humanly possible.

Just remember, as a user, that the staff does not wear these icons for their own well-being. They do it to help and try to give back to the site for whatever reason they happen to have. Just remember that and respect that, that's all I ask of you..

Level 9
I thoroughly understand the fact that we all are our own beings, and that we all have a distinct personality, but by be like wolv I'm referring to his respect he gave everyone. He had his own personality but he was respectful none the less, whether it be personality or not. We all deal with people differently, I've seen this very clearly when looking at critique's and conversations between you all, but their is a lot of hostility in the fore ground, whether people are realizing it or not.

Respect is something hard to come by I definitely know this, since I search for it in people often, but everyone can show it, and showing it here would help clear up a large amount of the issues floating in the Hive air, causing it to be thick with anger and defiance. Hopefully the Hive staff AND members alike will realize this and start trying to show that they are happy to be part of the community.

And Rising, I fully agree with the icon, and the power grades, but without the staff their would be an anarchy, and the Hive could quite possibly be in even worse condition. I just think the staff should be more like a mix of the helpful and "right to the point" Rising_Dusk, and the caring, respectful, and down right nice Wolv. I'm not saying change your personality, I'm saying change the way you act towards people in the Hive by being nicer, still critical but respectful in a sense that we can keep the Hive running at the peak of its performance.

Level 14
I'm not a mean person, I'm really not. My only vices are that I care too much and that I take things too personally. That's part of me, though, and I'd like to think that I make up for it as best I can. I don't want to pretend that I am someone I'm not, nor do I want to act like I'm perfect because I'm not. I'm not here at this site for the lulz, I am here because I want to help; that doesn't make me mean, that just makes me impersonal and distant to those seeking more of the former and less of the latter. I don't fit in with the vast majority of users here, and to be fair.. I don't really think that I want to, I'm sorry to say.

The big issue arises when the staff and users just don't respect people for who they are, they demand perfection in every sense of the word and yell and scream when it isn't matched. Everyone gets compared to Wolverabid, and no one ever matches up. Everyone says "Be more like him!" when you really just aren't and to do so would mean putting on a façade that just isn't real. Well we are not him, and maybe you'll never look at someone currently on the staff in the future and say "Man, that person did a good job," but maybe you can at least respect the fact that they were trying really hard..

A lot of people really like the site the way it is, though, a lot more than those who don't. That makes it tough to try to change things, particularly when the staff itself opposes you -- and not because your idea is bad, but simply because it's not the way they see the site. It makes it tough to try to improve things when faced with that kind of opposition, the kind that you just can't argue with. In light of that, I'm probably going to stop trying and just keep doing whatever it is that I do elsewhere. C'est la vie is all I can think of to say..

Level 26
Well, just joining the discussion, i must say that i agree with many of these points. I think that everyone should understand that all the moderators and administrators are all people, fallible normal people all subject to their own emotions and pre-conceived notions.

However, it is only natural to strive for improvement, and this human instinct thus proves the validity of these points. I believe that the moderators do their best in a difficult situation. They have been doing a good job and should be praised for it because they are the ones who make tough decisions for the greater good.

BUT there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

I agree that action should be taken, but WHAT action is the topic of debate. I suggest a discussion be open to these so called "suspected" moderators who other users think are slouching or misusing their powers. We ARE all equals and we all ARE human beings. we can all be reasoned with. It will be a long and arduous process but much easier to reason with pre-existing mods than to hire new ones who may have the same, or worse, problem(s).

It seems as though everyone, when they see a problem, believe that they can solve it or do a job better than someone else. I know I have felt this on many occasions, and not just on this website. HOWEVER do not let that fact discourage you from speaking up to try improve things.

This is a community, we all have a common interest and a shared goal. We must help each other and support each other.

You can always critique someone, just make sure that you are respectful and that is it CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Level 9
Rising in no way was I trying to say you were mean in any way, but i will say you are difficult to get along with because of your more direct and serious personality. I understand that you are trying to help and that you don't think you are getting a load of respect even when trying to help, but you are respected whether others believe it or not. I have thought things you said were strange, referring to when you said you don't see the Hive as a good modding site, but I believe with your help, and the respect of the others the Hive could become a better outfitted site.

Now I will say I doubt there will ever be another Wolv, but I do believe their will be great mods and staff members who are helpful and respectful, I personally would like to be at least a respected user later on in the Hive, but not everyone will live up to the given expectations. I now will say don't be like Wolv, just show respect, LIKE Wolv did. Be yourself and be respectful at the time as well. State your opinion but don't be an ass about it.

Example:

Hive member: Ok so I was curious as to what I could do with this model. I don't believe it is good but I would like criticism.

Disrespectful member: That model is shit ROFL! You should redo the whole thing and make it better or don't make it at all.

That was a bit dramatic but no matter what it can where on someones feelings no matter how mature or serious you believe them to be. Another example, for you Rising, now I'm not sure if I'm totally correct or not.

When someone bad mouths Rising_Dusk they may believe that they are doing it against someone who's serious and mature and wont care about it, he'll just shrug it off no worries. When actually he could take it personally and get very angry or upset over it.

Biggest tip I can come up with is think about others feelings before speaking, or do not speak at all.

Rising I personally think your doing a good job, I think all the Mods are doing a good job since the Hive is still up and running, but the staff is in turmoil whether people are seeing it. It is slowing poisoning the Hive and leaving it kicking for life. I highly doubt the Hive will ever shut down from lack of staff but it would become dismantled and very badly run.

Hopefully all who read this will realize what is happening and do what ever they can to help the Hive along.

Level 14
hawk_767 said:
I have thought things you said were strange, referring to when you said you don't see the Hive as a good modding site, but I believe with your help, and the respect of the others the Hive could become a better outfitted site.
I stand by what I said then, though. People in the chat and across the site are more here to just chat amongst themselves over a bunch of random stuff than on warcraft modding. It's probably me just being too used to having a whole staff and site dedicated to the development and improvement of the wc3 modding scene, but that same vibe just isn't here at this place. My heart's just not seeing it here.

Ultimately, people are trying to help the site, it's just that there's no one that everyone respects enough to bring everyone together, so everyone just does whatever it is that they do. Without that unification, nothing said here will ever actually matter. I used to think I could help there, but I've since realized that people here aren't looking for someone like me to fill those shoes. Anyways, I guess I could ramble around for hours here about just stuff and ways I think things could be better without my actually saying anything with any substance, so I think I'm just going to stop now.

Level 9
Alright Rising, I'll stand by whichever decision you make pertaining to the Hive.

I also see the Hive as a more community based site as well though. I think it will be more a general mapping site for resources WC3 or otherwise. It all depends on the user and what they hope to bring to the table, right now I think the Hive needs hard working, respectful staff because of the diverse personality selection they will be given to deal with.

Level 45
Its ALWAYS been like this and it will ALWAYS be like this. What can you expect from people who moderate this site as a tiny hobby, hell maybe even a hobby they dont like much at all. Regardless whether you do a complete rush of approving and moderation, you will ALWAYS end up in the same situation again with the same boring complaints. What I do dislike and annoys me is people say "I can do a better job" and when they do it? They do the exact same thing as the past moderators, they obviously do not understand its apart of human nature, we are not robots.

Thats natural, of course there will ALWAYS be conflicts, as long as 2 or a series of people are divided, hell even when they arent, you will have conflicts. This is something you cant expect to go away, the only thing you can do is manage the personal problems that cause these conflicts as best as you can and accept what you can and cant manage.

No, people need to know what they have the authority over. I have seen moderators doing things that arnt their call, hell even some of the admins/higher up. People need to sort out the areas they should keep their eyes at. If its not in their area or power then they should discuss it with the moderator who is in control over that area to discuss the correct punishment and KEEP it that way. Elenai to my knowlege has no rights to ban people like DIY Death, it was best left to discussion on that or done discretely and less immature.
To be honest I didnt really read all of this part since it seemed to mumble on abit so sorry if it goes over with what you already said.

I agree, but you have to take in some human consideration and not think of them entirely as robots or nothing in the future will work out. I am very agaisnt inactive or lazy moderators and im less angry towards abusive ones since I can understand them and relate, doesnt mean they arnt in the wrong however. Id rather work be alittle over done than not at all, power abuse you can easily manage, but can you really bring some good incentive to a lazy mod?

aurgh.. I have heard so many times that we need new people, I have seen this taken into action countless times. The new line of people that are now mods or were just previously demoted, Wow, people vouched for them and they said they could do the job. They obviously failed and it will fail again. Not unless people are getting paid to do this, driven to do this in terms of dependance or gives any value towards their actual personal lives, NO ONE will fix your problems unless they spend their life here and want to dedicate their life to it.
In other words, no. Also becuase im very bias to new users or those that havnt proven that much towards me in my eyes, however this is not my decision to make and I know that.

No, even with Wolve I saw problems, I was right at his side and sitting on his shoulder. Its the fact he was TOO nice and let so many little shits through, so many crap resources and bended the rules for people. He was FAR too soft, you need someone who is able to stamp their foot and welcome people, someone with the power to yes and no, AT THE RIGHT OCCASION. And if everyone on staff was like Wolve, wow, this place would be a complete shithole, users would be easily abusing the staff and..wow...very bad...

Now how about some opinions and maybe even action taken on what has been said here.

Remember watch what you say, you've been warned.
Yes, I remind you im not trying to sound aggressive or like i know everything, im a rather selfish user who has a slight addiction to control/power and I prefer to do things my way or its the highway for those that dont agree with me. Its just this stuff REALLY sounds old, repetative and its NOT going to solve anything unless people magically lose their human qualities.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...)
There are many submission sections, but if you're speaking about maps, I have already given my two cents on the matter, if I'm not wrong.

(...)
When? I haven't seen any confrontations in a while now.
I can assure that I am not going to create a drama thread because of people insisting in messing with my business.

We can't simply act like something we're not. Wolverabid respected and was respected, and he was 40 years old. I have no idea how he had the patience for this, seriously. Then again, things were different back in 2007...

Level 34
Ya know, I'd like to point out that we have, and have had, some pretty damn good moderators.

Hawkwing just retired, which is too bad. I was unhappy about how quickly he got onto the staff, but he put that worry behind me. He put a lot into this site, and it wore him out fast. He did a fantastic job in the Arena.

brad used to be an asshole (I hope he doesn't mind me saying), but he's become one of the best moderators on the site. He's taken care of the community pretty well. I don't know if people realize that for a while he was about the only one actively taking care of the Site Discussion and all off-topic forums.

Rising_Dusk has been a huge factor in everything being done lately. The site owes quite a lot to him. I finally realized that he might actually know his shit. :)

Mecheon. It's funny how him getting angry, or at least telling someone off, makes everyone's day better. He's almost always fair though.

Samuraid, although not terribly active, is one of the best moderators (if not the best) I've ever seen on any site. Fair, reasonable, smart, and friendly. The guys awesome.

Wolverabid. That is all I need to say.

Guys like Pyrite, Elenai, donut, HINDY, Rui, Spetimus, DSG (ect. ect.), they all gave/give a lot of time and energy into the sites resources and helping others.

Oh and Ralle of course. Although I don't really know him much, the times I've seen him in chat have always been fun. Maybe if he was a little more active on the site I'd get to know him! :p

I just thought we always focus on the bad, there's been good too you know!

Level 24
The staff was awesome while I was there.

Lol.

Now seriously, what do you expect, someone to devote their whole life to a site? and to be honest, there are not many qualified people who have time/are willing to moderate. Too many people bitch, but that isn't helping, really. Leave it as it is: the staff will eventually come around and fix what needs fixing. And many pending maps in the section won't kill anyone: they can still be commented/downloaded/rated.

The only real issue might be the staff fights, but a demotion here and there would help. But yes, let's leave the important matters for the people above.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
LiOneSS said:
Now seriously, what do you expect, someone to devote their whole life to a site?
Especially when you don't get anything in return but insults, ingratitude and people playing politicians.

LiOneSS said:
And many pending maps in the section won't kill anyone: they can still be commented/downloaded/rated.
What I've been saying forever now.
Pending and Approved status are the same. The main thing the Approved map has that the Pending map does not is a decent review. Noticed the underlined word?
My stand is: you either get a decent evaluation on your map, or you don't get it at all.

P.S. – I have already considered a few people for map moderators. I just need to be sure I can trust their work. I don't know how much time that will take, but we'll see.

Level 35
Staff dissent said:
stuff, blah, blah, blah

Its rather difficult to do anything properly:

When on one hand you get yelled at for actually using your powers, with whining users calling for your head on a plate.

When on another hand you get yelled at for loosening up so that users aren't constantly calling for your head on a plate.

Then on a different hand you get yelled at for NOT using your powers, and people STILL call for your head on a plate.

And on top of this, you have to deal with the stupidity of real life, and after the day you'd rather just have some fun at the HIVE...but you can't because you'll get yelled at, and threatened, and people start laying siege to everything you do.

And then you have people who like to make the HIVE even less unpleasant, by calling you out on every stupid little thing, and getting away with it, and when you stand up to them they royally screw you for giving them the right smack they deserved.

---

'LULZ! internet srs buznus!!!!!!????"

'God Elenai! Loosen up!'

---

'God Elenai, pay attention to the chat once in a while'

'For f*cks sake Elenai, take your job seriously.'

'sex talk! BAN BAN BAN! Ur not allowed to try and loosen up! LULZ!'

---

"kicked: ABUSE ABUSE ABUSE! I'm TELLING RALLE! UR GONNA GET DEMOTED AND STRIPPED OF REP AND EVERY THING YOU WORKED FOR TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU CUZ I"M POPULAR AND ABOVE THE RULES! HAOSIS HAOSIS HAOSIS!"

'Geez Elenai, you shouldn't have done that, you should have did it differently, I don't like how you handled that, it wasn't my way so its wrong, your logic is flawed, you are inconsistent, you are not objective, that was too harsh, that wasn't harsh enough, that wasn't harsh enough in how you were not harsh enough, you didn't play favourites on my terms so you are abusing."

---

Real life:

"Hey <my real name> Where are you thinking of living? When are you going to move out, when are you going to get a job, its either get a job or go to school, I don't care if you have to walk about 5 hours to get there because you don't have a car, hey guess what <my real name>, why don't you dance with a sign for a pizza joint? OH that would be such a great job for you! Just throw away all your dignity and do something you'd despise because I'm tired of feeding you!"

"If you don't do this! There's the door! *threat threat threat*"

"You're lazy! You do nothing around the house! (thats not true) YES IT IS DAMN IT, I DO EVERYTHING AROUND HERE! *complaint* *complaint* *complaint*"

---

And then on top of that there is other stresses I have to deal with...such as trying very, very, VERY hard to keep a failing heart alive! Which has kept me UP every night, for the PAST TWO MONTHS until THREE BLINKING O CLOCK IN THE MORNING!

---

And of course this is something I'm sure alot of the staff have to deal with. Which will probably explain our rather hateful attitudes towards each other, because who wants to be lorded over by an equal, when you already have people lording over you already, and you can't seem to find even the slightest bit of fun because you have responsibilities on the HIVE, and accountability, and half the user-base wouldn't miss you if you died!

And half the time you can't even express a minor amount of dissent without causing a bleeding crapstorm.

That's just my opinion...

The problem is, that we ARE expected to be perfect, and we are not, and when ever we try to do one thing, someone whines, and when we do it another way, other people whine, cause drama, and soil your name in the process, all because you wear a stupid icon, and you don't do anything special for 'them'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rui
Level 35
I've given Pyritie coutnless chances to stop the fighting.

I only fight when people start taking dumps on everything I stand for/do/like/love.

I often give my foe plenty of chances, plenty of treaties, ceasefires, apologies, attempts to stop the fighting. But no usually they want to continue, and demand that I bow before them, and kneel to their conditions and let them walk all over me, and any conditions I make are just unfair it seems, its not like I've only asked for a bit of respect for me or someone else, and then I drop it immediately if they provide it.

Level 31
You're just making sure Rui notices you and doesn't miss re-promoting you.
Pff.

Wrong, that is because most of the map in this past few months been approve based on quality and gameplay rather than coding efficiency.

After all, if a map have to be judge based on quality and gameplay. Why not judge it through rating and not through approve/reject ? After all, a approve map must be 100% secure and safe from all those defective coding that could gradually crash/lag the entire wc3.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Sorry if this is consider as off topic, but I generally think the approve system should focus the main priority at coding efficiency.
(...)
I really don't get you. First, you said the priority was the bug tracking, now you speak of efficient coding...? Make up your mind.
I've seen you quite a few times bringing in the forums triggers, so you obviously open up the maps to check the coding. How do you do with protected maps? There's nothing you can check in those, besides the lag.

Its rather difficult to do anything properly:

When on one hand you get yelled at for actually using your powers, with whining users calling for your head on a plate.

When on another hand you get yelled at for loosening up so that users aren't constantly calling for your head on a plate.

Then on a different hand you get yelled at for NOT using your powers, and people STILL call for your head on a plate.

And on top of this, you have to deal with the stupidity of real life, and after the day you'd rather just have some fun at the HIVE...but you can't because you'll get yelled at, and threatened, and people start laying siege to everything you do.

And then you have people who like to make the HIVE even less unpleasant, by calling you out on every stupid little thing, and getting away with it, and when you stand up to them they royally screw you for giving them the right smack they deserved.
True, I feel the same.

Why don't we stop closing Site Discussion threads and simply discuss the damn matters? These threads seem to be the only place where staff members can speak out their feelings.
That's why I propose a face-to-face talk between you and Pyritie right here on this thread. You both are civilized, I'm sure the entire staff expects you not to start flaming each other. At least I don't.

Level 31
I really don't get you. First, you said the priority was the bug tracking, now you speak of efficient coding...? Make up your mind.
I've seen you quite a few times bringing in the forums triggers, so you obviously open up the maps to check the coding. How do you do with protected maps? There's nothing you can check in those, besides the lag.

Ooopss, sorry for the confusion. Yeah, bug tracking is the main priority. The main reason why I said coding efficiency is because those bug are usually occur at defective GUI/JASS/VJASS setup.

As for protected map, I always request them to send me those unprotected version for further evaluation.

Level 28
Hmm after reading all the before pages, my little conclusion is just that this is most likely not, what the staff is meant to be -> a team.
I mean, how can it be that difficult for no more than x staffmembers to get along with each other?
I'm surely respecting the different opinions on subject x, but as a team you all should work together, which is, sadly, not what I've been encountering here :/
--just another post..

Level 24
And this is where the thread derails. Keep on topic, don't let this be locked.

People, the thing that is the certain something a mod needs to have is exactly the ability to know where to cut it. Staying dignified, and keeping the dirty stuff out of public, and try to avoid hostility. Most of them... well... don't. So that's the main issue. Anger-management classes might help.

Level 4
*high-fives Rui*
A new system like:
Approved-for maps with rating 2-4, no review, just stating the map is playable
Reviewed-For maps with rating of 5, with a review

it would be awesome.

That's a bit dumb. Why does a map need a review if it's a 5? It should need a review for the lower ratings especially, so the moderator can tell the maker what's wrong with it...

Level 9

I'm pretty sure this has been under discussion since I joined the hive.

Humans will not coexist with each other, whether in person or via internet.
I think it is possible to control yourself not to argue but I am not a mod so that doesn't seem to be my problem to fix.

I think the bans are very ... unscheduled, if you will, but is there really a solution to that? we don't want the hive to be as bureaucratic as vogons after all. think about it, for mods banning would be like this

Find rule breaker
Create thread
Discuss crime
Conclude decision
Ban user

Is that really how we want it? Ultimately it's not up to me but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

Isn't that what the Admins do?

Oooooh, you mock me so much with this paragraph!

Really most of this stuff doesn't need allot of input from other users mostly mods admins and then the decision by Ralle.

Level 34
Maybe we need a system that give a cookie to Map moderators for each map they review so tehy'll be more motivated in their task 8D
Even if in most case map submission/day > map could be reviewed/day with currently 863 pending maps.So a clean map section is just utopic.

Ok, we and I understand that that the map section needs fixing.

But this is pure lovemaking* irony:
The Hentai Show II 1.0 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

*Can't say the F-word now.

Level 12
I've given Pyritie coutnless chances to stop the fighting.

I only fight when people start taking dumps on everything I stand for/do/like/love.

I often give my foe plenty of chances, plenty of treaties, ceasefires, apologies, attempts to stop the fighting. But no usually they want to continue, and demand that I bow before them, and kneel to their conditions and let them walk all over me, and any conditions I make are just unfair it seems, its not like I've only asked for a bit of respect for me or someone else, and then I drop it immediately if they provide it.

We apologize for not having brought you the news batch sooner. Archian, our Art & Site Director, made this wonderful image you see above but nobody took the initiative of actually posting the news, so I guess I will, like last time.

[c][c]Rising_Dusk
"I am going to drive you into the ground (...)"

[r]
[c]Rui
"And girls complain about their periods..."

[c]
[c]General Frank
"I neg repped him and will ban him if he fucks me again."

[r]
[c]zombie2279
"why is Rising so distant from the community? D:"

Why the hell are Rui and Elenai posting this kind of dramatic garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.