• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Oh no...

As I see some people are worried about all old maps, skins, and models which will not work in Warcraft 3 Reforged. But personally for me exist more important and frighting question...

Are all hive content makers of Hive, and other forums will forget old Wc3, and Warcraft 3 Reforged will be more preferable for them just because of graphics?
Not really. Personally, I am very fond of older graphics, and while I will check out new ones, I will mostly stick to old. I believe same thing will be with most current content creators.

Also, take in mind, that this may draw more people to warcraft 3, making it more popular again. We'll introduce them to old & gold game :D

Reactions: pyf
Level 11

Only if you pay for new, otherwise you are stuck with old.

Again, the new graphics are what you are paying for. Chances are the old will go free at the same time. It is the same client as Warcraft III after all, just with a new pay wall added.

Unlikely. Considering performance will be considerably lower than current Warcraft III when running with HD assets, you will be lucky the current large maps still run acceptably.
No, I am not paying for graphics (at least mostly not). I am paying mainly for upgraded WE, which, I hope at least, will have function highlights, function list, etc.

About performance - 1.30 already made my game perform FAR better. Older patches always had low fps on my new PC. This is further and complete upgrade of the game. Obviously, it will be optimized better for it's graphics.

Also, check the comments. More cliff tiles, more natives, etc.. That is the very upgrade of WE that I mentioned. This already shows more possibilities for map development, and more are surely comming.

Lastly, I am willing to pay, because the upgraded WE, as well as other features will not be available on old version. Most likely, the old version of the game won't be updated any longer, because this remastered version will support old & new stuff.

Quit being so pesimistic :D

Level 26
You will have to learn to face the divide soon between Warcraft communities. Only when the game truly comes out will you learn about disappointment and what really is fine to remain and what isn’t fine to remain. Many of you will like this game because of the endless mods you can do that is no where similar to the game, but let’s face it... you people have been doing that with terrain and many other crap for years as well. So the Hive Workshop will face a divide and all moderators should smart up and learn to take critic voices and opinions into consideration. Massive forum changes will have to be ready before 2019. We should be ready.

Or you could just have both, maybe open a new category and be fine with it.

That "reforged" cross-game version they presented is a reskin, literally like one used local files. Even if they replaced everything by Starcraft 2 assets or Doom assets, what does it matter when you can seamlessly revert it on your end? I think it's a reasonable step by Blizzard because what else could they do? They don't have the commitment or content for a Warcraft 4 at this moment and this would much more likely split the community and development. The same or even more with another addon that players have to purchase. Offering a reskin and thereby gaining currency grants more opportunities to maintain the game, which helps both versions.

edit: If you are funny, maybe your map/system could overshadow all the new assets with old ones again, overwriting the path. Or another option could be that Blizzard introduced another "game data set" variable to lock maps onto a variant if available.

Last edited:
According to:
Warcraft 3: Reforged What's Next Panel Liveblog
"
  • All current models from Warcraft 3 will still be available on Reforged, so you can turn them on as you'd like
"
I would speculate that they are likely to do the same thing they did with Starcraft; simply locking the higher graphical settings behind a paywal, rather than segment the player-base. They might even make regular warcraft 3 free to play.
There may be other functional benefits (possibly the Improved editor itself) locked behind the paywall. But I don't think the custom games utilizing the new features will be.

Level 8
I don't really understand why are people so pessimistic about HD model upgrade/losing hive custom models..
Check these models, sure they are not exact same artstyle as warcraft reforged but it's just as easy do do some cool custom stuff with "HD" models as is with standard low poly warcraft models
Warcraft: Armies of Azeroth mod for StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
Warcraft Rebirth mod

Look at this custom model, Kul Tiras Footman image - Warcraft Rebirth mod for Warcraft III: Frozen Throne
texture style is different than reforged, but it was easy and fun to make

Last edited:
Level 23
I find the reactions sickening.
They patch the original game broken for 6+ months.
10-20% of maps still don't work, broken models, sound, random crits, random desyncs.
We need to restart game after every round. Bots are broken. Shit's fucked.

Now they release a small trailer of the remastered version already offering *preorders* while the original game is still a broken mess.
And apparently everyone flips out, is happy, and wants to reward blizz for this behavior of breaking a game and then offering a remaster for money?
It's fkin sad tbh.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
think that was the original voice line? Not sure. I do recall Arthas being pretty angsty early on.
Not at all.
Will those that made custom maps, campains, models, icons, skins and other stuff have to recreate everything with this new version, or is there the possibility of putting some files into Warcraft reforged with no problem?
You will just have to switch to the classic view to play those so you won't feel nausea.
the grunts don't look imposing,
Orcs look bulky like in WoW and Warcraft movie which I don't like. Liked them best in the first two RTS games.

Level 15
I’m pretty sure they gonna finish original patches first before Reforge release, if they wanted to have that “compability” stuff

And its time for modder to recreate original model with same style

Level 2
I find the reactions sickening.
10-20% of maps still don't work, broken models, sound, random crits, random desyncs.
We need to restart game after every round. Bots are broken. Shit's fucked.

Now they release a small trailer of the remastered version already offering *preorders* while the original game is still a broken mess.
And apparently everyone flips out, is happy, and wants to reward blizz for this behavior of breaking a game and then offering a remaster for money?
It's fkin sad tbh.

Hey frotty, were you even paying attention to what people were saying? Much less what happened with the SC Remaster? They simply added the remastered graphics behind a paywall, it was still the same game underneath. WCIII: Reforged is likely to be treated somewhat similarly. Your concerns are likely unfounded, my friend.

As far as current balance goes, ALL games are broken in the eyes of those who play them, so please quit whining. I've been watching complaints just like yours pop up on the SC2 official forums for years, and it isn't helpful or productive. WC3 is over 16 years old at this point... Honestly we should be grateful that they are currently still doing patches for the game, and that they are willing to do the current remaster at all.

Level 26
We need to restart game after every round. Bots are broken.[...]

Have talked to Frotty a bit in chat. It's true that pre-purchase is a shady practice. Again, Blizzard was not transparent about their proceedings, why they do this or that and did not communicate. While I would not claim they intentionally shipped breaking patches in order to push the player base to invest money for the remastered version, it puts us in a bind. Pre-purchase sounds like they will only spend enough effort to target their desired revenue, shifting the risk and the decision to the gamers. My suggestion would be to pin down Blizzard so that they understand a broken release (both Reforged and classic) means a hefty hit to reputation. I don't think that pre-purchasing is a good idea, surely we don't want Blizzard to give up on Warcraft III but we also cannot grant them complete leverage.

Last edited:
Level 12
There's so much to fix on the current warcraft that putting time into a whole remaster seems silly... Also since they confirmed that you can switch between the textures/models and that old maps will still be playable; why is this not just a big patch for the current Wc3 and is 30$ separate game/expansion? It's even the same engine, so we know that they are working in the same environment, meaning they could easily put all of this in the current game..

But if the manage to do this, then it will be an amazing game regardless, fingers crossed they dont destroy it

Level 11
Anyone know anything about the revised world editor? What are the updates?
I don't think there has been news about World Editor changes yet. Check out this page, you'll find most of the information about Reforged currently available.
As far as I know, Blizzard only mentioned this about modding: "All the new tools used to draw these new models can be also used by the community, using the World Editor tool."

There's so much to fix on the current warcraft that putting time into a whole remaster seems silly...
I suppose they can work on both, fixing current bugs and remaster ;)

Also since they confirmed that you can switch between the textures/models and that old maps will still be playable; why is this not just a big patch for the current Wc3 and is 30$ separate game/expansion? It's even the same engine, so we know that they are working in the same environment, meaning they could easily put all of this in the current game...
As I understand it, it is a big (charged) patch for the current game, not a separate game, and if I'm not mistaken, players with only vanilla game will be able to play along with Reforged players.[/QUOTE]

Level 10
Personally, i think the community never needed a remaster or will need one in the future. For that the custom assets mapmaker use are too much developed. I certainly assume that Mapmakers will most likely stick with the old graphics, mainly because of the freedom that gives to creators and modelers alike.

But i certainly appreciate that Blizzard tries to squeeze some money out of the game without ruining it completely (well, if they learned from the SC2 Arcade, at least). This means that it will be developed further down the line. I know that this updates ruins some games currently, but active developement still means that these can get fixed. I would only be salty if they leave it that way.

But i don't think so, since, just looking from projekt management perspective, they wamt to have everything up and running issue-free when the remaster hits to not face some major backlash.

Storm is coming. But i think when the remaster hits most issues should be finished. But that will still take some time.

Personally, i think the community never needed a remaster or will need one in the future. For that the custom assets mapmaker use are too much developed. I certainly assume that Mapmakers will most likely stick with the old graphics, mainly because of the freedom that gives to creators and modelers alike.

But i certainly appreciate that Blizzard tries to squeeze some money out of the game without ruining it completely (well, if they learned from the SC2 Arcade, at least). This means that it will be developed further down the line. I know that this updates ruins some games currently, but active developement still means that these can get fixed. I would only be salty if they leave it that way.

But i don't think so, since, just looking from projekt management perspective, they wamt to have everything up and running issue-free when the remaster hits to not face some major backlash.

Storm is coming. But i think when the remaster hits most issues should be finished. But that will still take some time.
We have thousands of fans waiting for an HD remaster, I think players needed it just modders were afraid of changes

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Why is nobody ever happy? Seriously, this is all we ever asked for and it makes WC4 completely obsolete, since WC3 is already perfect and now it gets a completely revamped graphics engine...
And still people complain. Why? I have been modding WC3 for 15 years and I would have never ever believed that blizzard would do this. I came buckets when they announced this.

We have thousands of fans waiting for an HD remaster, I think players needed it just modders were afraid of changes
Please don't speak for modders as if they are a some kind of hive mind. Many modders are excited for this, it's just a handful of people who ALWAYS complain that are upset about this.

Level 21
meh,very pessimistic so far.Really don't like the art style and I actually laughed at that culling cinematic,it looks so bad.But i'm not gonna judge or say this is complete trash until we see more and there is more info.it is still work in progress after all

Vidovit

Banned
Level 3
It’s good news as it will make many people come to war3.
This is the alpha so i’m sure there will be changes. But i do have worries.
Arthas looks like an anime character, or Anduin from WoW trailers. Basically a plastic doll with no character.
They better not remove old sounds which are iconic but i assume some of them aren’t kid friendly anymore so watch out for some PC friendly stuff.

I’m optimistic tho, especially if the editor gets improved for the mapmakers.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
They confirmed that they'll work like all old assets :)
Reforged is pretty much just WC3 with an updated light engine and new models that support normal and specular maps. So nothing to worry about on that front. I'm pretty sure it will be 100% compatible since what they showed on blizz-con so far had all the quirks of the current WC3 like pathing issues, etc..

Level 11
I think players needed it just modders were afraid of changes
Yeah many modders are afraid, but have reasons to be. It was explained previously in this thread. I think main concerns are:
  • All current custom models unusable with upgraded graphics, because they will look totally out of place. People will have to stick with the vanilla game to use these custom models. And honestly, who will, when players will have a full HD game? Only hardcore nostalgic maniacs like me will, this will be but a niche.
  • Art style choice. It's a matter of opinion here, but I have seen many people not too happy with the new style, me included. Colours, shapes... It doesn't match Warcraft III's spirit, many units and buildings look like plastic toys, many textures are too smooth, buildings are too stylized, the overall design is too cartoonish...
  • Many features were inspired by WoW (new Stratholme design, some units design, characters voices...), and not everybody enjoys this. Like I said before: did Warcraft III inspire WoW, or did WoW inspire Warcraft 3? Massively retconning the lore was not enough apparently...
On the other hand, there are a lot of positive things, don't make us sound like never-happy cranky grumps ;). I personaly am very hyped about some promising stuff:
  • Upgraded World Editor (which will include model editing tools, apparently)
  • Potential new players joining the game, or older player willing to join back the game, which will increase the size of the community (in forums, in battle.net games,...)
  • Some new assets are not so bad!
  • Various improvements are on their way and new features are likely to be introduced in the future. For example, even if Blizzard said there was no promises about this, increasing the number of inventory slots is something they are looking into. I am really hoping that they are considering all the numerous suggestions that have been made by the community (here and elsewhere). A lot of awesome stuff may be introduced in the game at some point.
In any case, I really hope Blizzard will pay attention to the feedback of the community. They said they will, and since the current Reforged is a work in progress, there is room for improvement. We all have hopes and concerns about Reforged, and this is the right moment to provide constructive feedback.

Last edited:
Level 26
Does anybody know if old custom maps will still work with the remastered version? I guess not since they have changed all the file formats and use their latest engine now?

The good thing is that they can still patch the normal Warcraft III. It is not a remake but a fork, so they can do it in parallel and that should make development easier, if they want to.

Level 8
@Siben
People who like it will adapt and make new custom models to fit in, i know i will.
Agree on the rest cons that you said, tho i like more wow cinematic model and texture style (and i dont think it is cartoonish, i think it is more realistic than new wow HD models), and i really like integration of wow lore and designs, but as you said it's a matter of taste

But overall, even if people don't like the remaster, it can mean more patches for wc3, and who knows, maybe new races and expansions, and that can't be bad :D

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
If you don't like the new art style, they have already confirmed that you can switch back to the old style (like the "classic mode" switch in SC remastered).

So why are people complaining? Just tell your players in the loading screen that the map you made should be played in classic mode for a consistent look and have them decide on their own what they like better.

I personally don't mind having to remake some of my art assets. In fact, I'm excited about it, because I can finally go nuts with HD poly count without it looking out of place.

If you don't like the new art style, they have already confirmed that you can switch back to the old style (like the "classic mode" switch in SC remastered).

So why are people complaining? Just tell your players in the loading screen that the map you made should be played in classic mode for a consistent look and have them decide on their own what they like better.

I personally don't mind having to remake some of my art assets. In fact, I'm excited about it, because I can finally go nuts with HD poly count without it looking out of place.
And the game uses exact same engine still, they can even use our mod assets if they wanted our more common wow look it is just a god sent gift for all

Level 21
I think the first post should be updated with all the information we have so far,to avoid confusion and re-occurring questions.Expecting someone to read through 12 pages to see if the question they want to ask has been asked before is a bit much

Level 26
Modern Blizzard Battle.net features

An Upgraded Experience
Challenge opponents with modern multiplayer matchmaking, search for custom game lobbies, and connect with friends through the Blizzard Battle.net app. With updated UI and countless quality-of-life improvements, it’s never been easier to get into Warcraft III.

What do you presume this means? We were speculating if they are to change the hosting system.

Level 11
If you don't like the new art style, they have already confirmed that you can switch back to the old style.
Sure, and I'm happy it will be possible, so everything is not totally ruined. But I'm afraid there won't be a lot of people willing to stick with the old graphics (which is understandable, especially for new players). As far as I'm concerned, I would have prefered slight graphics improvement only (higher texture resolution, better lighting, better shadows...), and biggest efforts made to improve interface, World Editor, even maybe new units, new spells, new campaigns, etc.

@Siben
People who like it will adapt and make new custom models to fit in, i know i will.
(...)
I'm glad to read this. Hopefully there will be a lot of modelers willing to remake their old models to fit Reforged style, or others who will create new ones. Even if I'm not so hyped about overall Reforged style, that's a consolation.
However, it will take forever to have as many models as we have now. It will probably greatly restrain the possibilities for a long time before we can mod like we do now. We will have to be very patient!

I think the first post should be updated with all the information we have so far,to avoid confusion and re-occurring questions.Expecting someone to read through 12 pages to see if the question they want to ask has been asked before is a bit much
Supporting this man here!

Level 5
Am I the only worried about proportions? I can see that they WoW-sized the hero body proportions, yeah maybe WC3 or Hots style is too cartoonish, but come on, it's WC3, NOT WOW!

EDIT: don't get me wrong, i am excited af about this remaster, thanks Blizzard for everything you do, just giving feedback
2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
In an article I read this morning it stated that people can play both the original and new versions together, even maps are compatible somehow? Could this be true? Sorry I could not read all 13 pages, if this was stated already.

Level 8
I've been working on my triggers (SP Fallout/Wasteland-esque campaign) for several years. I hope they will translate well to Reforged. For the last coupe of years I suspected Blizzard would be releasing the updated version, so I avoided as much of JASS scripting as possible (except for some particular cases, where you have to assign several thousand regions manually), sticking to GUI trigger version.

Example:
Code:
Sys Combat Damage Event Main
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- ALL UNITS in game must be here! --------
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to VAR_Generated_Unit_Index_Limit, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (List_Characters_Array[(Integer A)] is in FctVAR_UnitsInAttackedRegion) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Set FctVAR_AttackedUnitIndex = (Integer A)
                        Set FctVAR_AttackedUnit = List_Characters_Array[FctVAR_AttackedUnitIndex]
                        Set FctVAR_DmgESAttachmentPoint = List_CharDmgESAttachmentPoint[FctVAR_AttackedUnitIndex]
                        -------- CtoHit --------
                        Set FctVAR_CtoHit_Random = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
                            If - Conditions
                                FctVAR_CtoHit Greater than (Real(FctVAR_CtoHit_Random))
                            Then - Actions
                                -------- HIT Check Successful --------
                                -------- DODGE Check --------
                                Set FctVAR_DodgeChance = List_Character_Dodge_Chance[FctVAR_AttackedUnitIndex]
                                If (FctVAR_DodgeChance Greater than (Load 4 of 1 from HashT_Const_Gameplay_Constants)) then do (Set FctVAR_DodgeChance = (Load 4 of 1 from HashT_Const_Gameplay_Constants)) else do (Do nothing)
                                -------- Caps at Max --------
                                Set FctVAR_Dodge_Random = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
                                    If - Conditions
                                        FctVAR_DodgeChance Greater than (Real(FctVAR_Dodge_Random))
                                    Then - Actions
                                        -------- DODGE --------
                                        Set FctVAR_Dodging_Unit = FctVAR_AttackedUnit
                                        Set FctVAR_AnimDodgeString = List_CharAnimDodgeString[FctVAR_AttackedUnitIndex]
                                        Unit Group - Remove FctVAR_Dodging_Unit from FctVAR_UnitsInAttackedRegion
                                        -------- ADD MOVEMENT!!! From Side to Side --------
                                        Animation - Play FctVAR_Dodging_Unit's FctVAR_AnimDodgeString animation
                                        Set FctVAR_Font_Size = Font_Size_Array[3]
                                        Set FctVAR_Font_RGB_Colour_Index = 4
                                        Set FctVAR_FloatingTextTargetUnit = FctVAR_Dodging_Unit
                                        Set FctVAR_FloatingTextString = (Load 1 of 4 from HashT_Const_TextMessages)
                                        Trigger - Run Sys Display Floating Text Message on Unit <gen> (checking conditions)
                                    Else - Actions
                                        -------- HIT through Dodge Successful --------
                                        -------- TMP Armor is damaged with BALLISTIC Weapon --------
                                            If - Conditions
                                                FctVAR_RangedDmgType Equal to (Load 1 of 6 from HashT_Const_Gameplay_Constants)
                                            Then - Actions
                                                Set FctVAR_DmgEffectS_Ricochet = List_CharDmgESRicochet[FctVAR_AttackedUnitIndex]
                                                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the FctVAR_DmgESAttachmentPoint of FctVAR_AttackedUnit using FctVAR_DmgEffectS_Ricochet
                                                Set FctVAR_DmgEffect_Ricochet = (Last created special effect)
                                                Special Effect - Destroy FctVAR_DmgEffect_Ricochet
                                            Else - Actions
                                        -------- /TMP FOR DAMAGED ARMOR --------
                                        -------- TMP FOR DAMAGED ARMOR - Fire --------
                                            If - Conditions
                                                FctVAR_WeaponInUse Equal to List_Ranged_Weapons_Array[7]
                                            Then - Actions
                                                Set FctVAR_DmgEffectS_Burn = List_CharDmgESBurn[FctVAR_AttackedUnitIndex]
                                                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the FctVAR_DmgESAttachmentPoint of FctVAR_AttackedUnit using FctVAR_DmgEffectS_Burn
                                                Set FctVAR_DmgEffect_Burn = (Last created special effect)
                                                Special Effect - Destroy FctVAR_DmgEffect_Burn
                                            Else - Actions
                                        -------- /TMP FOR DAMAGED ARMOR - Fire --------
                                        -------- TMP FOR DAMAGED ARMOR - Laser --------
                                            If - Conditions
                                                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                                                    Conditions
                                                        FctVAR_WeaponInUse Equal to List_Ranged_Weapons_Array[3]
                                                        FctVAR_WeaponInUse Equal to List_Ranged_Weapons_Array[4]
                                            Then - Actions
                                                Set FctVAR_DmgEffectS_LaserRef = List_CharDmgESLaserRefraction[FctVAR_AttackedUnitIndex]
                                                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the FctVAR_DmgESAttachmentPoint of FctVAR_AttackedUnit using FctVAR_DmgEffectS_LaserRef
                                                Set FctVAR_DmgEffect_LaserRef = (Last created special effect)
                                                Special Effect - Destroy FctVAR_DmgEffect_LaserRef
                                            Else - Actions
                                        -------- /TMP FOR DAMAGED ARMOR - Laser --------
                                        -------- Body part selection --------
                                        Trigger - Run Sys Combat Damage Event Body Part selection and damage <gen> (checking conditions)
                                        -------- /Body part selection --------
                                        -------- Friendly Fire Check --------
                                            If - Conditions
                                                Player_One_Human Equal to (Owner of FctVAR_AttackedUnit)
                                            Then - Actions
                                                -------- Friendly Fire Message --------
                                                Trigger - Run Sys Floating Text Friendly Fire Victim Setup <gen> (checking conditions)
                                                -------- /Friendly Fire Message --------
                                            Else - Actions
                                                -------- Skill level up (if non-allied) --------
                                                Set FctVAR_RandomInteger = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
                                                    If - Conditions
                                                        FctVAR_Cycled_Unit_INT Greater than or equal to FctVAR_RandomInteger
                                                    Then - Actions
                                                        For each (Integer FctVAR_WeapSkill_InUse_Index) from 1 to (Load 10 of 1 from HashT_Const_Gameplay_Constants), do (Actions)
                                                            Loop - Actions
                                                                    If - Conditions
                                                                        FctVAR_WeapSkill_P_InUse_Array[FctVAR_WeapSkill_InUse_Index] Less than (Load 8 of 1 from HashT_Const_Gameplay_Constants)
                                                                        FctVAR_WeaponSkill_InUse_Array[FctVAR_WeapSkill_InUse_Index] Not equal to 0.00
                                                                    Then - Actions
                                                                        -------- Increase weapon skill, if InUse, not null --------
                                                                        Set FctVAR_WeapSkill_P_InUse_Array[FctVAR_WeapSkill_InUse_Index] = (FctVAR_WeapSkill_P_InUse_Array[FctVAR_WeapSkill_InUse_Index] + 1)
                                                                        Set FctVAR_WeaponSkill_InUse_Array[FctVAR_WeapSkill_InUse_Index] = ((Real(FctVAR_WeapSkill_P_InUse_Array[FctVAR_WeapSkill_InUse_Index])) x (Load 9 of 1 from HashT_Const_Gameplay_Constants))
                                                                        -------- /Increase weapon skill, if InUse, not null --------
                                                                        -------- Display Changes --------
                                                                        Set FctVAR_MessageFontColour = FontColourArray[9]
                                                                        Set FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[1] = List_Char_First_Name_String[FctVAR_Cycled_Unit_Index]
                                                                        Set FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[2] = (Load 1 of 5 from HashT_Const_TextMessages)
                                                                        Set FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[3] = Const_WeaponSkillName_Array[FctVAR_WeapSkill_InUse_Index]
                                                                        Set FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[4] = (Load 2 of 5 from HashT_Const_TextMessages)
                                                                        Set FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[5] = (String((Integer(FctVAR_WeaponSkill_InUse_Array[FctVAR_WeapSkill_InUse_Index]))))
                                                                        Set FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[6] = (Load 3 of 5 from HashT_Const_TextMessages)
                                                                        Set FctVAR_MessageText = ((FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[1] + FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[2]) + (FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[3] + (FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[4] + (FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[5] + FctVAR_MessageTextSubstring[6]))))
                                                                        Trigger - Run Sys Display Generic Message <gen> (checking conditions)
                                                                        -------- /Display Changes --------
                                                                    Else - Actions
                                                        -------- Write Weapon skill and points change to the list --------
                                                        -------- Changes apply on next attack round. --------
                                                        Trigger - Run Sys Combat Write Weapon Skill and Points Change <gen> (checking conditions)
                                                        -------- /Write Weapon skill and points change to the list --------
                                                        -------- Read Changes --------
                                                        Trigger - Run Sys Character Weapon Skill and Chance to Hit Distribution Function <gen> (checking conditions)
                                                        -------- /Read Changes --------
                                                    Else - Actions
                                                -------- /Skill level up (if non-allied) --------
                                        -------- /Friendly Fire Check --------
                            Else - Actions
                                -------- Missed --------
                                Set FctVAR_Font_Size = Font_Size_Array[3]
                                Set FctVAR_Font_RGB_Colour_Index = 2
                                Set FctVAR_FloatingTextTargetUnit = FctVAR_Cycled_Unit
                                Set FctVAR_FloatingTextString = (Load 2 of 4 from HashT_Const_TextMessages)
                                Trigger - Run Sys Display Floating Text Message on Unit <gen> (checking conditions)
                            If - Conditions
                                Boolean_Combat_Log_Enabled Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                Trigger - Run Sys Display Technical Combat Log <gen> (checking conditions)
                            Else - Actions
                    Else - Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Do you think it is safe to assume such simple stuff is OK for the updated WE?

Level 7
It is very important that the reforged and classic versions are fully compatible with each other and cross-playable (confirmed).

I think there are options for players to choose whether the reforged features being enabled or not.

The fully developed melee and custom maps in the classic editor being playable in reforged version could highly activate the ardour of players, since classic assets have deep player-foundation. This will remarkablely recall players back to wc3 - the most popular and famous game all over the world.

Furthermore, the wc3 communities will further expand instead of splitting, and also benifit from numerous recalled players and their discussions, leading to the communities becoming more flourishing. This will also promote the developments and distributions of custom maps and the relevant tools.

Anyhow, a new upsurge back to wc3 will come soon. We just look forward to this moment for a long time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.