• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.9 SERVER UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You better rebuild and fix your "no player facing changes" blizzard. vJass no longer works and my own map now crashes.

Can confirm.
I made a fresh map and took some vjass code from this thread: [vJASS] - Globals and Scopes inside (scroll down a few replies)
upload_2020-12-15_5-32-32.png

Level 21
^ same here, xmas around the corner and all...

Do i have to hope for the 23th now?

edit: don't read the official forum thread, it makes you angry and sad

Last edited:
Same. Getting random crashes all over the place in my custom maps
Is it really just vJass users that have troubles?

I'm using GUI and experience crashes in my map which I never did before.

Are either of your maps using Lua scripting mode (even if you are using GUI) and are you getting crashes with testmap or in games you play on bnet? And do your maps use folder mode in the editor?

Also, if you are willing to share you GUI maps with @Kam he might be able to get them to be looked at.

Last edited:
Level 12
I don't use any Lua in my map, but occasionally some Jass to clean up leaks or create lightning effects.

My crashes happen during "Test map" (ctrl + F9). The weird thing is that until yesterday this map never crashed while testing. To be sure it's an external change and not something within my triggers, I tested an old version of my map, and this old version now also crashes randomly.

To exclude any more factors I also re-started my PC, but again experienced a random crash after testing for 2 min. Unfortunately it's really random when it crashes; sometimes after 2 min, sometimes after 5 min, and sometimes I can test for 10 min without crashing...

@Kam If you would be so kind to look at it, here my map Land of Legends v0.1.46 | HIVE

Level 7
I am crashing in custom games which were generally stable before, what is going on! How can a server issue patch cause problems with custom games?

WC3 players are clearly just trash to Blizzard now, no investment is being made into this product, is this some form of punishment for complaining over the shitshow that was Reforged launch? We complained about the product so Blizzard have abandoned it. There are many people that had faith in Blizzard fixing this mess and didn't refund, what have we been left with now?

As a long time custom map maker I'm losing hope and patience with this, we wait for months for a new patch and we get another downgrade that, once again, makes things worse. I don't want a Refund and I don't even care about Reforged anymore, I just want WC3 to be restored to what we had before and all the missing features back.

Level 11
Have some reports:

1. Even after making a copy of my map and deleting all triggers, the crashes still happens.
2. The crashes only happens when using test map from the editor and not when playing it form the game itself (singleplayer).

So it seems to be an issue with test map and not triggers. Hope that helps. @TriggerHappy

Level 7
Honestly, all of us who continue to work on something related to Warcraft III are masochists.

They've been kicking, hitting and spitting us for 1 year and we keep visiting forums or working on our maps.

Level 4
If Blizzard manages to have more stuff broken than release when the release anniversary arrives, that will be a new bottom I couldn't believe possible

Level 16
True, but what more does it take for y'all to use an older version or at least wait until you make sure the latest patch is safe?
am I the only one who still have my 1.26 copy?

I also have 1.30 copy but I never use it to create maps because I want my maps available for greatest number of players possible.

Edit: my 1200th post

Level 27

Reforged is the wife in a stagnating marriage of 7 years, and 1.26 is that old flame who found you on Facebook, failing to temptation is admiting taking a really bad life choice xD

At the end of the time, this is a communication problem.

If the DEV team took their time to explain what is their priority during this initial patch run, and explained that the graphics team was going to repair models and how that isn't done by the same team as the code monkeys, people would have been more forgiving.

Even releasing a list with bugged things, that have been solved, could at least frame the efforts on the Devs on a better light, because that chicken footprints patch, looks like a bitchslap to those who still believed on Reforged.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

I also have 1.30 copy but I never use it to create maps because I want my maps available for greatest number of players possible.

Edit: my 1200th post

I'll never go back.

And even if I did I would go for 1.29/1.30 for widescreen and new natives.

Level 4
AFAIK it's the 1.3x versions that started crashing custom maps, but some users seem OK¿ with that because more natives
I keep playing 1.28.5

Level 16
I'll never go back.

And even if I did I would go for 1.29/1.30 for widescreen and new natives.
well If I am sure 1.31 is easily used by everyone I would make my maps on it, but I dont think there is cracked version of 1.3x so I must be sure maps playable in earlier patches.

but yes i have 1.30 for this screen and for @Warseeker campaigns since they are not compatable pre 1.3x sadly

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
but why tho
Because wc3 by default looks like a drunk 4 year old made the models. The textures are good for what they have to work with (aka low poly and low resolution)
I know some people like the old school graphics, but I really don't and I cannot understand why.

I don't think reforged is ideal either, but for me it's a dozen times better than the old.

Status
Not open for further replies.