• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Masters of Arts v1.2a

Reactions: HOooDy
Map Description

Be artistic, creative, patient and fair. This is what this game is all about. In this game, you get to paint anything you want and the let the other players judge it. Meet a certain amount of score before others and you win! Good luck and Have fun!!!
Change Log

-Decision of points to win now only comes from player 1

-Fixed unable to paint in round 2 bug
-Fixed limited paint bug

-Fixed voting while still painting bug
-Clears the middle each round

-Added done painting verification

-Removed done painting verification

-Fixed missing DISBTN icons
-Limited painting after done painting
-Added done painting verification
-New "Done Painting" icon

-Removed the maze in the middle
-Allows players to draw in the middle while waiting for others
-Fixed the delay in "Players currently playing" in the v1.1a fix

-Fixed "Players currently playing" bug
-If only 2 players are left after a player quits, the game ends

-Fixed right arrow bug while panning through paintings

-Fixed voting triggers that cause game crash

-Fixed game crashing after everyone finished painting

-Reverted the music but with smaller file size

-Fixed Multiboard UI
-Replaced game music to reduce overall map file size

-Notifies all players if a player finished painting
-Adjusted the position of the floating text in the middle
-Added "Click vote painting" on instructions

-Removes all units of a player if he/she quits

-Map Created

Screenshots

marioia.jpg

goomba.jpg

supermushroom.jpg

pokeballi.jpg

More screenshots coming soon!
Author's notes

If you any comments or suggestions please email it to me at [email protected]
Keywords:
Masters of Arts, Painting, Drawing, Artist, Art, Competition, Contest, Paint, Draw
Contents

Masters of Arts v1.2a (Map)

Reviews
Date: 19:24:09 01-Jun-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 3/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
Level 2
Great map... :D. Played it with a couple of friends and after 5 minutes of them totaly failing at drawing anything, they decided to flood the map with human genitals... so the only downside is that people with 0 imagination will spoil everyones fun. :grin:

Level 3
Wow! I didn't expect such nice comments. Thanks guys! :D
@-Kobas- Thank you very much moderator, I'll try to work on your recommendations :)
@.VTZ. Yeah, that's a great idea. I'll try to work on it :)
@HammerFist132 Wow! thanks :D
@rryder64x Yeah, that's what they do =.=" I'll try to improve the game more so even people with 0 imagination won't be bored :)

Level 1
No one is even the slightest bit perturbed that this game is a shameless rip of another game? I'm not sure of the rules of posting links but it's on hive...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/art-contesta-2-2a-77093/?prev=search=art&d=list&r=20

Art contest has been around for years, and I can't see any huge changes... or credit given. Dunno, maybe it's not my perogative but having so many people give this guy so much credit for his originality... Anyway, a reboot of this is welcome, maybe with more streamlined systems but it is certainly not his original idea.

Last edited:
No one is even the slightest bit perturbed that this game is a shameless rip of another game? I'm not sure of the rules of posting links but it's on hive...

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/art-contesta-2-2a-77093/?prev=search=art&d=list&r=20

Art contest has been around for years, and I can't see any huge changes... or credit given. Dunno, maybe it's not my prerogative but having so many people give this guy so much credit for his originality... Anyway, a reboot of this is welcome, maybe with more streamlined systems but it is certainly not his original idea.
Oh I didn't know >.>
Rating decreased to 3/5 (was 4/5).

Level 32
I am not sure about bringing the 2012 map back here with all the stuff from 2005 Art Contest but at least giving the credit in the F9 is well enough.

The content of the map is fine. You get to pick like 16 15 colors and large as I think is 32x32 size of canvas. You think of something and try to draw it out and it works very well as no one gotta be complaining about "job done" stuff. The cons in these kind the map is too limited and cause someone hand to be very tired to fill it out for a bigger canvas.

There should be some sort a zoom out whole canvas in order to see the whole thing, cmd for zoom in or zoom out are there too, which is the good thing.

For instant, You want to draw a human. You need take the peach color and filled it out the body. The problem was what size of your canvas is? It is fits your screen, then it doesn't take as much, but for larger one you need a bigger painter or at least different one. But again, how can you view it all as a one piece.

The map isn't bad, but doesn't age well with these days. I have done something at least somewhere i can appreciate these art maps. (3/5)
upload_2020-10-15_16-9-37.png

Last edited: