• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Strife: Tribulations v1.2a

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
ERm8wWX.jpg

v1.2a

After Exodus Day, the day Lord Lothrim turned to evil forces and betrayed his entire Kingdom, a few key heroes attempted to defend neighbouring villages from the onslaught of his army. Some succeeded, but when others failed, they were captured.

Now a bloodlust-ridden Lothrim, after having brought the kingdom of Rakasla to it's knees, has decided to pit his prisoners against each other in a gladitorial arena for his undead subject's pleasure. You must raise an army and compete with your old allies for your very survival.

Though it would be wise to expect the evil Lord to have a personal hand in your Tribulations...

World of Strife: Tribulations is a 1-8 player army building game with 40 rounds of PVP & PVE levels and is the prequel to World of Strife: Retribution & sequel to World of Strife: Exodus

Features Include:

• 10 Custom Factions each containing 6 unique units with three tiers to each base unit and 5 additional branching units per faction. 2 more factions and more units to be added in the future.
• 40 Rounds of PVP & PVE combat including 3 co-op Boss Rounds & 3 co-op Castle Siege Rounds.
• 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and FFA arenas
• A Mini-Game in the sky used to gain more Spell Points (Lumber)
• Commands to Zoom, Show Income, Show Faction Limits, Show Army Value, Show Wins, & Kick.

Update Log:

- v1.00 -
+Release

- v1.1 -
+Fix to boss rounds 15 & 35 for 3-4 players not working properly.
+Fix for AR not giving builders.

- v1.1a -
+Fix for Mecha Boar not being removed from the pen when you try and summon it.

- v1.1b -
+Removed icon from Upgrade Shrine that wasn't supposed to be there.
+Better descriptions for upgrades.
+Adjusted the icons of some units that were passive but the icons didn't reflect it being passive.
+Adjusted tints of some units for better differentiation.
+Dummy icons hidden so they don't show as bright green when the game is paused.

- v1.1c -
+More descriptive tooltips.
+Fixed some tooltip errors.

- v1.1d -
+Reduced Lothrim's spell cast range.
+Added replacement models for the Frost Enchantress & Flame Enchantress.
+Mini Game now only activated by command at the beginning of the game. (Can cause selection bug when active)

- v1.11a -
+Fixed leaderboard crash caused from latest WC3 patch
+Increased difficulty of Pestilence & Doom Hydra for Round 35
+Minor tool tip fixes

- v1.11b -
+Decreased damage and duration of new spell added to Round 35 Pestilence
+Fixed Spectral Blast spell from Ghastly Spirit crash caused from latest WC3 patch

- v1.12 -
+Fixed Crusader crash caused from latest WC3 patch
+Intro adjusted to play similarly to our other WoS maps.
+Model fix for Spellbinder's spell that caused lag.

- v1.12a -
+Re-worked the Castle Siege Rounds (20, 30, 40) to spawn less enemies up front and spawn them as you progress through the round instead to prevent memory crashes.
+Ghastly Spirit ability changed, old one still caused a crash.
+Updated how -endround command works to hopefully fix a crash related to it.
+Elite Commander unit now has Hero damage over Siege damage, costs 130 gold now.
+Dusk Blades Tier 3 limited to 6.
+Paladin Knights now have limits.
+Greed cooldown from spell vault now 3 minutes.
+ Few more slight balance changes.

- v1.2 -
+New Faction added; Bruzaar Goldbeard
+Income fixed since Reforged broke it
+New 2v2 and 3v3 arenas
+If you don't pick a builder, it auto-picks a builder for you now at the end of the countdown to start
+Pestilence only appears on round 15 now

+Doom Hydra only appears on round 25 now
+Bone Twins added as level 35 boss fight
+Added Dispel to the Spell Vault
+Fixed a bug where you could buy items from another player's Spell Vault
+Change tool tips for "Summon Building" to "Build Unit"
+Using Sacrifice works on lvl 40 now
+Added 10dps poison ability to Hydrotyphon
+Swapped Hydrotypon's attack to hero and armor to medium

+Autocast button position updated to not interfere with tier upgrades for units
+Income gain added to income upgrades tooltip
+Updated tooltips for upgrade building, re-did hotkeys to QWER layout
+Spell vault tooltip hotkeys updated to QWER layout
+Fix tooltip for Phantasm Tier 1's description incorrectly stating the stats for Ethereal Skin
+Correct Tier 2 Rune Golem's defense to 7 from 8.
+Fix tooltip for Trample and fixed damage to 150 from 50 as the ability says.
+Added Frozen Skin ability to Frost Elemental & buffed Frost Nova. Increased cost by 15.
+Fixed tooltips for all three Druids to correctly display healing amounts.
+Fixed incorrect tooltip for Magician Squire Tier 3
+Tactical Flare on the Mortar Cannoneer wasn't working as intended, so it has been changed to a friendly AoE buff that increases health and mana regeneration rate by 300% for 3 seconds.
+Added specifics to the Attack & Armor upgrades that better explain that the bonuses for these upgrades are only shown on units in battle.
+Updated King's Guard icon to be the footman.
+Updated Frost Enchantress' icon to Jaina.
+Upgraded and updated Divine Blessing ability for High Vicar, hit point regeneration is now 5HP a second instead of 1, and now accurately gives +5 armor instead of +2 like the tooltip previously said.
+Updated Cold Arrows tooltips to better display bonus damage and % slowed for the targeted enemy.
+Corrected the Tier 1 Archer's name to Ranger for Sapphyre.
+Corrected tooltip for Arcane Sorceress to show the right amount of mana regen for her aura.
+Corrected tooltip for the Axe Mercanary Fortify ability.
+Added Pipe Bomb ability for Tier's 2 and 3 of the Tinker.
+Fixed and buffed the Rejuvanation Potion of the Goblin Alchemist to 350 HP over 3 seconds, whereas it incorrectly only healed 100 HP over 3 seconds before. Previously has a 1 second CD, now is 10 seconds.
+Buffed Critical Strike for all 3 Goblin Mechs, now 2x damage instead of 1.25x.
+Buffed lazer ability for Gnomeland Security, now deals 200 damage instead of 150.
+Updated Melee/Ranged Armor/Attack tooltips
+Hydro Electric art SFX and icon replaced
+Spectre units sized down some for reforged scaling
+Mystic ability Vortex buffed to do 225 damage and fixed a typo in it's tooltip
+Updated hotkeys for spells in the spell shop for QWER layout
+T2 Knight Apostle's defense corrected to 4 instead of 2.
+Added evasion to T2 & T3 of the Hydrophid
+Increased limits of Ancient Effigy & Magmaw Turtle by +1
+Orvexis boss nerfed and better balanced for the first two boss levels
+Updated every Builder tooltip.
+Knight Apostle icon updated
+Updated Specter model
+Added entangling roots details to Druid T3.
+Updated icon for Frozen Wail.
+Updating icon and model for Astral Aura.
+Updated text in the beginning of the game
+Water Ele t1 cost 20 instead of 25
+Ironfist monk iron gauntlet model removed
+Wraith upgrade Hotkey fixed
+Middle 2v2 Arena now has shared income on bounty, same with bottom corner arenas
+Bounty greatly increaded for towers and heroes killed during Castle Siege rounds
+Knight Templar T3 Costs 150 now
+Updated 'How to Play' in quests log
+Mounted Archer icons updated to match the overall look of Noren's other units
+Warden of King model and icon updated
+Builder button positions updated to be static for UR pick
+Updated models for Choose your character!, Upgrade Shrine, and Spell Vault
+Updated placement of floating text in pens
+Tier 2 Dragoon no longer costs an extra food
+Magician Squire's Healing Wards buffed for t2 and t3
+Hydromancers sized down across all tiers
+Added discord link in quests, loading screen and map description
+Updated Quests menus
+Tidal Wave range increased to 850
+Astral Aura icon and model updated
+Starting HP for all siege attack units balanced overall.
+The t3 Tinker ability Reconstruct cast cooldown is now 1 second, has 750 cast range instead of 350, and a cool down of 25 instead of 30
+Adjusted placement of True Sight & Shade's Dust icon placement for Ghastly Spirit T2
+Resurrection cast range now 600 instead of 400
+Food cost of T3 Hyrophid, Hydrotypon, and Frost Elemental reduced by 1 each.
+Mirror Mage now starts with max mana instead of no mana.
+Re-balanced all siege units

- v1.2a -
+Judgement Aura fixed, now correctly has 1000 range.
+Fixed a bug where text would display the wrong outcome of battle for players in the bottom left arena. (Previously the gold was given to the correct players, was just a text error.)

Modes:

Red can choose one of the following two modes at the beginning of the game & also choose to enable the Mini-Game which allows players to fight in the sky for additional Spell Points. (Note: Not necessary to choose any of the modes.)

-ar = All Random
-ur = Unique Races
-mg = Enables Mini-Game in the sky

Terrain & In-Game Screenshots:

Army Pens
r3NjJla.png

2v2 Arena
VABfCjc.png

Corpse Ramp Arena
x7FBzpl.png

x7FBzpl

Doom Hydra Arena
mC482gQ.png

Ga9Dddk

Pestilence Arena
XyhJxyK.png

XyhJxyK

Sewers Arena
FrJdcgS.png

FrJdcgS

Mini-Game Preview
n1tvC8i.png

n1tvC8i

Lothrim's Arena
an4Vc4Y.png

an4Vc4Y

Drokar Ik'tael

pupkPeP.jpg

Elthina Lynthos

wYvOw4q.jpg

Kamek Drak'il

SogmasG.png

Krath Drak'il

6Va9WJa.png

Lashar Ajax

niOPEoE.jpg

Natalya

2DbEL3I.png

Norendithas Bladehand

e9GUht9.jpg

Sapphyre Wyndhart

SW9o8EY.png

Voruel Ebyncrest

CqxW1CA.png

Triggers:
Krath

Terrain:
Saken

Unit Editing:
Krath & Saken

Mini-Game & Mini-Game Assets:
Qormagg / 00110000 (Hive)

Custom Icons:
Shaeam
Pyramidhead
BloodElf300
Valkyron
KingLuis
Murlocologist
Blood Raven
zbc
PeeKay
Mc!

Custom Models:
Bart_Illidan
Elenai
jigrael
Sellenisko
Callahan
Kwalit
WolfmanArc
Pyramidhead
JesusHipster
armel
Afronight_76
General Frank
Tarrasque
UgoUgo
Kitabatake
Debode
HerrDave
Grey Knight
Pvt.Toma
Norinrad
Kuhneghetz
Tarrasque
UgoUgo
Kitabatake
PRMosquito
Sin'dorei300
Himperion

Custom Skins:
Just_Spectating
67chrome
Ampharos_222
Daenar7
Cloudwolf
bigapple90
Afronight_76
General Frank
Tarrasque
UgoUgo
Kitabatake
Debode
HerrDave

*If somehow we missed adding you to our credits please let us know so we can correct that.*

Other:
Map Size: 160 x 192
Playable Map Size: 158 x 184
Suggested Players: 4-8
Tileset: Black Citadel

Keywords: army, building, FFA, PVE, PVP, Krath, Saken, Flex, DuckinFustin

Contact: To reach out to us, feel free to join our discord, where we're most active, or go to our Twitch channels below.
Clan Wolf Pack Discord
Krath/Flex on wc3: Twitch
Saken/DuckinFustin on wc3: Twitch
Contents

World of Strife: Tribulations v1.2a (Map)

Level 10
I really like your custom race/nation idea instead of classics like Human Orc etc. It's nice to see some different stuff. From the screenshots terrain looks really cool, I'm reserving this spot for now. When I'll try it soon I'll edit my comment and rate it :goblin_yeah:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. Priest upgrade is called Train Priest.
  2. The Upgrade Shrine's icon has an armour slot on it.
  3. True Sight on Sorceresses has an active icon. Same with Command Aura on Elite Commanders, Spell Reduction on Pikemen.
  4. Some skin/(much more potent) hue variation for units that look alike but have (slightly) different roles.
  5. Some units have a dummy ability/icon on them which turns green on F10/game pause. You should hide the ability via triggers. The Frost Nova should be placed instead of that ability. Same with Incinerate and Polymorph. Somehow this disappeared from the next three Sorceresses I fully upgraded.
  6. Upgrading unit damage doesn't work. No value is added. Also, units don't have upgrade slots. Actually, they work but you can only see the green added bonus during battle.
  7. Since you've mentioned how much life and mana are given by and how many levels those upgrades have, why not do the same with the other upgrades?
  8. One of the Ballistae did not want to fully upgrade basically the upgrade disappeared. I upgraded two at a time but I doubt that's the issue. I think the problem is with the max number of those units which is not 3 as in their description but a lot more. I think it might have something to do with the rounds. The ability/building/training resets or something so it appears on the builder again.
  9. Is Sapphyre Windhardt supposed to be undead? Actually all builders are. Does Summon Building not work otherwise?
Good map nevertheless. Replayability value and variety.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 5
Thank you for the approval, deepstrasz. I'm looking into all the points you mentioned and will update the map to a version with my fixes very soon.

1. All the upgrades for units are called Train x, because you're training the unit to have better capabilities and be generally stronger. It's different tiers of the same unit a lot of the time with different abilities and stronger stats.
2. Nice catch there. It's part of the custom icon, I've never even noticed it. I changed it to an icon that doesn't have an empty slot.
3. Another nice catch, I tend to lean towards an icon that represents the unit and what the ability does more than whether it's active or a passive, but I can see how that might be confusing. I went through the ones you mentioned and changed them to a passive icon instead.
4. I've made the tints more varied on some of the units that had the same model to be able to differentiate them more. However, because they're both units and buildings, the tints don't seem to apply right away, only after a round has started and your units are re-created. It's always done that and I could never figure out how to fix it. It's not a huge deal though since they get their proper tint within 30 seconds of building them, but if you thought they weren't tinted at all for differentiation, that was probably why.
5. I've hidden the ability icon. I didn't even know that was a possibility, could it be a new feature in the newest update to the World Editor? Either way, it's practical and very good to know.
6. The upgrades are meant to work that way. Because the AI controls the units in the arena and there are 4 computers and 8 players(I started this project way before the 24 player update), sometimes one AI will control multiple players at a time so I couldn't transfer one player's upgrades to the AI controlling it. Because of this, I made the armor and damage upgrades an ability applied to the units once they're in the arenas. The life and mana upgrades are applied right away because they carry over when the unit changes owners, for some reason.
7. Another good point. I will add more complete upgrade descriptions for those as well.
8. The limits are 3 per tier for Ballistae. If you already have 3 of a certain tier, the upgrade to that tier will disappear on the previous one. I haven't had any issues with that so far, and the limits never change throughout the game, they're only set on initialization. The limits specific to each tier are all listed with the Display Upgrades ability on the builders, hotkey 'D'.
9. All the builders are undead for that reason, yes. It also helps with the categorization in the editor for Saken and I.

Thanks again for the complete review and everything you pointed out. I hope I clarified most of the issues you had. If not, I'll be glad to answer any other questions you might have

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! We'll be putting up a Tribulations section on our clan Discord for anyone to use. It is accessible via Saken or I's Twitch channels.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey Ardenaso! Nice to see you tried our other games too :p

Retribution is actually the last in the series chronologically. It's when the players go back to the capital to beat Lothrim once and for all. Tribulations is after Exodus, in the event that players got caught by Lothrim and were forced to face each other in gladiator-like arenas.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
1. All the upgrades for units are called Train x, because you're training the unit to have better capabilities and be generally stronger. It's different tiers of the same unit a lot of the time with different abilities and stronger stats.
Yeah but the priest has Train Priest not Train Priest Tier 2 like other units.
4. I've made the tints more varied on some of the units that had the same model to be able to differentiate them more. However, because they're both units and buildings, the tints don't seem to apply right away, only after a round has started and your units are re-created. It's always done that and I could never figure out how to fix it. It's not a huge deal though since they get their proper tint within 30 seconds of building them, but if you thought they weren't tinted at all for differentiation, that was probably why.
Aren't they different units? Are you colouring them via triggers? If they're units, the hue can be changed in the object/unit editor.
6. The upgrades are meant to work that way. Because the AI controls the units in the arena and there are 4 computers and 8 players(I started this project way before the 24 player update), sometimes one AI will control multiple players at a time so I couldn't transfer one player's upgrades to the AI controlling it. Because of this, I made the armor and damage upgrades an ability applied to the units once they're in the arenas. The life and mana upgrades are applied right away because they carry over when the unit changes owners, for some reason.
I don't get it. Upgrade slots or upgrades in general (which increase base damage, armour etc.) would have been worse? I mean, via triggers you could have just researched the upgrade level for that AI player too. Since you're shifting between ability levels depending on players, I think you could shift between upgrade levels too via triggers.
8. The limits are 3 per tier for Ballistae. If you already have 3 of a certain tier, the upgrade to that tier will disappear on the previous one. I haven't had any issues with that so far, and the limits never change throughout the game, they're only set on initialization. The limits specific to each tier are all listed with the Display Upgrades ability on the builders, hotkey 'D'.
Oh, I misunderstood then. But it'd help if there would be a mention of the max unit type number in their descriptions.

Level 5
Oh, that's what you meant. That's right, I just checked and there's a few who don't have the tier specification in their tooltip. I'll update that now.

Yes, they are different units, and I color them via the object editor. It's some kind of bug in the editor because the units are both buildings and units at the same time so that they can upgrade to each other and all. On upgrade, their tint isn't applied, but when the units get sent to the arena and re-created in your pen, the tint is applied. The tier 1 units get tinted right away on build. It's something with the upgrading.

As for the upgrades, those are managed by the player who owns those units, not the specific units. I have to give a player a certain level of upgrades which wouldn't work because there's often one AI controlling two different players. I chose to do it with abilities because I was able to give the bonuses to specific units and not all units owned by a player. If I had the same amount of AIs as players, and one AI controlled each player, it would be possible to just transfer the player's upgrade levels to the AI controlling it, but as I mentioned earlier, I started this way before the 24 player update and it wasn't possible then. I built the entire game around that and it would probably take me weeks to re-work the systems just to display the upgrades differently.

There is a mention of that specific unit tiers maximum amount in each of their tooltips or you can refer to the display upgrades ability on every builder to show each and every limit without having to build and upgrade a unit to the one you want to check.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to clarify. I hope I answered your questions.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Yes, they are different units, and I color them via the object editor. It's some kind of bug in the editor because the units are both buildings and units at the same time so that they can upgrade to each other and all. On upgrade, their tint isn't applied, but when the units get sent to the arena and re-created in your pen, the tint is applied. The tier 1 units get tinted right away on build. It's something with the upgrading.
Then you could try colouring them via triggers after they are upgraded and copied to the arenas.
Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to clarify. I hope I answered your questions.
It's good.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Okay, so I tried it again in singleplayer and...

I guess this game is never meant to be played alone?
  • The necromancer is too strong early game it literally one shots the basic heavy unit.
  • The demon waves are next to impossible, Fel Ravagers at round 6?
  • Mass Draenei Seers are too much for rounds 15+
  • A Vile Tormentor's single silence can guarantee a defeat (but then again we have dispels, just hope they don't get hit)
  • Or maybe the demon waves are just placeholders?
  • I'm not gonna say anything about the boss fights since I guess we need 2 players by default
  • The round 26 Bone Horror is literally impossible to take down, it has hero armor, three times the abomination tier 3 health, lifesteal and unholy aura, combined with those death coil healers, he is insane.
Also, about the units:
  • Rune Golem's damage return doesn't really do anything, I wish you'd make it from 20-40%, and is it only meant for enemy melees?
  • Right Hand's cannon says average attack speed but it just attempts to shoot many times before releasing an attack after too long
  • Tinker falls off late game, his mecha boar doesn't scale with upgrades and its kaboom doesn't deal any damage anymore after rounds 20+
  • Battle Priests have very long cast backswing (to be fair, you could just give everyone the standard chaplain and just give the Priestess the Battle Priest since... it's her speciality)
  • The shockwave/impaling spearman doesn't go for the clumped units/hero and just uses its skill on the first enemy it sees, making it almost useless
  • Some units won't use their skills (healing ward, roar, etc.) on boss rounds.
  • If I'm not mistaken, siege units are supposed to hit the backline and the towers first, the AI just focuses on the melee mobs, which makes them almost useless in base castle sieges.

Also, I don't think anyone should be buying the attack upgrades anyway, at least for the first 30 rounds.

Hopefully, it gets better soon

Level 12
I guess this game is never meant to be played alone?
  • The necromancer is too strong early game it literally one shots the basic heavy unit.
  • The demon waves are next to impossible, Fel Ravagers at round 6?
  • Mass Draenei Seers are too much for rounds 15+
  • A Vile Tormentor's single silence can guarantee a defeat (but then again we have dispels, just hope they don't get hit)
  • Or maybe the demon waves are just placeholders?
  • I'm not gonna say anything about the boss fights since I guess we need 2 players by default
  • The round 26 Bone Horror is literally impossible to take down, it has hero armor, three times the abomination tier 3 health, lifesteal and unholy aura, combined with those death coil healers, he is insane.

The game is definitely more suited for 4-8 players, however we didn't want to limit people who wanted to try the factions out by themselves or play in 1v1 scenarios.

I think the main issue you were having here is that you might of had a lot of tier 1 units without upgrades, which would mean the more units and unit value you have the minions of Lothrim will spawn in more and more units. If you have a few Tier 3 units with some health upgrades, you will easily turn around the tide of battle against the minions. Keep in mind this doesn't always work when you're going up against a bunch of upgraded lower tier units.

The solo round against Lothrim's minions do not take upgrade value into consideration, so imagine if you have 1400 army value but you have 6000 upgrade value; Lothrim's overall army that he spawns will be the same strength as you having an army value of 1400 with an upgrade value of 0. So keep that in mind as well, as upgrades start out some-what weak, but a few T3 unit with lots of upgrades is strong enough to take out big group of non-upgraded T1 units. However a lot of upgraded Tier 1 units can be pretty hard to take out, as numbers only help you when you've got better upgrades.

The Bone Horror's are definitely really tough but they get taken out easily by chaos and hero damage. One thing you want to do to survive against them, especially once you're getting past round 25, is to have a very strong and upgraded front line and have as much chaos and hero damage you can get for your backline. Some units are great early on with piercing, normal, or magic damage, but your primary focus should be end-game damage out-put and sustainability.

Also, just to further elaborate, upgrades are VERY worth the gold put into getting them. One thing you may not know about yet is putting gold into your Spell Points income so you can have lots of spell points mid-late game to spend on the "Upgrade" spell from the Spell Vault which will save you a lot of gold in the long run when trying to max out upgrades as best as you can.

(As a tip: The undead minions that spawn give more bounty but are typically stronger units overall. The Draenei and Fel Ravagers and other similar units spawn in bigger numbers but are typically weaker in overall health and attack damage but give a little bit less bounty.)

Also, about the units:
  • Rune Golem's damage return doesn't really do anything, I wish you'd make it from 20-40%, and is it only meant for enemy melees?
The damage return on all units that have similar damage return abilities are scaled off of the Rune Golems %'s. Their main purpose is for countering melee DPS units as well as for boss rounds like the Doom Hydra and facing Lord Lothrim too. I've considered increasing them by some further, but didn't want to make it any easier to kill Lothrim in the end.

• Right Hand's cannon says average attack speed but it just attempts to shoot many times before releasing an attack after too long
  • If I'm not mistaken, siege units are supposed to hit the backline and the towers first, the AI just focuses on the melee mobs, which makes them almost useless in base castle sieges.
This sounds like the attack priority is changing in between its attack which is common with a lot of different armor types and unit types with different priorities coming into attack range. We'll try and take another look at the different priority levels and see if there's areas we can improve, namely for hitting towers first over units.

• Tinker falls off late game, his mecha boar doesn't scale with upgrades and its kaboom doesn't deal any damage anymore after rounds 20+
The Tinker is best suited early on by itself. However later into the game will better be complimented if you have tier 3 Goblin Mechs up front because the Tinker can rebuild (revive) tier 3 mechs, which in the long run is a great strategy to go with Lashar because Lord Lothrim has hero armor and the tier 3 mechs have hero attack.

• Battle Priests have very long cast backswing (to be fair, you could just give everyone the standard chaplain and just give the Priestess the Battle Priest since... it's her speciality)
We can look into the backswing cast, I believe most healers were based off of the priest or chaplain to be honest. But in the sake of keeping each faction fresh and unique, we would rather stray away from having the same unit across all factions.

• The shockwave/impaling spearman doesn't go for the clumped units/hero and just uses its skill on the first enemy it sees, making it almost useless
  • Some units won't use their skills (healing ward, roar, etc.) on boss rounds.
With normal WC3 A.I. there needs to be about 3 units in range of the attack before the unit casts their line damage or AoE spell such as shockwave or impale which may not always hit all the units depending on their casting angle after the spell is sent out.

Concerning healing wards not being casted, that has been an odd issue we've noticed but they typically only cast when that unit takes damage. I'll talk with Krath to see if we can possible program the healing ward spell priority to go for other units and not so much for themselves.

(Tip with AoE buffs: You can cast them right before the round timer ends and your units will spawn into the arena with the bonus buffs.)

- - - - -

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts about the new game man. We'll be trying to improve its replay-ability as much as possible through our next big planned updates. There are 3 new factions planned out, an air unit planned out for every single faction, and we'll also be adding in a pair of legendary-type units to each faction too.

Last edited:
Level 13
The AI for Lothrim needs to be adjusted. If you have him target units only within the confines of his arena, I think that would fix Lothrim getting aggro'ed by nearby players. It allowed for a player to get a really easy win on him.

Level 12
inb4 Tribulations discord

I'm updating our Clan WP discord to include sections for each of our map projects including Tribulations for discussion and screenshot posting for wins and any bugs.

The AI for Lothrim needs to be adjusted. If you have him target units only within the confines of his arena, I think that would fix Lothrim getting aggro'ed by nearby players. It allowed for a player to get a really easy win on him.

Do you think it was the spell cast range he had? Because he's melee and his acquisition range shouldn't be high enough that he tries to target units in another pen. Also, what factions were present when this happened? Like did someone have a Norendithas with a bunch of force wizards pushing Lothrim to the edge? Or did he try and go target the other player's units without interference?

Level 5
None of the summons are given upgrades. Only the units you build and upgrade in your pen benefit from armor/damage/life/mana upgrades.

You're not necessarily supposed to, but it's a valid strategy. The hit point upgrades are so cheap that they're definitely worth it early on. I'd say the same of the first ones of each damage and armor upgrade too because they start off cheap. The increment is high so it gets expensive quickly but the first few are worth it early on.

Last edited:
Level 12
Forgot to say that's been updated, but we also recently dropped the latest 1.12 version. A lot of fixes towards crashes that were caused by Blizzard's latest patches to WC3. We've been also trying optimize the code as best as we can to make performance better and prevent further crashes that may be caused by memory overloads.

New factions will start popping up soon so get ready!

Last edited:
Level 1
This game is just great!
So far the best custom game Map i have played.
It got alot of strategy in it.
Mapmakers are putting alot of effort into it, with updates and bugfixes.
A lovely pvp/pve mixed Gameplay awaits you!

Level 12
This game is just great!
So far the best custom game Map i have played.
It got alot of strategy in it.
Mapmakers are putting alot of effort into it, with updates and bugfixes.
A lovely pvp/pve mixed Gameplay awaits you!

Thank you ccrank for commenting! As you already know we are working to get any and all bugs fixed that were caused by these latest Blizzard patches. Thank you for you and your friends support man, we really appreciate it.

I think ghastly spirit's ability crashes the game. The ice looking one.
I'll have a real review later. But so far it's a really enjoyable game!

Hey Bacon, we were aware of this being an issue in the 1.1 versions but those should have since been fixed. I'm working late tonight so once I'm back home I'll try and test that out again to be sure. As of right now our biggest issue to to overcome the memory overload during end-game rounds but Krath has an idea about that and plans to try some changes and optimizations for the next big version.

Also, we are finally getting together to add another faction to the map as well. Here's a sneak peek of what he's about and the unit names he will have in his arsenal.

Bruzaar Goldbeard, Dwarven Noble - A nice mix of damage and crowd control with some nice buffs to keep your army alive longer in the heat of battle.

Melee Tank: Shield Breaker -> Hill Giant & Mountain Avatar
Ranged DPS: Steam Rifleman -> Axe Ranger
Support: Dwarven Cleric
Spell Caster: Runeshield Magi
Melee DPS: Dwarven Calvary -> Grizzly Knight
Siege: Dwarven Catapult -> M.A.V. 1

Last edited:
Level 12
Hey @Traner! Unfortunately Reforged has broken some core balance things with WoS: Tribulations so progress has basically halted at the current moment. Another result of Reforged is that Krath unfortunately doesn't want to update and spend time working on something that Blizzard will just break again or claim as their own. I have recently taken another look at it however and will see if a friend can at least help us fix the broken upgrade requirements so we can at least get that version out with some of the updated terrain levels too.