1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft III - Patch 1.30.2

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opium911

opium911

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is not true.

First of all, what is the link between hostbots and LAN?
    Hostbots were hosting on Battle.Net.
    Even if you were to remove the LAN option now, "3rd party platforms" as you call them will be using previous build clients where the LAN functionality was still present.
    We cannot go back in time to remove functionalities that were present in previous build clients.

Second, it's not because you play on LAN that you are necessarily a hacker with a banned CD-key.
    There are still a lot of internet cafés who mostly all play on LAN.
    Internet cafés are still being considerably used in South America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia where not everybody has access to internet at their homes.

2. DoctorGester

DoctorGester

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm also curious on how are they intending for it to work. They might require internet connection for game validation but still allow LAN I guess?

3. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sincerely hope you won't have to be logged in to launch and play Reforged

4. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Even Steam allows us to play games offline. :]

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't see the problem.
    You have the launcher in the tray, wont notice anything.
    Press the launch icon like any offline game
    Game launches

6. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    As a commie, I prefer offline too

7. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    After I updated my version to 1.30.2. Battle.net is now grayed out and the game keeps crashing after a few seconds later saying that : my CD-Key is invalid? However, this crash doesn't happen if I click on the "Solo" button before I get this CD-Key error. Apparently, It crashes only if I stay on the Main Menu of the game for a brief time. Does anyone else experiencing the same issue?

8. Sokoro

Sokoro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Except, when your internet connection goes down, or when you are on a trip with your notebook.

9. TheSilverWolff

TheSilverWolff

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you don't use a feature of the game it doesn't make to be useless, it allows:

1.- Play offline maps that have disabled the single-player option, a lot of anti single-player systems detects only the mode because the cheats.
    2.- Play with friends in local, I don't like to be forced to have the last version of the game to play with them, moreover if this version it's not stable.
    3.- I like to comfy play or farm in some rpgs, a lot of them have respawn time for bosses or units, I can do another things while waiting for respawn time or grinding, in single-player mode the game stops.
    4.- Without counting the hostbots, Gameranger, garena and problably a lot more of places that I don't know where a lot of people play use that function, having banned CD-keys or not.

Imagine the hypothetical case blizzard goes bankrupt and have to shut down servers, bam!, you can't play never again with someone. It's a very unlikely scenario right now but it could happen in the future, you never know.

So it's not useless and I hope it stays forever.

10. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually many modern games are dependant on developers, no heartstone, no wow, no hots, tons of hours would be gone if anything happen to a company. But this scenario most likely wont happen, therefore irrelevant for anything

11. Himperion

Himperion

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well i'm obliged to updated because the campaigns are updating to 1.30, and for my end are like 7 hours updating. Wonder if after this, the team will have time to work the broken features in the campaigns and world editor.

12. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played twice in this new version of Warcraft 3. And I saw that there were many lobbys created, even I think more than when had bot recently. New custom games, I've seen more a few different custom games compared to when had bots this variation was less.

Speed to download the maps at least I played, was excellent.
    Information latency, who is the host, etc is good.

This patch does not include all that was good about bots. But for me, that's good. In the future I wish more good features than bots had.

Nice patch.

13. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please do not design the game for the ugandan players. Unstable internet is rare, the most popular games are internet based. Just check twitch which is a pretty decent indicator.
    Also, the trains in Sweden has wifi and I have played both runescape and hearthstone on my phone without issues.
    Sure, I would not go into a ranked game since it is not amazing internet. But it is more than enough to log into battle.net and fire up the world editor.

You can even your phone as a hotspot and connect that way.

14. Lord_Earthfire

Lord_Earthfire

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    On the other hand, there are occasions where playing offline is even in more developed countrues very usefull. For example when i moved into my last flat i had no internet for a month since my provider couldn't send out a technician in time (there is a fucked up monolopoly considering internet providers in germany, and their service in some towns shows that).
    On the other hand, when you got a bunch of PC's in a flat playing over LAN is still more convenient. Its far rarer than say 5 years ago, but still a delight at times.
    So an offline/LAN mode would still be highly appreciated.
    I mean Steam got it, but on the other hand steam is one of the most liberal launcher for both developer and players on the market.

15. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why is even a debate of why should LAN be there or not? LAN is a WarCraft 3 in-house feature. When you bought WarCraft III, you bought it with LAN. So, offline game should be totally allowed.

16. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    oh boy, thats not how software works

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Especially when you're forced to sign EULAs over and over.

18. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's not assume that all countries are like Sweden. Warcraft III is played all around the globe, and you can't be certain internet is reliable in every countries. Even in France, internet is not top notch everywhere and everytime, and not everyone can afford a decent internet connection or a smartphone.
    In any case, I really don't see the necessity to force players to play on battle.net when using offline features.

19. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let's not assume everyone is playing on unstable internet that crash every 3 seconds either.

In fact, you don't even need a stable internet as launching the editor takes 1 second of stable internet. Same for the base game presumably.

20. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't you guys have permanent internet?!

I used to do some editor stuff when I was "on the road", seminars for my Job etc, during the breaks, I did not have constant internet for my laptop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.