1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Group up and create a Warcraft hero based on a member of the Hive and win up to 100 rep and a rank icon. Enter the team contest now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The results for Mini-Mapping Contest #14 is up! Congratulate the winners here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Concept Art Competition #10 has come to an end. Check out the results!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest#3 has finished. Check out the results!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Music Contest #9 - Steampunk has begun! Tell the nearest aristocrat, aviator or adventurer.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rewards for the 27th texturing contest have been upped and deadline extended. Enter now to win the new cash price.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The [$100 Prize Pool] Special Melee Mapping Contest - Results are out! Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. We need your help nominating resources for or next YouTube video. Post here now.
    Dismiss Notice

[$100 Prize Pool] Melee Mapping Contest - Poll

Discussion in 'Poll Depository' started by Naze, Nov 22, 2017.

?

Cast your vote on up to 5 entries:

Poll closed Dec 6, 2017.
  1. Coral Reef - by The Panda

18.6%
  2. The Forgotten Realm - by Abovegame

6.8%
  3. Violet Outpost - by Mr.Henci

15.3%
  4. The Etherium - by Erkan

22.0%
  5. Irresistible Mind - by MysteryMaze

13.6%
  6. Thawing Snow - by Knecht

18.6%
  7. Outskirts Stroll - by Arrr

8.5%
  8. River Valley - ysuk9127

8.5%
  9. Fields of Ruin - by mafe

22.0%
  10. Iceberg Throne - by Alex-dqw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Waterfalls - by XanderD

6.8%
  12. Forsaken Trinity - by forsaker

6.8%
  13. Emerald Nightmare - by Maxwell

30.5%
  14. Blizz City - by Mads Buus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Endgame in the Nether World - by Adney

8.5%
  16. Fractured Monarch - Ascrelle

10.2%
  17. Flame Wars - Paillan

3.4%
  18. Pirate Coasts - by moyackx

3.4%
  19. Crown of Thorns - by doom_sheep

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Living Woods - by Blood Raven

18.6%
  21. Taiga's Hegemony - by RehcraM

5.1%
  22. Swamped Temple - by Anomines

15.3%
  23. Gilneas in Winter - ny RFWH

13.6%
  24. Warrior Shrine - by borissuworov

6.8%
  25. Temple Field - by TheEarthquake

3.4%
  26. Sigilo - by Diegoit

3.4%
  27. Pillars of Honor - by twojstaryjakcie

13.6%
  28. Valley of Skulls - by BLazeKraze

8.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Naze

Naze

Off-Topic Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SPECIAL MELEE MAPPING CONTEST - 1v1

PRIZES AND EXPOSURE SPONSORED BY BACK2WARCRAFT

Create a competitive 1v1 melee map that excels in terrain, dynamic, and creativity, but most importantly balance, for a chance to win $100 among many prizes!

[​IMG]
    • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
    • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
    • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
    • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
    • You cannot invite friends to vote strictly for you in the poll.

[​IMG]
    • First Place: 30 reputation points, your entry on the award icon, a Back2Warcraft T-shirt, and $100 through paypal!
    • Second Place: 20 reputation points, an award icon, a Back2Warcraft T-shirt, and $50 through paypal
    • Third Place: 10 reputation points, an award icon, a Back2Warcraft T-shirt, and $25 through paypal
    In addition, higher quality maps will have a chance to go on competitive map pools on 3rd party leagues and tournaments.

[​IMG]
    Judges will also receive a free Back2Warcraft T-shirt!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Balance Is the map balanced for a player vs player 1v1? Are the positions and distance between points of interest fair? Does the map allow the 4 races to be balanced?
    Consider balance when implementing the pathing, resources, creep camps, and item drops.
    50/100
    Terrain Is the map visually pleasing in mediums of terrain, doodad placement, and overall theme? Is the map repetitive? Is the aesthetic well designed but not overly obstructive? 35/100
    Creativity & Uniqueness Does the map bring something new or creative to the table? 15/100
    Bugs Scores may be brought down if there are bug-like issues such as faulty pathing, unusable resources, etc -

• 75% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • 25% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
    Contest thread can be found here.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  2. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Time to vote. :)

3. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
  4. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It was really hard to me to decide the 5 maps for voting, very good work all of you Hive-mappers

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  5. GhostHunter123

GhostHunter123

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There are like only 4 entries left out, and they are finished entries. Can't we just add them?

6. Anomines

Anomines

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I still edited the presentation, hope thats fine. Think I read somewhere in the old thread that it would be ok

(2)Swamped Temple

Anyways, good luck, will check out all maps and vote tomorrow
    Was quite enjoyable to use the editor after years of abstinence

7. Maxwell

Maxwell

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Subscribe

8. Naze

Naze

Off-Topic Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We aren't getting more than 30 maps, sorry =/ it was supposed to be 20 at first, accepting 30 maps is actually an extra step we're taking.

Please people, read the rules:

9. borissuworov

borissuworov

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cast your vote?
    Are you serious?
    Is not it better to rely on a star-rating in front of our maps:
    [​IMG]
    ???

In my opinion its more optimal then what we do here... Looks like judges gone away.
    Then I give my vote to mafe, because without his reviews was hard to me to make a high-quality map. Unfortunately I did not have time to get acquainted with the works of the other contestants. Good luck to all! Thanx for reading this.

10. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @borissuworov

"Is not it better to rely on a star-rating in front of our maps:"

No, the star system doesnt change after the updates, if you uploaded a 3/5 star maps and then after hard work you update and deserves a 5/5 the 3/5 will sitll be there, few users consider to change the raiting after updates, so it will be biased by the first upload and it will not reflect the update.

Also the rates there are publics so you can bias others rate, here is secret. I think the secret rate is very important

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  11. borissuworov

borissuworov

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can operate only a star-number OR may write a formula which will take into account the number of voted users and the evaluation of each. Do not make a kindergarten here...

12. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Also the rates there are publics so you can bias others rate, here is secret. I think the secret rate is very important

"Do not make a kindergarten here..."

I just giving my opinion and trying to give a fair justification and I respect yours, this kind of statements are no needed between hive-users

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  13. borissuworov

borissuworov

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I noticed that the voters sit in the leaders' friends, therefore the one who has more friends on hiveworkshop will win. This is my prediction.

14. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes I am worry about that too, but we canĀ“t do nothing against free raiting, using the star system will be the same, people will go and say nice map 5/5 and in the other nice map 3/5 with not even tell why, the star system is also free to go.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  15. Maxwell

Maxwell

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So what will change if judges will count star-rating? Your Friend still are able to give you 5/5. Nonsense.

16. borissuworov

borissuworov

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with this.
    But on the hiveworkshop more people are aware of the star-rating than the reference to the depth of this thread.
    By the way, here is a simple formula: How Do We Calculate the Overall Score and Star Rating? : Charity Navigator

17. Anomines

Anomines

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

I think the same. I guess the best way would have been to make a community vote within the community that plays it rather than amongst the people here. So i think a vote like this should be held on wc3 reddit/wc3info or pages like that

18. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This do not decide the wining only the 25%, and bugs go negative points, the judges are from outside of the Hive, that will reduce the friend bias effect.

If you want to know as mapper I studied the 30 maps and I rated as fair I could, probably many others will do the same...

Also it does not look good, to change things wile the rate is going on, this talk should have started before and not under the votation, it will really look bad to delete this votation
    but I think for the next contest it would be cool to chit chat how to improve the rate/vote system.

19. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Using the stars from Map Section for a contest is useless for a contest poll.
    Once the contest is over, there will be no "proof" for the result since the star rating will
    keep changing.
    Having the vote take place on another side is absolute nonsense, since someone could simply
    tell the people to get to that other side - in fact, for the staff, it would be even more problematic
    to ensure that no one got "influenced" to vote there - it might even make it easier for peopl to vote
    for themselves.

The rules state that you are not allowed to have others vote for your entry - it doesn't matter
    if you are bribing them for doing it or not, it is not allowed and will result in disqualification.
    However, you are not disallowed from inviting other people to vote if you're not telling them
    to vote them - as in, just link the contest thread and not saying anything else.

Does this result in some people voting for the friend who linked the thread to them? Of course it does.
    Can you do anything about it?
    Well, you could FORBID people to link contests at all, but that's pretty extreme - even for someone like me
    who "keeps going the way of extremes". It's like people who are not even participating cannot share the
    contest to other people.

The user poll is easily abused, yes, but that is why the opinion of the appointed judges is considered
    to be more valuable (hence the 75%).

20. borissuworov

borissuworov

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am tired of this democracy, where the voices decide everything ... This contest just needs a good judge.

I think that this is impossible. No one will judge from the side.
    But I know a great melee expert here on hiveworkshop that saw all ours maps: deepstrasz