• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Absoluty amazing, iam so exited about this.
I am happy that current maps will work in the war3 Reborn and i really curious about the new world editor.
But i think that the bunch of resources of here and other sites will be useless, that is a bad move be blizzard, make the comunity tools useless.
Also at 1 year to release the Reborn, i think that they not update warcraft 3 anymore.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Absoluty amazing, iam so exited about this.
I am happy that current maps will work in the war3 Reborn and i really curious about the new world editor.
But i think that the bunch of resources of here and other sites will be useless, that is a bad move be blizzard, make the comunity tools useless.
Also at 1 year to release the Reborn, i think that they not update warcraft 3 anymore.
Maybe some of the resources here could still be imported. Probably.

Level 20
I was more concerned about the old one. I mean, will it still be updated? Will the new WE work with old game?
Why wouldn't it?

The 'old' editor is the same as the 'new' one.

Functionally this is a matter of switching out one version of the graphics for another one, which is something everyone here should already know is both possible and trivial to do.

Level 11
Grubby is currently playing human mission at Stratholme, along with one of the developers apparently.

You can have a preview of some changes. The changed the entire map to match WoW's Stratholme.

Interface has been changed. There don't seem to be any change about the maximum units selection.

Level 9
Grubby is currently playing human mission at Stratholme, along with one of the developers apparently.

You can have a preview of some changes. The changed the entire map to match WoW's Stratholme.

Interface was changed. There don't seem to be any change about the maximum units selection.

Okay, now my long-brewing idea to "remake" WoW faithful to Warcraft III maps is not only getting possible with new editor - now its getting PERSONAL! >=D

Level 8
They mentioned that old custom maps will import fine "Depending on how they set up custom units", i do hope they haven't made changes that'll affect certain things like dummy units or stuff we've abused to create certain effects (Like the spellbook to hide spells as an example, though i doubt they'd change that)

Reactions: pyf

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
They mentioned that old custom maps will import fine "Depending on how they set up custom units", i do hope they haven't made changes that'll affect certain things like dummy units or stuff we've abused to create certain effects (Like the spellbook to hide spells as an example, though i doubt they'd change that)
Those things were all revamped earlier with 1.29. You have a lot of control over hiding and showing abilities and can now move around special effects directly.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
You have a year to complete it, my friend :)
That's what you think. Life is not easy as words.
Keep working on it because its the process that brings you actual joy and not the result?
I guess, there would still be people who will play the classic stuff if the graphics switch can be done like with StarCraft: Remastered.

Level 11
Question is, what am I to do with the stuff I'm working on currently?
Well if your biggest concern is about graphics, players will be able to switch between new and vanilla graphics. That way, our current custom models will be able to be used, I suppose. I'm not sure everyone will be thrilled to play with the old design when they have new graphics available, but that's a consolation anyway. As for the potential incompatibilities between your current work and Reforged, well, fingers crossed...

Hmm, this sounds like both epic and heretic.. tho we'd better not to attack Blizz yet xD, yes there are several questions that need to be answered but I'm sure Blizzard would be answering to at least most of them! We'll see. (and of course, there is a huge worry about the custom resources and wtf should I do right now...)

Level 19
As amazing as it is to have wc3 remastered, I have to say that the new Arthas voice is really gonna bug me. Maybe it is just this scene in specific but when comparing it to the original, he feels kind of bland. Not only does he sound older, but you dont really feel the change of character here as you did with the original. Though I must admit that judging from one single scene isnt really fair

Gonna be buying it either way, lol

Level 3
- Same engine as classic WC3, current engine upgraded (confirmed),
- On Battle.Net Launcher (confirmed),
- Crossplay between Reforged and Classic (confirmed),
- In options, you can choose to play with old graphics (confirmed),
- Classic mods compatible on Reforged (confirmed),
- Reforged includes ROC & TFT campaigns (confirmed),
- Ingame footage : http://puu.sh/BVeXM/ea8d0219cb.jpg,
- Ingame footage : http://puu.sh/BVf3F/e0898d817d.jpg,
- "Skins" and cosmetics, Paladin can be either Arthas, Uther, Arthas /w Frostmourne... (confirmed)
- Released in 2019 (confirmed),
- Founding of Durotar "revamp" (confirmed) and probably more (not confirmed),
- New editor can import old maps (confirmed),
- Old map will load HD models (confirmed),
- Animated trees (confirmed and seen),
- Frozen Throne getting remastered as well (confirmed),
- Audio will be upgraded, in every language Classic had and even more (re-recording with the same old actors) (confirmed),
- Old audio will still be in the game (confirmed),
- Achievements system (confirmed),
- New editor will be an improved version of the current editor (confirmed),
- Melee gameplay *mostly* unaffected (confirmed),
- New races ("Can't comment."),
- Balancing will continue to happen post-Reforged (confirmed),
- System requirement can't be said yet, due to the game still being in dev. (confirmed),
- Ingame cinematic-mode footage : http://puu.sh/BVgiY/af1c94eccd.jpg,
- Ingame cinematic-mode footage : http://puu.sh/BVgkd/0b359fd72b.jpg,
- No subtitle / textbox in cinematic-mode ?
- Game runs at 30-40 fps, unoptimized and streamed from a laptop,
- Inventory size being looked at (more than 6) (confirmed),
- Old cheat codes work (confirmed).

That's all I've got folks!
Got all that from Grubby playing with a dev. on his stream.

Anything that's "confirmed" was told by the dev. anything with a question mark is just from my observation from the game/stream, anything "not confirmed" was just mentionned and somewhat not answered clearly.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
re-recording with the same old actors
False, at least now. Besides, I wholeheartedly doubt it. There's not even need for it. They should keep the original sounds. They are proper, at least the voices and music.
Old audio will still be in the game
If that is true, thank the gods but will it be in the Reforged version too? I doubt that after seeing the Culling of Stratholme intro.

Level 16
I hope for a unit database in game like in starcraft 2. So you could for example choose footmen from Stormwind, Lordaeron Stromgarde, Dalaran etc. For orc the clans and so on.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
It will be the same as the old editor, but with updated graphics and new assets. It's built with the same engine as Warcraft 3. The editor will be as we know it, but with updates. You will be able to switch to the old graphics. Custom made models found on this site should work in the Reforged version, but may need an update to fit the new art style.

Level 12
I was watching the ceremony and then heard the Classic Games Team was up next, and I thought, here we go, Diablo 2 HD.

JeKY7K5.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Dynamic shadows btw.
Yes, we need to pay because swapping a shader is so much value!

Just WT is the world coming to. At least give some of those improvements to people who do not pay. I can understand the reworked art being part of it, but the UI and the dynamic shadows should be free as those are literally generic pieces of code.

Well at least all those XP users with Pentium 2s will be happy as they can finally play Warcraft III again.
- System requirement can't be said yet, due to the game still being in dev. (confirmed),
They why bother mentioning them. Especially ones so obviously wrong. They are saying the game runs on XP and a Pentium 2 for crying out loud. Not even current Warcraft III does.
The fact a laptop is running it so badly (sub 60 FPS) means that even moderate desk top PCs might struggle a bit, especially at 4k. And yes, it is optimized as I doubt they would be running a debug build for security reasons (anyone who touches their PCs could get source code details).

Last edited:
Level 3
They why bother mentioning them. Especially ones so obviously wrong. They are saying the game runs on XP and a Pentium 2 for crying out loud. Not even current Warcraft III does. The fact a laptop is running it so badly (sub 60 FPS) means that even moderate desk top PCs might struggle a bit, especially at 4k. And yes, it is optimized as I doubt they would be running a debug build for security reasons (anyone who touches their PCs could get source code details).

There was a question about what were the specs, the dev. really said (not exact same words but same meaning) "it's unoptimized for now as we're still working on engine updates and features, it should run as good as current classic in the future" - thought that was worth mentionning if someone was to point out the low fps or any questions regarding his pc, what's sure was that the demo Grubby played was unoptimized.

Level 14
I am literally gonna go to Blizz HQ and thank all who made this come to life the REMASTERED VERSION BRO!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR THIS NOW IT HAS FINALLY COME. HYPE FOR THE NEW GAME OF THE YEAR.

Warcraft III will never die!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.