1. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Expect everything done to Warcraft 3 lately to be the base of the Reforged version.

That is to say, if everything you have works on 1.3.2 right now it works on the new one.

2. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Information from Grubby stream:
    You can play with old graphics.
    Crossplay between reforged and classic has been confirmed.

3. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They most certainly are :) Even the Rifleman was missing the boom-stick bang effect in that video, so I think it's safe to say that many things will look diffrent when it's finnished.

Looking forward to see the editor!!! Looks like we have lot more doodas to play with now.

4. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The animation fidelity alone is worth the 30 euros I just paid to pre-order it. The game is going to leap in terms of capabilities with movement and combat.

@those who are worried about its World Editor - they've indirectly confirmed current custom games will work on War3 Reforged - this is due to their product statement about the Editor:

"""
    Discover millions of player-created games, including tower defense, MOBAs, ARPGs, survival games, and more, or build your own with the upgraded World Editor.
    """

I am looking forward to seeing more previews of the editor, and what kinds of physics changes are coming with it.

For those who are balking at the price, this is a very good price for an extremely high quality upgrade.

5. Drakensang

Drakensang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Many video game developers like to slap a "work in progress," "pre-alpha," "alpha" etc disclaimer on their trailers and yet the final product often looks exactly the same, if not worse in some cases where downgrades happen.

6. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We update your game, include some bugs, who cares, you can buy the new one! :)

7. Amigoltu

Amigoltu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was more concerned about the old one. I mean, will it still be updated? Will the new WE work with old game?

8. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Depends. Don't think Blizzard is that type of video games company.

9. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm, that means we can have the best of both worlds? Okay, smart move, well played Blizzard.

It has been that type of video games company for many years now. I think Diablo III was the last game they actually took time to "Blizzard polish". Everything since was rushed to meet deadlines.

10. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My hopes
    1 - Expanded World Editor, maybe new options for models like more advanced bones like physics based, shadow maps as well
    2 - Compatibility with old maps, this is a big hope since there's a lot that would seem to break but it's there
    3 - Editable UI, the current one just seems bad for a lot of maps that have custom command spells, hope we can resize it etc
    4 - Keep compatibility with custom models

11. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Absoluty amazing, iam so exited about this.
    I am happy that current maps will work in the war3 Reborn and i really curious about the new world editor.
    But i think that the bunch of resources of here and other sites will be useless, that is a bad move be blizzard, make the comunity tools useless.
    Also at 1 year to release the Reborn, i think that they not update warcraft 3 anymore.

12. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe some of the resources here could still be imported. Probably.

13. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    While not a bad idea, it wont do much.

It would be like adding pixel art model into crysis, the artstyle is too different to work in 99% of our current models.

14. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why wouldn't it?

The 'old' editor is the same as the 'new' one.

Functionally this is a matter of switching out one version of the graphics for another one, which is something everyone here should already know is both possible and trivial to do.

15. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    Grubby is currently playing human mission at Stratholme, along with one of the developers apparently.

You can have a preview of some changes. The changed the entire map to match WoW's Stratholme.

Interface has been changed. There don't seem to be any change about the maximum units selection.

16. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, now my long-brewing idea to "remake" WoW faithful to Warcraft III maps is not only getting possible with new editor - now its getting PERSONAL! >=D

17. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately all of the custom model resources will look outdated in the new game, thus limiting the arsenal of tools available to custom mods.

18. Wareditor

Wareditor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Importing old maps into the reforged editor will be possible.
    Old maps should be playable in reforged

19. The10th-X

The10th-X

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They mentioned that old custom maps will import fine "Depending on how they set up custom units", i do hope they haven't made changes that'll affect certain things like dummy units or stuff we've abused to create certain effects (Like the spellbook to hide spells as an example, though i doubt they'd change that)

20. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does anyone know if the UI will be manageable in the new editor?