Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.
But physics and other stuff like that?
They said they were looking in to it, nothing more
Those things were all revamped earlier with 1.29. You have a lot of control over hiding and showing abilities and can now move around special effects directly.
The Editor is going to be an improved version of the original Editor, not a new one.
Question is, what am I to do with the stuff I'm working on currently?
Custom maps would be playable, but old custom user-created models will not 'magically' convert to Reforged graphics.
You have a year to complete it, my friend
Keep working on it because its the process that brings you actual joy and not the result?
That's what you think. Life is not easy as words.
I guess, there would still be people who will play the classic stuff if the graphics switch can be done like with StarCraft: Remastered.
I cant wait omg.. too epic...
Hello,is this paged hacked cause....Is this official remaster of warcraft 3 or some new war3 alike game?
Plz i need answers fast ffs i am crying
Well if your biggest concern is about graphics, players will be able to switch between new and vanilla graphics. That way, our current custom models will be able to be used, I suppose. I'm not sure everyone will be thrilled to play with the old design when they have new graphics available, but that's a consolation anyway. As for the potential incompatibilities between your current work and Reforged, well, fingers crossed...
Hmm, this sounds like both epic and heretic.. tho we'd better not to attack Blizz yet xD, yes there are several questions that need to be answered but I'm sure Blizzard would be answering to at least most of them! We'll see. (and of course, there is a huge worry about the custom resources and wtf should I do right now...)
As amazing as it is to have wc3 remastered, I have to say that the new Arthas voice is really gonna bug me. Maybe it is just this scene in specific but when comparing it to the original, he feels kind of bland. Not only does he sound older, but you dont really feel the change of character here as you did with the original. Though I must admit that judging from one single scene isnt really fair
Gonna be buying it either way, lol
I saw the changes to the UI, well I thought that they would make a new functions for the Editor similar to the management of the UI in SC2. Anyway. XD
Jaina's too (I think) - reply for emphasis.
At least it's gonna be a good game (hopefully) for modding but in the future when resources start to appear (no, NOT microtransactions).
Apart of the reasonable fears from the makers here, at least this will kill the bullcrap about "HD Mods" that are only WoW models without any optimization or style coordination, you have units from Vainilla and Heroes from the lastest expansion.
@Chaosy what do you think matey, would WoW model rips work now?
Cross-game sounds intriguing but that also means they cannot fix wc3's many limits and idiosyncrasies.
- Same engine as classic WC3, current engine upgraded (confirmed),
- On Battle.Net Launcher (confirmed),
- Crossplay between Reforged and Classic (confirmed),
- In options, you can choose to play with old graphics (confirmed),
- Classic mods compatible on Reforged (confirmed),
- Reforged includes ROC & TFT campaigns (confirmed),
- Ingame footage : http://puu.sh/BVeXM/ea8d0219cb.jpg,
- Ingame footage : http://puu.sh/BVf3F/e0898d817d.jpg,
- "Skins" and cosmetics, Paladin can be either Arthas, Uther, Arthas /w Frostmourne... (confirmed)
- Released in 2019 (confirmed),
- Founding of Durotar "revamp" (confirmed) and probably more (not confirmed),
- New editor can import old maps (confirmed),
- Old map will load HD models (confirmed),
- Animated trees (confirmed and seen),
- Frozen Throne getting remastered as well (confirmed),
- Audio will be upgraded, in every language Classic had and even more (re-recording with the same old actors) (confirmed),
- Old audio will still be in the game (confirmed),
- Achievements system (confirmed),
- New editor will be an improved version of the current editor (confirmed),
- Melee gameplay *mostly* unaffected (confirmed),
- New races ("Can't comment."),
- Balancing will continue to happen post-Reforged (confirmed),
- System requirement can't be said yet, due to the game still being in dev. (confirmed),
- Ingame cinematic-mode footage : http://puu.sh/BVgiY/af1c94eccd.jpg,
- Ingame cinematic-mode footage : http://puu.sh/BVgkd/0b359fd72b.jpg,
- No subtitle / textbox in cinematic-mode ?
- Game runs at 30-40 fps, unoptimized and streamed from a laptop,
- Inventory size being looked at (more than 6) (confirmed),
- Old cheat codes work (confirmed).
That's all I've got folks!
Got all that from Grubby playing with a dev. on his stream.
Anything that's "confirmed" was told by the dev. anything with a question mark is just from my observation from the game/stream, anything "not confirmed" was just mentionned and somewhat not answered clearly.
Separate names with a comma.